• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 1,239 Views, 40 Comments

The Days To Follow - Excy



Rarity loses her memory just when her and Spike are about to divorce. He tries to help her get it back.

  • ...
13
 40
 1,239

Divorce Day

The next morning, Spike was first to wake up. At first, he was confused about where he woke up, but then remembered last night.

"Oh yeah."

As he made his way to the guest bathroom, he walked by Rarity's room to see if she was awake, which she was not. He stood there for a few minutes which made him think, maybe he divorce is a bad idea.

"It's for the best." He muttered to himself.

As he made his way to the bathroom, he thought about the days plans. He had to pack his things, go to Canterlot for the divorce papers, and make it back to the library before night. He had a long day ahead of him. As he began to wash up, Rarity woke up, also confused as to why she was alone, until she too realized why. She walked over to the mirror and looked at herself. She had make-up smeared along her eyes.

"I must clean up immediately. A lady must always look her best." She said with confidence in herself.

As she entered her bathroom shower, Spike got out of the guest shower and went into the kitchen.

"Might as well make something for her while I'm here." So he did. He made a few waffles with a side of toast and eggs.

When Rarity finished her shower, she smelled something cooking.

"What in the world?" She walked out of the bathroom and ran downstairs to the kitchen.

"What do you think you're doing?" She said to Spike, making Raritys plate.

"What does it look like? I made food. Have some."

"What did you do to it?"

"Oh ha ha, funny. Nothing. I can't make my soon-to-be ex-wife dinner before we make this divorce official?"

"Is someone upset about a divorce? You agreed to it."

"Yeah I did, and I regret nothing."

"Whatever." Rarity said, taking her plate of food and walking into the dining room.

An hour past, and they decided it was time to leave. When they made it to the train station, it was 1:30. The problem was, they had bought their tickets, for 2:30.

"What do you want to do for an hour?" Spike asked.

"Wait for the train."

"Really? Out of all the things happening right now, you choose to sit and wait for the train for an hour?"

"Absolutely."

"Whatever. I'll meet you back here in an hour."

"Just where do you think you're going?"

"Oh, sorry Mom. I was just going to do something with my time, like go to the carnival." He said, pointing to a giant field full of rides.

"F-Fine." Rarity hesitated.

"Are you sure? You hesitated."

"I'm fine. Go along without me."

"Okay. I'll be back in an hour."

"Actually, wait,"

"I knew it. Let's go."

They walked to the nearby carnival and bought tickets. They went on two rides before they started arguing.

"You lied to me?"

"Only so you'd go on the Zipper with me."

"I told you I didn't want to!"

"And that's exactly why I lied."

"I'm leaving."

"Come on, Rares. Just one more game? Not even a ride."

Before answering, she thought about it for a moment.

"Ugh, fine. One game!"

"Awesome!"

So the game Rarity chose was Ball Toss. She threw the ball at the pins, and got one. Her second ball missed completely, and so did the third.

"What?! That's impossible! I threw the ball directly at it. I'm trying again. Spike give me another ticket!"

"Okay." Handing one over with a grin.

She tried again, and missed all three. She tried again, and again, and again, and still didn't win. Soon, they were on they're last three tickets.

"Hold on, let me try." Spike said.

He threw the first ball and got all three at once.

"Winner! Choose your prize!" The machine yelled. Spike chose the pink fluffy bear and gave it to Rarity.

"You're welcome." He joked.

"Whatever! I could've done that myself!"

"Then why didn't you then?"

"I-I was warming up is all!"

"Mhmm. You spent twenty seven of our thirty tickets, on one game."

"Whatever." She joked, shoving Spike.

"We should probably get going, loser."

"Shush. What time is it?"

"Uhhh... 2:25."

"What?! We'll never make the train now!"

"No, we won't. Not unless..." Spike pondered it for a moment. "Rarity, you have to get on my back.."

"Are you insane?! I would never do something so unladylike as to 'hop on' your back in public!"

"Rarity, we won't make it if you keep complaing. You and I both know I am very fast."

"In more ways than one." She scoffed under her breath, not going unnoticed by Spike, who blushed.

"A-Are we going or not?!" Spike shouted, still embarrassed. Rarity climbed Spike and sat atop his shoulders, which were surprisingly built. She never noticed them before.

"Hold on." He warned her before he took off. Thenm he took off. Spike began to run extremely fast, which made Rarity nauseous. Not too long after, they made it just in time for the train. Spije knelt down and Rarity got off of his shoulders.

"You are such an animal."

"In more ways than one." He mocked, winking at ger as he boarded the train. Rarity rolled her eyes and followed suit, takin the window seat beside Spike.

The train began to move and rain began to come down.

"Why didn't you warn me about the rain?"

"Maybe some people like surprises."

"Maybe, but it's raining hard."

"Yeah, you're right."

And, as if by magic, as soon as he said that, thunder and lightnig filled the sky.

"Oh my, this is awful." Rarity said in shock.

"Hopefully we'll make it.

The train was going extremely fast and believe it or not, it was worrying Spike.

"Is something the matter, Spike?"

"Uh... n-nothing. I-I'm fine." He said tapping his leg with his fingers rather nervously .

"You don't sound it."

"I'm fine dammit!" He yelled at her. She coward back a little in shock, even though she was somewhat used to it.

"I'm sorry, Rarity. I just get stressed when it rains like this and we're on a train."

"It's alright I guess. It happens to everypony, we'll be fine."

"I'll take your word for it."

Lighting struck again. This time, closer to the train. This didn't go unnoticed by Spike though.

"Oh no. No no no no no no no no."

"What is the matter?"

Lightning struck once more. Not hitting the train, but he tracks in front of it.

The train drove right off of he tracks and slid down a dirt path. The wet ground was takig the train down he path without struggle.

"Hold on!" Spike yelled.

Which she did. She grabbed Spike by the waist and he held onto her with one hand and the railing beside him with another.

After skidding for almost five minutes, the train toppled over and began rolling. It continued to roll until it it a nearby building, which slowed the train.

When the train came to a complete stop, people emerged from their seats, Passengers making sure their neighbors were okay. Spike got up, and ran over to Rarity, who was lying unconsious beside him.

"Rarity?"

Author's Note:

Oooh cliffhangers right? So yeah. Nohing really to say. Constuctive critisism welcome.