• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 15,347 Views, 298 Comments

The Lost Prince Returns - Robobrony



The long lost little brother of the royal sisters has finally come home.

  • ...
20
 298
 15,347

Chapter 24: Dawn's Interdimensional Adventure

Dawn’s Interdimensional Adventure

Dawn’s visit to the Crystal Empire had been a fun one. He, Twilight, and Spike had arrived there in the same week the crystal fair was to be held. It was a fun celebration held every year in the Crystal Empire to keep the crystal pony’s spirits up. Dawn was also able to spend some fun quality time with Cadence and Shining Armor during his stay. After his week long visit, it was time to say good bye which Dawn was sad to do but was eager to get back home as well and tell his family about everything he got to do while visiting the place.

After arriving home, Dawn Light went back to his routine life, learning from Twilight, spending time with his family when he could, getting to see Crystal once in a while and their relationship seemed to grow….for Dawn any way. Crystal couldn’t possibly be any more in love with Dawn than she already was. Dawn also had fun with his friends at the castle with Discord, Tooky, and Skript. One day, Dawn heard that Twilight had gone through that portal he was told about again to stop some sirens there from crating trouble. Now Dawn was more curious than ever about this other world but he had never even seen the portal.

A week went by since that incident was resolved and Twilight returned with news of victory. Dawn was given the chance to spend a week in Ponyville this time so he could spend time with Twilight and her friends. Dawn packed his things, said his farewell to his family and was sent off in a carriage to Ponyville.

Dawn arrived and stepped off the carriage to be greeted by Twilight and Spike again. “Hello cousin Twilight, cousin Spike.” He hugged them both.

They happily hugged back as Twilight greeted him. “Hello cousin Dawn, I hope you’re ready for a fun filled week. We’ll take a break from your classes while you’re here if you like.”

“That would be nice, thanks Twilight.” Dawn said with a smile. “So could you tell me more about your trip to the other world you just took?”

“You bet.” Spike said. “It was awesome.”

Twilight rolled her eyes and began walking into her crystal castle with Spike and Dawn walking in side by side as Spike told the story. By the end, Dawn’s belonging’s and been placed in the room he’ll be staying and was sitting down to eat. “Wow, what a story. Twilight, are you sure I can’t go to this other world? You and Spike have been there twice and everything seemed fine.”

“I’m sorry Dawn, but there’s no telling what kind of trouble might come of you going through. Something could happen to you while in that world.” Twilight said.

“Hmmm…okay.” Dawn said in a defeated tone.

Twilight tried to give Dawn a reassuring smile. “Hey, come on now, you’ve had quit a few fun times of your own right? Meeting new friends, getting to spend time with your family, learning new things. Haven’t you been having fun with all that?”
Dawn managed a small smile. “Yeah, I guess I have.”

Twilight then gave a genuine smile. “See, besides, the adventures I’ve had are too dangerous for you anyway.”

“I guess you’re right.” Dawn admitted. His smile was starting to grow more.

“Now, once we’re done with dinner, I’ll tuck you in if you want.”

“Sure, I would like that.” Dawn started eating his meal of fruits and veggies.

Once everyone was done eating, Twilight and Spike walked Dawn to his room just as the sun was setting and the moon was going down. Dawn climbed into bed and Twilight got the covers over him. “There we go, nice and comfy?”

Dawn nodded in response. “Mmhmm, thanks Twilight, and thank you again for letting me come over to visit again. I like getting to spend time with you and Spike.”

“We like spending time with you too Dawn.” Twilight assured.

“Yeah, you’re always welcome here.” Spike added.

“Goodnight cousin Twilight, cousin Spike.” Dawn said as he lay his head down.

“Good night Dawn, if you need anything, we’ll be in the room next to this one, all right?” Twilight started walking to the door.

“All right.” Dawn said in response and closed his eyes.

Once Spike was out, Twilight closed the door behind her and they headed to their room for the night. It wasn’t long before Dawn fell asleep under his comfy warm covers.

