• Published 25th May 2014
  • 3,030 Views, 77 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 1 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



Equestria has faced many challenges and enemies in the past. But, the one thing they did not anticipate this unkillable horror. Can the mane six overcome this threat to Equestrian life, or will they fall to the endless supply of death?!

  • ...
11
 77
 3,030

S1E15: War At The Walls, Pt. 1

Author's Note:

The survivors arrive at Canterlot, but are left to fend for themselves when the Canterlot gates refuse to open for them.

The gates were right in front of them. Every square inch of steel was admired. This is what they have spent weeks for. This was the sight that everypony in the caravan dreamed of.

Twilight approached the gate. A guard stood on the other side. "State your business." He told the alicorn.

"Twilight Sparkle. These are the survivors of Ponyville. We have come here to seek refuge." She said in the most formal way she could.

"You must wait for the Captain to give the order." He said.

Twilight glared. "Hey! The captain is my brother!" She said. "I'm Twilight Sparkle! Student of Celestia! A princess!" She said.

The guard looked at her. "Oh, I'm sorry!" He said. "I did not recognize you! We will get the gate up in just a moment." He turned to the tower and saluted. "Raise the gate!" He shouted. Twilight smiled and waited for the gate to open.

Intro

After an hour, Twilight approached the gate and asked why they were taking so long. "The gate won't move." The guard answered. "We have to repair it. It may take a while."

Twilight sighed. "Please hurry. We have hungry and tired ponies who have spent five weeks getting here."

The guard nodded, and went back to working on the gate. Twilight turned around, only to come face to face with Rainbow.

"What's taking them?" The pegasus asked, tilting her head.

Twilight sighed. "They gate is broken. They have to fix it." She told her.

"Are you kidding me?" Rainbow groaned. "What are we going to do while we wait?"

Twilight shrugged. "Some distractions. I'm going to go read a book." She trotted off to a cart and pulled out a book.

Applejack slept in the back of a cart, tired as ever. Rainbow poked her with a stick, bored. Applejack opened one of her eyes. "Rainbow, cut that out!" She complained, grabbing the stick and throwing it at her. Rainbow jumped off the side of the cart, laughing. Applejack shook her hoof at the pegasus before lying back in the cart and pulling her hat back over her face to sleep.

Secret sat in the other cart, listening to Twilight reading him a book. He has loved how much the ponies have helped him out with everyday things ever since he's gone blind. It was hard to do something that does not involve touch, smell, or hearing. Reading and watching were two things that he needed help with.

Twilight on the other hand, felt in debt to the stallion. He's done brave things, and he's helped her decide things. He was a great adviser, and every good leader needed one.

The duo have gotten close over the trip, and they have proven to work great together.

Spitfire and Soarin' talked about what they have done since then. They wonder if they should have gone to Ponyville in the first place, or they should have stayed in Cloudsdale that day. What would have changed? Surely, Cloudsdale was doomed. The flyers were a deadly force, and they would have infested Cloudsdale very quickly.

Scootaloo and Applebloom played their little games as they ran around the caravan. They pretended like they took no mind of the deaths of the ponies, including their best friend, Sweetie Belle. The fillies were masters at acting naive. It helped them get things off their minds.

Snowflake wondered off, distracted by a butterfly. He followed it away from the gate and along the path. When he was out of sight of the caravan, he stopped and looked around. He was about to head back, but he something touched his back. He looked behind him, and screamed.

Hearing the scream, Applejack poked her head up. "What in tarnations?" She asked, fixing her hat on her head. The rest of the caravan poked their heads up and looked in that direction. The masculine scream had come and gone so quickly. Secret slowly reached for his shotgun and stood up.

Suddenly, out of the corner, a zombie stumbled out. Ponies stared, until Applejack took out her rifle and shot it in the head. It stumbled backwards and landed on the ground, dead. There was a long silence.

After that, the rest of the herd showed up.

Zombies littered the pathway, heading straight for the caravan.

"Open fire!" Twilight shouted at the top of her lungs. Quickly, the caravan pulled out their guns and fired at the herd.

Applejack took a high point in one of the carts and fired rounds of sniper rounds into the herd, dropping off zombies. Spitfire and Rainbow shot at the zombies from the front lines with their hoofguns. Twilight fired magic blast after magic blast at the herd, tearing it up. Despite the continued effort, the herd kept coming.

Princess Celestia stood at her throne, reading reports from other cities. She was glad to hear that some of the major cities of Equestria were still intact.

One of the royal guard approached the throne room, galloping like their was no tomorrow. She stopped in front of the throne. "There's an emergency, your highness!" She said, bowing.

Celestia looked up for her letters to the guard. "What is it?"

He looked back at her. "A caravan from Ponyville. They're outside the gate. They're being attacked by a herd of undead!"

Celestia's eyes widened. Twilight! She thought. "Open the gate!" She ordered.

"We can't!" The guard told her. "It's stuck!

Celestia was even more shocked, and she thought. After a quick processing, she finally gave an order. "Blow the gate." She ordered.

"But the zombies will get inside!" The guard protested.

"I said blow the gate!" She ordered once more, angrily. The guard nodded and headed back to the gate.

Dead bodies pilled up the front line as the caravan was pushed back to the gate. They could not hold them off any longer.

The guard piled up at the gate. They quickly began to line the gate with explosives. "We're going to blow the gate!" One of the guards told Twilight. "After that, everypony must gallop inside as quickly as possible! We will hold off the zombies!"

Twilight nodded, and relayed the plan to the caravan. They held off the zombies for another minute, and then the guard called for them to stand clear.

Everypony watched as the gate was blown to pieces, and a giant, gaping hole was left in the walls of Canterlot.