• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 1,239 Views, 40 Comments

The Days To Follow - Excy



Rarity loses her memory just when her and Spike are about to divorce. He tries to help her get it back.

  • ...
13
 40
 1,239

Old Flames and New Visitors

After Spike finished telling the girls about what happened, they looked worried.

"So wait, you and Rarity were getting a divorce? Why didn't you tell any of us?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I was, but obviously she is in no condition to do so, and we were, but at the time we just needed to, I don't know, get it done. We couldn't stand each other, and I don't think we could stand being with each other anymore."

"But Spike, you love Rarity. Why would you want to leave her? Do you not love her anymore?" Pinkie interrogated.

"Oh no, I love Rarity to death, and I would never want anything to happen to her, but the arguing was getting to the point of where we wouldn't even sleep in the same room anymore."

"Well, Ah' don't know about you guys, but Ah' kinda wanna see her, ya' know, to check up on her." Applejack suggested. Spike and the girls nodded in agreement.

"Then we should get going, before it gets too late." Rainbow said.

"I... I don't think that's a good idea." Spike said.

"WHAT?!" The girls all yelled in unison.

"Well, I think she needs some time alone. To be able to, at the very least, rest and hopefully begin to piece things back together. Besides, the nurse and doctor don't want any visitors anyway."

"Girls, Spike is right. I think we should go tomorrow. Just so she can have some time to herself." Twilight agreed.

"Come on! She's our best friend. I'm sure they'll let us in for a few minutes, at the very least!" Rainbow argued.

"Spike, you need to fight for the ones you love, and that's why we need to go." Applejack encouraged, changing Spike's mind.

"If you girls really want to see her that badly, we can go. I can't promise that you'll see her, though." Spike said

"Then we should get going." Twilight said. With that, they made their way to the hospital.
---
"Hello Fancy. How have you been?" Rarity asked from her bed.

"I've been good. Yourself?"

"Well... I could be better." She said looking over to the IV in her arm. They shared a laugh.

"May I sit?" He asked her.

"Of course, darling."

"So, if I may ask, what happened? Or, why are you here?"

"To be honest, I have no idea." I don't remember anything that's happened recently. The last thing I remember is telling you... something. I can't remember what though." She admitted.

"Well...do you remember anything about where you were? Or what we were doing?"

"No, not really. Wait! I remember... us walking around, and stopping at the bridge. I... I think I said something to you that made you upset."

"You broke up with me."

"W-What?"

"You broke up with me, Rarity. I remember that day perfectly."

"W-What? It feels like it was just yesterday I was with you!" She yelled.

"Rarity, that was six years ago."

"How?!

"Rarity, you have amnesia, and you're memory only goes as far as to when we broke up."

"I... I refuse to believe that." Rarity stated, turning her head the opposite way. Then, she noticed the wedding band around her hoof. "See, I still have my wedding band. If we aren't married, or even together, who is my husband?"

Suddenly, as if by fate, Spike opened the door to the room and surveyed the scene in front of him. He looked at Rarity in confusion.

"Oh, welcome back, Spike." Rarity greeted. "I was just talking to-"

"I know who he is, Rarity." He spat, glaring at Fancy Pants.

"Hello, Spike. It's marvelous to be able to see you again!" Fancy got up and walked over to Spike. "Rarity and I were just discussing the past." Fancy assured, patting Spike on the back.

"Yeah, well I don't think that's good for her in her current condition." Spike growled.

"You do make a good point, my old friend. Perhaps I should leave you two alone for a bit, hm?" Fancy suggested, feeling Spike's anger start to rise.

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea." Spike grumbled.

"Rarity, I will be back again to check on you." Fancy bent over and kissed her hand, earning a giggle from Rarity. Do expect me later in the week." He said before leaving.

"Look, Rarity, we need to-"

"SURPRISE!" The girls yelled, busting through the door. Spike sighed. Rarity looked excited to see them.

"Girls! Oh, I have missed you so much! You look so different from the last time I saw you. All of you!" Rarity said, wiping a tear.

"We missed you too, Rares! We were all so worried when we heard what happened, we rushed over as soon as we could!"

"I am so glad you're all here, we have so much to catch up on!" Rarity giggled, clapping her hooves together.

And they did. The girls got Rarity caught up on everything that she missed. She was caught up on all the gossip and the new trends. They didn't mention anything about her personal life, which was Spike's job. After they were finished, the girls left, but Spike stayed behind.

"Spike, are you still here? Is there something you needed?" Rarity asked.

"Actually, yes, there is." Spike walked over and sat on the bed beside her. "Rarity, we need to talk."

Author's Note:

Haha! Surprise! I bet you all thought I was dead!

I finally have updated a story! I dont think I've done that since july, more or less, which I feel absolutely horrible about. But even though I updated, doesn't mean Im back for good (unfortunately).

I literally updated this from my WiiU because I was so desperate to update. And it felt good to update again.

But yeah, here's a chapter. Im really glad im back (almost).