In the middle of the night, Dawn found himself waking up. His eyes slowly opened and he gave a yawn before clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. “Mmmm….thirsty.” He crawled out of bed and, with heavy eyes, exited his room to find the kitchen. “I should have asked Twilight to give me a tour of this place yesterday.” He said to himself as he walked about. He was lucky he found the kitchen and got a glass of water to drink. Then left the now empty glass on the counter and exited the kitchen.

On his way, Dawn noticed a room he hadn’t before upon passing by it to the kitchen. “Huh, what’s this room?” Dawn walked in and saw the seven thrones and a few book shelves around the room. “Oh, this must be Twilight’s throne room.” He then noticed something else. There was a large mirror shaped like an oval and had a bunch of things hooked up to it made of mostly wood. There were a few thick cables attached to the different parts with a lever and the mirror and a book sitting on top of it. “Hey, this must be the portal Twilight told me about. Wow, I sure wish I could go through it to see this other world.”

Dawn took a few steps towards it and suddenly tripped on a cable he didn’t notice. “WHOA!” He reached a hoof out to try and grab something to keep him from falling, but ended up grabbing a lever that activated the portal. Dawn stumbled around more bumping into equipment until finally, he fell through the portal and left much of the equipment in ruin. There were a few sparks from the mechanisms before they failed and the portal closed behind Dawn. “WOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHH!” Dawn swirled about in a vortex of colors till he was ejected back into the world face up at a night sky and what looked like a horse standing over him before he soon passed out.

Equestria, Twilight Sparkle’s castle:

Spike was the first to wake up as the sun rose. He gave a stretch and yawn then scratched at his back. He climbed out of his basket and saw Twilight just waking up. “Morning Spike.” Twilight greeted.

“Morning Twilight.” Spike greeted back.

“Let’s go see if Dawn is up yet.” Twilight suggested as she climbed out of bed. The two made their way out of their room and to Dawn’s. Twilight opened the door wide for the both of them “Dawn Light, time to rise and….*GASP*! Dawn Light?!” Twilight shouted upon seeing Dawn’s bed empty and the sheets upturned.

“Oh no, Dawn’s missing.” Spike pointed out.

“Now now Spike, we mustn’t jump to conclusions, he’s….probably in the bathroom.” Twilight reasoned.

“Then how come the bathroom door is open and there’s no pony in there?” Spike asked with worry.

“Oh no oh no oh no! Where could he have gone?!” Twilight started galloping through the castle with Spike close behind. “Dawn Light! Dawn Light?!” She called through the castle thinking Dawn had wandered through her castle and probably gotten lost. “Hoooh, why did the tree of harmony have to give me such a big crystal castle?”

“How should I know?” Spike asked. “Maybe he’s in the throne room reading a book.”

“Good idea Spike, come on.” Twilight ran faster and headed for her throne room. “*Gasp* The portal, what happened to it?!” Twilight saw the mess of broken wires and cables and broken pieces. “What could have done this?”

“Twilight, I think this answers it.” Spike pointed to a small colt sized hoof print on one of the cables and a couple more near the mirror.

“Oh no.” Twilight said. Then she and Spike cried out together. “DAWN LIGHT WENT THROUGH THE PORTAL!”

Twilight started pacing nervously. “This is bad, this is very bad. What could have happened, why did he go through, what if he’s in danger, or hurt, or scared or lost?” So many scenarios played out in Twilight’s head about what could have happened.

“You can fix this though can’t you?” Spike asked.

“Well, yes, I can, but it will take a while, I mean look at this mess.” Twilight pointed a hoof at the mess. “Oh no, Celestia, Luna, the king and queen are all going to be so mad at me if they find out about this. I just hope Dawn will be all right until I can fix this and we can go after him.”

Human world, Equestria high school:

Darkness was all Dawn could see, but he heard voices, familiar voices. They were distant at first but slowly grew in volume.

“What do you think happened to him?” A soft voice asked that sounded like Fluttershy.

