• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 2,636 Views, 134 Comments

A Missing Puzzle Piece - Aurora Steel



Rainbow Dash finally gets into the Wonderbolts but she has feelings for one of then then Spitfire finds out and tries to make Rainbow Dashes life a living Tartarus

  • ...
30
 134
 2,636

chapter 7

The next morning Soarin woke up and to find that he wasn't dreaming that he was sleeping next to the Rainbow maned mare, his wing was still wrapped around her but she wasn't smiling her face had fear and guilt written all over it. Soorin decided that he would go and talk to Princess Luna, it was only 5am so the sun wouldn't be coming up for another half an hour. he carefully removed his wing and stroked Rainbows mane out of her face, he nuzzled her softly which made her smile for a second then her face went back to fear and guilt. He got out of bed silently and went and found a piece of parchment and a quill and wrote

Dear Dashie,

If your reading this then its because I have gone to see Princess Luna about something.

Hopefully I won't be gone to long, stay calm I'm not going anywhere! =)

Love

Soarin xoxo

He put the letter on the bedside table, gave Rainbow Dash a quick kiss and flew out of the balcony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he got to the castle he went into the main hall and requested that he could talk to Princess Luna, being a Wonderbolt has some perks he thought to himself. A couple of minutes later and Princess Luna entered and sat on the throne which changed colour to match her necklace and crown, the Sun on the banner changed to a Crescent just like the Princess's cutie mark.

Princess Luna broke the silence "Hello Wonderbolt, how may we be of service?"

Soarin bowed to the Lunar sister and said "Your Highness, I have come here to ask you if you could tell me what Rainbow Dash dreams about."

"Why prey tell does thou want to know what Miss Rainbow Dash is dreaming about?" a look of curiosity and slight disgust on her face.

Soarin said nervously "Your highness its not what you think, Rainbow Dash is in hospital because she broke her wing in several places, she had to go in for surgery for some reconstruction, anyway I haven't left her side at all and every night she seems to have nightmare's. I know that everypony gets nightmares but Rainbow Dash is getting them every night! I am really concerned for her but every time I ask she told me that it was nothing but it obviously is something!" He was practically shouting now.

The Lunar Princess thought for a minute and then said "If thou wishes to see Miss Rainbow Dash's dreams then we will show thou but be warned these nightmare's Miss Rainbow Dash is having are uncontrollable, not even we can control them and we have had over a thousand years of practice, not to mention dangerous."

" Don't worry your Highness whatever her dreams throw at me I'm sure that i can handle it!" Soarin said with the most confidence he could muster.

"As you wish, follow us" The Solar Princess instructed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About five minutes later they were standing on a balcony, the Princesses horn started to glow and suddenly they were in Rainbow Dash's dream.

It was a truly unpleasant sight, Captain Spitfire and Rainbow's demented dad were standing together and there were two bodies lying on the ground Soarin asked Princess Luna "What is going on here your Highness?"

The Solar Princess did not want to say but she forced it out "Soarin this is a moment that Miss Rainbow Dash has experienced, this was the moment where Rainbow Dash saw her father Lightning Dust murder her Mother and Sister. Miss Dash actually got hurt, there is a scar along the side of her stomach because Lightning Dust attacked her, Miss Dash managed to throw her father off but he was getting ready to pounce on her. If Miss Dash had not sent a letter to my Sister then Miss Dash over there would be dead. Right now Spitfire is one of Miss Dash's worst nightmares because of all the training she put Miss Dash through, so it is only natural that Captain Spitfire is here." Soarin was stunned by what the Solar Princess said.

Soarin said back in a nervous voice "Is there anyway for me to stop this dream?" He was filled with hope.

"We are sorry Soarin but thou can not inter fear with this dream now Miss Dash is far to involved with her dream, the only thing thou can do is to fly back to canterlot hospital and wake her up in time." Princess Luna said and her horn glowed once again and they were standing back on the balcony.

Soarin bowed to Princess luna and said "Thank you Princess, for showing me Rainbow's dream I must get going now"
"It is quite alright Soarin we hope that you get there in time!" The Lunar Princess said.

