• Published 25th May 2014
  • 3,020 Views, 77 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 1 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



Equestria has faced many challenges and enemies in the past. But, the one thing they did not anticipate this unkillable horror. Can the mane six overcome this threat to Equestrian life, or will they fall to the endless supply of death?!

  • ...
11
 77
 3,020

S1E06: Feels on the Field

Author's Note:

The survivors face harsh reality as they scavenge the remains of Ponyville in hope for supplies and the opportunity to bury their loved ones in peace.

Applejack threw a satchel on her back. "Alright then. Is that everypony?" She asked, looking around.

Twilight pulled out a list. "Applejack. Time Turner. Snowflake. Joe. Thunderlane. And..." She looked at the stallion, who was holding a shotgun in one hoof.

The stallion looked back at her. "Present." He called, looking back at his shotgun.

"That's everypony." Twilight said, putting away the checklist and smiling. "Time for you guys to move out!"

"Hold up!" Spitfire pushed through the crowd and walked stubbornly towards the group. "I'm going too!"

"You can't!" Nurse Redheart exclaimed. "You're injured!"

Spitfire held out her broken wing. "Does it look like I care?" She growled. "I've got dead to bury. I'm going whether it kills me or not." She turned and took a hoofgun from a table that was loaded with guns.

Twilight couldn't help but notice the glances that Spitfire and the stallion exchanged. Spitfire nodded at the stallion, and he looked back down.

Applejack smiled. "Well, that's everypony, plus one." She said. "Ready to move?"

Murmurs of agreement rippled among the group, and Applejack led them out of the safety of the barn, and into the ruins of former Ponyville.

Their goal: to gather supplies remaining from the initial outbreak, and to gather bodies of loved ones for a proper burial.

Intro

The ringing sound of a shotgun rang out, and the severed head of a zombie rolled to Applejack's feet. "Watch your back, cowgirl." The stallion said with a slice of humor. He cocked the shotgun, letting the empty shell fly out and hit the floor, before slinging it onto his back once again.

Applejack scowled. "Nice shot." She complimented, turning her head and continuing forward.

The group has been traveling for about five minutes, they have found nothing useful except a few canned foods and a couple of guns. Snowflake pulled the cart with ease.

Spitfire stayed awfully close to the mysterious stallion. Spitfire even once approached and talked to him.

"How you holding up?" She asked him.

"I'm doing fine." He would answer.

"That's great to hear." She said. She waited for a reply, but never got one, so she didn't ask.

"First stop is the boutique." Applejack called to the group.

Applebloom trotted up to Scootaloo. "Scootaloo!" She squeaked.

Scootaloo turned around. A bandage wrapped around her forehead. "Applebloom!" She exclaimed happily. Applebloom hugged her, then looked around.

"Where's Sweetie Belle?" She asked, lowering her ears.

Scootaloo shrugged. "I don't know." She said. "I was hoping she was with you."

"Ah hope she's alright." Applebloom mumbled to herself.

Applejack slowly opened the door to the boutique. "Why can't we just fly up to the window?" Thunderlane asked.

"The flyers will see you!" Spitfire hissed. "Idiot!" Thunderlane ducked his head in shame, and Spitfire continued on inside the boutique behind Applejack and the stallion.

"Rarity and Spike are here somewhere." Applejack said. "Look around," she ordered. "It shouldn't take long. If they come at ya'll, blast 'em." She added with a growl.

The stallion slipped upstairs during her little command, and was at the top by the time she finished. He opened door after door, peeking into the rooms until he found it. "Found them!" He called.

Rarity's corpse was terrible. Almost half her body was ripped open. Bones, muscles, everything could be seen. Even her eye stuck out of the skull. Spike was even worse. He was everywhere. It seemed that he tried to fight off the attackers, but ended up losing more than his life in the process. It would take hours to completely gather Spike's remains and take them to the wagon.

As soon as Applejack poked her head in, she thought the same thing. "We got some work ahead of us."

Pinkie had been silent for almost two hours now. Twilight began to worry for the Earth pony. She usually was very hyperactive. When Twilight approached her, she noticed nothing but a lying smile that said she was hiding something. But what? Twilight thought.

She feared that her friend may have figured out what was really happening, and she feared of what would happen next.

By the time the scavenge team gathered the remains, they were either sick or tired. However, there was not going home. There still was two more stops before they could go. Sugar Cube Corner would provide great amounts of sweets to comfort and feed the survivors back at Sweet Apple Acres, and Fluttershy's Cottage would have to serve as a sign for the survivors.

A sign to fight back.

As the group approached Sugar Cube Corner, the place proved to be the opposite of what was expected. Treats were either stolen or rotten. Ponies searched forever, but found nothing to the means of food and survival.

Giving up, Applejack called out her order. "Gather the Cakes, and let's move on!" Quickly, the stallions picked up the bodies of the Cakes and placed them in the cart.

The stallion trotted upstairs and into Pinkie's room. Spitfire took notice and followed him. When he was distracted by the sight of the room, Spitfire spoke. "What are you doing in here?" She asked, tilting her head and glaring.

