• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 15,431 Views, 298 Comments

The Lost Prince Returns - Robobrony



The long lost little brother of the royal sisters has finally come home.

  • ...
20
 298
 15,431

Chapter 14: Dawn Light's Holidays

Chapter 14: Dawn Light’s Holidays

Celestia sat at a desk in her study as she tapped a quill to her chin she held with her magic. She was so deep in thought, she failed to notice two ponies approach her. “Hello dear, what are you up to?” The queen asked as she approached.

Celestia turned her head to see the king and queen standing before her. “Hello mother, father, I’m just trying to think of a holiday to put together to celebrate Dawn’s return.”

“What a splendid idea Celestia.” Solaris said.

“I thought so too, though I haven’t had much luck in doing so ever since I said me and my sister would do so to the press.” Celestia stated.

“Why not have Dawn help you? Since this holiday is meant for him and to celebrate him returning to the family, why not have him help with it?” Cosma asked.

“Knowing Dawn, he’ll probably make it out to be nothing more than eating sweets.” Celestia said with a smile.

“Would not.” Dawn Light protested as he suddenly poked his head out from behind Solaris’s neck.

“Hello little brother, how are you doing?” Celestia greeted casually, un-phased by Dawn’s sudden appearance.

Dawn gave a smile in return. “Hey big sis, still trying to come up with a holiday for me huh?”

“Yes, but as I said, it’s not easy coming up with a new holiday.” Celestia stated.

“I’ve been thinking about it myself.” Dawn said. He flew off his father’s back and hovered in front of Celestia.

“Oh? Have you?” Solaris asked.

“Yep.” Dawn answered as he looked to his dad. “I was thinking, why not have it the day after Winter Wrap up? Give every pony a chance to relax after working hard to wrap up winter?”

“That’s actually not a bad idea son.” Cosma said. “Winter Wrap up is a lot of work for everypony and we don’t exactly have a holiday to celebrate spring.”

“That does sound like a good idea.” Celestia agreed. She nuzzled Dawn. “You are so smart little brother.”

Dawn gave a squee with a grin. He brought his hooves back down to the ground. “So, I think that for this holiday, it should be a day where every town has a huge party outside with streamers and balloons and all kinds of sweets and food, an outdoor celebration.”

“My boy, that sounds wonderful.” Solaris said.

“It does sound perfect, a perfect way to not only celebrate something wonderful, but to enjoy the day as well.” Celestia said. She wrote down all Dawn had said about this holiday. “Now we just need a name for it.”

“How about Dawn’s Day?” Luna suggested. The group turned to see Luna standing at the doorway with a smile. “Hello everypony.”

“Hey big sis.” Dawn greeted as he trotted over to give her a hug.

Luna gave a hug in return. “How is my favorite little brother doing?”

“I’m fine, but I’m your only little brother.” Dawn pointed out.

Luna tickled Dawn’s belly as she responded. “That’s why you’re my favorite.”

Dawn giggled as Luna tickled him. “Heh heh, st-stop it, ha ha th-that tickles.”

Luna ceased her assault.

“Dawn’s day…” Celestia said to herself. “Why not, Dawn’s day it is. Coming up with a holiday wasn’t as hard as I thought it was.”

Dawn flew over to Celestia with Luna walking up behind him. “That’s cause you had me to do the thinking. I am such a genius.” He proudly proclaimed as he puffed out his chest.

“Oh really?” Luna asked with a cocked eyebrow. “Well Mr. smarty pants, did you know there is a holiday coming up soon in just a couple days?”

Dawn turned to Luna. “Really?” He asked with a smile.

Cosma seemed to frown a little. “Oh right, that holiday.”

Solaris picked up on his wife’s drop in mood. “Dear, what’s wrong? Do you still hate that holiday?”

“Of course I do, how can you not when it’s a holiday centered around the monster one of our daughters turned into.” Cosma protested.

“Dear, it’s a very popular holiday and is a lot of fun.” Solaris argued with a smile.

“I still don’t like it.” Cosma protested again.

“Luna likes it.” Solaris pointed out.

“Excuse me, but could you all let me in on what this holiday is and what you all are talking about?” Dawn asked as he looked his family over with an unamused expression.