“Where do ya think he came from?” Another familiar voice asked that sounded like Applejack.

“Why is he sleeping on the ground?” A bubbly voice that sounded like Pinkie asked.

“Where do you think he got his clothes? Quit stylish.” A classy voice that sounded like Rarity asked.

“I think we have more important things to worry about than his clothes here Rarity.” A fifth unfamiliar voice said.

“Poor guy must be lost or something?” A familiar raspy voice that sounded like Rainbow Dash came next.

Dawn’s eyes slowly opened and closed. The visions before him were blurry.

“Ooh, ooh, he’s waking up.” Pinkie’s voice chirped.

“Uuuhhh….wh…what happened?” Dawn asked. He saw six faces in his field of vision. They were blurry at first but slowly came into focus.

“You okay there sugar cube?” The Applejack voice asked.

Dawn’s vision finally cleared and he could make out the sources of the voices. There were six strange alien faces before him that didn’t look pony at all. Dawn’s eyes shot open and he screeched as he sat up. “AAAAAHHH!” He quickly backed up to the pedestal of the statue.

“Easy there sugar cube, we aint gonna hurt ya.” The girl with Applejack’s voice said.

“You….who…who are….” Dawn paused as he realized he wasn’t pointing a hoof, but something else at the creatures before him. He brought his new appendages up to his face and stared at them. “AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!” He yelled out so loud, the girls around him covered their ears. The country western girl used her hat to cover her ears. “What happened to me!? What’s going on here?!”

“Whoa, whoa, take it easy kid, we’re not gonna…” The girl with rainbow hair started.

Dawn cut her off by looking back at them, screaming again, and bolted to hide on the other side of the pedestal. “St-stay away from me! Please don’t hurt me! Where am I, what am I, and…and what are you?!”

“The poor dear, he’s absolutely terrified.” The girl that sounded like Rarity said.

The girl with long flowing pink hair and butter yellow skin knelt down and looked around the corner at Dawn. “It’s okay fella, we aren’t going to hurt you. We found you passed out in front of this statue.”

“Hang on…wh…why do you sound like my friend Fluttershy?” Dawn asked.

The girls looked at each other in confusion. “Because…I am Fluttershy?” Fluttershy said.

“You know this kid Fluttershy?” The rainbow haired girl asked.

“No, I’ve never seen him before at all.” Fluttershy said.

“You….you all sound like my friends. But…you don’t look anything like them.” Dawn stated. “Well…sort of.” It was then it clicked in Dawn’s head. “Wait a minute….I DO know you!”

The girls looked at him curiously.

“Of course, you must all be those human friends my cousins Twilight Sparkle and Spike told me about!”

“Wait, you know Twilight?!” The unfamiliar girl asked.

“Yeah, she’s my cousin!” Dawn cheered with a smile.

“Then that must mean…” The girl with Rarity’s voice trailed off.

“You’re from that magical land of ponies called Equestria aren’t you?!” The pink bubbly girl with gravity defying hair cheered.

“Yeah I am.” Dawn said. He finally looked himself over. “That means I’m a human too now.” He was wearing a pair of white sneakers, white pants and belt with black buckle, and a yellow short sleeved shirt with his cutie mark on it. His eyes and hair were still the same color but now instead of a coat, he had skin that was a light yellow. Dawn was on his hands and knees. “Whoa, I look weird.”

“But, Twilight never told us about any cousin.” The country girl said.

“Well I am her cousin.” Dawn said as he continued to look himself over, wiggling his fingers, grabbing his legs and flexing them. “She was probably too busy helping you all with all the trouble that was going on here.” He looked back to the girls. “So then you must be Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and…..Sunset Shimmer.”

“You got it!” Pinkie cheered.

“Hold on.” Rainbow said. “If you’re from that magical world of Equestria, what are you doing here in our world?”

Dawn continued sitting on his butt with his legs spread out. “Hmm, I got up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water. On my way back, I saw the portal Twilight used to get here. I wanted to get a closer look but I ended up tripping on something. After that, I guess I accidently turned it on and fell through. Next thing I know I wake up here.”

