• Published 27th Feb 2014
  • 3,118 Views, 92 Comments

White Scales and Green Fur - 110calligraphybrony



Spike and Sweetie Belle have been in a relationship for a while, but what happens when bot change for eachother?

  • ...
21
 92
 3,118

Chapter 3: Meet the parents

Sweetie Belle contemplated what the effects of this new information would mean for her. What if her parents made her break up with Spike? Or even worse, if her father could not hold his feelings in, would he act on them? Well, she thought it was sure. Her father not only publicly showed his disapproval of it, bit openly had shown aggression. But as she was thinking, she was interrupted.

"I just hope father won't hurt Spike. Maybe we can change hs mind." Rarity said recovering from her depressed state hopeful to devise a viable plan for the couple.

"Well, we can talk on the way to their house. Our stop is here." Spike stated after seeing the familiar castle of Canterlot and enjoying the view as the suns rays were sliced by the spires that reached to the sky. But he couldn't help but worry as Sweetie Belle shook while staring to something distant. "Its okay I'm here, and I always will be here" Spike sad comforting her.

Sweetie had never felt safer in anyone's arms(and yes, including forelegs) and it caused emotions to take over. "Spike, I love you." Spoke Sweetie with such beauty and sincerity that Spike nearly teared up. Never had anyone made him happier, and he had been waiting weeks to say the same thing.

"I love you too, and whatever happens, stay strong." Spike said, staring into her emerald eyes. He had yet to indulge in a more content moment in his life, yet it was tragically cut short by the sound of train brakes screeching on the track, eliciting a sound that would be frowned upon by Discord himself.

"I'll take your bags honey." Said Fancy, showing his gentlestallion side to his wife. They all departed the cramped station and headed out on the bright sunny day preparing for a far more awkward place. Not only were they returning after years of separation, but that separation occurred because of parental fighting. Also, the daughters were returning with one having a husband and one being in a relationship type that they openly show to be one for "freaks", which their youngest daughter seems to be categorized in.

"Lets just be open and honest, maybe they will tolerate him because he is practically royalty, and maybe they can look past his exterior to see that he is a great being and that he would be a great person to be with their daughter." Rarity had not been to their house for years, yet she still remembered it. It was a quaint yet luxurious house, with twin columns adorning the porch, leading to the large purple door. It was a large white house, and as they approached it, they grew more and more worried. Just before trotting up the driveway, they agreed to say Spike is here just as a friend of Rarity's and that Sweetie's coltfriend is too sick to come.

For what seemed like an eternity, they stared at the door, as if trying to open it with their minds. Finally, Rarity knocked on the door, and they waited until an old, slightly chubby pink mare opened the door with a look of amazement and happiness.

"OH! MY LITTLE BABIES HAVE GROWN UP SO MUCH! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?" Pearl yelled, possibly re-injuring Spike's eardrums, from now, it seemed like it ran in the family.

"Note to self: do not surprise Sweetie Belle." Spike thought to himself while slamming his palms against his ears, waiting for the ringing to subside.

"Oh, we've just been in Ponyville, Sweetie has been staying with me and attending school. This is Fancy Pants, the one we talked with. Oh, and this is my friend Spike. He has been helping me with finding gems for my fashion." She said calmly, successfully ending her mother's scream session.

"Oh, thats great! Nice to meet you Spike. So, where is Sweet's little coltfriend?" She questioned with a smile.

"Well, he has caught a cold, and he didn't want to meet you when in a bad state mother." Sweetie said, hoping to calm her mother's nerves, yet was nervous and looked at Spike.

"Oh, please call me mom, no need for such formalities when being able to speak to your mother for the first time." She approached Sweetie, and giving her the largest bear hug a mother could give, she let the tears flow. "I. I. I missed everything... your first day of school, your first time TALKING for Celestias sake. I'm so, so , SO sorry. Can you ever forgive me Sweetie?" She pleaded, looking into her daughter's eyes with longing.

"Of course I can. You're my mother. But, do you think I could see dad?" She feebly answered, as she as well had been crying.

"He's out right now. Please, come inside. I would like to talk to Rarity's dragon friend." She said, leading them into the house.