Celestia took to Dawn’s side and placed a wing on his back as she began to explain. “Dawn Light, the holiday we are all talking about is called Nightmare Night. It centers around the theme of when Luna became Nightmare Moon.”

“You mean that mean mare that wanted to shroud the land in eternal night?” Dawn asked.

“Yes little brother, the one and same.” Luna answered. “And even though it is centered around one of my weaker moments, I still enjoy it for it is a time when I get to shine.”

“It’s a night when all the ponies dress up in costumes and have a celebration.” Celestia leaned in more and practically whispered into Dawn’s ear for the next part. “The young ones even get free candy.”

Dawn’s face lit up at the mention of free candy. “Free candy?” The two sisters nodded. “AWESOME!”

“Dawn?” Luna said to get his attention. “How would you like to accompany me for Nightmare Night when I take my trip to Ponyville, I celebrate it every year there with the ponies of Ponyville.”

“I would love to!” Dawn cheered.

“Wonderful, then you’ll need to get yourself a costume.” Luna said. “You can be whatever you want to be for Nightmare Night.”

Dawn thought for a while on what he wanted to be. He wanted to be something scary for the holiday so he went through his mind on the books he had read about the creatures of Equestria, both real and mythical. After a minute, he finally came to a decision. “OOH OOH, I know what I want to be! A gargoyle.”

“A gargoyle?” Cosma asked.

“Yeah, I read about them in a mythical creatures book.” Dawn pointed out. “They’re supposed be bad and mean and scary.” Dawn got low to the ground with a menacing look as he tried to make himself look like he would attack.

“I think that would be interesting.” Solaris pointed out. “Any idea where we might be able to find a costume like that though?” He asked everypony in the room.

“Perhaps Rarity can help.” Celestia suggested. “I understand that she is not only a wonderful dress maker, but she also makes costumes for Nightmare Night for ponies.”

“A splendid idea sister, I shall escort Dawn to Rarity’s and ask her about it.” Luna said. “Father, mother, are you all right with this?”

“Of course Luna.” Solaris said with a smile.

“As long as it makes my little boy happy, I’m fine with it.” Cosma added as she scooped Dawn up in a hug.

The two nuzzled a moment before Cosma set Dawn down. Dawn Light walked over to Luna. “So when can we go see Rarity about making me a costume?”

“We can leave now, I can teleport us there in no time.” Luna answered.

“Great, I’m ready to go.” Dawn expressed with a hop.

Luna looked over her family. “We shall return shortly.” She lit up her horn and received goodbyes before allowing herself and Dawn to teleport away.

In a flash of blue, Luna and Dawn appeared in front of Rarity’s boutique. Luna lead the way in as Dawn skipped in as he followed his big sister. A small bell rang as the door opened. “Just a moment!” Rarity’s voice called out. She soon emerged from a staircase and gasped in surprise upon seeing her guests. “Princess Luna, prince Dawn Light, what a pleasure to see you again.” She bowed.

“Hello miss Rarity, a pleasure as always.” Luna responded.

“Hi Rarity.” Dawn greeted with his signature bright smile and a waving of a hoof.

Once she rose from her bow, she addressed the royal siblings before her. “To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?”

Luna explained. “As you know, Nightmare Night is coming up soon and this will be Dawn’s first. We have come to you this day to request your services in making a costume for Dawn Light.”

Rarity’s smile grew more. “You want me to design a costume for you?” She asked as she looked to Dawn.

“Yep, I want to be a gargoyle. Can you do it?” Dawn asked.

“But of course your majesty, it would be an honor. I promise to do my best in designing your costume. But first I need to take your measurements, then I can get started on it. If you would be so kind as to follow me.” Rarity started for the stairs.

Luna and Dawn followed as Rarity led them upstairs to her work room. Rarity had Dawn Light stand in front of her to take measurements while Luna sat to the side. “So Dawn, this is your first Nightmare Night, I do hope you’ll enjoy yourself. Sweetie Belle absolutely adores it. Last year, she dressed up as a vampoy. She looked so cute.” Rarity cooed.

“Well I want to look scary.” Dawn said as he made his voice sound raspy. Luna let out a giggle at Dawn.

“And scary you will look your majesty.” Rarity said with a smile. She continued with her measurements and soon finished. “All right Dawn, you can move now.”

“Okay. So how long will it take for my costume to be ready?” Dawn asked.

