• Published 21st Nov 2013
  • 1,859 Views, 33 Comments

Oneshot Grab-Bag - Banchoking



A series of (usually) unconnected oneshots that I will use to test out ideas for stories I have and see what you all think of them.

  • ...
14
 33
 1,859

Breaking the Ice (Comedy)

Lyra Heartstrings was standing in front of the large oak door, well, large to ponies. For the house's resident, not so much. She reached out with her hoof but stopped. On the other side of this door was a human! The very thing she'd spent her career studying and trying to prove the existence of to the scientific community, in the middle of town. She began to hyperventilate.

"Easy, Easy!" Colgate laughed, "I know you're eager to meet him but it won't leave a good impression if you faint," Colgate placed a hoof on her back.

The mint green unicorn slowed her breathing, finally letting out a sigh, "Thanks Colgate."

Colgate smiled, "What are sisters for? Truth be told, I want to see the human too. His teeth specifically. If your theories about their diet are true, he'd need a very unique set of choppers and I'll be damned if I'm going to pass up that chance."

Lyra laughed, "Okay, but do you have any idea on how we'll ask him if we can study him? Not exactly something that we can just slip into casual chitchat. 'Hi, welcome to the neighborhood. Can you fill this cup?'" she rolled her eyes.

"Just be honest about our intentions and try to be as direct and friendly as possible."

Lyra nodded at the advice and knocked on the door.

A middle-aged man with red hair opens the door and looks down at the ponies questioningly.

Lyra does her best impression of Pinkie's smile, "I love you,"

After a moment of silence, the human slammed the door.

Clogate facehooved, "Maybe not that direct and friendly."

Author's Note:

Based on this.