• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 4,099 Views, 52 Comments

Sins of the Mother - Chelis



The children of the main six embark on a quest to save their parents in a foreign land.

  • ...
30
 52
 4,099

Crystal Empire

A Different City was reached that night, yet the same strategy applied to that scenario.

They saw the cluster of dots around thirty miles out, a sliver of yellow in the vast expanse of the nothingness that was northern Equestria. Some of the group were excited to see the Crystal City, the seat of the Crystal Empire, once more, as few rarely made the trek up that north that didn't have family up in that part of the continent or at least business. To avoid raising an eyebrow, they threw their gear out the window and into the bushes that surrounded the station as the train came to a stop like at Canterlot. They were the only ones on the train, and at the station. Even the guards called it a night there. They fished their gear out of the bushes, and as they were about to head into the city, Starburst had an immediate change of heart to the plan.

"Everyone, meet us by the royal stables. Claire, come with me."

The good news was that they only had a four-hour window until sunrise, and when everyone back home would wake up to realize they were gone. The bad news was the Crystal City was the farthest way they could make by rail, as there was only one other train to the edge of the empire and into the Griffon Kingdom, and getting searched by the border guard is never any fun when trying to smuggle precious military gear and supplies out of the country without raising an alarm. It was pretty clear that they would need some help. For Princess Starburst: It would require cousinly help. Star and Clare worked together, creeping their way through the streets of the city they had visited many times growing up with ease. Just like Canterlot, and all seats of major empires, the guards were always out and on alert to protect the city from a surprise attack, fire, or anything that came their way. Even the most observant eye can predict the guard's traditional guard routes, which the girls used to their advantage.

Their destination was a house in the heart of the city, only a few blocks from the crystal castle. It was not overly as lavish as the castle, but it still hosted an important member of the kingdom.

Royalty.

The stuck to the shadows whenever they could, only hiding in the dark alleyways when the patrols came too close, their torches being a dead giveaway to their presence. The patrols became more frequent and more massive the closer the got to the castle, even brushing with being discovered a few times, but were saved by extreme luck.

"Should we knock?" Claire asked as they found themselves on the doorstep of the house that housed Valiant Heart: Starburst's older cousin and the Son of Prince Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore "Cadence" Cadenza.

"Not when you know where he leaves the spare key," Starburst answered, pulling the doormat out of the way to reveal the small, silver key.

"It's rude to just enter someone's house without permission: even if its family, but under the circumstances I'll say that works," Claire responded, a bit taken aback over how easy it was to enter the house of a prince.

The size of the home was not as spectacular as compared to the castle, but contained many decorations from the prince's trips through foreign lands and all corners of the world. When Valiant Heart was not serving in the Crystal Kingdom's armed forces, he enjoyed spending his royal purse on aid missions and philanthropic causes, believing that can benefit if everyone gave use a little bit more.... and the girls, especially the girls.

Because, the gene mix of a former ladies man and the princess of love would definitely produce one of the most charming men in history.

The two girls made their way upstairs, past the many portraits of Prince Valiant Heart in many different styles.

"So we are going to just barge in?" Claire whispered, just outside his bedroom door. She had second thoughts about barging into someone's private room but given the situation they were in a small sacrifice to see their parents again.

"Yeah?" Starburst asked. the tone of her voice read "is this even a question?"

"What if we see him naked?"

"it is the risk I'm taking for my parents, and you are one to complain, Ms. 'had that crush on him when we were kids.'"

"True point."

The opened the room and lit the lantern by the prince's bedside, which it revealed that the two girls and the prince were not alone in the highly decorated room, but another girl was curled up underneath valiant's body.

A girl they were both familiar with.

"Claire?! Starburst?! What in the hay are you two doing here?!" Red June screamed as she jumped off the bed, her cherry red and white hair whipping in all directions. Valiant jumped out as well, shielding the both himself and Red June with a blanket to hide the fact they were in their underwear, both backed to a corner of the baby blue colored room. .

"I could ask you the same thing, miss 'I’ll be too busy to see Valiant anyway, but I’ll be sure to tell him hi for you when I do." Starburst smirked.

Red June was embarrassed, ashamed, and scared due to this predicament. Just the fact she was alone with him in his house would bring shame to her family, and anger to her shy but gentle father.

Well, probably not, but it would be rather embarrassing.

"Please don't tell Aj or Big Mac" she pleaded.

"We wouldn't dream of it," Claire said with a warming smile. They were still friends, and friends had to look out for each other, even in the most embarrassing positions. Valiant and Red June had a big sigh of relief but was interrupted by Starburst.

"YOU don't get off that easily, mister! If you don't want me to tell your parents that I caught you with a girl alone, breaking some obscure marriage law that has probably haven't been discovered yet, i need you to do something to buy our silence," Starburst said with glee.

"You're evil, you know that, cousin?" Valiant asked.

"Me? Evil? Just wait until you hear the thing I have to ask."

Author's Note:

I have a Skype group for fans of my work, pre-readers, proofreaders, and editors. If you want to join this group (and Skype is free to get and register btw) add me (louisros1990 is mine skype) and tell me you want to join the group.