• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 15,414 Views, 298 Comments

The Lost Prince Returns - Robobrony



The long lost little brother of the royal sisters has finally come home.

  • ...
20
 298
 15,414

Chapter 27: Dawn's Birthday Bash And A Fond Farewell

Dawn’s Birthday Bash And a Fond Farewell.

Dawn Light’s time in the void was far behind him now. He was adjusting to his life back home with his family. He had found new friends and family and was reunited with his beloved sisters and parents. He had helped Queen Chrysalis and the changeling race find peace with the ponies as they were now mingling with one another. And just now, he had returned after having an adventure in another world where he met human versions of his pony friends that live in Ponyville and are the bearers of the elements of harmony. Not only that, but helped to possibly begin the reforming of a trio of sirens.

Twilight and Dawn, along with Aria, Sonata, and Adagio made their way to the portal back to their world and said goodbye to everyone. They all passed through and came out the other end. Twilight and Dawn were back to being ponies and the sirens….they looked like a cross between a pony and a sea horse. “Girls, we’re our old selves again.” Adagio pointed out.

“Hey, we are!” Sonata said cheerfully. “I’m actually going to miss having hands.

“I’m actually kind of glad.” Aria said.

“Wow, so this is what you three used to look like then?” Dawn asked.

“Indeed. Magnificent, no?” Adagio asked taking a proud pose.

“Now listen you three, I’m putting a lot of trust in you. So I’m asking that you not go back to your evil ways and use your talents to control others.” Twilight said.

“Oh please, we lost that power thanks to you and those human friends of yours remember?” Adagio said. “Besides…I think I’m willing to try and be famous the usual way.” She said as she looked to Dawn with a smirk.

“Glad to hear it.” Dawn said.

“You three are welcome to live here in my castle for now.” Twilight suggested.

“Really?” Sonata said. “Thank you!” She suddenly took Twilight in a tight hug.

“You’re….welcome.” Twilight strained out.

Dawn couldn’t help but giggle a little at the scene.

“Could you…let me go now?” Twilight asked.

Sonata released her hold on Twilight.

Twilight looked to Spike once she caught her breath. “Spike, send a letter to the princesses please and let them know we have returned.”

“You got it.” Spike said with a salute and waddled off to fetch a parchment and quill.

As soon as Spike sent the message, Celestia, Luna, Solaris and Cosma appeared in a flash of magic. Cosma was the first to scoop Dawn up in a tight hug and rocked him back and forth. “Oooooh, my little baby, I was so worried about you. I thought something awful could have happened. Thank the heavens you’re safe and sound.”

“Hi…mom.” Dawn struggled as he too suffered a tight hug. “Can’t….breath.”

“Easy hun, or you’ll suffocate him.” Solaris gently warned.

Cosma loosened her grip but still held him. “Sorry son, I was just so worried.”

“I’m fine mom, I actually had fun in that other world. I got to meet the human versions of the element bearers and they looked after me while I was there till Twilight and Spike came.”

Solaris looked to Twilight with a smile. “Thank you for helping our son. We owe you big time for this.”

“I’m just glad he’s okay.” Twilight said.

“How did you even get into that world in the first place?” Cosma asked as she looked down at her son.

“Well…” Dawn began telling of his little accident in the middle of the night and how he stumbled through the portal.

The sirens had just stayed silent and waited to be addressed. Solaris was the first as he turned his attention to them and approached them with a straight face. He towered over them with his height. “So, you must be the three sirens I heard about that caused trouble a few hundred years ago, yes?”

The sirens actually seemed intimidated by the king. “Um, yes sire, that’s us.” Sonata replied.

Solaris just stared at them for a bit which made the three sirens sweat. Finally, he gave a smile. “Well then, welcome back to Equestria. My son thinks you three deserve a second chance. You better prove him right or we’ll send you someplace where there will be no coming back.”

“Understood sire.” Aria said.

“Good.” Solaris turned and walked back to his wife while Dawn said hello to his sisters.

After Solaris had come back to his wife’s side, Dawn came up to the sirens and looked up at them with his signature smile. “Sorry about my dad. He’s a little protective of me after what had happened.”

“No worries, perfectly understandable.” Sonata replied.