With the conformation for Soarin to leave, he shot off to Canterlot Hospital at break neck speeds.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soarin flew back into the room and shook Rainbow awake. He said "Dashie you need to wake up right now!" His voice was full of panic.

The Rainbow maned mare jumped up and said "Please don't hurt me dad!" She looked at Soarin who was looking really concerned.

Rainbow Dash sat back down on the cloud bed and broke down into tears. Soarin rushed over to her and hugged her tightly.

He said in a really calm voice "Dashie it was just a dream! Its ok now I'm here" He started to stroke the mare's Rainbow mane.

She lifted her head and whispered "Soarin... please help?" Soarin felt really sorry for her, so he put his wings around her and laid down on the cloud bed.

They stayed like this for a while until there was a knock on the door and a nurse with a trolley came in. She put down a tray of food on the bedside table, changed Rainbow's bandages and left the room. Rainbow put the tray on the bed and dove into it. A few minutes later the tray was back on the bedside table, Soarin came back over and laid down next to the mare.

Soarin asked Rainbow Dash "Do you know when you will be let out of the hospital?"

"The Doctor said that I would be let out in a couple of days so not long now" She said stretching her good wing.

Soarin said "One more thing, I saw what happened to your Mother and Sister and I am truly sorry for what happened!" He said Rainbow tear up again and hugged her again.

"T-tha-thank you" the cyan mare said. Soarin again wrapped his wings around her and laid down.

Soarin stroked her mane and whispered "Im here now and I will never leave you! You have nothing to fear anymore, your Father is in the dungeons and he has a life sentence, Spitfire is in the mountains where she can't get to you and you have an awesome job and awesome friends! I will always protect you!" Soarin kissed Rainbow Dash and he filled Rainbow Dash with joy and hope.

"Thank you Soarin for everything and you forgot to mention that you have an awesome marefriend!" Rainbow whispered back and locked muzzles again.

Soarin said "Now there is the Dashie I know and love!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of days later, just like the Doctor said Rainbow Dash was released from hospital and was allowed to fly again but she wasn't allowed to do any stunts for a couple of days. Rainbow Dash was disappointed that she couldn't do any stunts but she was glad that she was out of hospital.

The cyan mare walked out of the hospital with a certain sky blue stallion. The stallion asked "Hey Dashie, do you think that you can make the trip back to base?"

"To be honest Soarin I don't know, I really don't know but I will try!" Rainbow Dash said, the two Pegasi took off and headed back to base.

They got to base with out any injuries, they touched down in the entrance to the HQ. They walked through the base to Spitfire's office, along the way Rainbow Dash and Soarin got 'Welcome back' from every one they passed. They walked to Spitfire's office and knocked on the door. A voice called out "Enter". They pushed the door open and walked in, they saw Spitfire in her normal uniform. She was signing autographs, Captain spitfire looked up and said "Welcome back you two, now we have 3 shows coming up and we need to get you two up to speed."

"Sorry Captain but I can't do any stunts for about a week, Doctors orders." Rainbow Dash replied with a light smile.

The Captian replied in a strict tone "Alright then Rainbow Dash you are grounded from flying with the rest of the team until such time as your wing heals." Her tone was slightly icy

"Yes Ma'am, what will happen to Soarin?" The cyan mare said in a puzzled tone.

Spitfire replied in her drill sergeant tone "Lieutenant Soarin Skies will return to his schedule. Show season for the wonderbolts will be ending in 4 weeks so you Rainbow Dash will be in that show, but for now you are grounded. Dismissed."

"Yes Ma'am" They both said and walked out the door.

They headed around the corner and Rainbow Dash broke down laughing. Soarin was puzzled as to why Rainbow Dash was laughing so he simply asked "whats so funny Dashie?"

"Sorry Soarin, I just couldn't take Spitfire seriously, her drill sergeant voice doesn't work on me anymore so I though it was really funny." She replied. Soarin simply nodded and they walked to Rainbow's room.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour later and they were laying down on her balcony. Rainbow Said to Soarin "Hey Soarin, do you think that we should put in a request for a double room?"