Rarity looked to Dawn as she answered. “I should have it ready by tomorrow morning.”

Dawn’s smile grew at the answer. “So soon? Wow, thanks Rarity.” He trotted up to her and gave her a hug.

Rarity smiled as she hugged back. “You’re welcome, I’m just happy to help.”

The two broke their embrace as Luna walked up to them. “Rarity, I thank you as well for your services, you will be compensated for thus and we will not take no for an answer.” Luna stated firmly with a smile.

“Very well, I’d be more than happy to do this for free since it’s for a friend, but if you insist.” Rarity responded.

Dawn hovered up off the ground a bit. “Great, I can’t wait to see it. We’ll see you tomorrow then Rarity, and thanks again.”

“Sorry to cut this visit short but we must get back to the castle.” Luna said with a bow.

“Of course your majesty, see you tomorrow then.” Rarity said as she bowed back.

Dawn gave one last wave good bye before Luna teleported them away.

It was the afternoon of Nightmare Night and the royal family, minus Dawn Light, was gathered together in the throne room as they waited for the young prince to wish him a fun time with Luna out on his first Nightmare Night. Luna was wearing a dark hooded cloak with the hood down. What they failed to notice was a small shadow creeping through the throne room as it hid behind the pillars and potted plants, doing its best to keep from being noticed by the royals as it crept closer and closer.

It crawled up the side of a pillar with murderous intent bent on taking on one of the royals. It chanced a peek from behind the pillar it clung to with its sharp claws. It’s eye gleamed as it spotted its target, the queen of Equestria. The thing snickered to itself as it continued on unnoticed. It flew overhead to another pillar, then crawled down and moved over to another plant and hid behind it.
It was so close now it could smell its prey. The family was still unaware of its presence. It snuck its way behind the thrones and eyed its target hungrily. It waited, its tail wagging with anticipation at its successful strike. Then, when it felt the time was right, it jumped over Celestia’s throne and roared out as it pounced for the queen. “GARGOYLE ATTACK!” The creature called out.

“Oh no, we are all doomed!” The queen cried out.

The creature latched onto the queen’s neck and bit down on her. The queen fell to the ground on her side, dead. The creature laughed manically at its victory.

Celestia and Luna couldn’t help but laugh at the display.

“Victory is mine, now the world will bow to my darkness!” Dawn cried out dramatically as made his voice sound raspy and evil.

“Very funny Dawn.” Solaris said.

“Did I surprise you all?” Dawn asked excitedly.

Cosma rose from her position and stayed on her belly as she looked to her son. “A little actually.”

Dawn Light was wearing a full body costume complete with a mask that covered all but the lower half of his muzzle. His hooves had fake claws on each. Luna used a spell to make Dawn’s wings look more like a gargoyle instead of feathery much to his delight. His whole costume gave him the look and appearance of a gargoyle as the costume looked to have a stony texture.

“I sure look scary don’t I?” Dawn asked.

Cosma stood up completely. “Awe, don’t you just look cute.” She cooed.

Dawn pouted. “Cute? I’m not supposed to look cute, I’m supposed to look scary, I’m a terrifying gargoyle.” He crossed his forelegs as he sat on his haunches. He turned to his dad. “Dad, your with me on this right?”

Solaris gave a chuckle. “Sorry son, but in the eyes of a mother, no matter what, their son will always look cute to them. And to be honest, it’s the same with the father too.”

“Awe.” Dawn looked to his sisters. “Celly, Lulu, you think I look scary don’t you?” He asked with hope in his eyes.

Celestia let out a giggle before respoinding. “Indeed you do little brother, the most terrifying gargoyle I’ve seen.”

Luna gave a smile as she gave her answer. “Indeed little brother, you do look quit the fright, I’d say you’re sure to give a few ponies a good scare.”

Dawn smiled at the answer. “Yes. See mom, I told you.”

Luna then had a thought. “Say, Dawn Light, would you like to help me with the entrance I usually make when I go to Ponyville?”

Dawn smiled at Luna’s suggestion. “Sure, what do you have in mind?”

“I’ll explain on the way, come, I must raise the moon then we will be on our way.” Luna explained. She made her way to one of the windows in the throne room and worked her magic to raise the moon and set it on its path. Luna walked back and got ready to leave before she was stopped by her mother’s words.

