• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 2,959 Views, 69 Comments

The Priest of Nalarath - Pigrangler



Father Gregory felt he had a sense of repitition in his life. The same place full of color and noises. No not Equestria but close enough. Before giving a sermon, Gregory is killed and it just gets worse for him throughout.

  • ...
3
 69
 2,959

Uuh...I can Explain

Warning: The following chapter contains a scene of violence and gore. This is where the dark part of the story comes in. You have been warned.

Ponyville Hospital

"Congratulations! It's a healthy, handsome colt!"

"Oh my gosh!...A little Colt!"

"He's got your eyes honey."

"May I hold him nurse?"

"Of course Mrs. Logic."

"You were right Cosmic, he does have my eyes. But he has your mane."

"What do you think we should name him?"

"...Star Search."

Star Search's House (6 years later)

"Star Search! Come on down! You're going to be late for your first day of school!"

"Ok mom I'm up I'm up!." Said a young vibrant colt as he descended the stairs while rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes.

"You shouldn't have stayed up so late last night baby. Its not good for you." Scolded his mother in a gentle, teasing tone.

"I know but that book dad got me was so good! I had to know how it ended!"

"Well maybe now you'll have something to talk about with all the new friends your going to make at school!" Replied his mother with a warm smile as she began to trot back to the kitchen to finish making breakfast. Star Swirl followed her to find his dad Cosmic Thought sitting at the table reading todays paper. As he looked up from the paper, he greeted them both with a warm smile.

"Hey honey. Hey champ. You like that book I got you for your birthday?" He asked with a slight smirk already knowing the answer.

"Oh I loved it dad! I just finished it last night!" Said the young colt while hugging his dad and taking a seat at the table.

"Well I hope you were able to get some sleep book worm. Today is a big day for you! You don't want to miss most of it by sleeping it away do you?"

"Don't worry dad I got enough sleep!"

"That's good. Well I should be heading to work now. Thanks for breakfast honey. I'll see you both when I get home later tonight at 6." He then walked over to tussle his son's hair and give his wife Perfect Logic a gentle kiss on the lips.

"Have a good first day son!"

"Come on star eat your breakfast quick. We don't have much time until school starts and I don't want you to be late on your first day."

Ponyville school playground (12:17)

Mr. Sunny is a really good teacher. And there's so many nice fillies and colts here I think I'll like it here! Thought Star Search while he kicked a ball to a black unicorn colt, who then kicked it to a purple pegasus filly. Just as the ball was about to be kicked back to him he heard some one calling for him. He turned to the source and got hit in the face with the ball while he was distracted. He looked back to see the purple filly giving an apologetic smile with her ears down.

"Sorry Star. You should go see what Mr. Sunny wants huh?" Shaking off the slight headache, Star said he'd be back after talking to the teacher. I wonder what he wants? I hope I'm not in trouble or anything.

Star's heart rate increased when he noticed the teacher with a sad face while a pegasus guard sat next to him. Oh man I must be in serious trouble! What did I do though?

"Come sit down son...There's been an accident." Star was worried for himself before Mr. Sunny could tell him the news. Now he was worried for himself, his mom, everyone. He was so sad at the tragic news. At the end of the story Star Search was in tears at what Mr. Sunny had told him. His father was dead. And his mother was no where to be found.

Star Search's new house. Ponyville (12 years later)

Star, now a handsome young stallion living in his own home, stood pacing around a table. Across the table were several drawings of Equestria with lines connected certain cities and monuments. He kept pacing while looking back at the table trying to sense a pattern. He had be at this for hours. His eyes bloodshot and mane in disarray.

Two years after the incident with his parents, he had gotten his Cutie Mark. A consolation of a magnifying glass. He had found it when looking through a library to find anything of interest. His adoptive mother had suggested a book called "The Stars within ourselves." thinking it to be a novel. But it was a non-fictional documentary about the great mystery of space beyond and between the stars.

Most kids would be terribly bored of a book about stars. But Star Search couldn't seem to put it down. He just kept reading and studying all of the different consolations. After a couple of days he had practically memorized the book. When It became time to turn in the book, he grabbed it and began to leave his new house to head to the library While he was walking through the hallway in his new home he noticed a large mirror on the left wall. He had no idea why his new mom put that there but it was fun to make faces at it when he passed. This time he was prepared to meet himself with his tongue hanging out and his eyes crossed. When he focused again from the giggling he saw it. His Cutie Mark.

