• Published 21st Mar 2014
  • 2,345 Views, 56 Comments

Equestriooo - MythrilMoth



A collection of short stories about people from Ooo and ponies from Equestria.

  • ...
8
 56
 2,345

Grape Bubblegum

"Okay, it's all set up!"

Princess Bubblegum dusted off her hands and looked around at the brand-new, state-of-the-art lab setup in the basement of the Golden Oaks Library.

Twilight Sparkle stared in awe and delight at all the shiny, gleaming lab equipment. "Wooooow," she breathed. "We can do some serious science with all this!" She smiled up at the candy princess. "Thank you, Princess Bubblegum."

"It's the least I could do," Princess Bubblegum said. "I mean, since we're roomies now and all. I should be thanking you for letting me remodel your lab!"

"Well, our science is nowhere near your level, and I'm excited to learn!" Twilight said, clapping her hooves.

Princess Bubblegum put on her white lab coat and safety glasses. "Ready to make sweet, sweet science?"

"You know I am!" Twilight replied happily, donning her own safety glasses.

For six straight hours, puffs of varying colors of smoke erupted from the new chimney sticking out of the top of the mighty tree that housed the library and royal dwelling. The ground occasionally shuddered from mild explosions.

By nightfall, the two princesses were sprawled out on Lady Rainicorn, who was curled up in the main reading room. "That...was...amazing," Twilight said breathily.

"I've never known anyone who could keep up with me like that before," Princess Bubblegum said with a silly smile. "Twilight, you rule."

"당신의 두 사람은 너무 유사하다," Lady Rainicorn said. "당신이 함께 아기를 확인해야합니다!"

"Hey, you're right!" Princess Bubblegum said with a wide smile.

"Hmm? What'd she say?" Twilight asked.

"I'll tell you in the morning," Princess Bubblegum replied sleepily.

The next morning, the two princesses stood in the lab. Princess Bubblegum busied herself with carefully measuring volumes of colorful chemicals into test tubes and beakers, and a Bunsen burner sent a thin stream of pink smoke up from a bubbling tube of pink sludge.

Twilight immediately noticed something unusual about the candy princess. "Did you cut your hair?"

"Yes, I did!" Princess Bubblegum replied, running a hand through her short pageboy cut. "I needed the biomass for today's experiment."

"Biomass?" Twilight asked, tilting her head.

At that moment, the door to the lab opened, and Spike tottered in, carrying a wooden crate twice his size. "I got the grape lollipops you wanted, PB," Spike said.

"Thank you, Spike," Princess Bubblegum said as the dragon set the crate down with a grunt. She walked over to a sheet-covered table and removed the sheet. Upon the table lay her severed hair, spread out in a tangled, gooey mass. "Twilight, would you please unwrap all the lollipops and pile them on the table with my hair? Just stick them in there wherever they'll fit."

"Umm...okay," Twilight replied, blinking. Her horn lit up as she lifted the entire mass of lollipops out of the crate, unwrapped each one, and stuck them all to the pink hair. She made certain that each piece of candy was touching the bubblegum hair.

"Well that's gross," Spike said.

Princess Bubblegum studied the mass of hair and lollipops, and nodded. "Perfect. Now, I require one more thing." She picked up a pair of scissors and walked over to Twilight. "May I cut a small sample of your hair? I need about a gram. Maybe less."

Twilight frowned. "What's this for?"

"You'll see," Princess Bubblegum said, with a creepy smile that matched Twilight's most terrifying insane grins.

"Well, alright," Twilight said. "Umm...is it okay if it's from my tail?"

"Mane, tail, coat, whichever," Princess Bubblegum said indifferently.

"Okay then...just make it nice and even, alright? Rarity will throw a fit if my tail isn't perfect."

"Of course!" Princess Bubblegum said. She walked behind Twilight, bent down, and using a comb as a level, she carefully cut off an inch of Twilight's tail.

Twilight levitated a dustpan and a small broom from the corner and swept up the fallen hair. "Okay, so what did you want to do with this?"

Princess Bubblegum pointed to the burbling pink gunk in the test tube. "Put it in there," she said.

Twilight complied, adding her tail hair to the goop. The hair sank into the crud, which slowly turned a bright, vivid purple. "Perfect!" Princess Bubblegum cried happily, clapping. Using tongs, she removed the test tube from the burner and poured it into a flask of dark yellow fluid, then stirred it with a glass rod. She picked up the flask and carried it over to the mass of hair and lollipops. "Oh, I hope this turns out better than the last time..."

"What exactly are you doing?" Twilight asked.

"Well...remember how I told you that all the people of my kingdom are made of candy?" Princess Bubblegum asked. "Well, I'm creating a new candy person. A very special candy person." Before Twilight could ask another question, Princess Bubblegum poured the potion onto the candy pile.

As the potion seeped in, the pile began to bubble and warp. The lollipops melted into the gum hair, turning it the same vivid purple as the slorp from the test tube. The mass elongated and smoothed out, taking on a humanoid shape.

"Whoa," Spike said. "Freaky."

Twilight gasped. "Incredible!"

When the process finished, a naked purple bubblegum girl lay on the table. She opened her eyes and yawned. She sat up and looked around, blinking.

She looked like a smaller, purple version of Princess Bubblegum. Her medium-length hair was a slightly darker shade of purple, with a wavy streak of bubblegum pink straight down the middle. She had a stubby horn on her forehead.

Princess Bubblegum held up one of her spare dresses. "Could you stand up, please?"

"Okay, Mommy," the purple girl said, hopping off the table. As she stood, tiny purple wings spread out from her shoulderblades.

Princess Bubblegum blinked. "Hmm. Didn't account for that. Oh well! Rarity's going to have to make you some new clothes anyway." She handed the dress to the girl, who folded her wings and slipped it on over her head.

Twilight stared at the girl. "She looks like you, but...she's purple. And has...wings and a horn...like me?"

"And she has your pink hair streak," Spike added.

Princess Bubblegum beamed. "Twilight, I'd like you to meet Grape Bubblegum. She's our daughter!"

Twilight's eyes widened. "OUR daughter?"

"Yes! Yours and mine! I made her from our combined DNA!" Princess Bubblegum smiled lovingly and stroked Grape Bubblegum's hair.

Grape Bubblegum walked up to Twilight, still slightly unsteady on her feet. "You're pretty, Pony-Mommy!" She hugged Twilight around the neck.

"Uh...thank you...Grape..."

Spike shook his head. "Okay, this is too freaky. I'm outta here."