• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 4,101 Views, 52 Comments

Sins of the Mother - Chelis



The children of the main six embark on a quest to save their parents in a foreign land.

  • ...
30
 52
 4,101

Office Tryst

Anthea, Turquoise Blitz, Fluttershy, and Rarity. Source

Down the road from Sugar Cube Corner, in the more merchant friendly part of town, stood a jewelry shop that looked a lot more well off than the others. Even the paint job to the building was very recent, as in the hint of of the paint was still in the air surrounding it.

The shadowy figure crept its way inside the shop, even managing to not set off the bell that was placed above the door that rung every time someone went inside the shop. Inside was remarkable: glass display cases lined the wall with unique earrings, necklaces, cuff links, bangles, bracelets, brooches, medallions, and pendants of all shapes and sizes. Every single one was beautiful. Every single one was designed by "the greatest jeweler in Ponyville". The figure made it's way to the back of the building, and down to the basement.

The figure stood behind a table, with it's target still oblivious to it's presence. The target was sitting on a engraving table. The candle light was the only thing illuminating the room.

As a rule: Crystal Clarity loved to engrave alone and by candlelight. The concentration needed to engrave was needed due to the fact there was no room for error, or else having to scrap the entire jewelry altogether. That particular commission was special: Two friends from Canterlot were getting married soon and the groom asked Claire to engrave 'I love you' to the inside of the bride's ring.

"That was fun," Claire muttered to herself in delight as she placed the final touches to the engraving. As she continued to examine the engraving for any other touches, she noticed something in the engraving that annoyed her: The words were moving and changing. In a few seconds they moved from 'I love you" to 'Hey Claire'.

Crystal Clarity sighed before she continued without turning around. "Hello Illusion, up to no good I see?"

"Aww that's not fair" Prince Illusion moaned. "I just wanted to see you, I even brought those croissants from Canterlot you love more than life itself" He said while holding a small paper bag. Claire had a giant grin to her face as she grabbed the bag and leaned in for the kiss to the cheek, only stopping her mouth a inch. She cleared her throat, and Illusion knew why.

"Fine," Illusion said. And with a snap of a finger, Claire watched from a distance as the engraving returned to it's original form. As soon as it was done, she gave him that kiss on the cheek he was seeking.

***

If the smell of 'Pony Joe's World Famous Buttered Croissants' does not take you to another dimension of pleasure, the first bite usually would. For Crystal Clarity, it would be the first bite. The croissants took her back to when she used to live in Canterlot when she was still a kid in grade school, where she spent her time kissing hanging out with Prince Illusion. Sometimes, it made her laugh looking back on how the rest of their classmates drove them away from their groups for not being pure pony clan members, which drove them together in the end.

"Hows your parents?" Claire asked between bites of heaven.

"Same ole stuff. Only thing interesting part is talk of something serious going down in the Griffon Kingdom. I'm guessing Starburst's boyfriend is dealing with some heavy shit right now,"

Illusion's comment nearly made Claire choke on her croissant.

"Is he still sprung over her?"Claire asked.

"probably."

***

Crystal Clarity and Prince Illusion manage to enter a locked Carousel Boutique in a unusual time: Closed during the day. The store got a lot bigger between the time between Spike and Rarity moved back to Ponyville and now: Usually to deal with more costumers and two children in Claire and her younger brother Turquoise Blitz. It was unusual to be closed during the day, even more so that it was empty to boot.

"Maybe important last minute business?" Claire assumed.

Right as they were about to leave, they heard grunting noises from the back; two in fact.

A guy and a girls, who sound suspiciously like...

"Sounds like Anthea and Turquoise Blitz," Claire whispered in anxiety.

"Your little bro is growing up? I have to see this," Illusion chimed as he crept his way to the back of the shop.

Claire objected at first, but reluctantly went with the prince.

The sounds were coming from the cloth room, and not somewhere deeper inside the building like the kitchen as they first thought. The cloth room was medium in size and was used to hold Rarity's endless supplies of fabric.

As Illusion and Claire got closer to the open door they heard the two teens talk.

"I told you I can help you. You are just doing too much again." T insisted.

"I can get it up myself, watch," Anthea replied defiantly.

Claire felt the entire situation was like watching a train wreck in slow motion: she didn't want to look inside the room, but she couldn't look away. She took a deep breath before Illusion and her peeked around the corner inside the fabric room to reveal:

Anthea and Turquoise Blitz rearranging the fabrics, to both Claire's relief, but to Illusion's disappointment.

T' was holding 4 large rolls of fabric, while Anthea was on a ladder trying to put one of the fabric rolls away by hand.

"This could go a lot quicker if you used magic Ann," T joked.

"I know, but I really want to show I can do this job without magic," Anthea said defensively.

"My mom does magic for the job all the time?"

"I- "

"This was not what I was expecting!" Illusion spoke loudly.

Annie and T were spooked, so much so that Annie lost her footing and fell, landing on the soft fabrics that T was holding.

"Allow me," Claire giggled as she extended her hand gracefully towards T. The air surrounding Claire's hand lit up to a baby blue color, so did the air around the rolls of fabric. The fabric levitated and found themselves in the appropriate places on the shelf.

"Where's mom and dad?" Crystal Clarity asked as the last of the Fabrics made their way into the shelf.

"They were summoned from Canterlot. Didn't know who or why though. Mom didn't want to make us lose hours so she had us re-arrange the entire fabric room and can call it a day," Turquoise explained as he also let Anthea down from his arms.

"Still doesn't explain why you had the lights off and the doors locked," Illusion asked in suspicion.

"Can you believe that even with a closed sign people still walk in thinking it's open?" Anne spoke sarcastically.

"I hate it when they do that!" Claire complained. "Anyway, want to grab something from Sugar Cube Corner? My treat." Claire offered.

Crystal Clarity instantly became everyone's best friend in the room as they made their way outside.

Author's Note:

hey while you are here you should totally follow me on twitter/>tumblr for my daily misadventures! :)
https://twitter.com/chelis714
http://chelis714.tumblr.com
Also don't forget to like, favorite, and "watch" me too!