The stallion glanced back at her. "I'm making sure that everypony is happy." He said. "That includes Pinkamena, does it not?"

Spitfire nodded. "Of course it does, now what are you really doing?" She asked him.

"I'm taking everything I need." He answered, gathering some interesting toys and trinkets.

"You're stealing from another pony?" She asked angrily.

"No, I'm borrowing from an insane pony." He said, shooting her a side glare. "There's a difference, you know."

Spitfire rolled her eyes. "You do not have a sense of respect for this mare, do you?" She asked the stallion.

"Spitfire," He began, looking at her. "You know I wouldn't do such a thing if I didn't need to." He turned and started looking around once more.

Spitfire stood, dumbfounded. "You mean that you-"

"Yes." The stallion said, cutting her off. Feeling unsatisfied yet confused, Spitfire shut her mouth and went back downstairs casually, as to not draw attention to herself.

A few minutes later, the stallion walked out of the room. His bag was noticeably larger, but nopony took notice.

"Pinkie?" Twilight called. "Pinkie Pie?!"

She trotted into the calm atmosphere of the apple orchard that made up the most of Sweet Apple Acres. This is where the survivors got their main source of food, picking apples everyday. It would get repetitive and sickening, but there was not much more for them to have anyways. Every once in a while, the Apple family would make treats like apple pie or apple fritters.

Twilight turned the corner and gasped. "Pinkie?!"

Pinkie looked up at her friend with an evil eye. "Hey, Twilight..."

"Fluttershy." The stallion mumbled under his breath. Applejack turned her head and looked at him, puzzled. The group approached Fluttershy's cottage. So far, there has been no casualties, and very few attacks. It seemed that the zombies were starting to clear out of Ponyville for more food.

"Okay, who are y'all?" Applejack asked, staring at the stallion. "Y'all seem to know an awful lot about Fluttershy and Spitfire, what's ya deal?"

The stallion paused and looked at her. "I'm a friend, cowgirl." He said.

"Ah wanna know ya name, city colt!" She said, getting in his face.

"Y'all think I would tell y'all?" He said, mimicking her accent. Applejack scowled and grabbed him by the collar. "Listen here!"

Spitfire grabbed both of them and clashed their heads together hard. "Cut it out!" She shouted. The duo both collapsed to the floor, holding their heads. "You two act like children!"

"Y'all know this city colt?" Applejack asked Spitfire. "Tell me who he is, or Ah'll force it out of 'em!"

"He's a pony, just like you!" Spitfire hissed. "He's surviving, just like you. There's no need for a name!"

"Ah don't trust nopony that knows my friends, and ain't got the guts to tell me their names!" Applejack spat back.

"It's Secret." Spitfire and Applejack both turned their attention to the stallion. He looked back and his eyes seemed to glow a dark red and light green color. The two stared, dumbfounded.

"Now, can we please get the body?" He asked, trotting up to the front door of the cottage. The two mares quickly followed behind him.

As soon as he opened the door, a foul stench emitted from the cabin. Thunderlane covered his muzzle. "For Celestia's sake, it smells like rotten flesh!" He cried.

Secret's eyes rested on the hanging corpse of Fluttershy. As expected, there were holes ripped in her body and flesh missing. "It is." Secret called to the pegasus. He slowly trotted in. "Spitfire, get in here and help me get her off the noose."

Spitfire nodded, and flew up to the point where the noose hung from the ceiling. She carefully untied it, and as soon as the knot was loose, she dropped it. Secret quickly caught Fluttershy's corpse.

Secret stared at Fluttershy's face, and he was suddenly still. It took a while, but the others realized that he was crying. He pulled the pegasus close and hugged her body. Applejack frowned as she watched. She removed her hat and placed it over her heart. Spitfire trotted over to Secret and patted his back.

Everything fell silent, but not for long.

Thunderlane screamed from outside. The trio snapped back into reality, and rushed outside. Secret carried Fluttershy on his back.

Thunderlane's leg was being eaten by a zombie. Applejack quickly pulled out her shotgun and shot at the zombie. It's body flew off of Thunderlane, ripping his leg off in the process. Thunderlane screamed in pain.

The group stared. They all knew what had happened. They lost another survivor.

Thunderlane stared back at the group. "End it." He said, lying down and relaxing.

"What?!" A pony cried. "We can't kill him!"

"Are you sure?" Applejack asked.

Thunderlane nodded, tears soaking his face. "I-I don't want to turn..." He told her.

Spitfire trotted up to Thunderlane. "You've been a good soldier." She said, cocking her hoofgun. "Anything else you'd like to say?"

"Yeah." Thunderlane murmured. "I'd like to say, it's been fun." He raised his right hoof to his brow, saluting. Spitfire closed her eyes and fired one shot dead into the forehead of the pegasus.

Secret sighed. "We can't afford any more loss." He told the group. "We got what we wanted, let's head back to the farm."