A lot can happen in twelve years. Including Star being accepted into Celestia's school for gifted Unicorns. He had graduated with flying colors and landed a job back in Ponyville as a Star observer. It was his job to map out any new consolations and keep watch for anything else that demanded attention. More specifically, another planet. The scientists' in Canterlot seemed to be obsessed with the idea of other worlds beyond our own. Many new developments had occurred that most ponies seemed to ignore. Star Search had marked every major occurrence since his first entry when he graduated and was given his first telescope from his adoptive mother.

Now here he sat, studying a different kind of map. He had to find her. Twelve years later and still no sign of his real mom. The guards had given up after four years saying it was a lost cause. They had put her as the prime suspect because she wasn't at home or even in Ponyville when they discovered Cosmic Thought dead in a pool of his own blood with a knife in his back. She was immediately labeled as the killer and hunted down for four years. With no leads though, the trail got too cold to follow.

Star however, wouldn't give up. He had to find his mother and prove her innocence. If she was still alive... He knew it had to be some other pony. And that pony was keeping his mother held up somewhere, doing who knows what to her. He had turned to studying maps hoping to find something. Nothing but false claims and dead ends. He had been at this for too long but was determined to see it through.

He let out a loud yawn and decided it was time to sleep. It had been a couple of days since he last slept and it was starting to catch up to him. He slowly turned and was about to head to his bedroom when he heard a knock on the door.Ugh...what part of 'Don't Disturb' do ponies not understand? Another knock.

"Ugh coming..." Star opened the door only to be hit directly in the face with a hoof. He blacked out instantly from the lack of sleep and sudden pain.

?????

Ugh...what happened? Where am I? What's that awful smell? Why does my head hurt? Suddenly Stars eyes shot open from something sharp poking his side. He tried to cry out but couldn't seem to open his mouth. All that came out was a muffled groan. Looking down to his leg he noticed he was shot with something. When he looked to the pony holding the needle he immediately regretted it. It was a green earth pony with a weird smile on his face.

"Well look who's finally up! You were real tired...you've been asleep for a couple of days in fact." Said the creepy pony while removing the needle and walking to a surgical table nearby. He dropped the syringe onto the table with a clank. Glancing at the table Star noticed many more sharp and painful object. Upon seeing these he let out a startled cry for help. The green pony just seemed to laugh.

"Poor deluded pony. Even without the muzzle you could scream all you want and no pony would hear. This basement is thicker then Canterlot castle. Oh and don't bother trying any of your fancy magic. Well...actually do try it. I wanna see what will happen."

Star just stared at the green pony. Why would he want him to use his magic? Maybe he was giving him a chance to escape. But why? Maybe he's just going to wait till the last second to strike before he can get away. Well I'll just have to wait. I'm not falling for his ploy. The green pony started to frown.

"I said...USE YOUR MAGIC!"

As soon as the words left his mouth, he lunged at Star with a hammer. He raised the hammer and began to mercilessly beat on his left foreleg. The pain was unbearable. Star could only sit there while his assailant continued to pound on his leg. Eventually there was a very loud snap causing Star to cry out.

The green pony had broken his leg. There were several bruises and bumps beginning to form. The worst part of the leg though was the broken bone sticking clean out on the other side. Star began to cry from the amount of pain he was in. Any more of this and he'd pass out.

With no other option he did as the crazy pony asked and powered up his horn only to be met with more pain. This time originating from where his horn would be. He felt something red and hot begin to leak onto his face. It was his blood. Star began to feel light headed. The green pony's smile grew back as he laughed at Stars pain.

"Ooooh It's like a pretty blood fountain! I knew I'd get some entertainment out of that!"The green pony cackled in excitement. He then pulled out a bucket from under the surgical table and pulled out Star's horn, waving it in front of him.

"Thought it would be a good idea to get rid of this first. I wasn't sure what to expect when you tried to use magic though. You are my first unicorn. Well...the first unicorn I got down here. There was a stallion in Ponyville a couple of years ago. I knew It would be to risky though so I just had to do a clean cut on him."

Stars eyes widened at that. A stallion in Ponyville? Could it be...this pony was his fathers murderer? Just as he had that thought, he felt another shot enter his system. He barely registered the pain from the needle. That pony must have shot him with more adreneline. Just then he felt his restraints...release? Because it was so unexpected, he fell and landed on his broken leg. He was still wearing the muzzle so his cry was muffled. Star looked up at the green pony with a confused look on his face.