“Now Luna, you make sure Dawn doesn’t eat too much candy where he’ll get a tummy ache. And make sure he doesn’t get too scared.” Cosma said.

Luna took to Dawn’s side and ushered him along with a wing. “Yes mother, don’t worry, I’ll make sure he has a wonderful time.”

“Also, don’t stay out too late……and remember to check the candy!” Cosma called out.

Solaris walked up to his wife and placed a wing on her back. “Don’t worry dear, this isn’t the first time she’s watched over Dawn. In case you forgot, she and Celestia have been taking care of him since his return while we were away.”

Celestia came up to Cosma’s other side. “Mother, I promise it will be fine.”

“I know, I just want to make sure he has a good time. While I did want to spend this holiday with him, I figured it would be best to let him do this with Luna as well. Though I’m NOT missing out on the other holidays with my son.” She stated firmly. “We have so much time to catch up on.”

“Don’t worry dear, we’ll be here for a good long while before we have to go continent jumping again. We’ll get to spend all the holidays with him and then some.” Solaris informed.

Dawn Light sat next to Luna in her open carriage that was pulled by a pair of bat ponies. Luna had her hood up now to cover her face. Dawn was eagerly awaiting to play his part Luna came up with. He was to act like a real monster like how he did back in the throne room.

They soon neared the town of Ponyville and Luna used her magic to begin her act. She made the clouds swirl, the wind pick up and lightning to go off. It startled Dawn some but he felt safe with his big sister. The bat ponies pulled the chariot through the swirling clouds and over the middle of Ponyville where most of its citizens were gathered. Luna floated down and landed while Dawn jumped from the chariot and landed with a thud. He had a crazed look in his eye as he looked around. He hovered up and quickly zipped around Luna as she slowly walked forward. Dawn was laughing like a crazy pony, eyeing each pony he say with one eye half lided.

Some of the ponies looked scared while some of the other ponies bowed with a look of fear. Dawn quickly zipped over to a couple of ponies bowing and landed in front of them. His sudden appearance caused them to back up quickly. He flew back to Luna who finally removed her hood to reveal her face. Dawn stood next to her keeping up his act.

Luna addressed the ponies in her royal Canterlot voice. “CITIZENS OF PONYVILLE, BEHOLD, IT IS I, THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT, I HAVE BROUGHT WITH ME MY NEWEST MINION, FEAR HIM OR ELSE!”

“Yes, fear me, fear me.” Dawn repeated sounding crazy. He flew up and zipped around Luna again a couple times.
The crowed of ponies started to cheer and applaud at the entrance. Luna smiled and bowed. Dawn Light dropped his act and started laughing up a storm. He had fun with that. “HA ha ha, oh wow that was fun. Thanks for letting me be a part of that big sis.”

“You are welcome little brother, I’m glad you enjoyed yourself.” Luna responded with a smile.

“Did you see the looks on those ponies faces when I flew right up to them? That was great.” Dawn said again.

“Dawn Light?” Twilight’s voice asked from the right.

Dawn Light looked over and saw the element bearers and Spike together. “Hey guys, what’s up?” He asked as he trotted over to them with Luna close behind.

“Whoa, what in tarnation are you wearin there partner?” Applejack asked with an impressed look. “Just what in the hay are ya supposed ta be?” She was wearing a straw hat, a red and white plaid shirt with overalls and hay sticking out of the sleeves and around the neck hole.

“Pretty cool costume huh? Rarity made it for me.” Dawn informed.

During the whole performance, Rarity had a smile on her face. When Dawn said Rarity made it, all eyes fell on her. “Whoa, why didn’t you tell us you made a costume for Dawn?” Rainbow asked. She was wearing a Daring Do costume.

“Dawn light did send me a letter asking me to keep the costume thing a secret until he showed up in Ponyville.” Rarity informed. She was wearing an old fashioned looking white dress with her mane up in a bun. She had on white hoof gloves and pearl ear rings.

“Yeah, I wanted to surprise you guys with my visit and to show off this amazing costume Rarity made me.” Dawn informed.

“Gosh, it does look good, though….a bit scary.” Fluttershy said. She was wearing a butterfly costume. Her wings were covered by yellow and pink butterfly Styrofoam wings and a pair of black antennae on her head.