And so, the sirens were back in Equestria with a temporary place until they could get one of their own. Weeks went by as they began their little musical group using their singing talents to entertain ponies and were slowly becoming famous around Ponyville. The dazzlings were starting to grow to like Dawn a bit more after what he did for them and how he was always praising them for their talent. Slowly, even Aria was starting to warm up and break out a little of that cold shell of hers. She couldn’t help herself around Dawn. She was just no match for his charms. So they ended up becoming good friends as well which only helped their career as singers.

After having been in that void, Dawn had completely forgotten a certain something. His own birthday. It was coming up soon and because of him forgetting, that made it easy to plan a surprise birthday party and Pinky was called in to plan it in secret.

Pinky had thought ahead to invite not just Discord, and the CMC, but also asked the dazzlings to perform for the entertainment. Pinky had also invited a special guest for Dawn to meet. One he was sure to be excited to see.

The day finally came for his party and Blue Blood was leading Dawn to the ball room where the party was being held. His pet toucan Tooky was roosting on his back. “Blue Blood, just what is going on? I can’t help but feel something is up.” Dawn said. “Everypony has been acting weird lately and I’m getting worried.”

“Sorry uncle, but I promise it will all be clear once we reach the ball room.” Blue Blood said.

They reached the doors to the ball room. “If you say so.” Dawn responsed.

Blue Blood opened the doors and Dawn was greeted with a big shout. “SURPRISE! Happy birthday Dawn!” Everypony in the room shouted. Discord, Dawn’s parents and sisters, the CMC, Twilight, Spike, Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Cadence, Shining Armor, Dawn’s four personal guards, Skript, queen Chrysalis, Crystal, a few changeling guards, and the dazzlings all shouted.

The room was decorated with streamers and balloons with tables set up holding treats and all kinds of games were in different areas of the room along with party hats on the table. There was even a very large seven layer cake as well. “Wow, what is all this? Birthday?”

Pinky bounded up to Dawn with her usual big grin. “That’s right, this is your surprise birthday party silly.” She giggled with a snort.

“My birthday?” Dawn asked with a quizzical look which was soon replaced with a look of realization. “Of course, I had completely forgotten about it. All this is for me?”

“Of course Dawn, this is your birthday party after all.” Celestia said with a smile.

Dawn smiled big with a little tear forming. “Thank you, this all looks so amazing.”

“Glad to hear it, so you ready to have some fun?” Twilight asked with a sly smile.

“You bet!” Dawn cheered.

“Not so fast.” Pinkie said in a sing song voice. “There’s one more surprise for you.”

“Really? What is it?” Dawn asked as he jumped for joy.

“It’s right over here.” Pinkie said as every pony stepped aside to reveal a giant present. “Just pull the ribbon and it will open up.”

Dawn trotted up to the large gift box and pulled on the ribbon. Just as Pinkie said, the box fell open with a spray of confetti to the sides and gasped as he saw who was standing there. “No way….it can’t be.”

Standing before Dawn was a pegasus mare with a sandy coat and beige shirt and pith helmet with a compass for a cutie mark. Her mane and tail were monochrome with different shades of grey up to black. “Hey there, I heard it was some special pony’s birthday and they liked Daring Do.” Said the adventurous mare.

Dawn’s wings unfolded from his sides in excitement. “Daring Do, you’re real?”

“That’s right. My friends here asked me to come because they said you really like my stories.” Daring said.

“Are you kidding? I LOVE your stories! The adventure, the action, the drama, it’s all so cool!” Dawn cheered.

Daring walked up to Dawn. “Well, I’m here to help make your day all the more special.”

Dawn’s grin grew more, closed his eyes, and was practically dancing on his tippy hooves. “Eeeeeheehee!” He stopped and looked to the six element bearers. “I don’t believe this. How do you know Daring Do?”

“We had an adventure of our own with her recently.” Twilight informed.

“You did?” Dawn asked wide eyed.

“That’s right, and I have something to prove it.” Daring said as she reached into her satchel and pulled out a rectangular object wrapped in blue wrapping paper and tied with a red ribbon. “Hope you like my latest story.”

Dawn snatched the present out of Daring’s hooves faster than a blink and tore into it. Once it was fully unwrapped, Dawn gasped with a smile as he looked at it. “No way! Daring Do and the Ring of Destiny! And you’re on the cover Rainbow!” Dawn turned it around to show the others.

