• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 3,284 Views, 70 Comments

The Shadowbolt and the Wonderbolt - WildStallion



A Shadowbolt and a Wonderbolt fall for each other.

  • ...
10
 70
 3,284

Chapter 3: The Shadowbolt

Chapter 3: The Shadowbolt

Meanwhile over in Canterlot, the Shadowbolts HQ is a different set up then the Wonderbolts. Instead a stone wall surrounds it and the track is set up just outside of Canterlot and the team has their own quarters also. Though the teams lounge is just a few tables and chairs with not much else. Rainbow finds herself at one such table reading a book. Though before she would never read but instead she has gotten into the Daring Do series whom her friend has shown her and gotten her into.

She was just finishing a chapter and is about to close the book when she sees a fellow teammate whom is a bat pony mare, the first on the team, come up and says "Hey Dash, want to go shopping?"

Dash then smiles and remembers how she met Night Fury. She was just a few months in and the tension is heavy everywhere she goes and was about to lose her mind according to her until a dark purple and blue mane and tail helped her to keep sane. She even became her friend right then. Though her name is Night Fury, she is in fact the opposite of the team. Almost like she can bring a smile to anywhere she goes.

"Sure thing Fury. Let's go."

So then both Dash and Fury walk out of the HQ building and heads towards the shopping district. This is something they do that Fury calls a Mares Day Out, which they do once a week and since both of them are the only mares on the team and it's the only chance they get to get out of the place before they lose their minds.

When they arrive after losing some crazy stallions whom want to do some unmentionables to the two mares. Though there were some moments when young fillies and colts ask for an autographs from them which they don't mind doing.

(**)

After two hours of shopping they stop at a cafe and were telling jokes. "So then I tried to pull a prank on Orpheus and guess what happened?" Exclaimed Fury

"No what happened since this happened before I came on the team?" Said Dash excitedly

"Well he then steps on the banana peel and trips onto a mattress and slides down the steps!"

Both of them then laugh at this and Dash wipes away some tears from the laughing until she sees Fury with a blank face. "What is it Fury?"

"Well, seems like we have a tail."

Dash then takes a quick peek behind her and she can't believe whom is there.

One thing Dash hates about the team is a certain stallion that seems to follow her almost everywhere. When she reports it no one believes her. Even the stallion denies it. The black maned stallion and grey coat name is she learned is Shade. The Co-Captain of the team. She even thinks he is stalking her and even if others don't believe her her friend Fury does and she tries her best to be there for Dash when he is around.

Dash even tried to get herself traded to the Wonderbolts but it needs to be approved by the Captain. And he is the type that doesn't want to lose something good. Though she even says that she will join a smaller pegasi team that are forming and are trying to be as good as the Wonderbolts and Shadowbolts. But the Captain still says no. So now she has to live with a stalker named Shade.

She then grumbles and puts a hoof on her forehead and says "What's with him? Why is he interested in me?"

Fury then puts a hoof to her chin and says "Don't know. Did you at least tell him that you weren't interested?"

"Yea. But he's a persistent one."

Fury then thinks for a moment and then a sort of lightbulb moment happens "Hey Dash, how about we lose him in the rush hour crowd."

"Sounds good Fury."

So then both of them ran off after paying for their meal and Shade tries to follow them but as they enter a crowd and Dash gets a hat to hide her mane he then lost her and gets a disgruntled look.

Dash and Fury then walk out the store and laugh and took flight. While Dash is recovering she then sees a poster with the Wonderbolts and she flew up to it because on one side at a corner is a stallion she knows well. When Fury noticed this she came up beside her and looks at the poster and her and developed a smile saying "Don't tell me, you have a crush on a certain Wonderbolt?"

Dash then came out of it saying "What? Huh? Well so what."

"Come on Dash, you know you can trust me."

"Well alright but don't tell anypony about this."

"Sure thing Dash."

Dash then looks around her to see if anyone is around and then says "Well alright, he is a Wonderbolt. But the thing is he might've forgotten me."

"Come on Dash, I'm sure he will still remember you."

"It's been four years since that ceremony and neither one of us checked up on each other."

Fury then pats Dash's shoulder "Don't worry. From the sound of it you two knew each other since you were young?"

"Yea."

"Well then I wouldn't be surprised if one day you two do meet each other."

Both Dash and Fury laugh at Fury's statement and flew off towards the HQ.

"Wonder if Soarin still thinks of me?"