Dawn got closer so the others could see his costume. “Wow Rarity, you did do a good job, if I didn’t know anybetter, I wouldn’t know that was Dawn Light.” Twilight said. She was wearing a black pointy hat with a long black cape and dress.

“No kidding, she even did a good job with the wings, they look so real.” Spike commented. He was wearing a Viking costume.

Rarity gained a confused look from Spike’s comment. “Whatever do you mean? I didn’t do anything for the wings.”

It was then Luna decided to inform the others. “I used a simple illusion spell to make Dawn’s wings look more like that of a gargoyle so it would be a bit more convincing.”

“Cool.” Rainbow complimented.

Dawn suddenly had an idea. “Oh, hey ,where’s Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo? I wanna see if I can surprise them and give them a bit of a scare.”

“Dawn Light.” Twilight said waringly.

“Aw lighten up Twilight, I think that would be a great idea, he could really give them a good scare.” Dash said with a snicker. “Oh man, that would be a great prank. Hey, can I help out, I can help you find them.” Dash then added.

Dawn Light looked to Luna. “Can I big sis, I know this was supposed to be our time together, but I would like to see my friends…and see if I can give them a bit of a scare for fun.”

Luna gave a smile. “I don’t see why not, go with Rainbow Dash and find your friends, but try not to scare them too badly.” Luna finished with a wink.

“Come on kiddo, uh, your majesty.” Rainbow quickly corrected. She picked Dawn up and placed him on her back.

“Come on Dash, you don’t need to be formal with me.” Dawn Light wrapped his hooves around Dash’s neck.

“If you say so, hang on.” Rainbow took off like a shot to begin the search for the CMC.

Dawn cried out in joy as Rainbow flew at high speed over the town. “WOO HOO!” His cries of joy could be heard by the ponies below. Rainbow Dash came to rest on a cloud and spotted the three fillies they were looking for walking down a path lined with bushes and trees. Dawn got off Dash’s back and sat next to her on the cloud. “There they are.” He whispered.

Scootaloo was wearing a wonderbolts costume complete with goggles, Sweetie Belle was dressed like an old fashioned princess with a pink dress and pointy hat, and Apple Bloom was wearing a cow costume. They each had a bag of candy hanging around their necks.

“So what’s the plan? How ya gonna scare them?” Dash asked with a grin.

“I figured I’d just jump down there and roar at them.” Dawn answered as he looked up at Dash.

“That’s it? Just jump down there in front of them suddenly? That’s no fun.” Rainbow Dash started looking around the area and thought up an idea. “Okay, here’s what you do.” Dash started whispering in Dawn’s ear to give him a plan.

“Uh huh….yeah…oh that is good. All right then, let’s do it.” Dawn quietly flew down and hid just behind a bush the three had passed. Dash stayed on the cloud to watch. Rainbow snickered to herself at her idea. When Dawn landed behind the bush, he made the leaves rustle.

Scootaloo quickly turned around. “Did you guys hear that?” She asked.

“Hear what?” Sweetie Belle asked back.

“I didn’t hear nothin.” Apple Bloom responded.

Scootaloo turned her eyes towards Apple Bloom.“I thought I heard something behind us.”

“It was probably just the wind.” Sweetie reasoned.

Dash was snickering on her cloud. “Heh heh, perfect start.”

Dawn Light held his hooves to his mouth as he snickered already. He chanced a peek and saw the three continuing their walk. He began to creep along and zipped to a bush on the other side a little closer to the three. He rustled the leaves on purpose.

“There it is again.” Scootaloo said as she looked behind her. “I’m tellin ya I hear something.”

“I think I heard it too.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Awe yer just hearin things. It’s probably an animal er somethin.” Apple Bloom argued.

Rainbow Dash flew over to a tree that was just behind the bush and used her talent to make scary animal noises by making a low growling noise. The three fillies stopped and hunkered together. “Okay, that time I heard somethin.” Apple Bloom said as she hugged Scootaloo.

“W-what do you think that was?” Sweetie asked who was also hugging Scootaloo.

Scootaloo had both hooves around her friends. “I don’t know.”

Dawn Light snuck around and ruffled another bush. The three fillies started shaking visibly in fear as their eyes were glued to the bush that shook. Rainbow Dash made another low growl. Dawn Light made it so only his eyes could be seen through the bush by using his magic to make a hole in it. He held the leaves and branches apart with his magic and stared at the fillies.

