• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 1,074 Views, 14 Comments

Unexpected Destiny - Rising Shine



What is, when you lucid dreaming every night, but the dreams are mayby the truth?

  • ...
4
 14
 1,074

Chapter 17: You will always be in our hearts

Author's Note:

Rewritten by myself.

I open my eyes slowly. How can I live? Star killed me ... I looking around, hopefully seeing Sweet. When I see him ... no. Is he ... dead? His eyes are closed, his body isn't moving. But he is smiling. And I'm alive ... can it be ... can it be, that his dying wish worked really? That he wished, I'm back alive? Can it be, that my will work too? Sooner or later? No time for that, I have to stop Star. I see her, she is looking to Rising, away from me. I feel power in me. I'm not going to kill her ... but I'm going to help her back to normal. Something like I did with my friends against Nightmare Moon. Hope, she didn't realized, that I'm back. I start, my horn is glowing. And then I shoot the spell to her ...

I can see her ... she look like the same before ... but, she look more friendly and shy ... not evil and bad.

"Are you ... the true Black Star? The one, Rising Shine knows?" She looks up to me scared. "Who are you? GO AWAY!"

She even sound more friendly, even when scared right now.

"No ... I'm here to help you. I know about your bad life. It must be really hard for you." She looks down. "It was ... it ate my soul."

"Yes. And I am here, to free you from the darkness, that controls you." She sighs. "Nopony can free me ... the darkness will kill you ..."

"I don't think so, I will rescue you." I give her my hoof and smile to her. "No ... that wouldn't work!"

"Listen too me ... trust me, Black Star. You can be yourself ... you can see your friend, Rising again ... forever." She looks up. "I ... I'm ... I ... R-Rising?"

"Please ... I got this chance only from my best friend. He sacrifice his life for this. He was my ... special somepony ... please, take my hoof. I'll promise you, we will escape from here. You have to believe me." And then, she gives me her hoof finally. Right in that moment, some kind of black tendrils going to attack us. I use a light spell ... and it works. "Time too see the real Black Star ... get on my back."

She climbs on my back, my horn still glowing. "Hold on tight."

Still using the spell, I start flying with her, straight to the sun. It feels warmer and warmer ... until I land on the ground. I open my eyes. We are back in the castle. I look to Star. "Please, let it work ..."

She stands up ... turning around to me. Then she comes closer to me. I don't have the feeling, that she is going to hurt me ... when she reached me ... she ... hug me. "T-thank you. Thank you to save me. Thanks."

"I'm here to help, no problem." I hug her back. "Twilight, right? Sorry for all of this. I wasn't my- ..."

"It's okay ... but you should help your friend there." She looks to Rising, her eyes widen. "RISING!"

She uses a spell directly on him and Rising can move again. "Rising! I'm so sorry!"

Then, she runs to him and hug him tight. Rising hugs her tight back, rubbing her back. "So you are finally back, huh? Welcome back, Star."

They both are crying. Crying, that they are together again. Friends. But this isn't my happy end. I losed my friend ... no, he was more. I look to his dead body, tears getting in my eyes. I hoped it would work ...

"I'm sorry, Twilight ... there is nothing to bring him back, right?" I just shake my head ... why isn't it working ...

--------------------------------------------------5 days later--------------------------------------------

There they come. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I stand with Star and Twilight in the crowd of ponies. So many ponies came today. Saying good bye to Sweet. My life changed, thanks to him. When I didn't have met him accidentally ... It must be destiny.

"Today, we are all here, to say a good pony, good bye. Most of you may don't even know him, but for those ponies here, he was something special. A nice stallion ... a good friend ... a special somepony ..." Celestia looks to Twilight. She is crying. "... but at the end, he helped us all. Without him, without his dying wish ... we all wouldn't be here right now. Thanks to him and our newest Princess, Twilight Sparkle, a pony named Black Star, wouldn't be back to normal. We would be still captured. And some of you would be already dead. So let us say good bye to him. Dying is a rare thing in Equestria. It is always hard to lose somepony forever. Always. I saw ponies come and go. Mayby some of you too. But life goes on. And for him and all the other ones, who already gone, we should continue life. Remember the dead, but still continue life. And now a minute of silence for or friend."

And we all do. Nopony said anything. Completly silence. A whole minute.

"Thank you all. Our friend Fluttershy made a little song for him, after talking with Twilight." To surprise for everypony, Fluttershy appears on the podium. Even I didn't expect that ... afterall she is really shy. I think, this is a special situation.

"T-thank you. I don't know him good, but Twilight told me about him. He was a good pony. She asked me, if I can sing the short text, she gave me. Normally, I wouldn't, but I think, for her, I should do. From Twilight, for Sweet, if you can hear us ..." And then, she start to sing ... her voice is wonderful.

"When you know, you have done
to pass this life, to gone
Their will always be somepony
who remember what you done.

You will never be forgotten
even when you are rotten

You will always be in our hearts

We hope you lived well
in our big world
Remember the good and bad
and be proud of it

You was a wonderful friend
we'll never can show you that
but we all know in our hearts,
that you will be watching us.

Now it's time to say good bye
to our friend, to your life
And someday, in a far new world
we will see you happy alive.

And now, we sing together
for or loved friend
we will always keep you friend
in our place, in our heart."

Some of the ponies here, start to cry, especially Twilight. I feel sad too, tears in my eyes. Thank you a lot, Sweet ... I hope, you would like my book about you ...

------------------------------------------8 hours later-------------------------------------------

"Thank you ... thank you for everything, Sweet ... and that my dying wish worked."

Here I am. His grave.

"He was a good one ..." Rising and Star nodding. "Yes ... like he deserve it ..."

"Yep ... like I deserve it. You know, Twilight ... why do you wished, that I'm alive, few hours later?" Sweet looks to me, smiling. "Because I can't live without you anymore."

"But you know, that we can't see again ... they all thinking, I'm dead." Twilight looks down. "I know ... but I know, that you gave me something 4 days ago, that will remember me on you. New life." She smiles. "Can you care our foal alone?"

"I and Star helping her." They both nodding again. "Okay. I better go now ... new life, new identity, new look. I promise you, I will write you every monday, so long I live."

"Yes ... I will miss you, Sweet." Rising smiles. "Me too ..."

"I will miss you too. You are the only ponies, who knows, that I'm not dead ... anymore. The sun is beautiful today." Twilight sighs. "Sweet ..."

"Twilight ..." I kiss him, with tears in my eyes. "Good bye ... live good."

"So long you are alive, I am happy. I have to go now ... Good bye, you four."

And there he goes ... starting a new life ... following his new destiny. Sweet is dead ... but also still here. It hurts, to lie everypony, that he is dead. But so, he isn't in danger because of his magic. But I know, I will see him again ... sooner or later ... Good bye.

I smile and rub my belly, knowing that inside my womb is a foal, slowly growing inside ... Sweet Sparkle.

End