Soarin looked over to his marefriend and said "I don't see why not, I don't think that there are any rules against Wonderbolts dating to share a room. I think that High Winds and Lightning Streak share a room and they are only engaged." He nuzzled Rainbow Dash on the cheek.

"True, but What about Spitfire, when I was in surgery even though there was a bit of noise I could still hear you argue! You really stood up to her, Thank you." She said hugging him.

Soarin thought about this for a second and the replied "We don't need to worry about her, she isn't the one we will go to see, we have to go to the dorm office to put in an application."

"Ok, are you sure that you want to do this because if you don't want to we can wait a while.."She said putting a hoof to her chin
Soarin thought 'If I move in with Dashie we won't be apart, hopefully I can help stop the nightmares and I will get to spend time with her... yeah I will!' "Dashie?" Soarin asked.

rainbow turned her head "yeah?"

"Lets go and put in a request for a double room!" Soarin said standing up.

Rainbow stood up as well "Sure, lets go!"

They walked out of Rainbow's room, Soarin put a wing around Rainbow and she did the same, she also rested her head on his shoulder. They walked down the halls getting 'awes' from everyone, they didn't take much notice of them and continued walking.

They saw a door saying 'Dorm Assignment Office' Rainbow and Soarin were walking over, when Spitfire walking the other way stopped and barked "What do you two think your doing?" Rainbow almost fell on the ground laughing but she manage to restrain herself.

Soarin snapped at Spitfire "We're just walking Ma'am, do you have a problem with that?"

Rainbow snickered and Spitfire growled "Where too Lieutenant?" Spitfires hair was starting to smoke again.

This time Rainbow Dash answered "To the dorm assignment office Ma'am." Rainbows mane starting to flame and he coat was paler.

"Why?!" Spitfire's mane now on fire

Soarin's coat now midnight blue and icy sharp, his mane now pale blue and as sharp as icicles "We are going to get a double room Spitfire!"

"Your going to get a double room with this pathetic mare?!?!"

Soarin was now so angry there were ice clouds around him "YES I AM! SPITFIRE!"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?" She said her mane was on fire and fire clouds forming.

"SPITFIRE! THE LAST TIME I CHECKED YOU COULDN'T DO A SONIC RAINBOOM AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION WHAT SOARIN AND I ARE DOING!!!" Her mane was a rainbow flame and her coat was white. At that moment five team mates came around the corner and stopped.

Spitfire snarled "WELL AT LEAST I DIDNT LET MY MOTHER AND SISTER DIE! AND SEND MY FATHER TO THE DUNGEONS!"

Rainbow's flaming mane went back to normal intact it lost a bit of its colour and her coat went cyan, but her coat was a little duller "Wha... how did you..." Rainbow Dash couldn't finish what she was saying, her ears drooped and she took a few steps back, tears started rolling down her face and she tripped over her tail. Soarin turned around and rushed over to Rainbow Dash, he sat down and hugged his marefriend tightly, he started nuzzling her.

He whispered into her ear so no one could hear "Rain... PLEASE... its going to be ok!" Then he kissed her and a tear rolled down his cheek.

Before Spitfire said anything else Misty Fly, Fleetfoot, High Winds, Rapid Fire and Lightning Streak ran in front of Soarin and Rainbow Dash they flared out their wings!

Misty Fly stepped forwards and screamed at Spitfire "SPITFIRE! HOW DARE YOU NOT ONLY INSULT THE RAINBOW OUT OF RAINBOW DASH, BUT YOU BRING OUT HER PAINFUL CHILDHOOD INTO THIS AND CAUSE HER TO BREAK DOWN!? WHO THE BUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?" Misty Fly's screaming attracted the other team mates.

They came up to the scene and one look at the crying rainbow dash with soarin trying to comfort her, then at the five team mates in front of them and Misty Fly screaming at Spitfire said it all. They all knew that Spitfire was tough but they didn't know that she was a heartless cow!