“Um, Apple Bloom, do you s-see what I see?” Scootaloo asked.

“Yeah *Gulp* but what is it?” Apple Bloom asked.

“I’m scared, shouldn’t we try to run?” Sweetie offered.

Dawn decided now was the time. He jumped out of the bush and stood on his hind hooves with his forelegs raised just in front of the girls with a growl of his own. The three girls screamed out with their eyes closed. “AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!”

Once the three fillies finished their scream Dawn greeted them. “Hi girls.” Dawn suddenly said as he dropped to all fours.

The three fillies shot their eyes open at the sound of a familiar voice. “Huh?” They said in unison as they looked at the monster they were scared of.

“What’s up, happy Nightmare Night.” Dawn said.

“Dawn Light, is that you?” Apple Bloom asked with a raised eyebrow. The three fillies separated their huddled and stood up.

Dawn couldn’t contain himself as he started laughing. Rainbow Dash started doing the same from her position in a nearby tree. “What the hay Dawn, why’d you scare us like that?” Scootaloo asked as she glared at Dawn who was rolling on the ground holding his gut as he laughed.

“HA ha ha, you-you should have seen the looks on your face ha ha ha.”

Sweetie Belle was giving a glare of her own. “That wasn’t funny Dawn, you really scared us there.”

“Yeah, that wasn’t nice.” Apple Bloom said.

Dawn managed to calm down and saw the glares he was getting. His good mood was starting to drop. He stood up and had a small smile on his face. “Awe come on girls, it was just a joke. I was just wanting to have a bit of fun, this is my first Nightmare Night.”

“So? That doesn’t give you the right to scare us like that.” Apple bloom shot back.

Dawn Light started to frown and hang his head. Rainbow Dash finally emerged from the tree and took Dawn’s side. “Hey come on girls, it was a prank. Nightmare Night is the perfect night for pranks.” She pointed out.

“Rainbow Dash, you were in on this too?” Scootaloo asked.

“Yeah, I was just trying to help Dawn have a bit of fun. Come on girls, he didn’t mean anything by it.” Dash said with a sympathetic smile.

“I’m really sorry girls, I didn’t mean to scare you so bad.” Dawn said with sadness in his voice.

Rainbow put a wing on Dawn to try and comfort him.

The three fillies started to lose their glare. “Well…I guess it was kinda funny.” Scootaloo reasoned.

“Yeah, that was pretty good how you scared us like that.” Apple Bloom added.

“And that growling you did was pretty convincing. How did you do that anyway?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Dawn lifted his head with a small smile. “I didn’t do the growling, that was Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow gave a proud smile. “Heh, had ya fooled there didn’t I?”

Scootaloo buzzed her wings with a smile. “You sure did Rainbow Dash, it sounded so real." Afterwards, the three friends made up and Dawn went on to tell his friends about his costume. After, Rainbow Dash escorted Dawn back to his big sister Luna for some fun.

“Hello little brother, did you find your friends?” Luna asked as Dawn and Rainbow Dash approached.

“I did, and I gave them a good scare too with Rainbow Dash’s help.” His smile shrank a bit. “They were mad at me for it at first but we made up after.”

“I am pleased to hear it.”

“Well, you two have fun then, I’m gonna go have some fun of my own.” Rainbow Dash stated. “See ya later princy.” Rainbow said with a hoof wave as she flew off.

“So sister, what games are there to play here?” Dawn asked.

“Come, I think I know the perfect game for you to try first.” Luna said as she started to lead Dawn away. She soon led Dawn to a table with a bowl of fake spiders and a web set up. “This is one of my favorites.” Luna stated. “All you need do is toss the spider on the web. The closer you get to the center, the better your prize.”

“Wow, it does look like fun.” Dawn said. He walked up to the mare working the stand who was dressed up like a mummy. She had a hot pink coat with a yellow mane and tail. Her cutie mark was of cherries, but it was partly covered because of the wrappings around her. “May I?” Dawn asked the mare.

She bowed in return. “Of course your highness.” She took a spider from the bowl and presented it to Dawn.

