• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 1,823 Views, 78 Comments

Frosty's AU Adventures, featuring probably everything! - TheBobulator



Somewhere in the universe, there's a copy of you doing something completely different.

  • ...
9
 78
 1,823

Don't we all love prologues?

Author's Note:

This is a sidefic to my other story, Fallout: Equestria- Memories. It takes place in an indeterminate time in an indeterminate place. It is, to note, that Violet appears in a later chapter than has been already published in Memories, so older readers might be the only ones that'll remember her.

Chapter 0: Thus the story begins anew...

“The first thing to realize about parallel universes... is that they are not parallel. It is also important to realize that they are not, strictly speaking, universes either, but it is easiest if you don't try to realize it until a little later, after you've realized that everything you've realized up to that moment is not true.”

Guess who had three hooves and couldn't find breakfast? That's right- me. After I had finished my watch and passed it off to Sparkle, I immediately located Rumcake and nestled myself up next to him to sleep. When I woke up several hours later to get something in my stomach, all my snack cakes were gone. Literally all my food-related edibles were gone as well, which made me aggravated enough to angrily interrogate anypony I encountered.

Rumcake didn't know, but he did offer me a lemon-scented one which I immediately crammed in my face. Too bad it didn't taste anything like lemons. Snack of lies forced down, actual food still remained a priority.

Sparkle claimed she didn't know jack-all. Potential culprit.

Tangerine either feigned innocence or actually didn't know either. My caps were on the latter, since she didn't seem like the type to steal a snack cakes belonging to a crazy robo-pegasus.

Which left one culprit. Violet. The mare herself was bundled up in the corner of the room, reading her spellbook by magelight. She didn’t even look up when I stormed right up to her and gave her a glare that could melt steel.

“Your armor is reflecting my light.” She simply stated in the most deadpan tone.

I jabbed Violet’s horn- something that I knew would annoy her- to get her attention. “Did you steal my food?”

“Ow!” She clutched her horn with her hooves and glared at me. “That wasn’t totally necessary, you do realize that?”

My claw hovered at horn height, ready for another jab. “Answer to the question. I’m hungry and the only thing I’ve eaten today is wax-flavored cake.” If she didn’t have my food, then we had a much more serious problem on our hooves.

Violet adjusted her hood a few times, then decided take it off. “Yes, I took your unhealthy treats in order to get your attention. I’ve been putting the finishing touches on a spell that I researched, and I now I require a test subject.”

“Why didn’t you just ask Tangerine?”

“She’s not as expendable as you are, considering the nature of the spell.”

An annoyed frown appeared on my face. “Well, thanks for your consideration. It’s not like being expendable has happened to be before.” If it were anypony else, I would have been incredibly outraged at being called expendable. But this was Violet, and she had a habit of being callous.

“For your safety, you should find somewhere comfortable to lie down. Perhaps on this disgusting mattress I’ve been avoiding over here.” Violet gestured at aforementioned mattress, which looked like a very happy colony of mold was attempting to create civilization. “I only need to cast the spell, so I will be available to keep you alive in case something happens.”

I decided that the floor was comfortable enough, considering what I had available to me. “And in case I die?”

“Then you’ve served the advancement of magic theory quite amicably.” Violet solemnly nodded. “Are you comfortable?”

“Wait, when did I even agree to this?” I demanded. “I don’t want to die!”

Violet impassively glared at me. “Would it make you feel better if I told you the math?”

“No.”

“There’s less than a two percent chance of physical injury.”

Oh. That wasn’t too bad. “...Can I at least have my food back? I’m still hungry.” I asked, feeling somewhat more less tense.

“Later.” Violet was already doing her magic thing, eyes closed in concentration, light and energy swirling around her horn.

As the beam of shiny purplish light began to wrap around by ears and nose, I suddenly noticed a slight detail from what Violet said. “Hold on, what do you mean by physical injury?” Too bad I didn’t get an answer, since the spell took effect and I face-planted into the floor.