• Published 25th May 2014
  • 3,029 Views, 77 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 1 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



Equestria has faced many challenges and enemies in the past. But, the one thing they did not anticipate this unkillable horror. Can the mane six overcome this threat to Equestrian life, or will they fall to the endless supply of death?!

  • ...
11
 77
 3,029

S1E03: Chaos, Not Even Discord Could Comprehend

Author's Note:

The outbreak begins, but Twilight struggles to protect Ponyville as she fails to convince the citizens of what's happening.

"Help!" "Somepony, help me!" "No! NO!" "What's happening?!" "Get it away from me!"

Twilight's hooves stomped on the ground as she rushed through Ponyville.

"They're all over the place!" "Caramel, NO!!!!"

Tears dribbled down her face as she hurried past all of the chaos.

"Get to shelter!" "Annie, get the gun!"

She looked forward, she was nearing the boutique. The windows were broken, and it seemed almost lifeless.

As fighting and chaos ensued behind her, Twilight burst through the doors, and looked around in fear. "Spike? Spike?!"

Intro

5 hours earlier

Twilight stared at the animals. No, they weren't animals. They were green-ish, disgusting, almost lifeless. They smelled of foul oder. It took a bit of observation for her to realize that the animals were dead. She couldn't believe her eyes, but they were there.

Her head snapped back into reality, and she realized the group of animals were moving in on her. She turned and high-tailed it out, screaming at the top of her lungs as she made her way towards town once more.

She almost bumped into Fluttershy, scaring the life out of the pegasus. She squealed ever so quietly, and hid her face under her tail, dropping all the food she was carrying.

Twilight helped her up. "Fluttershy!" She exclaimed in relief.

"I-I'm sorry Twilight..." She said as she begun to pick up her dropped items. Twilight cut her off.

"We don't have time for that, Fluttershy." Twilight told her friend.

"Why not?" Fluttershy asked, confused. "I have to feed the an-"

Twilight grabbed her friend and dragged her along. "There's a problem, Fluttershy!" She told her.

"O-oh..." Fluttershy was confused, but she went along with Twilight. It wasn't like she had much of a choice.

Twilight made her way to the Town Hall. She had to let the whole town know of what she saw. If what she read was true, the town of Ponyville would succumb to the infection if nothing is done about it. She threw herself onto the stage, leaving Fluttershy to the side. She grabbed a microphone that was so conveniently placed on the podium, and turned it on.

"ATTENTION!" She called loudly into the mic, so that it would reach most of the ponies in town. "Can I have your attention, please?!" She called again as the whole Town Square froze and stared.

"There are..." She gulped, not even believing what she was going to say. "Undead animals at the cottage!" She said in fear and regret. Fluttershy gasped, and almost fainted. She was broke again.

Despise Fluttershy's fear, the ponies simply laughed. They thought that the alicorn went crazy, there were no such things as 'Undead'. They complimented her acting and went back on their merry way.

Twilight called into the mic once more. "I'm not joking! This is an emergency!" She called again.

Fluttershy slowly approached Twilight. "W-what happened to m-my animals?" She asked through tears. Twilight looked at her and frowned. "I...I'm not sure..." Twilight looked back at the crowd. Did I see what I thought I saw?

Twilight seemed unsure for a while. She paced around town, yet did not see any signs of the outbreak spreading. Was I really going crazy? Suddenly, she remembered something. She rushed back to the library. Once inside, she found the flask that she had emptied on Henry the Bear. There was one drop left. She quickly took it and ran over to the podium where she would have Spike write letters. She immediately picked up a quill with her magic and began writing.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I send you a sample of a liquid that was contained in the box. I hope that you can send it back to me as soon as possible, with a result of what it contains. Please be quick, it could provide great importance to what is happening.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle.

She placed the flask back into the box, and sealed it. The only thing she needed was a delivery mare. She was fortunate that a friendly goofy-eyed mare was on her way, and soon would deliver the package to Canterlot in a matter of time.

After she waved the mare goodbye, she went back inside and waited for the letter. She waited...and waited...and waited. She grew impatient as the time passed. Then, something hit her window. She looked, and saw a disturbing sight. It was a bird, with rotten flesh and stone cold eyes. It was a zombie.

Her mind slowly snapped into reality, as she got up and looked out another window.

It was happening, Ponyville decided to ignore the alicorn, and they went blind of the truth. It was too late when they realized it. The apocalypse has begun, there is no saving them now.

Twilight gasped as a single thought came to her mind. Spike.

One Long Run Through Ponyville Later

Twilight threw open the door and looked around in fear. "Spike?! Spike!" She called. She laid eyes on the dragon, who held a small desk lamp in his claws. He almost charged at Twilight, but stopped as he realized it was Twilight.

"Twilight! Oh my gosh! You're alive!" Spike cried as he ran over and hugged the alicorn. Tears dribbled down her face as she hugged him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're safe..." She whispered. After a long, affectionate hug, Spike let go.

"I need to tell Rarity it's safe." He told her as he made his way upstairs. Twilight followed him. Less than halfway up the staircase, a scream erupted from Rarity's room. Spike headed up the stairs quickly.

Spike threw opened the door, and saw something beyond belief. On the ground was a screaming, almost dead body of Rarity, with a bunch of zombified birds crowding her, eating out her eye sockets, intestines, and everything they could get their beaks on.

:R-Rarity!" Spike managed in horror. Spike growled, clenched his fists, and decided to brave up. "Get your talons off my mare!" He screamed, charging at the birds. Tears ran down his face as he ran aimlessly forward.

Unfortunately, Spike chose to wrong to be brave. He was quickly mutilated by the flock of birds, and laid to cannibalistic rest next to the love of his life...forever...

Twilight watched helplessly as her friends succumbed, and everything that happened after that was a blur...