Dawn took the spider in his hooves and walked up to the line where he would be tossing from. He closed one eye and stuck his tongue out the side of his mouth. A few ponies had gathered to see the young prince make his attempt. Dawn Light gave the spider a toss, it ended up landing just short of the web. “Rats.” He said as he swished a foreleg in front of himself.

Luna giggled. “Hm hm, try again Dawn.”

The mare offered him another spider. The crowd started to cheer for him. “Come on prince, you can do it!” One stallion called.

“Go Dawn go!” A mare called out.

“You can do it Dawn Light!” Twilight called out. Apparently, she had joined the crowd.

Dawn looked around and saw the smiling faces of the citizens rooting him on. His smile grew and his determination was set. He took careful aim with the spider and gave it a toss. This time, he landed it on the web but just below the center. The crowd cheered for Dawn. “HA, not bad for my first time at this game huh?”

Luna came up next to Dawn. “Well played little brother, though I managed to land it at the center the second time myself.”

“Here you go your majesty.” The mare said as she presented him with a bag that had a few pieces of candy in it. She placed it around his neck.

Dawn gave a smile. “Thank you miss.”

“Come Dawn, I will take you to my next favorite game, probably my most favorite.” Luna led Dawn onward to another game. She led him to a series of small catapults set up with pumpkins ready to be launched. Some wooden walls with red targets were set up in the distance as well.

“Oooh, what’s this game sister?” Dawn asked.

Luna began to explain the game. “This is the pumpkin launcher game. You put a pumpkin in the catapult and try to hit the targets.”

“That does sound like fun. I want to try.” Dawn scurried over to the pile of pumpkins and picked one out. He first tried to lift it with his magic. “Come on….come on….” He strained. He managed to lift the thing a couple inches off the ground but couldn’t move it. “*Whew* That thing is heavy.” It was soon enveloped in a blue aura of magic.

“Here little brother, let me help you.” Luna said, she moved the pumpkin onto a catapult.

Dawn Light gave a grateful smile. “Thanks Luna.” He walked over to the catapult and leapt up to grab it and try to pull it down. “Hng, hrr, come on you….” Dawn hung from it as he struggled to pull it down.

Luna rolled her eyes with a smile. The ponies nearby watched the scene as the young prince tried to use the catapult. Luna walked over and pushed it down with a hoof. Dawn looked up and gave another grateful smile which Luna returned. “On three Dawn Light. Ready? One…two…three.” Together, they both removed their hooves and sent the pumpkin flying through the air. Dawn Light got worried the pumpkin wouldn’t make it, but was rewarded with a satisfying splat as it hit a target dead center.

“Bulls eye!” Dawn cheered. The other ponies around cheered as well. He was rewarded with enough candy to fill his bag halfway. “Sweet, I’m liking this holiday big sister.”

“I thought you would.” Luna stated. The night went on as Dawn Light had fun with his sister, enjoying his first Nightmare Night, dancing, and getting loads of candy. It was starting to get late and Dawn was showing signs of being tired as he started to yawn.
Dawn finally partied himself out. Luna picked Dawn up with her magic and placed him on her back. He had fallen asleep then and there. Luna said her goodbyes to the ponies on Dawn’s behalf and thanked them for a fun time. She teleported herself and Dawn back to the castle. She appeared in Celestia’s study where her sister and parents were waiting. “Hello everypony.” She greeted.

“So how did it go? Did Dawn have fun?” Cosma asked.

Luna turned to her side. “Look and tell me what you think.” Dawn Light was sound asleep with a smile on his face and a bag full of candy around his neck. Luna used her magic to gently remove Dawn’s mask.

“Looks like he had a good time.” Solaris said with a smile.

“Try a wonderful time.” Luna corrected. “He had so much fun he wore himself out.”

“Awe.” Cosma cooed. “I’ll go tuck him into bed then. Thank you for showing Dawn a good time Luna.” She hugged her daughter and took Dawn Light into her magic grasp and gently placed him on her back.

Once Cosma reached Dawn’s room, she gently removed his bag of treats and the rest of his costume, placed him into bed and tucked him in. She sent the candy and costume onto Dawn’s vanity mirror, then leaned down and gave him a kiss on the forehead. “Goodnight my little monster.” She whispred. Dawn shifted a little in his sleep. Cosma made her way out the room and gently closed the door behind her to let her son sleep.