Rainbow Dash smiled proudly. “Yep, I got a copy of the book before any pony else.”

“Look inside.” Daring said again.

Dawn opened the book and looked on the inside of the cover. “It’s signed too. This is the best birthday EVER!” Dawn yelled nearly slipping into his own royal Canterlot voice. He then zipped up to Daring and gave her a big hug. “Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!”

Daring gave a nervous smile at first, surprised at the hug, but soon changed to a genuine one and hugged Dawn back with one hoof. “No problem. Anything for a fan.”

The party was soon underway and Everypony started having fun. Dawn greeted all his friends and played a few games with each of them along with his family. Dawn received many other wonderful presents and was sure to show his gratitude towards those that gave them. Nearly halfway into the party, Dawn approached Daring. “Daring Do, so all those stories you wrote…were they all true?”

Daring smiled as she answered. “Yep, every word. Every villain and place you read about in my books are all real.”

“Oh wow, thinking about it, it’s kind of scary.” Dawn said.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. With me around, those crooks don’t stand a chance.” Daring said confidently with a smile.

Dawn smiled back. “Yeah, you’re right. You haven’t lost yet. So, could you tell me about one of your adventures? Reading them is fine, but I’d like to hear it straight from the pony’s mouth.”

“Sure, how about the newest one, the book I just gave you.” Daring suggested.

“Great, I’d love to hear it.” Dawn said and sat on his flank on the spot, ready to hear the tale.

Daring gave a daring smile and started telling the story. As she went on, the other ponies gathered around to hear it. Crystal snuggled up to Dawn. Daring told of how Twilight and her friends came to Daring’s house, and how she came under attack by Dr. Cabaleron.

Daring continued with how Rainbow followed her along. So the story went and Dawn hung on every word. At the end, Daring finished with her impression of Ahuizotle. “Curse you daring Do!” She said in a deep voice that made Dawn laugh. “And that’s how we saved the place.”

“Wow, that was a great story.” Dawn said.

“I’ll say, very riveting.” Crystal added.

With the story out of the way, the sirens took the stage and began their performance as well which got every pony dancing. Dawn already had a dancing partner, Crystal.

The party was a big success and every pony had a blast. Dawn especially. Near the end of the party, Dawn gave a big yawn as it was nearing time for the sun to set. “Awe, is my little colt tuckered out?” Cosma asked as she nuzzled Dawn.

“I am kind of tired.” Dawn responded with a sleepy gaze.

“Well considering you just had a big day, I’m not surprised.” Solaris responded.

“Come on birthday colt, let’s get you to bed.” Cosma gently lifted Dawn up in a foreleg.

“I’ll see to the guests.” Solaris said as his wife walked past him.

Cosma nodded as she continued.

“Good night dad.” Dawn said as he passed him.

“Good night son.” Solaris responded with a warm smile.

“Good night everypony, thanks again for a great party!” Dawn called.

“Good night Dawn!” The rest of the ponies responded.

A couple minutes later, Dawn was soon tucked in and ready to fall asleep. “Dawn, I’m sorry to say this but you have to know something. You’re father and I have to leave tomorrow.”

Dawn looked up with worry. “What, how come?”

Cosma gave a sad smile. “I’m sorry Dawn, but it’s about time for us to make our rounds to the neighboring countries to ensure peace. We’ve been home for a little over a year now and we have to go. I know you don’t want us to leave, but this is something we have to do. And it will take us a year to make our rounds before we can come back home again.”

Dawn sat up in his bed. “But you can’t, I don’t want you to go.”

Cosma frowned. “I know you don’t Dawn, but this is our duty as king and queen. I’m glad we were able to be here for as long as we were and celebrate the holidays with you, but now we have to leave to perform out duties. I promise we will be back.”

Dawn looked down sadly. “Okay.”

Cosma picked Dawn up in a gentle warm hug. “I’m sorry baby, I know you’ll miss us. And we’ll miss you too. Just know though that you have your sisters to look after you and be there for you if you need anything. And Skript and Discord will be here always too. Not to mention every other pony you’ve made friends with.”

Dawn gave a little sniffle. “Yeah, that’s true. I do have a lot of friends.”