“Gosh, are you okay?” Fluttershy asked.

“Wait a minute, how are you Twilight’s cousin?” Rarity asked.

“Well….I’m actually her…” Dawn started but Pinkie cut in.

“Your actually the little brother of Celestia and Luna in the other Equestria that you came from and was trapped in a dark void of nothingness for about a thousand years but only just recently got out of it and have been trying to adjust to how things have changed and Twilight is your cousin through her big brother’s marriage of another princess that is your actual cousin.” Pinkie finished with a squee.

“That’s…right…but…how did you…”

“It’s best not to question it.” Sunset said, cutting Dawn off.

“Right, human Pinkie Pie, same strange abilities I guess.” Dawn said. He continued looking himself over and flexed his fingers and arms. “So…these are called arms, hands, and fingers right?”

“Yep.” Applejack answered. “Let’s help ya up there partner. Ya might be a bit wobbly on yer new legs there.” Applejack came up to Dawn and held out her hand.

Dawn took it and Applejack helped Dawn stand up on his new set of legs. “Whoa, okay, this is harder than it looks.”

“Heh heh, don’t worry partner, you’ll get the hang of it. Twilight did after a while.” Applejack encouraged.

“But I don’t have a while. As much as I’d like to stick around and see this place, I probably should go back through the portal to home. Twilight is probably worrying about me.” Dawn said.

“Aw, that’s too bad.” Fluttershy cooed.

“Yeah, I wanted to show you around and we could be new best friends.” Pinkie chirped.

“I know, but I really should go.” Dawn said with a frown. “You girls are just like my friends back in Equestria.”

“Well we are human versions of them from what we understand.” Rarity said.

“Maybe Twilight would be willing to bring you here with her sometime.” Sunset offered with a smile.

Dawn managed a smile in return. “I hope so. Guess I should go then, it was nice meeting you all, even though it was for a short time.” The girls waved as Dawn crawled up to the portal on his hands and knees. He approached the portal and placed his hand against the pedestal only for it to stop instead of going through. “What? My hoof…um…hand won’t go through.”

“Uh oh, I guess the portal closed behind you when you fell through.” Rainbow offered.

Dawn frowned. “Or maybe I broke it when I tripped over things. I broke the portal!” He cried out. “Oh no, I broke it, I must have! I did trip over a bunch of things. I wanted to visit but only for a while. What am I going to do, I might be stuck here forever never to see my mom or dad or my sisters or my cousins or friends ever again! I CAN’T GO HOME!” Dawn yelled and started to cry.

Fluttershy was the first to act as she took him in a comforting embrace. “Shh…it’s okay Dawn, I’m sure Twilight will fix it on her end and come here to get you.” She started stroking his head gently.

Dawn managed to calm down a bit after a while. “*sniffI* You think so?”

“I know so.” Rainbow declared. “She’s super smart after all.”

“And besides, you said yourself yer her family. I got no doubt Twilight’s doing everything she can ta fix the portal.” Applejack assured.

Sunset Shimmer offered a smile. “In the meantime, you can hang out with us and get that tour you wanted.”

Pinkie jumped up and cheered. “YAY! That means we can show you around and become bestest buddies!”

Dawn’s smile grew a bit more at that and wiped his nose. “Thanks girls.”

“Hold on, since there’s a Celestia and Luna in your world, and there’s one here in our world, wouldn’t that mean there’s a Dawn Light here too?” Rarity asked.

“I guess so, what about it?” Fluttershy asked.

“I think I get what you’re saying.” Sunset said. “We’ll need to be careful our Luna and Celestia doesn’t see Dawn Light just in case since their supposed to be brother and sisters.”

“But if we do run into them and they start calling Dawn their brother and asking questions about why he’s here instead of wherever the other Dawn is supposed to be, we could just tell them he’s from that world Twilight came from.” Rainbow suggested.

