• Published 8th Nov 2013
  • 2,080 Views, 152 Comments

Bailing Out - PhillyCh3zSt3ak



No one really knows how fate works. Some times it works like you'd expect, but other times not so much, as Spitfire and Andrew are about to learn. Join our two heroes as they find that fate doesn't always work the way we think it should.

  • ...
18
 152
 2,080

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8.5: Spitfire's Diary (Part 2)

August 1, 2020

Well yesterday was horrible. I shouldn't have said "what could possibly go wrong?" in my previous entry. It turns out that this shadowy government organization kidnapped me and Andrew right out of his house and took us to this place called Area 51. They drew my blood and bone marrow. The worst part was that MRI machine. It was horrible. The sedated me, but that was because I was thrashing about while in it. But that doesn't mean I took their apologies at first, and I still don't. In fact I want to kick the doctor that ordered that in the balls.

It got better, then it got worse, and now I'm at one of those "now what?" moments. Allow me to explain myself. Wow that sounds weird when I know I'm the only one reading this.

Well so earlier today I woke up naked in a hotel bed and I felt extremely sore in the netheregions. After a slightly long winded explanation from Andrew, and a survey of the room showed that we indeed had sex multiple times. I don't really know what to think right now. I don't know if I should be happy that we did it or if I should be scared that we are MARRIED.

Yeah you read that right: married. So apparently we got so smashed last night we not only spilled on the beans that we like each other but we went to a chapel and got married. And if it's anything like the ones in Los Pegasus it's a completely legal and binding ceremony, regardless to the fact that the person that was doing the ceremony was dressed in a ridiculous and gaudy white jumpsuit.

I don't know what to think. Andrew's been avoiding me all day since we got to the new house provided by our "employer." I think it's part embarrassment and shame while the other part is just pure confusion, which is something that makes complete sense. Even I am confused as fuck. We talked about making it work, but we'll have to see where it leads and how it'll work out.


August 3, 2020

Well Andrew and I went to a movie and dinner tonight. I guess you could call it a first date. I mean we already knew about each other so there wasn't really much to talk about other than current events and stuff that we wanted to do. I've been thinking about those casinos around here and how I should probably get a job here. I mean our employer at 51 pays for the house and utilities, but not food and other personal stuff. I sort of remember how that dealer at the casino we went to dealt the cards, I could do that, right?

Where was I? Oh yeah the movie. It was one of those romantic comedy movies. You know the kind: guy falls for girl, girl falls for guy, neither has the balls to fess up and say they love the other, events happen that force them to get close, they end up sleeping with each other, they grow apart, guy regrets growing apart, confesses his love, she confesses her love, they kiss, and then the picture fades to black hinting at some "hanky-panky" happening afterwords.

Now that I think about it that sounds a lot like the situation that Andrew and I are going through right now. Damn that's scary.


August 7, 2020

So Andrew and I went on another date today. Another movie, this time it was an action movie about a burned spy trying to clear her name. It was very attention grabbing and all around interesting. Andrew got into it because of the gunplay that was in it. I thought the most interesting thing in the movie was the fact that the heroine managed to get herself out of a tight squeeze by using duct tape. I will never look at that stuff the same way again.

When we got back to the house I kissed him, and this time I wasn't drunk. Not that being drunk is an excuse, but this time it was meaningful instead of an inebriated moment where all inhibitions were set aside. Andrew sort of seemed embarrassed, but that's probably because of our drunken night at the casino hotel is still fresh in his mind, as it is mine.

I'll start looking around the Vegas Strip the afternoon after we get back from base tomorrow. Apparently they need Andrew for some thing and me for more testing. Of course they promised it wouldn't be invasive at all (which I doubt), but I do know they wouldn't cut me up since I am, in their words, "mostly human."


August 14, 2020

Andrew and I just finished a week long marathon of watching the entirety of the Lord of the Rings trilogy as well as The Hobbit prequel. Great movie. It reminds me a bit of the turmoil that the citizens of ancient Equestria faced when Discord was in power. Our world searched for heroes, but none were found until two people of unknown power came forth with six gems and banished Discord to a prison of stone. Those two people were the princesses of course. I see so much of my home in this world.

Andrew keeps thinking that we're being watched by something, but it's always when we're alone together. I don't think he's crazy paranoid, even I feel those eyes on me from time to time.

Well during the movies I snuggled up next to him and he didn't shy away nor did he ask me to move or anything like that. They say there is the "rule of patterns," it states that the first instance of an event is an event, the second is a coincidence, and the third (and subsequent) ones are a pattern. I cuddled up with Andrew during every movie and the same thing happened each time, he didn't care. In fact tonight he placed his arm across my shoulders when we were watching the final installment of The Hobbit. This makes me really happy, I think we both agree, at least non-verbally, that we do like each other.


August 30, 2020

The weirdest thing happened today, my hairbrush just disappeared. Now you may think that this is normal and that I just misplaced that little fucker, but no it just DISAPPEARED right in front of me. As in one moment it was there and the next it wasn't. I come back from work and wouldn't you know it, it reappears right where i left it. Damn I must be going crazy. I'm starting to think it's all the processed food that Andrew eats and buys.


August 31, 2020

Yeah so today was a "holy shit!" day. Why? Well while watching the news one morning both Andrew and I were scared shitless as we heard voices coming from nowhere. In fact one of them sounded like Twilight Sparkle. All she said was that they were still working on a way for me to come home soon. They would try to breach the dimensional wall or something again when they have an idea of how much energy it'll take to bring me back. They tested it on a hairbrush, MY HAIRBRUSH, to have a baseline of how much power it'll take to transport inanimate objects. Thanks a lot guys for making me seem like a fucking nutcase.

She also said that they'd try later with a mouse to see how much power it will take for living things to breach the "wall" as the one named Pinkie Pie called it. On the topic of weirdness Pinkie said before they faded out was that I should beware, and I quote, the next chapter. It absolutely made no sense at all! Why that girl isn't in an insane asylum is beyond me, or at least on meds.


September 5, 2020

Something's not right, I feel like I'm being watched. At work tonight I swore I saw someone watching me from the slot machines. Not the regular kind of watching where a player would watch me to see if I was dealing a hot table or not, but a type of staring that creeps you out. Hopefully it's just someone who's taken a liking to me and not something worse.


September 7, 2020

Well payday was today and I got an earlier shift. A nice bonus since I got to go home early. I booted up Andrew's old game console, what was it? Oh right the Xbox-something or another. I played a game called Halo 7, and it was weird. Well I enjoyed playing it, I just thought that the story was weird. When I asked Andrew about it he said that I'd have to play the previous games to understand it.

I seem to have gotten off topic again. Where was I? Oh right. I think I'm being followed by someone in a car. I could just be getting paranoid, but it's been happening for the last two days that I'm going to tell Andrew when I see him tomorrow at his work.

Author's Note:

Part 2 of Spitfire's continuing diary entries.
Yes I bash Elvis impersonators, because nothing beats the original.
I sort of reference my favorite spy show Burn Notice, and one of my favorite quotes from said show: "Guns make you stupid, duct tape makes you smart." A secondary reference to it would be the opening from the show about the "burned spy."
I, like the Spitfire that I've portrayed in these entries, believe in the "rule of threes."
Yes I do make Pinkie break the fourth wall there, I promise not to do it too often, just occasionally when it makes sense or something comedic needs to happen due to the situation that has been set up.
I would like to believe I caught all my errors. If I didn't shout it out in the comments or PM me and I'll take care of it ASAP.

PreviousChapters Next