“Just you wait, we’ll be back before you know it. A year will fly by just like that.” Cosma set Dawn back into bed, tucked him in with her magic and kissed him on the forehead. “Now get some sleep. We’ll still be here tomorrow so we can say goodbye.”

“All right, goodnight mom. I love you.”

“I love you too Dawn. Goodnight my little prince.”

Dawn slowly closed his eyes as he rested his head on his pillow. Cosma quietly snuck out of Dawn’s room and closed the door just as Dawn slipped into dream land.

The next day came around and everypony from the birthday yesterday was present to see the king and queen off. Cosma hugged her daughters first. “Now you too keep up the good work looking after Equestria.”

“We will mother.” Luna responded as she hugged Cosma.

Cosma moved to Celestia and hugged her. “And be sure to look after your little brother. We don’t want to lose him again while we’re gone.”

Celestia hugged Cosma as she responded. “Don’t worry. We’ll keep a close eye on him. We have a certain pony to do that as well if we can’t.” She whispered the last part.

Solaris moved in then and hugged both his daughters. “I’m going to miss my girls so much. You take care now.”

“Good bye father, we shall miss you both.” Luna said.

They broke the hug and both parents looked down at Dawn before picking him up in a loving hug. “Goodbye dear, you be careful, listen to your sisters, and don’t you dare disappear on us again while we’re gone.” Cosma stated.

Dawn had a few tears in his eyes. “I won’t mom, I promise. Please come home soon.”

“We’ll try to be back as soon as we can.” Solaris responded. “And we’ll be sure to send you all a letter each week so you can write back to us.” Solaris soon broke the hug, but Cosma was keeping it up.

She held him with both forelegs and held him close to her chest. It looked like she was ready to cry.

“Hun?” Solaris asked.

“Can’t we….take him with us?” Cosma asked.

“Cosma, he has so many friends here. It wouldn’t be right for us to keep him from them for a year. Besides, it would be boring for him. It’s best he stays here with his sisters.” Solaris informed.

Dawn was hugging back. “It’s okay mom, I’ll be fine. I promise.”

Cosma gave a heavy sigh and soon broke the hug and kissed Dawn on the forehead. “I’m going to miss you so much. Be good now.” She finally set him down and boarded the carriage with her husband. “Goodbye everypony. We’ll see you all in a year!” Cosma called out.

The carriage that was hooked up to a team of pegasi started to take off. “Goodbye everypony!” Solaris called out.

Daw n galloped a couple feet after the carriage, his eyes running with tears. “Bye mom! Bye dad! I’ll miss you!” As he watched the carriage fly off, it seemed to start getting blurry and out of focus. “Bye…” Then, it vanished. Dawn turned to the rest of the ponies as they were all smiling at him. “Good bye everypony, I’ll never forget you.” He said with a sad smile as they too started to fade out of focus and disappeared. Then, the whole area faded out until there was nothing but blackness around Dawn.

Dawn looked around sadly at his surrounding and gave a heavy sigh. “Going to be a long while before I can do this again. I’m going to need a long sleep.” He lay down, curled up, and closed his eyes, drifting off to a dreamless sleep until the next time he could rejoin his family for another fake reunion.















Dawn awoke with a start and a gasp as he sprang up in his bed panting and sweating. He looked around frantically. He was still in his room, still on his bed…….still at home. “MOM! DAD! SISTERS! ANYPONY!” Dawn cried out.

Luna was the first to enter a moment later as she flung Dawn’s door open. “Dawn Light, what is it?” She went up to his bed.

“Sister, I…I had a horrible nightmare.” Dawn took Luna in a hug that she returned with a foreleg and both wings. “Shh….it’s okay Dawn, it was just a dream.”

Celestia and their parents soon entered the room. “Is everything all right?” Celestia asked.

“What happened?” Solaris asked.

Luna answered as Dawn burined his muzzle in Luna’s chest. “Dawn said he had a nightmare.”

“Are you okay Daw, what was it about?” Celestia asked.

Dawn looked up from Luna’s embrace and retold the nightmare he had.

“Oh no, I thought you were over that.” Cosma said with a worried look.

Discord suddenly flashed in brandishing a bat while wearing socks and a night cap. “What is it, where’s the danger? I’ll knock any tresspassers a good one that would dare hurt my friend.”