“Right, because they already know about it after all the freaky magic stuff that’s happened so far.” Pinkie Pie said.

“So let’s start the tour shall we. We’ve got the week off from school for spring break.” Rainbow said.

Applejack helped Dawn stand up again and held him by the shoulders. “Now just take it easy. Just put one foot in front of the other and take it nice and slow. We won’t let ya fall.”

Dawn nodded and gave a couple test steps in place to see how his new legs worked. After, he then moved one leg forward and placed it down. Then the other, then again. Soon, he was walking now on his own and managed to get the hang of it. “Hey, look at that. This is pretty easy. I kind of miss my horn and wings though.” He looked to his head and back with the mention of each appendage.

Sunset put a finger to her chin in thought. “Right, you must have been an alicorn then weren’t you?”

“Yeah, I was. But now I’m a human.” Dawn stated. The girls began walking him away from the school. “So that’s the school where you tried to take Twilight’s crow right Sunset?”

Sunset blushed with a sheepish smile. “Yeah, it was. I still feel bad about it and some of the students still tend to remind me of that little incident despite me doing what I could to make up for it.”

Dawn gave a smile. “Don’t worry, I’m sure it’ll pass eventually. Besides, you’ve got five new friends to back you up and help you out now right?”

Shimmer gave a smile. “Yeah, I do.” She looked over the other girls.

They were walking along a side walk next to a street on one side when a car passed by. “What was that thing?” Dawn asked. “Some kind of carriage that works on its own?”

Rainbow chuckled as she answered. “You could say that. They’re actually called a car. They have what’s called an engine that runs on a kind of fuel to power it.”

“Cool.” Dawn chirped. “So where are we going first?”

“Well, we were actually on our way to a bakery in town called Sugar Cube Corner.” Rarity said with a smile.

“Really? We have a Sugar Cube Corner there too!” Dawn said excitedly. “Is there a Mr. and Mrs. Cake there?”

“Um, yeah, there is.” Applejack said warily.

Dawn turned to Pinkie then. “And Pinkie, do you work there sometimes?”

“No, but I do like going there to hang out and eat the delicious sweets they have.” Pinkie said with a smile. “Why do you ask?”

Dawn faced forward as he explained. “It’s just the Pinkie Pie back home works at Sugar Cube Corner there and works for Mr. and Mrs. Cake. So Rarity, I guess you don’t own a dress shop then and make clothing with gemstones in them?”

“Well, I don’t own a dress shop but I am working on becoming a dress maker and I do make clothes and am quite good at it if I do say so myself.” Rarity placed her hand on her chest proudly.

Rainbow then started up. “And I’m captain of every sports team at Canterlot high.”

Fluttershy came in next. “And I volunteer at the local animal shelter.”

“Ma family has a farm just outside o’ town.” Applejack pointed out. “We grow and sell apples, apple products and other things.”

“Wow, I guess your lives are a little different compared to your pony counterparts back home.” Dawn pointed out.

“Twilight never did tell us much about them.” Rainbow said. “Don’t suppose you could tell us.”

“Sure, I don’t mind.” Dawn continued looking around as they walked. He was so fascinated with how different everything was compared to back home. They were walking by a park when Dawn stopped suddenly and saw three other girls looking to be in rather poor condition and grumpy….well, two of them were looking grumpy and seemed to be arguing, the third just looked sad. “Um, girls, who are they?” Dawn pointed to the three he noticed.

The girls, other than Pinkie and Fluttershy, shot glares at them. “The dazzlings.” Rainbow said.

“They’re the three sirens that was causing trouble at our school about a week ago.” Rarity pointed out.

Author's Note:

There you go my readers. The chapter you’ve all been waiting for. Dawn has begun his exploration of the human world with the human versions of our six favorite ponies. But it seems he’s also encountered the sirens. Just wait for the next chapter to see how that will go. Will Dawn take pity on them and see about helping them reform, or will he be unable to do so and just leave them be? Find out in the next chapter.