• Published 25th May 2014
  • 2,992 Views, 77 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 1 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



Equestria has faced many challenges and enemies in the past. But, the one thing they did not anticipate this unkillable horror. Can the mane six overcome this threat to Equestrian life, or will they fall to the endless supply of death?!

  • ...
11
 77
 2,992

S1E11: The Secrets We Keep

Author's Note:

When rumors spread about Secret and what he's hiding, Twilight must overcome curiosity and protect her new friend.

By week 4, the ponies of the caravan have talked about all kinds of subjects. About Canterlot, politics, home, loved ones, and even crushes.

One thing did cause Twilight to fear. Rumors. What if the caravan started to spread rumors about each other? Twilight shivered at the thought. Things could start quickly in such a terrible time.

The next day, her nightmares came true. She heard one name a lot throughout the crowd. "I don't think Secret..." "Secret seems like..." "What is Secret?..."

Twilight decided to approach Secret. Right before she got to him, another pony went over to him and began to bug him. She kept asking about personal questions, and Secret ignored her. She glared at the stallion, and continued.

Twilight decided she had enough, and she trotted over and got in the pony's face. "Leave him alone." She ordered. The pony glared at her, but decided it was for the better to leave. Twilight glared as the pony trotted away.

Intro

Secret spent more time in the cart with the fillies and colts than he did walking ever since the trip to the Everfree Forest. He rarely made eye contact with anypony. Everypony was starting to fear him and despise him.

Twilight was overwhelmed with pressure. The growing tension was very evident, despite the silence and evasion of mass conversations.

Twilight moved over to Secret’s cart. He was sitting there, staring into the distance blindly with the Cake foals in his lap. Pound Cake was sitting on top of Pumpkin, laughing. Secret took no mind of anything.

Twilight hopped in the cart with him. “Secret?” She asked.

Secret jumped in place, looking in her general direction. “Twilight, don’t sneak up on me like that.” He complained.

Twilight giggled. “Sorry, Secret. Didn't mean to startle you.” She shook off the laughter. “Anyways, I would like to talk.”

Secret looked back into the distance. “Go ahead.”

Twilight sighed. “It seems you've become a target of gossip.” She said. “The group is going to go to extremes, you know that.”

“I know.” Secret said. He reached over and grasped something with his hand. “That’s why I carry this.” He picked up a stick.

“A stick?” Twilight asked.

Secret looked at the stick with shock. “No!” He dropped the stick and reached over towards his shotgun. He grabbed it and lifted it up. “This!”

Twilight looked at him weird. “Are you okay, Secret?” She asked with concern.

“I’m perfectly fine.” Secret said, looking at her chest once more.

Twilight glared. “My face is up here.” She told him.

Secret was silent. Twilight then noticed it. Secret couldn't look at her face. He couldn't tell a shotgun from a stick. He couldn't do any of that because he was blind.

“You've been blind the whole time?” She asked, shocked.

“Ever since that manticore hit me.” He told her, petting Pound. Pound giggled, but fell over as Pumpkin disappeared from under him. Secret laughed, hearing what had happened.

“Why didn't you tell me?” Twilight asked. “This is important!”

“It’s not that important.” Secret argued. “I can live off my other senses. It’s not like my eyesight was always important to me.” He lifted his hoof and wiped one of his eye. “I can still shoot a gun, I’m good.”

Twilight sighed. She had enough talking for now. She hopped out of the cart. She was trying to keep her cool, but between Secret and the rest of the caravan, she was in the middle of a war. One of those wars between fillies in school, seeing which one can make the other’s life worse by spreading rumors. It would seem that Secret would lose, by the stallion didn't care much about the general opinion anyways. Twilight has never seen someone so calm and collected, ignoring all threats like he’s done it everyday.

Which brought the same question that had bugged Twilight since that day in the barn. Who is Secret?

The same thing happened multiple times, a different pony would approach Secret and bug him. Sometimes it was one, sometimes it was two or three. Secret did not complain once, nor did he socialize with the others. He stayed completely silent, and only spoke to the Cake foals.

Although he did not mind it, some did. Rainbow and Applejack both have spent more time in the back of the caravan with him, and they would scare off the ponies that bothered him. Applebloom and Scootaloo also have talked to Secret constantly. The duo have acted like they knew the stallion their whole lives. Then again, they did treat everyone as friends. They were just fillies, and fillies tended to be nosey and naive. Anypony was their friend unless said otherwise.

“Them folks ain't got no respect.” Applejack said to Twilight one time. “They just gonna bother a stallion whenever they feel like. It ain't right.”

“They’ll get over it.” Twilight said. “Everything is catching up to them. They've lost a lot. Just give them a few days.”

When things continued, Rainbow complained to Twilight next. "Those nosey ponies don't have any sense." She complained. "For the past week, all I ever here is Secret this, Secret that, Secret Secret Secret." She landed next to Twilight. "It's starting to get annoying having to scare off those harassers."

"If it keeps up, I'll step in." Twilight said. "Don't worry too much. I appreciate you looking out for him."

The next day, things went too far. One pony lost his mind, and drew a blade on Secret.

"You best be putting that away." Secret told the guy, looking away from him still.

The pony growled, and did not move. "Very well then." Secret picked up the foals and placed them down on the floor of the cart, then he quickly threw himself at the other stallion, knocking the knife out of his hoof. Secret kicked him to the ground, and placed a hoof on his chest, keeping him down.

"Next time I'll speak a little bit clearer." Secret stared. "Do not threaten me with such small items."

Ponies got up and started to shout at Secret. "You cold blooded!..." "Why would you hurt an innocent stallion?" "Let's show him what we do for our friends!"

Twilight became irritated, and stamped over to the crowd. "That's enough!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. The shouting died out quickly, and everypony turned to Twilight. Twilight made her way through the crowd and took her place next to Secret. "Get off." She told Secret. Secret obeyed, getting off of the stallion. As soon as he was clear, the stallion ran off.

"You all have gone insane!" Twilight shouted at the crowd. "You all are missing home and your loved ones, I know this. But you're not the only ones who have lost things! I too have nearly lost all hope, but this stallion, despite whether we really know him or not, is the first guy to help." Twilight raised her head in disgust. "Despite all he's done, you all have been too nosey and disrespectful to annoy this stallion for a whole week!"

Ponies stared in shock. No words were said, just stares. Slowly, the crowd dissolved. Twilight sighed and turned to Secret.

"Thanks." Secret said, standing right behind her. Twilight jumped a little, then sighed.

"It's alright." She said. "Let's just keep going. We'll never get to Canterlot if we lag."

Secret kept his gaze in the same direction as she walked away. He looked down to his hooves. I need to get back in shape. He told himself.