• Published 29th Apr 2014
  • 1,098 Views, 41 Comments

Blind - CreamMocha



WinterLily is a blind and mute filly trying to overcome obstacles of moving for the first time

  • ...
17
 41
 1,098

The News

Author's Note:

this is also a one word prompt kind of thing so I need words! :pinkiehappy:

Okay I've finished editing this one chapter, so please tell me if its okay now or needs further editing before I make a new chapter or edit the other ones.
I might keep editing a little though, you know, comments section ideas for a better story

WinterLily trailed behind RainbowDash out of their room, and strode down the stairs to the dining room table to speak- well- listen to her mother.
"Good morning, sweetheart!" Her mother greeted gleefully like all mothers would to their young. this can't be good she thought tensely, her mother was usually grumpy in mornings like this. She sat down in a chair pulled out by rainbow, the cushion was soft and comfortable. Her mothers facial expression changed quickly but, by the tone of her voice, her mother wanted her to stay calm. All the more reason to not be.

"So what's the big news you were talking about?" Dash asked curiously hoping for Wonderbolts tickets or something. Winter's mother couldn't hold it back anymore.
"We're moving!" She bursted cheerfully, a big smile slapped on her face, as far as Winter would tell. She realized this what this meant and couldn't help but think of bad things, would any pony not in her situation?. What no! I don't want to go mama I don't want to move! All the ponies are going to be mean to me! Tears started streaming down her face and Rainbow wrapped a wing around her comfortingly like an older sister.

Rainbow always acting like a sister to her, from the day she was born, through every moment when her father died, to right now. No matter the situation, her cousin had been through it all with her. This still didn't comfort her though.

"It's ok kiddo, it's just a house, it can't hurt you," She tried to calm Winter with a soothing tone. It didn't work her tears kept falling on the soft cloud floor below her. She opened her mouth and tried to scream as hard as she could to give her a voice nothing happened. A few minutes later Winter slammed her hooves onto the table and stormed off to her room, flinging the door shut.

_*_

That night WinterLily cried herself to sleep. How could she not have? Being blind and mute, moving? New school? This was too hard for her to take in. Had any pony she knew moved before? She stopped that thought and sat there, staring out her window. Half of the night she sat there in silence listening to the cicadas that flew to cloudsdale every spring. She loved them, their chirping symphony and she was disappointed when they left in the summer.

As the night slowly faded into the morning, the melody came to a stop. WinterLily's head rested softly on her pillow and the quiet pink filly fell asleep. She woke up by a tap on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, but were trying to get this bed into the truck," WinterLily opened her eyes and tilted her head to the side as her universal sign to say 'why?'. The mare caught her blind eyes.
"We're the moving company, were here to take your items to your new home," She said quickly in a happy voice. WinterLily stood in a completely bare room, all the posters of Wonderbolts and Rainbow's retro lava lamp had been taken away. Of course WinterLily hadn't seen any of it. She trudged down the stairs to the kitchen, when she was picked up by someone. She tried to get free of their grip, and she bit them.
"Ow! What's the deal, Winter?" She knew that voice, it was Rainbow. She hung her head in shame as to say sorry. "It's alright, just don't bite ponies when we get to ponyville, they'll think your a vampony or whatever ponies think these days. Then twilight will do some experiments on you, then you'll get classified as a psychopath," Rainbow trailed off a little. The thought scared her, Vamponies? They didn't sound nice and she didn't want to run into one. Who was Twilight and why did she want to classify her as a psychopath? Thoughts started clouding her young, imaginative mind as many fillies and colts did at her age.