• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 3,119 Views, 92 Comments

White Scales and Green Fur - 110calligraphybrony



Spike and Sweetie Belle have been in a relationship for a while, but what happens when bot change for eachother?

  • ...
21
 92
 3,119

Chapter 5

Celestia, it felt like I slept over a year. how weird, mumbled Spike, inside his head, dazed from the previous night.

It was, as far as he knew, the best night of life. He couldn’t remember anything that had happened.

It’s up to the reader what happened last night. What? Wow, it really was a long night. I’m thinking of the weirdest stuff right now.

The sunrise was breathtaking, he had never seen anything as amazing as the vibrant sun dancing through the morning mist and over the lake water. That was, until he saw a leg draped over his waist and found what was number one on the list of most amazing things to him. Sweetie was fast asleep, and snoring peacefully, wrapped under Spike’s arm. The memories flooded back into his mind… the things they may or may not have done depending on what the reader thinks. Sweetie slowly opened her eyes, hoping to adjust to the morning rays.

Last night was so much fun… I’ve haven’t slept that well in ages. It feels like I hibernated for over a year. Sweetie said in her head. Spike is so comfortable… I wish I could just sit here all day, but I probably should get up.

“Good morning sunshine,” Spike said as he planted a light peck on Sweetie’s lips. He was entranced by her marvelous purple orbs.

“Good morning too Spike. What do you wanna do today?” Sweetie said, sitting upright and getting to eye level.

“We start with some coffee? There’s a nice place down the road.” Spike said, ready for something to return him to his normal, non-zombie like state of tiredness.

They went down the road, seeing a majority of their friends as they moved down the dirt road. It was a quiet little cafE, run by some friends of Pinkie Pie. The coffee was very fresh, just the strong scent lingering from the drink starting to awaken Spike from his stupor.

“That was awesome last night Spike, we should go there on a picnic sometime, it’s beautiful,” Sweetie said, as they sat down in there little two-pony table.

“Yeah… it is quite a view…” Spike said, as his sight lingered around the neighboring tables.“I hope Twilight won’t be mad that I’m gonna be late today. Oh well, I can get everything done if I hurry, Spike said as he thought of something important.

There was a few other pony couples, laughing as they enjoyed eachothers company. Spike started to think about his and Sweeties future. They could definitely live together, they could support a household, but most importantly be a family. Family. The word echoed in his head as he saw a foal jump up into it’s fathers lap. How would it work? He’s a dragon… he really wants children, Sweetie maybe even more so. He thought… adoption? No, Sweetie probably wants her own child. Spike knew genetics, he was lectured day and night about biology from his sister as he fought to stay awake. It wouldn’t work… but Twilight had been working on something interesting recently, maybe her magic would apply to him.

“Spike? Spike? Equestria to Spike?” Sweetie said as she tried her hardest to awake her coltfriend.

“What? I’m here. Sorry, I was thinking about something,” he tried to explain.

“What were ya thinking bout?” Sweetie said, adorably.

“Uhhhhh… Pancakes! Yeah, I’ve undercooked them a few times and I’m thinking which way will make them perfect. Sorry if I ignored you.” He said, trying his best to look honest even though he just lied to her face.

“Okay…” She said, trying to hold back laughter at how much of a dork Spike was.

“I was thinking that we could go out someplace nicer tonight ya know? I mean this is a nice date, but It would be better at a more formal restaurant,” Spike said, pondering what they could do later that night.

Sweetie knitted her brows as she mulled over the possible options for this date. Even though it was a somewhat spontaneous proposal, she wanted to plan it well. Spike, on the other hand, was too busy thinking about the possibility of having a family… It weighed heavily on his mind, even though he only now just uncovered the issue. Sweetie was entirely oblivious to what he was thinking about, and whether it was serious or not. This was a skill of body language acquired from having to look like Spike was actually studying, when he actually had the newest issue of Power Ponies hidden in the depths of the book.

“How about saucisse hutte junior’s? I heard it has fantastic ambiance,” she said, as she hoped to find a look of approval on his face, but again found his stone cold face of thought.

