• Published 6th Nov 2013
  • 3,004 Views, 281 Comments

Spellbooks, Dating and Why Humans don't like the Arcane - Emerald Oracle



The magical story of our own amateur sorcerer, Kenneth Washington Lee the 4th. Join in his story as he combats the greatest threat he has ever met, the famous technicolor ponies of Equestria

  • ...
26
 281
 3,004

Cooldown

Luna deeply regretted telling Kenny that he was still naked. He had gotten so comfortable in his skin that he had made it all the way to the dining hall, and his only comment had been was that it was a little chilly. During dinner Luna had made an offhand comment about his lack of clothing and how proud she was that he had so quickly adapted to Equestrian fashion. Kenny had rather unexpectedly dropped everything and looked down, followed by a scream and a mad dash to his room. He would later press the various ponies that had seen him about why they didn't say anything. They all said the same thing.

They barely noticed it.

Luna had thought that this revelation would boost his self esteem and she could get more looks at his 'equipment'. Sadly it did the exact opposite. Soon, Kenny was suffering from mild depression caused by sudden thoughts about his 'size'. He now wore clothes to cover up an entirely different type of shame. Luna assured his worries were unfounded and that he was not, as he said, "Smaller than a glue-stick."

It took a couple days and a couple nights of Ice-dream treats for him to get over it.

Regardless of Kenny's temporary Napoleon Complex, Luna and he did have fun together during their dreams. The first night had been pirates. This was followed by Star Trek, mainly because Luna wanted to see more examples of human dreams of space. Tonight, however, it was Kenny's turn to choose their location. Being ever the gracious host, he stuck to the trend of sci-fi.

"Get down!" Luna heard Kenny yell from his intercom. She ducked behind cover just as the four-legged robot, ADSD Kenny had called it, let loose another volley of target-seeking missiles. They exploded harmlessly on the rock formation, doing little to the super-dense stone. Luna poked out over cover again to fire another high-explosive shell from her weapon at the spider-like drone. She watched as the fiery shell's arc ended with a direct hit on it's large, red eye. The metal being shuttered before finally collapsing. Luna slowly rose out of her cover until she saw Kenny's white-and-red helmet shake fervently across the way. He used his gloved hands to point downwards. Getting the message, Luna ducked down for what felt like the fiftieth time. She was down only a second before the machine exploded, metal fragments launching every direction.

"Okay, it should be safe now," Luna heard over her helmets intercom. Levitating her weapon to it's holster on her hip she moved around the rock formation, following Kenny's movements on her heads up display. She noticed that his bio-metric read-out was yellow.

"What happened to you?" Luna asked him over the intercom. As he turned the corner into the open she saw a large scorch mark over the right side of his white armor. He limped and stumbled, nearly falling only to be caught by Luna. Luna laid him over her back and dragged him towards the healing station. She looked up into the glowing blue visor of her friend as she dragged him.

"Bastard caught me when I went to take a shot." Kenny's voice spoke over the intercom. It was strained and raspy, no doubt by the pain of his wounds. She pleaded with him earlier to allow her to block out the pain for him, but he stoutly refused, saying that it helped with his immersion.

When they reached the station Kenny stood with a little help from Luna. The station's arms opened and Luna saw his condition turn from yellow to green. She let out a quiet sigh, glad that he was okay.

"Luna, it's only a dream. The worse that can happen is we wake up." Kenny said.

"I know, but I don't like you getting hurt."

"Well, we've been here what? At least a day. Maybe we should call it a night?"

"Yeah, sure." Luna didn't like to wake up. It meant going back to dick obsessed hell.


Luna groggily woke up and sat up on her bed. Her starry mane was in disarray and she blinked away her sleepiness. She got up and started her morning routine, brushing her teeth and preparing a cold shower. Once her teeth were back to sparkly white she jumped into the cold water.

And regretted it. This morning the ice cold water didn't provide the relief she wanted but rather a shock that made her want to curl up and die. She crawled out of the shower, begging for warmth. When her magic had turned on the hot water she ventured back into the now luke-warm water glad for the warm water's embrace. That's when it hit her.

"I'm not in heat!" She let out a cheer of victory and hurried to finish her shower. She only wanted to do one thing right now.

Find Kenny.


"Knight to G5"

Kenny was playing a game of chest with Flash Sentry, the two had both played the game moderately before and the match had been a long one. Flash had pushed Kenny's pieces into a literal corner. His queen and a pawn were the only things stopping him from claiming victory.

Kenny smiled as the enchanted piece slid into position. "Queen to F6!" The queen slid into the space occupied by one of Flash's pawns. The enchanted ethereal women brought down a mace on the small pawns head and the figure vanished in a puff of smoke. "Checkmate" Kenny said with a grin.