They all walked inside, staring longingly at the beautiful architecture, art, and furniture. It was a large house, with a large titanic style staircase straight across from the door, with a living room to the right and kitchen to the left. They all walked into the living room, sitting on the couch that surrounded all of the room except for the entrance. Spike and Sweetie sat next to each other, but kept their distance. Rarity and Fancy Sat next to Pearl.

"Well, what's your story Spike, as I've already had an extensive dicussion with Rarity and Fancy on the phone." Pearl brought up, crossing her legs and looking at Spike while tilting her head in patience for his answer.

"Actually, I am the assistant to Princess Twilight Sparkle, and I've been raised from birth by Celestia and Twilight, I am an avid musician, dancer, and calligraphist, but I have yet to go to school as I have been home schooled by them for my life. And let me say, it is a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Belle." Spike replied, with such a chivalrous attitude that Pearl blinked in an astounded manner.

"Well well well, it seems that we have royalty amidst us, and great manners too. I'll be glad to call you my daughter's drakefriend." She said with a smirk. The reaction was instant.

"Wha wha what did you say mom?" Rarity and Sweetie Belle said simultaneously.

"Oh, I'm not stupid. The way you look at each other, how you hesitated when telling me why he was here, and also I saw you two suspiciously close to each other when you were waiting, I saw you through the window." She said, with confidence.

"Not to freak you out, but what happened to interspecies couples being 'freaks'?" Sweetie asked with worry in her voice.

"Oh my. I need to talk about that. I've... never actually been against interspecies relationships... or, immigrants. Sometimes, you just have to put on an act for the ones you love. The real reason he lost that job was because he was always late. It was his fault. I'm sorry, but when we tell Magnum, he will get mad. But it's necessary." She stated, with a sad tone at the end.

"Do you mind if I use the bathroom Pearl?" Spike asked.

"Up the stairs, left hall, first door to the right." Pearl answered immediately.

For some STRANGE reason, as if some higher power planned it, Magnum walked in to his house and dropped the apples he had picked up when he saw his daughters in his house. He immediately hugged them, and talked about everything. Just as they were settling down into the couch, he asked a question no one wanted to hear.

"Well where's Sweeties little friend." He said hoping to embarrass her, but instead sending a chill down her spine.

Everyone stopped, seeing that the "friend" in question had returned, and was awkwardly standing in the entrance of the living room and struggling to keep a smile on his face as his pupils dilated at the glare of his fillyfriend's father.

"Um... why in Tartarus is a DRAGON in MY house?" He said with rage in his eyes.

"He is royalty and will be treated as such. Be nice honey." Pearl said, calming down her husband.

"Fine. How is HE royalty?" He said, his eye twitching.

"He was raised by Celestia and Twilight Sparkle and is practically Twilight's brother and Celestia's son." She said, knowing what was coming next.

"Okay, but why is he here, anyways?" Every one in the room grew wide eyed. But Sweetie said the unsayable. (Its a new word)

"Daddy, he is my colt- I mean drakefriend." She said with strength and confidence.

"I'm sorry. I must be older than I think. Did you just say you were... dating this... scale back?" He said, obviously hoping he was right that he was getting old.

"MAGNUM BELLE. You will not call Sweetie's drakefriend that horrible name." She said, standing up and staring at him.

"I WILL DO WHAT I WANT TO THIS SCALEBACK." Magnum yelled standing up, purposely overpronouncing the slur. He then pointed to Spike, and Sweetie got up and slapped Magnum in the face with her hoof.

"He is my drakefriend, and you will show him respect." She said, seething with anger.

"How should I respect him when I can't even respect my own daughter. I was hoping to reconnect with you, but it seems that you are already to far off to be my daughter anymore. Get out, all of you, before I make your "friend" regret staying." He declared, and you could see he was close to losing control. They left, Rarity and Sweetie crying, and leaving a house that was blaring with the sound of arguments.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait. Track sucks sometimes, but it is a great time to think while running. I apologize for this chapter, and the rest of the story for any grammar errors or if I get information. I am hoping to improve as the story progresses. I would lime to have 8-10 chapters total for this story, and will most likely have new chapters posted every week or two. Also, I know the parents are really O.O.C.,and that fancy pants has almost no dialogue, but I hope it's okay. Hope you liked the new chapter!