"Ah don't give me that look. This is how I work. I break you and give you a chance. So here's how this works. There are exactly fifteen steps from that spot to the door. If you can make it to the door then I will stop your pain. Sound fun?"

It didn't sound anywhere near fun but he had to get out of here so he was willing to play his sick game. He started to rise on his good legs without putting pressure on his broken leg. After a big of struggling he finally got to a standing position. He took one step...then another. It took him forever to hobble to the door. Even with the adrenaline in his system he seemed tired. Wait...this bastard didn't give me adrenelin...He gave me anesthetics!

His vision was getting more blurry with each step. On the plus side, his pain was starting to subside. But that wasn't any reason to stop. If he stayed in here with this psycho pony he would surely die. Just two more steps... One more step... I did it! Before he could utter a groan of victory he felt a pressure in his chest. He looked down with dreary eyes to see a knife sticking out of his chest, attached to the hoof of the earth pony. the next thing Star knew was darkness.

The void

It's so dark here...wait...where is here? And what's that noise? Looking to his left Star saw a door standing open that revealed a hallway of bright light.. He had to shield his eyes from such abrupt brightness. With no where else to go and no pony in sight to ask for direction, he began to walk toward the light. When he emerged from the other side he was back in Ponyville. But he was in a tree in Ponyville. He remembered this place. It was the library. This was where he had gotten that book.

He decided to investigate the room when he heard a mumbling. Looking to his left he nearly had a heart attack at the creature in the bed. It was way to big for the small support frame. The blanket barely covered his massive size. I seems to be made of shadows other then its right fore hoof and face. Although....It doesn't really look like a hoof. More like a claw. Before he could take in more about the creature, it began to rise.

"Alright I'm up. What is it?" The creature then turned to look at Star. He did what any stallion would do in this situation. He screamed like a little filly.

Twilights house

Gregory's POV


So...that's what a dead pony's soul looks like... Thought Gregory as the pony screamed. God it's loud...I hope no one else is hearing this.

I AM AND ITS GIVING ME A HEADACHE! MAKE HIM SHUT UP!

"Fine fine just give me a moment." I start to walk over to the quivering pony when it suddenly stops. With a raised eyebrow I look down at the former pony before me. Before I can read off the information from my robes I feel a sudden surge in power as he shifts his gaze directly into my eyes.

Then I watch as his life flashes before my vision. When it's over I feel tears developing in the corner of my eyes. This poor stallion... I can end his suffering. I clear my throat and in my best impression of Death I say; "Star Search. Foal of Perfect Logic and the late Cosmic Thought. Age 18. No mare friend. Death by torture." I see the spirit nod it's head to confirm.

I continue; "I have seen your life and what it entailed. So much suffering for a simple pony. Your father taken from you at such a young age and being abandoned by your mother. Then of course recent events leading to your death. I am truly sorry your life was short and ill lived. However the afterlife will be one to enjoy. You will be reunited with your father in the kingdom of heaven. Go with peace young spirit. I grant you access." I'm about to touch his head with my white gauntlet when he stops me with a thought.

Please...before I go....Find my mother....I have to know she's ok....And also...find that green pony....and judge him to the farthest pit of Tartarus.... I simply nod at his request and touch his forehead. A white glow emits from the spot I touched and seems to encompass his body. A white light then descends from above and begins to drag the pony upwards. He smiles and waves a goodbye before disappearing. It wasn't until then that I noticed I was openly crying with the tears streaming down my face.

I decide to try and find something to wipe my tears. I look towards the nightstand at the side of the bed and see a box of tissues. After a couple of minutes of crying and wiping my tears I have the urge to use the restroom. As I stand up to head for the door I notice that it is slightly ajar. Oh no... My suspicions are confirmed when I fully open the door and see Spike sitting there with tears in his eyes as well. How much did he see?

Author's Note:

How much indeed?
Will Gregory find Star's mother? If he does, how will Star know? Will he find Star's father and judge him?
Will he deserve the same judgment?
Who is this green pony? Is he somehow connected to the death of Gregory? Or is it just all a coincidence?
Will Gregory find this pony?
Can I have a soda? Please?
Ugh never mind I guess we will find out the answers in the next chapter!