Surprise and Blaze came running up to Soarin and Rainbow Dash, while the rest of the wonderbolt came up to Spitfire.

Surprise yelled "Somepony go and get a blanket!" High Winds darted off and came back a moment later.

"Here Surprise" Blaze handed Surprise a blanket

Surprise smiled "Thanks Windy!" Surprise laid the blanket over Rainbow Dash and put a hoof over her shoulder. Soarin got up and went over to Spitfire. Soarin was so angry that every step he took ice formed and the atmosphere was very cold!

Some of the wonderbolts manes fiery, icy, Silver Lining's hair went electric, Blaze's hair almost turned into lava, High Wind's mane nearly turned into a mini hurricane. Soarin pushed to the front where Silver Lining, Crescent Moon and Fire Streak were. Soarin roared at Spitfire "Why are you doing this to Rainbow dash?!"

All the people around him went "YEAH"

"Because she is a STUPID excuse for a mare, she has an ego bigger than Equestria and she is too PIG HEADED to see that she doesn't deserve you!!" Surprise and the others managed to calm Rainbow Dash down until Rainbow Dash heard what Spitfire had said about her! She started crying again! Everyone started growling at Spitfire when they saw Rainbow Dash crying again, Blaze hugged Rainbow Dash trying to calm her down.

Soarin roared again at Spitfire "HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT!?" His ears were flat and his eyes were starting to glow!

"I said it because its true! SHE let her Mother and Sister die,SHE sent her Father to the dungeons, SHE broke her wing for no reason and SHE is so sensitive that she cries at the tiniest thing!!!"

When Rainbow Dash heard this she couldn't bear to take any more of what Spitfire was saying about her. She whispered "Soarin please help!"

Surprise, Fleetfoot and High Winds helped Rainbow to her hooves. Fleetfoot said "Silver Lining tell Soarin that we are taking Rainbow to her room." Silver Lining nodded and they left.

Silver Lightning walked over to Soarin and said "Soarin, Surprise and the others took Rainbow Dash back to her room, she couldn't take what Spitfire said anymore!" Soarin lowered his head and thanked Silver Lining. After a minute he lifted his head and looked at Spitfire with pure anger!

He growled "Rainbow Dash and I were having a peaceful afternoon, we decided to go and put in a request for a double room, we were walking peacefully enjoying each others company, yes are wings were draped over each other and every team mate we passed said 'awe' we were having a peaceful time. Then you came along and snarled at us just for walking and having our wings draped over each other, and then you go and remind her of her past! I know for a fact that every night Rainbow Dash has nightmare's! I went and asked Princess Luna to show me the nightmare she was having and you know what... it was the day when Rainbow lost her Mother and Sister, and her Father was sent to the dungeons! I saw someone else there as well.. YOU were standing next to her Father and both of you were laughing!"
Soarin paused for a moment and then went on "Rainbow got out of hospital today! I was there the whole time, when she was unconscious and conscious! I knew what was happening! she was re-living that day over and over again! Even Princess Luna can't control Rainbow's dreams anymore even though she has had over a thousand years of protecting dreams!! ITS ALL THANKS TO YOU SPITFIRE!! ALL THANKS TO YOU! SHE JUST GOT OUT OF HOSPITAL AND YOU TREATED HER LIKE A BUNCH OF FRUIT BATS ON HARVEST DAY!"

Soarin sat down and tears started rolling down his cheeks, Misty Fly and Blaze went over to him and hugged him, everyone surrounded him. Wave Chill, Silver Lining, Lightning Streak, Fire Streak and Crescent Moon went in front of him. Soarin didn't say anything. After a minute he finally spoke "Spitfire what you did to Rainbow Dash... YOU HEARTLESS COW!!! STAY AWAY FROM RAINBOW DASH OR ELSE!!" He flew off to Rainbow's room.

Author's Note:

HI:twilightsmile:
this is a long chapter and i hope the rest of chapters are this long!

next chapter coming out soon!:twilightsmile: