• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 3,284 Views, 70 Comments

The Shadowbolt and the Wonderbolt - WildStallion



A Shadowbolt and a Wonderbolt fall for each other.

  • ...
10
 70
 3,284

Chapter 1: ShowTime

Chapter 1: ShowTime

Soarin is flying through Cloudsdale hurrying towards the stadium where the tryouts are being held for new recruits. Not only that his Friend Rainbow Dash is coming and he promised to meet her there before it starts. But he slept in and he is already hitting himself for it.

"Shoot! I promised Dash I'll be meeting her at the stadium and now she'll kill me for it!"

As soon as he arrived he sees a familiar rainbow colored mane pony at the entrance and he even sees her back is turned and he at first breaths a sigh of relief until "You're late Soarin."

"I'm dead now." He thought

At first he thought that she was going to hit him until she turns around and nudges him in the shoulder and says "Come on Soar, it's only five minutes till it starts we better get going."

"Whew, thanks Dash."

"No problem."

"Well glad I survived that."

So then both of them then entered the stadium talking and laughing along the way about how both of them are going to be the best Wonderbolt duo in Equestria. Though whom is going to be captain is something they just seem to never agree on.

"Come on Dash, you know I'll be the better captain." Said Soarin

"No way Soarin! I'll be the best captain then you." Replied Rainbow

"No me!"

"No I am."

And this went on until they stopped and looked at the end of the tunnel and they see two Pegasus at the end of the tunnel. One is wearing a blue suit with some gold lighting bolt trimmings on the hooves. While the other is in a black suit with a purple underbelly with a gold border separating the two colors. Though Dash and Soarin just seem to met them they can sense a tension in the air that seem to be a bit of hostility between these two.

"Hey Dash, what do you think is going on?" Whispered Soarin

"Don't know." Replied Dash

Before they could say anything else the one in the black and purple suit walks off and passes by the two and Dash felt a chil go down her spine when the unknown stallion seemed to look at her.

"Burr, is it cold?" Said Dash shivering

"Nope. Must be your imagination." Said Soarin. Though in his mind he noticed the look that stallion gave Dash. At first he thought it was nothing but now he thinks that he us sizing him and Dash up. "Come on Dash, let's get going."

Dash then nodded her head and both of them went towards the lockers. And Soarin can't help but look back and see the other stallion looking at them also.

(**)

Soarin is just finishing stretching and waiting for an hour and during that time other stallions and mares start pouring in and are preparing themselves for the tryouts. He could also see Rainbow on the other side of the room and he couldn't help but look at her fine body and wings.

"Dang Soarin! Don't look at her like that!"
"But you do like her don't you?"
"Well, maybe. I knew her since we met in flight school."
"Then make your move soon."
"Maybe after the show. Or after some time we are in the Wonderbolts."

Then over the speakers the announcer comes on with the opening ceremony. "Welcome ponies to the thousandth year of tradition that's been held for recruiting future Shadowbolts and Wonderbolts!"

This was then followed by cheering that can be heard in the background. "Well then let us start with the ceremony ponies!"

Then music is heard and one by one the ponies are called out in order by name starting with the A's and so on and so forth.

After about ten twenty minutes Dash is up and after she goes out Soarin later could tell she did well by all the cheering and she did her Sonic Rainboom at the end. Later his name was called and he goes out and at first he was nervous by all the ponies and he even wonders why this many ponies has to be here for a simple recruitment drive for two teams? But he then shakes his head and breathes in deeply.

He then takes off and at first performs some fast dives and pull ups and did dome basic flips. He then does something that us impressive when he takes one wing and puts it into a cloud and did what appears to be sculpting a sun out of clouds.

After he is done cheering can be heard and he then heads off towards the lockers to rest up. And he can't help but smile at his performence.

(**)

After it's all done Soarin started to look for Rainbow when he finally spots her outside the lockers. Soarin was just about to open hugs mouth to say hi when he spots a familiar black and purple uniformed pony in front of Dash. Though Soarin is not near to over hear them he could see that Dash has what appears to be a look of disappointment on her face and her wings are hanging at her sides.

After he was done and left Soarin then came up it Dash and says with a hint of concern "Hey Dash, what just happened?"

Dash though quickly rubs her eyes with a hoof to wiped any tears that are there and says "Nothing Soarin."

"That didn't looked like nothing. Come on Dash tell me? I'm sure whatever it is I can handle it."

Dash then sighs and looks at Soarin in the eyes and stutters "W-well it's that, I was accepted in the Shadowbolts."

Soarin stood there in shocked and was about to say something when a blue uniformed stallion came up to him and says "Soarin impressive work. That was some amazing flying out there."

"Thanks sir."

"No need for that just call me Fire Cracker."

"Ok." Said Soarin nervously

"Good. Now I came here wondering if you want to join the Wonderbolts?"

Soarin can not believe his ears! His dream is coming true. But he then remembered that Dash isn't going to be with him. When he turns to her she has on a smile saying "Go on Soarin. You can fly for the both of us."

"But-"

Shen then sticks a hoof on his lips and shakes her head "No buts. Just go for it. I know you can."

Before he could say anything Dash then walked off and Soarin at first was to turn Cracker down. But then he knows that Dash wouldn't like that. So with a heavy sigh he turns towards him and says "Sure, I'll join the Wonderbolts."

Though deep down he knows that he may never see Dash again for a long time.