“It’s all right Discord, Dawn just had a nightmare is all.” Solaris informed.

Discord lowered the bat. “He did? What about?”

Celestia retold the nightmare Dawn had.

Discord gave a thoughtful look. “Oh my, sounds like a doozy of one. Not to worry Dawn. That was just the last bit of residual void stuff making one last impact on your mind. You are still home, I promise.”

Dawn sniffled. “*Sniff* R-really?”

Discord gave a warm smile. “Really, I promise that was most likely the last nightmare you’ll have about that dreadful void you were in.”

“But I was doing so well before with not having those nightmares.”

“Well clearly you were so comfortable, you let your guard down.” Discord informed.

“So is he all right then?” Cosma asked. “I don’t want my son being plagued by nightmares of his ordeal anymore.”

Discord raised his lion paw and placed his eagle claw on his chest. “I swear, that will be the last Nightmare of the void Dawn will ever have.”

Luna looked down to Dawn. “You see, everything is fine.”

“Do you want us to stay with you until you fall asleep again?” Celestia asked.

Dawn gave one last sniffle, wiped his eyes, and looked up. “I…I think I’ll be all right now. Thank you though.”

“Are you sure? We wouldn’t mind letting you sleep with us tonight.” Cosma offered.

Dawn shook his head. “No, that’s all right. It just really scared me is all. I’m okay now. Thank you for coming to check on me.”

Solaris gave a smile. “Of course. You’re our son.”

Luna looked to Discord with a flat look. “A bat? Really?”

“What? I heard Dawn cry out and thought there was trouble. I didn’t exactly have time to come up with a plan.”

Dawn actually managed a small laugh in response. “Thanks for coming to help Discord, but I’m fine now.”

“Hold on, how did you know Dawn cried out? How did you hear that?” Celestia asked suspiciously.

Discord raised his hands up to his sides as he dropped the bat. “What? A god of chaos can’t have a spell on his friends to hear them when they call for help if there’s trouble?”

Luna rolled her eyes.

Cosma spoke up. “Anyway, I think we should all get back to bed, it is late.”

They all agreed. Luna tucked Dawn back into bed. They said their goodnights and went back to their own beds. Discord said his goodnight and teleported back to where he came from. Dawn snuggled up under his covers, closed his eyes and drifted back to sleep, this time having pleasant dreams. Luna still came to Dawn’s dream secretly to check up on him to make sure the nightmare didn’t happen again.

The next day, the REAL next day came and it went just like how Dawn dreamed it at first. With his parents hugging his sisters and saying their goodbyes and telling them to look after him. Then said their goodbyes to him and hugging him. When they boarded the carriage to leave, they did NOT fade out like in Dawn’s nightmare. Instead, they flew off and out of sight. Dawn turned to everypony and trotted over to his sisters.

The years went by and Dawn grew into a fine stallion. His mane and tail started flowing like his sisters and parents. Just as Discord said, Dawn Never had another nightmare about the void ever again. It was now just a distant memory that faded to history. When they were old enough, Dawn and Crystal eventually got married, solidifying the peace between ponies and changelings more. Dawn’s parents came and stayed one year, then left for another as it always went until a better system could be set up where they could stay home all the time and still keep the peace with the other countries.

Needless to say, Dawn and his sisters were very happy about it. Dawn had gotten to be as big as his sister Luna, and Crystal a bit shorter than him by an inch. Dawn was now currently standing on a balcony of Canterlot looking out over the kingdom with the wind blowing.

Crystal approached his side and nuzzled his neck. “Hey there handsome, what’s up?”

Dawn smiled. “Nothing much, just remembering the past. So much seems to have happened in such a short amount of time.” Dawn’s voice still sounded young, but more that of a young stallion.

“Tell me about it. I can’t believe we’ve been married for almost a year now.”

Dawn looked to Crystal. “So Crystal, how’s your little bun in the oven doing?”

Crystal looked down at her stomach with a smile. “Just fine. He or she will be the first changeling pony hybrid ever born.”

“To be honest, I’m a little nervous. I don’t know the first thing about being a dad.”

