• Published 25th May 2014
  • 3,019 Views, 77 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 1 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



Equestria has faced many challenges and enemies in the past. But, the one thing they did not anticipate this unkillable horror. Can the mane six overcome this threat to Equestrian life, or will they fall to the endless supply of death?!

  • ...
11
 77
 3,019

S1E01: Just A Regular Day, Pt. 1

Author's Note:

A mysterious package arrives at Twilight's library, with an anonymous letter that sparks her curiosity...

Twilight was sitting in her library, reading a book. She turned the page, interested in the information contained inside. Spike hurried up the steps, holding a letter. "Twilight! A letter just came for you!" he called to her.

Twilight looked up from her book. "From the Princess?" she asked. Spike shook his head, and she tilted her head in confusion. "Let me see that," she said as Spike handed her the letter. She opened it and read it. "When one is in trouble, use this item to solve whatever sadness may become of them. Signed, Anonymous." She lowered the letter and looked at Spike. He shrugged. "Who in Equestria sent this?"

Intro

"Spike!" Twilight called to her dragon companion. "I need you to write a letter to the princess immediately! she told him. Spike nodded and pulled out a pen and scroll. Twilight began to speak as he wrote down what she said. "Dear Princess Celestia, I have recently received a letter from-" She was cut off by a high-pitched scream that came from outside.

"What is going on out there?" she wondered aloud as she trotted up to the window and looked outside. She looked outside and saw Sweetie Belle galloping and screaming. Behind her were Scootaloo and Applebloom who were also screaming and laughing. Twilight sighed. "Just little fillies having fun." She mumbled. She turned back to Spike. "Okay, so where was I?" She asked.

"You have recently received a letter from..." Spike told her.

"From an anonymous source."

Spike nodded and wrote it down. "Got it!"

Twilight raised her head to speak again. "Anonymous source. The letter commands me to-" She was cut off by some yelling coming from outside. "What is going on now?!" She complained, going over to the window. She saw Rarity trying to corral the playing fillies.

"Come here now!" Rarity called chasing after the fillies. "Sit still! Stop playing around! Ugh, where is Fluttershy when you need her? FILLIES!"

Twilight sighed and turned back to Spike once more. "I need soundproof walls." She said, flattening her ears. "I can't get any peace and quiet here."

Spike shrugged and went back to the letter. Twilight recapped in her head before continuing. "To use the item when one is upset and to use it on the source of the sadness. This spell seems useful, but I would like to-" She was once again cut off from somepony knocking at her door.

Twilight let out a small growl of rage before storming off towards the door. She swung it open to see AJ standing there before her. "Howdy there, Twilight!" She said in her unmistakable country accent.

"Hello there, Applejack." Twilight said, smiling warmly even though she was getting tired of the interruptions. "Is there something you need?"

"Ah was wondering if you could help me with applebucking season!" She told her, smiling widely, hoping if she will say yes.

Twilight thought about it for a while, then nodded. "Right after I send this letter to the princess."

"A'right." AJ said. "Ah'll be waiting on ya."

Twilight went back upstairs to finish her letter. Spike was relaxing in his bed. "Spike! Get up!" She called. "I need to finish my letter to the princess, and then I will go down to Sweet Apple Acres to help Applejack with applebucking season." She told the baby dragon as he got up and grabbed the letter.

Twilight cleared her throat and recapped once again. "I would like to know who sent this letter to me before trying this item. Signed, your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle."

Spike finished writing the last sentence. "Twilight. Sparkle! There we go!" He walked over to the window and opened it. He rolled up the letter and blew fire onto it, turning it into a sparkling dust that floated into the air and towards Canterlot.

Twilight left the library with Applejack as they trotted through Ponyville to Sweet Apple Acres.

"Thanks for helping me with this." Applejack said to Twilight happily.

"It's nothing." Twilight said. "Anything to help out a friend." She looked around at the town. It was pretty quiet and peaceful. The sun was shining bright. Rain wasn't scheduled today, for Twilight's sake. But Twilight wasn't focused too much on the scenery. She was too worried about the letter that was sent to her. But from who? She wondered.

AJ turned her gaze to her friend. "Ya a'right there, sugar cube?" She asked.

Twilight turned to AJ. "Yes, I am alright." She assured her. "I'm just...confused about...this letter than came for me this morning."

"Who from?" AJ asked curiously.

"I don't know." Twilight answered her. "It was signed Anonymous. Anypony could have signed it."

"Is that what you were writing the letter to the Princess about?"

Twilight nodded. "I was wondering if she knew who wrote it."

Applejack stopped when they reached Sweet Apple Acres. "Well, can ya tell me what it said?" She asked.

Twilight began to recap what the letter said. "When one is in trouble, use this spell to solve whatever sadness may become of them." She told AJ.

"That sounds more like a miracle than something to worry about, Twilight." AJ told her friend. "Ah think ya overreacting."

"I'm not overreacting, Applejack." Twilight said with a rather disgusted look. "I'm being cautious."

AJ turned back to Sweet Apple Acres. "Them trees ain't gonna buck themselves."

Twilight nodded. "You're right, AJ." She told her. "I can worry about that letter later."

Later that afternoon, Twilight left AJ's farm after finishing their applebucking, and headed back to the library to see if Spike received the letter from Princess Celestia.

She was cut off a few yards away from her house by Rainbow Dash, who crashed into Twilight while flying at high speed.

"OMPH!" Twilight managed as she was knocked over onto her side. She looked over at the clumsy Pegasus. "Careful Rainbow Dash!"

Rainbow got up and shook off her head. "Sorry, Twilight." She apologized immediately. "I didn't see you there." She reached out a hoof to help her friend up. Twilight accepted the hoof with a sigh.

"Where you going in such a rush?" Twilight asked curiously, tilting her head.

"I was off to see the Wonderbolts!" Rainbow exclaimed, having a short fangasm.

"The Wonderbolts?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Yeah." Rainbow went on to tell her. "I heard that they were in town today and wanted to go visit them!"

"Why would the Wonderbolts visit all of the sudden?" Twilight wondered aloud.

"I don't know." Rainbow told her. "But if they're here, I want to be with them!"

Before Twilight could ask anything else, Rainbow took off into the air in the blink of an eye. Twilight sighed and continued her way to the library, trotting inside and closed the door. "Spike!" She called, looking around for the dragon. "Spike?"

She trotted upstairs and searched left and right, not able to spot the baby dragon. "Spike, where are you?"

Unable to find her companion, she figured he went to help Rarity so she wouldn't freak out. She settled back down and grabbed a random book off her shelf to began reading. "Tales of the Undead." She read, opening the book to read it.