• Published 25th May 2014
  • 3,019 Views, 77 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 1 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



Equestria has faced many challenges and enemies in the past. But, the one thing they did not anticipate this unkillable horror. Can the mane six overcome this threat to Equestrian life, or will they fall to the endless supply of death?!

  • ...
11
 77
 3,019

S1E07: Cutie Mark Crusaders Meet Reality

Author's Note:

When the body of one of their own is dragged to the farm and buried, the CMC struggle to accept reality. Meanwhile, Twilight and AJ decide what to do with Pinkamena.

Applebloom and Scootaloo rushed over to the entrance of the farm, watching as the scavenging group returned. Twilight and Rainbow followed close behind.

Applejack led the group into the safety of the farm barricade, followed by Secret and Spitfire. Snowflake and Time Turner came in behind, carrying the cart. Dead bodies littered the inside.

The ponies instinctively bowed their heads in respect of the dead. Silence fell over the farm for a good minute, and as the group reached the barn, the silence broke and ponies scattered to get back to their jobs.

Applejack approached Twilight, who was smiling at the presence of her friend. "Where's Pinkie?" She asked. Twilight frowned and ducked her head. "Oh no, is she dead?!"

Twilight shook her head. "She lost her mind while you were gone. She knows what's happening." She cracked the barn door open to reveal a tied up Pinkie, with her mane flat and her skin a darker shade of gray than usual. Actually, it was not Pinkie anymore, it was Pinkamena Diane Pie. Pinkamena was the insane, dark alternate personality of Pinkie. "I'm sorry..." Applejack frowned.

Applebloom and Scootaloo were told to avoid the disposal of the corpses, and to come back when the amends were to be made. Although, they were obviously not listening, and they watched from afar, on top of a tree.

"Who do you see?" Applebloom asked.

"I think it's Fluttershy." Scootaloo answered, watching through a pair of binoculars.

"Who else?" Applebloom asked.

"I think it's-" Scootaloo stopped suddenly.

"Who is it?!" Applebloom asked, hopping. "Lemme see!" Scootaloo slowly handed her the binoculars. Appebloom gasped.

It was Sweetie Belle. She was dead.

Intro

Pinkamena hissed through the cloth that covered her mouth. Twilight stared at her, scared. "We lost her." Twilight said.

"Don't blame yaself." Applejack said, patting Twilight's back. "Y'all couldn't do nothing about it." She looked back at Pinkamena, who struggled against the chains.

"Ermer kerl erl fff yer!" Pinkamena managed under the cloth.

"C'mon, Twi." Applejack said. "It's about time we start burying the dead." Twilight nodded and got up, waving to Pinkamena before leaving.

The burial took about an hour. Grave after grave, holes were dug up and bodies were thrown in. Fluttershy, Thunderlane, Rarity, Spike the Dragon, Fleetfoot, Mr. Cake, Mrs. Cake; the bodies were covered with dirt. The ponies all bowed their heads, and Sweetie Belle's body was thrown in last.

Applebloom and Scootaloo stood in front of Sweetie Belle's grave, Rainbow Dash behind them. The two held back tears, but didn't do a very good job. Tears soaked their eyes and cheeks. Rainbow patted Scootaloo's head. "Stay strong, Scoots." She whispered.

Scootaloo threw herself around Rainbow's leg. The rainbow-haired pegasus sighed and petted her. "Everything is going to be okay..." Rainbow told her.

After the burial, Scootaloo and Applebloom decided to help out by picking apples. They needed something to get Sweetie Belle's passing off their minds. They joined Big Mac and Soarin' at the southern orchard. It was applebuck season, so the apples were to be as fresh as ever.

"You two know what your doing, right?" Soarin' asked the crusaders.

"Yes, sir." Applebloom answered. "We just gotta carry these buckets and catch all the apples. Ah've done this before. It's my farm!"

Soarin' rubbed the back of his head. "Oh yeah." He mumbled, feeling stupid. "We starting?" He called.

"Eeyup." Big Mac called. He bent over, reared his legs, and kicked an apple tree with all his might. The tree shook violently, and soon apples were raining. Applebloom and Scootaloo rushed around and caught the apples.

Splat. "I missed one!" Scootaloo said, kicking the destroyed apple with anger.

Applebloom put down her bucket. "It's not that hard. Even Sweetie's done it bef-" Applebloom stopped quickly and lowered her head, knowing that she brought up something she shouldn't have. Scootaloo stared at her and frowned.

Big Mac and Soarin' began to move on, but stopped as they saw the two fillies, noticing the sudden transition to gloominess.

"Why don't you two head back to the barn and rest?" Soarin' asked. "I think we got it from here, fillies."

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed. The two fillies agreed silently, and headed back to the farm.

Applebloom walked into the barn, Scootaloo following close behind. They avoided Pinkamena, like they have been told. They moved to the second floor, and sat down near the window.

"Ah think we should find somepony else to relate with." Applebloom said. "It's great to talk, ain't it?"

Scootaloo stayed silent. Applebloom sighed and ducked her head.

"How about you two go on a walk with me?" The two fillies turned their heads to look at Secret. "It'd be fun. We won't go to far from the farm." He told them.

Secret landed on the roof of one of the many homes in Ponyville. He lifted Applebloom and Scootaloo of his back, and sat them next to him.

"Why did you take us here, sir?" Applebloom asked.

"I want to tell you a story." He said. "I once was in a situation like you are."

"What?" Scootaloo asked.

"I lost a close friend of mine." Secret told them. "She would always be there for me. We used to work together. She would look after me when I couldn't. I gave her a home and a hobby." Secret ducked his head. "And then the apocalypse broke out. We got separated. I...I abandoned her. She would never forgive me." He placed his face in his hooves. "I-I-I..."

Applebloom stopped him and hugged him. Secret looked at her and smiled a little. "You're a nice kid, both of you." He said. "If I show you something, promise you won't tell anypony?" He asked.

Scootaloo nodded, staying close to Secret. Secret smiled and grabbed his hood with his hoof.

He slowly pulled it off, and revealed his face to the fillies. "This is me."