• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 3,288 Views, 70 Comments

The Shadowbolt and the Wonderbolt - WildStallion



A Shadowbolt and a Wonderbolt fall for each other.

  • ...
10
 70
 3,288

Chapter 4: The Day Off

Chapter 4: The Day Off

It has been four days since that day and Soarin is still trying to exert his anger by doing the obstacle course everyday. Each time he does it he makes it harder for him and in the evening his wings are sore all over. But that doesn't stop him. Even Fleetfoot tried to talk him into stopping it. Even Soarin tries to stop but the conversation that Spitfire gave him comes back up and he is out on the obstacle course the next minute.

Soarin is done and breathing heavily and sweating hard after another day on the course. He was about to go again when a hoof lands on his shoulder and when he looks to see who it is and standing there us Fleetfoot.

"Soarin, I know you are a bit angry about what Spitfire said to you but you need to stop."

Soarin was ignoring her but ended up laying on the clouds and when he sighs he says "I think I need a few days off."

Fleetfoot raised an eyebrow at this and nods and says "Yea that is probably what you need. I could easily get you a doctors excuse for you."

Now it's Soarins turn to be confused "What would be the reason though?"

"Well you have been over exerting yourself and I think that's good enough for some rest."

Soarin then laughs at this "Where would I go though?"

"I hear Ponyville is a nice place. Been there a few times myself."

"Sounds nice. Where is this Ponyville?"

"Just about a half hour flight from here towards Canterlot. And it's also right next to a forest."

Soarin then gets up he then says "Sounds good. Does Spitfire have to know about this?"

"Yea, but the good news is she won't know where you went."

"Promise not to tell her Fleet?"

"Promise Soar."

(**)

About an hour later Soarin is flying towards Ponyville after getting a doctors orders to rest after what he did. On his way there he is smiling. Not just him getting a few days off but also he won't have to desk with Spitfire again.

(**)

"Fleetfoot! Do you know where Soarin went?"

Fleetfoot is in the lounge sitting in a chair with Spitfire looking at her with a not to pleased look.

"He's on vacation since he sprained his wings and was about to break them from training to hard." Replied Fleetfoot

"I know that. I was just wondering where he went."

"Sorry. He never told me where he was going. Sorry Captain."

All Spitfire could do now is simply sigh and walk off towards her office. Leaving Fleetfoot smiling behind her book.

(**)

Soarin arrived at the train station and can't believe the sight he is seeing. Everywhere he look the buildings seem it be the same being two stories tall and he could even see many ponies walking around. Some are earth ponies, some other pegasi and some unicorns can be seen. He breathed in a sigh and walked off the platform until "WOAH!"

He quickly look behind him and sees a orange earth pony mare being tackled by a little yellow filly. At the sight of this all he could do is smile and continue walking. He then took in the sights and sees all it is is a small town and everypony seems to be friendly and know each other.

"Have to admit, Fleetfoot is right about this place it seems."

He continues on until he sees a small cafe and he decided to stop by that area to get something to eat for lunch.

After some hours of sightseeing Soarin finds out it's getting close to night time. So he decided to find a motel. After asking a random pony whom gladly told him where one is he finally arrives. After he went in he sees it's a simple motel. Clean and it has some nice plants around.

"May I help you sir?"

Soarin then looks at the counter and he sees a mare behind a desk. He then walks up to it and says "Well I was hoping to get a room here."

"How many nights?"

"Around four days."

"Well that would be forty bits, mister?"

"Ok, I don't think I want to use me real name here. Don't want any fans coming at me. Though I'm surprised nopony recognized me. I might've been lucky." "Gust."

After she written his name down she finally says "Ok Mr. Gust you are room 101."

"Thank you." He then takes the keys and pays her the bits and heads on to find his room.

After he arrived at his room and entered it he sees it's a simple room with a bed at one wall, a kitchen at another and a window with a good view of Ponyville. He then smiles and puts his saddle bag at the foot of the bed and lay down on the bed knowing his vacation is just getting started.

(**)

Earlier that same day in Canterlot

Rainbow is laying in bed with a disgruntled look on her face. She can't believe that Night Fury has to go off to somewhere on something important. Though she is a bit happy that Shade is going with her. She can still remember the face he had when he was told that him and Fury are needed somewhere.

But later on Dash noticed some red roses when she came into her room with a note saying:

To my favorite pony.
Shade

She almost threw up and ended up throwing it out the window. One good thing she can say about her room it's near a cliff edge. So anything Shade gives her she just throws it out the window.

"Agh! So bored." She exclaimed

She then rolls on her back and looks up at the ceiling trying to think what to do. Though at some points she can't help but think of a certain stallion. After an hour of thinking she finally gets up and heads off towards the Captains office.

As soon as she arrives she sees the captain just leaving his office.

"Hey captain, I was wondering if I could use my off days?"

The captain gives her a strange look before saying "Whys that?"

"Well I just thought that it's time I used them, sir."

The captain thinks at first and Dash thinks he might say no until "Alright. I'll give you four days vacation time."

She then says while smiling "Thank you sir!"

In ten seconds she arrived in her room, packed some stuff until she thinks where to go. She then remembers that Fury said that a good place to rest is Ponyville. So at first she dyes her mane and tail into a more navy blue color just so that nopony will recognize her since she is just there for rest. She just gotten done and is heading out after telling the captain where she is going since he seems to want to know where everypony is.

(**)

After some good flying she arrives at Ponyville and she can't help but smile. Since this is the first time she's out of Canterlot, minus the times she was on tour. She was flying around and admiring the view and she then lands on a cloud and just lays on it.

She finally wakes up shivering a bit and decided to find a hotel. After looking around she finds one and goes in and walks up to the desk saying "Hello, I'm Rain and I was wondering if I can get a room here for four days?"

The mare looks up and jots down her name and hoofs her a key. "That would be forty bits and your room is 80."

Dash then pays her the bits and heads straight towards room and when she walks in she throws her saddle fish and jumps on the bed smiling. "This is going to be the best four days ever!"