• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 3,287 Views, 70 Comments

The Shadowbolt and the Wonderbolt - WildStallion



A Shadowbolt and a Wonderbolt fall for each other.

  • ...
10
 70
 3,287

Chapter 5: Reunion

Chapter 5: Reunion

Soarin woke up to Celestias sun beating onto his face and when he opened his eyes he quickly shut them and puts a hoof over his eyes and rolls over. But Unknown to him is that he rolled nest the edge in his sleep and "THUMP!" And he crashed onto the floor.

"Ouch! Now that hurt."

He then gets up off the floor and walks into the shower and turns the knobs to get warm water. When he steps in he at first lets the water soak his body and he even spreads his wings out a bit and after a while he washes his mane and tail with some shampoo. After about twenty minutes he then gets out and dries himself off and he took a quick peek outside and sees it's a nice sunny day outside.

"Good day for a small flight I say."

Soarin then brushes his mane and walks out and heads towards the stairs. He is walking down them and when he arrived at the bottom he heads towards the enterence when he bumps into a cyan mare. "Sorry miss."

"That's fine." Replied the mare

Afterwards Soarin walks out and the mare walks in and Soarin stopped and took a quick look to see the mare again. But she is gone and Soarin just shrugged his shoulders and took off and flew around Ponyville.

(**)

Rainbow Dash just entered her room thinking about the stallion she bumped into and wonders who he is? And why did he look familiar? She then shrugged her shoulders and looked through her bag until she finds some dye for her mane and tail. She then went into the bathroom and checks on them to see they don't need any work.

"Well so far so good."

She then puts it back into her bag and heads on out and thinks about heading to that one bakery that she saw while coming into the town yesterday.

She then exits the motel and heads in the direction of the place she learned is called SugerCube Corner.

(**)

When she arrived her first impression of the place is that it looks like a giant gingerbread house. "Impressive place." She said to herself as she is walking inside. Once she went in she noticed on one side is some tables and straight on ahead is a blue stallion with a white and blue mane. When she walks up the stallion says "Hello and welcome! I'm Pokey Pierce and what can I get you?"

Dash then glances over the food and says pointing to some cupcakes. "I'll have some of those strawberry cupcakes please."

"Sure thing miss."

The stallion then pulled out two of the cupcakes and a napkin and when he puts them on the counter he then says "That will be six bits please."

Dash then pulled out six bits and placed them on the counter and took the cupcakes and napkins and went on towards a table that's in a small corner near a window.

(**)

A few minutes later Soarin then walks into SugarCube Corner a cleaned up and his mane combed down. He walks up to the counter and says "Is there some apple pie here?"

"Yes sir. Finest apple pie around these parts. And the apples are from Sweet Apple Acres."

Soarin smiled "Great. Can I get a piece of it?"

The stallion then bends down and pulls out a piece of the apple pie while saying "That will be five bits sir."

"Thank you."

Soarin then takes it and walks around and sees that only one table has an open seat. And a cyan mare is sitting at it with a book and eating some cupcakes. He shrugged his shoulders and walks up to her and places the pie down and says "Excuse me, may I sit here?"

The mare then looks up at him and for a second there was silence until "Sure. You can sit here."

"Thank you."

After Soarin sat down the mare went back to reading and Soarin then drugs into his pie. For the next few minutes both of them sat there minding their own business. Though Soarin keeps on glancing at the mare wondering why she looks familiar. Though unknown to him the same mare steals a few glances at him from behind the book.

"So what's your name?" Said Soarin

The mare almost jumped at the question but catches herself replying "Rain."

"Well Rain I'm Gust." Replied Soarin 'Gust'

"Nice to meet you Gust."

So then both 'Gust' and 'Rain' sat at the table eating and making small talk. After an hour 'Rain' then starts to get up saying "Well it was nice talking to you Gust."

Soarin then gets up and replied "Same here." When Rain starts to walk out Soarin the walked up to her "Do you mind if I walk you back?"

'Rain' gives him a strange look but then says "Guess I won't mind."

Both of them then exited the building and starts to head in the direction that Soarin seems to recognize. Though he assumed that she lives nearby until they came on the same motel that he is in. "Huh, who would've thought we live close to each other."

"Yea who would've thought." Replied Rain.

Soarin then went forward and holds the door for her and followed her in when she walks up to the front desk and he is right behind her. When he is standing there he can't help but notice her cutie mark is familiar. "That's strange. She has the same cutie mark as, Rainbow Dash. Wonder if, no it's maybe just a coincidence. There are many pegasi mares with Rain in there name. But still, a Pegasus with the name Rain and a familiar cutie mark? Wonder if..."

Soarin then cleared his throat and says "Rainbow Dash?"

To his surprise she turned around to say "Yes?" But what came more of a surprise was when she then went wide eyed and bit her bottom lip and ran up the stairs. Soarin then shook his head and ran after her.

After some running and flying up the stairs Soarin then catches up to her in the hallway outside her room. He then slowed down saying "Dash, is it you?"

"Who are you? And how do you know me?"

"Dash it's me Soarin. You know your friend since flight academy."

Dash then took a closer look at him until realization dawned on her. "S-Soarin?!"

Dash then walks up to Soarin and takes a much closer look at him when a smile comes on her face and says excitedly "Soarin! I can't believe it's you!" She then jumped at him and started to hug him and all Soarin could do is smile and hug her back. Soarin was about to say something when starts he hears something. "Wait! Is Dash, crying? I never known her to cry."

Soarin then pulls his head back and says "Dash what's wrong?"

Dash wiped her eyes with a hoof she said "It's that, it's been four years Soarin since we saw each other."

"Yea it has been four years." Replied Soarin

Dash then starts to bite her lips and backs off which makes Soarin feel concerned. "Dash, what is it?"

"Nothing." She replied

She then looks away and was about to head in until Soarin puts a hoof on her shoulder and says "Hey Dash, how about I come in. We can at least tell each other what we've been up to."

He then noticed she was smiling and says "Sure Soarin."

(**)

Ten minutes later Soarin and Dash were in her room talking and laughing about the old days. Soarin also signed out of his room and signed up into Dash's or 'Rains' room under his name of Gust. Soarin even ordered some drinks of cider for him and Dash and both of them are drinking it in mugs and sitting on a couch.

"Really!" Exclaimed Dash "Fleetfoot did that!?"

"Yea. Her and High Winds were racing and whoever win has to kiss Lightning Streak."

Both of them laughed at this and Dash wipes a tear drop from her eyes from laughing to much.

"You are lucky you have some good teammates. All my team is made up of soulless ponies. Though one BatPony is good. Her name is Night Fury."

"At least you have one friend. One member on my team is bit of a bossy pony." He said hanging his head.

Dash after hearing this rubs a leg with a hoof and says "Well, I have something not good either. Like a stalker follows me around and my teammates seem not to believe me. Though my friend does."

Soarin was a bit shocked after hearing this and wraps a wing around her. "Look I'm sure whoever this stallion is if he wants you he has to go through me first."

"Really Soarin?" She said while looking up at him

"Really Dashie."

Dash then looks into his eyes and Soarin looks into hers and there was silence. Until Dash then cuddles up to him and Soarin smiles and pets her head with a hoof and wraps both of his wings around her. "I'll protect you Dash, from this stalker, my team, your team and anypony that doesn't want us together. That's a promise I'm going to keep."