• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 4,101 Views, 52 Comments

Sins of the Mother - Chelis



The children of the main six embark on a quest to save their parents in a foreign land.

  • ...
30
 52
 4,101

Perspective

Starburst walked out of the maroon tent while the feast was still going on. Her friends were enjoying proper food for the first time in ages. She stumbled in exhaustion from their previous hours of marching to the encampment.. She would have gone a whole day without walking into King Leon, who was sitting on an oak barrel munching on a bright green apple.

"Morning, beautiful," he beamed.

Star gave him a stern look for what seemed to be an eternity and a half before she walked away towards the barrack tent. He hopped off the barrel to walk afterher, the sounds of his bites drowned out by the noise of people going on about their day.

"Why the cold shoulder, Star?" He asked, trying to catch up to her. She only increase her pace.

"I wanted to make a great insult, but I couldn't think of one so I'm just walking away," she sneered.

"Just wait a minute!" he hollered. He grabbed her arm in an attempt to stop here. She yanked her arm out of his grasp and crossed her arms. "Why now, all of a sudden, do you decide to be mean to me?!"

"Why? Because I have a plan and a mission and we are wasting time hanging around here! If you don't mind I would love to head to your capital." She ordered.

"No can do sweetheart, it's crawling with changelings. The small lucky minority they allowed to live are slaves. They will know right away you don't belong there and will slice you in half, all of you." he warned. His eyes told the tale of fear and anger.

Starburst looked at him in thought. "Who is leading them? Chrysalis passed her life expectancy years ago."

Leon nodded. "Right, she is gone. From what we can tell is that usually the drones will fight and kill each other to be next in line. But there was an anomaly in her hatchling... The White Changeling,"

"The what now?" She questioned.

Leon signed "It was an old soldier's tale, a changing that was white. Your cousin Valiant Heart was the only one who ran into it and survived."

"I see," Star pondered.

"Yea. Hey, well..." he slouched and made his best seducing pose. " Since you are around... Maybe I can invite you to take a seat with me in tonight's feast?"

"Oh, yeah?" Star smirked.

"Yeah. You all are more than welcome to stay as long as you like," he said in a soft voice. He got closer to her and had the warmest smile he could muster.

"On second thought, I'll pack my shit and go," she hissed while she walked away.

"Look, Princess... As much as you may not like me because how much I like you, we have to come to an understanding here!" He pleaded.

Starburst's face began to redden. " I totally understand. You are trying to use my situation with my parents to your benefit. My parents are missing and I have to deal with you hitting on me!"

"At least your parents might be alive." He said with a stern look.

When Starburst said that, she had forgotten what he had said earlier, and the regret began to overwhelm her. "I’m sorry, Leon... I-I didn't-"

"You are mad at the situation. I think we all are," he said as he reached out and brought her into a hug. He smiled as he felt the warmth and touch of the girl he cared for. "I genuinely want to help you all and it will be in everyone's best interest if we find your parents to help retake my people's land. Not only that, I really do want to work with and spend time with you in something you enjoy: War." He said as he looked down at the girl he was infatuated with him, she looked up at him.

"Leon?" She said.

"Yes, Star?" He chimed back.

"You have ten seconds to let go of me or else I will rip your balls off."

Author's Note:

#Tsundereasfuck

I'm also hosting a vote to see what new fics i should write!

I have a Skype group for fans because why the fuck not. If you want to join this group here is the link: https://join.skype.com/xIbwZjwORZ7E