“Spike? Seriously, what is wrong with you?” She said as she tapped him on the cheek, once again returning him to reality.

”You haven’t been acting like yourself at all this morning… Is something wrong?,” she inquired, wondering why Spike has been thoroughly ignoring this entire morning.

‘Should I tell the truth? I don’t know if she will want to know I’m thinking about something so far off in the relationship. I’ll just bring it up gently.’

“Just speaking hypothetically, if we were to happen to fall deeper in love, and maybe start a family… would we be able to? Like, since we’re different species and so?,” he said moving closer as he tried to tell her what he was worried about without freaking her out.

Sweetie sat in silence, staring off into the distance, thinking of what to say. At first, she was shocked to hear such a heavy statement, but the more and more she ran it through her head, the more sense it made. But she would rather save such a discussion over this dilemma for later.

“It’s not a big deal, we can work it out later.”

Spike was still unsettled about the problem, but chose to set it aside for later.

“So now that that’s out of the way, would the saucisse hutte junior’s be nice to go for our date tonight?,” she said, hoping to finally get a response to her suggestion.

“Yeah, that sounds great!” Spike and Sweetie started to get up, ready to head to their respective homes.

“How about we meet up a little before sundown? I’ll just meet you at the library.” He said, as they left the cafe and headed their separate ways.

“Sounds great! See you later hot stuff!” Sweetie winked, as she headed towards the boutique and left Spike to walk home. Tonight was going to be great she said to herself, as she thought of the endless combinations of outfits to sway Spike that were at her proposal because of her sister.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spike approached the library after the time at the cafe. The sun was completely out, and he saw an unfamiliar piece of paper pinned to the door. It read ‘Out to help Fluttershy with some turtles, I wouldn’t do it if Celestia didn’t find out I was in my house for 2 straight weeks. Anyway, I’ll be back tomorrow, watch the library and feel free to read whatever you want. And by whatever you want I mean minimum 5 books. Also, reorganize the biology section. Don’t worry about what I was reading. ~ Twilight’

“Ughhh…,” He moaned as he remembered the material he put off by his shenanigans last night.

Spike entered the library, and noticed the biology section was torn apart. Random pages opened, so disorganized, he knew it only could of been the work of sleep-deprived Twilight. One book caught his eye more than the others. Species Metamorphosis Potions 7th Edition. He opened the large work, hoping to find what he was looking for. His eyes darted back and forth, searching meticulously for something to help him. And then he found it. Dragon to Equine Metamorphosis. Underneath, he spotted the opposite, but it did not apply to him. He continued reading.
Potion difficulty- Intermediate, Pain- Excruciating, Time of Completion- 20 hours.

He read through the ingredients, nodding his head, acknowledging that this would be simple for him to complete, as he helped Twilight with many potions over the years. He quickly made the potion in a matter of minutes. He placed it in front of him self ready to drink, but stopped and looked over the book again. There were more warnings than instructions he noticed. Spike stopped, thinking about what he was about to do.

“Do I really want to turn myself into a pony? I mean I love being a dragon, but I would be taken more seriously if I were a normal species… “

“Me and Sweetie could live a peaceful life without all of those protesters… I can take it now and be ready by tomorrow. If I don’t do this now, I’m afraid I never will,” he said to himself, rubbing his chin.

Spike looked out the window, thinking about this life altering decision. He had found more pros than cons, and took that as enough of a reason. He washed down the rancid substance, immediately rushing to his spare case of gems to help rid the taste from his mouth. He laid down for a quick nap, and immediately returned to the book to look over what he had done.

It was not until he glanced once more at the various warnings that he read something he had not yet seen.

Irreversible

Author's Note:

Pardon my poor writing/grammar/punctuation/jokes/whatever else I jacked up. Tell me if you see an error peeps. A little over a year I think, sorry for the wait. Was gonna have more, but the chapter would of been much too long. Idk when the next will be out. Also there is most likely going to be a few continuity errors, I didn't go over those much. Hopefully you enjoy the new chapter!