Crystal nuzzled Dawn. “Don’t worry, I know you’ll do great. Just be your fun loving self. You haven’t changed much over the years. You’re still that cute lovable colt I fell in love with.”

Dawn smiled more. “Thanks Crystal. I love you too.” Dawn nuzzled Crystal back. Together, they simply looked out over the kingdom together in silence. No words were needed after that.

The End.

Author's Note:

I am SOOOOOO sorry this took so long. If the ending seems rushed, I apologize for that too but I was running out of ideas on how to further the story. It had to come to an end at some point. Hope you liked that little teaser I did with Dawn back in the void. Let me know what you thought in the comments.

Comments ( 20 )

All good things come to an end someday. Shame it was so soon for this work. Still, it was a good ending that left me happy and not angry with some sort of bu$%^&$@ ending that does not wrap up the story. Heres hoping for a followup story that covers the teen to adult years in greater detail. :eeyup:

If in a future you have more ideas, what if you make a "Side-Stories fic?"

Some parts seemed rushed but overall a very good story.

The chapter was ok, it was a bit rush but over all a great story. I was kind of thinking of you doing something about the void like what if it was alive and wanted to get out?

But anyways thank you for the story!

Dawn galloped a couple feet after the carriage, his eyes running with tears. “Bye mom! Bye dad! I’ll miss you!” As he watched the carriage fly off, it seemed to start getting blurry and out of focus. “Bye…” Then, it vanished. Dawn turned to the rest of the ponies as they were all smiling at him. “Good bye everypony, I’ll never forget you.” He said with a sad smile as they too started to fade out of focus and disappeared. Then, the whole area faded out until there was nothing but blackness around Dawn.
Dawn looked around sadly at his surrounding and gave a heavy sigh. “Going to be a long while before I can do this again. I’m going to need a long sleep.” He lay down, curled up, and closed his eyes, drifting off to a dreamless sleep until the next time he could rejoin his family for another fake reunion.

. You scared the absolute shit out of me when I red that!!!!!!

Well, to be honest, I'd rather a satisfying ending that a story that goes so long it runs itself out of fuel.

A sequel would be great though :pinkiesad2:

6415721 I'm thinking the same, only more of guardian of the void trying to get Dawn out, while defending him from void beast. Just a thought.

6416346 I know right I almost had a heart attack

Hmm... okay. I did at least enjoy this story. But that ending though... endings like that... ehh, a bit lackluster if you ask me. I don't mean to sound too critical of it, but when you just throw the rest of the story out there like that, it sort of ruins my in-depth reading. Sure it is good to know how it all ends, but with something so rushed, I'd preferred it if you were just to simply show an end with him sleeping. Either or, that is just my own opinion, and the writer can end their story however they want.

All in all... I'd definitely give this story at least maybe... 7.5/10 to maybe a 8.2/10. It was pretty good. Although there may have been a few errors or moments that could have been done better. But that does not imply that I am a better writer. Heck no. I've only been writing for a year and a half. So again, just my opinion and stating this so I don't start anything. But again, I did enjoy the story and am sad for it to come to an end. Oh well, all good things must come to an end sometimes.

6441561 I do realize the ending was a bit rushed, but I was starting to run out of ideas and couldn't think of a better way to end it. Thanks for the input though and I'm glad you liked it.

6474372 Don't worry. That's why writers need to help one another out. Give their own input and ideas together to create a good story and learn from what we did good and go with that, and what could be better. :twilightsmile:

that was a sweet ending *noticed a tear coming out of his eye* as chef would say in what a dramatic life " tears permission granted" *sheds a couple of tears before drying them* i never was able handle some of the happy endings for a happy ending would often brings a tear of joy to some peoples eye

Could You Make More? A New Series For Prince Dawn Light And His New Wife Crystal.

7629927 The unholy progeny of Gilda and that green guy from 4chan.

Dawn’s grin grew more, closed his eyes, and was practically dancing on his tippy hooves. “Eeeeeheehee!” He stopped and looked to the six element bearers. “I don’t believe this. How do you know Daring Do?”

Fanboy scream

Solaris gave a smile. “Of course. You’re our son.”

That bat is very lethal luna

The End ♡ Another one for my favorits :yay:

very nice story do you mind if i add Prince Dawn and Princess Crystal to a story i’m planning to make?

Login or register to comment