Flash stared in awe. Kenny had used the pieces that had protected his own king from harm into a cage. He had trapped his own piece.

"Goddess damnit!" Flash yelled as the queen killed his king.

Kenny was dancing his trademark victory dance, a spectacle of arms, legs and, yes, butts.

Then Luna came bursting in like a comet and into Kenny. She breathed in deep his scent and rubbed herself like a cat on him. Kenny was blushing furiously as Luna did her questionable actions. Flash, like any guard worth his metal, simply turned his head to the princess's actions. Once Luna had thoroughly saturated herself with Kenny she checked for any signs of arousal and was happy to find none present.

She then turned back to Kenny and gave him a quick peck on the cheek and a thank you before rushing off to see her sister.

Flash Sentry was first to break the silence, "Duuude..."

"What just happened?"

"Luna! Luna happened! The Princess has the hots for you man! Do you know what I would give to date a Princess?"

"What?"

Flash paused, he hadn't expected that, "Anything!"

"I hope to god this isn't a sign of trouble down the road..." Kenny said ominously as he sat up.

"How could having a Princess for a marefriend mean trouble?"

"You haven't had her tongue down your throat."

Flash's jaw dropped.


"Sister! The urge to rut is gone! I can finally enjoy my time with Kenny without dirty thoughts!"

Luna opened her eyes to find Celestia was not, in fact, listening. How could she when she was passed out in bed, an open bottle of champagne on the desk and a content smile on her lips. This did little to dissuade Luna. Her sister had been the one to urge her on, she deserved to know.

Luna went to her sister's bedside and shook her. She got little more than a groan in response.

"Wake, Sister. I have news I want to share with you." Luna said, intensifying her shakes. Celestia's horn lit up and teleported her sister out the room and sealed it off from any and all magic breaches, something Celestia had perfected over years of dealing with particularly talented unicorn stalkers.

"Fine, don't rejoice in my own happiness." Luna said, turning her nose to the air and trotting back to Kenny's room.


"Excuse me sir, but why are we doing this?"

Flash and Kenny were currently behind a barricade of furniture that blockaded the door from any physical entry. Kenny was reading up on various barrier spells from the Arcana.

"We are preparing for the second coming of the Princess. I fear that her hormones have gotten the better of her, and now she wishes to drag me away to be her boy toy." Kenny responded as the Arcana told him how barriers work, Barriers are a form of protective spell. These spells can be wired in different ways. Some are self restoring, others have preset health and times. I recommend a large tank barrier. This Luna you have been hanging with could easily punch through a restorative barrier.

Kenny closed his eyes and focused on the doors and whispered, "Aegis..." A translucent, black wall of mana appeared in front of them, encompassing the entire door in its presence.

"Okay were set. There's no way she can get in." Kenny said.

"I still don't get it. Are like Princesses undesirable in your culture or something? This is the chance of a lifetime!"

"Flash, as much as I like you bro, you really need to understand one thing. I have only ever had two girlfriends, and I was raised in a very old fashioned household. I don't want my first time to be taken from me by a sex crazed Princess who's gonna forget it the moment her hormones regulate."

Flash still wasn't sure if he really understood, but settled with taking Kenny's word for it. Whether or not he wanted to do royalty was up to him.

"Kenny! Are you in there? I need to tell you something!" Luna's voice made Kenny jump into a defensive position.

"Kenny? Why is there a shield on the door? Are you okay?"

Kenny remained poised for action. His breath was deep and regular.

"Kenny! Talk to me!" Luna's voice carried a hint of indignant anger.

Kenny's heartbeat quickened.

"Kenny!? Why aren't you answering!?" Now fear seeped in.

Flash was getting uneasy, he didn't like the desperation in Luna's voice. He's heard stories of mothers who could lift carts off foals when necessary. He didn't want to know what Luna would do to reach his human charge.

Suddenly Luna's voice was behind them, "Kenny! You're okay!"

Kenny turned and screamed like a little girl as Luna wrapped him into an innocent, friendly hug. Kenny's scream died in his throat as he realized he wasn't experiencing equine rape.

Luna pulled back and fixed him with a stern gaze, "Don't scare me like that. Why did you set all this up? Did something happen while I was gone?"

"You.. wha- how? I thought... huh?" Kenny sputtered as he tried to speak and process what had happened at the same time. Soon he gave up and gladly accepted that his pants were still on. Luna realized what had happened and blushed in embarrassment over her mistake. She moved all the furniture to their appropriate places and asked Flash Sentry to leave them. Flash went to say that he couldn't with the barrier up to find that the barrier in question shatter by a single blast from Luna's horn, leaving everything else intact. Flash Sentry gave a quick salute and left.

Once Flash Sentry had left, Luna began her apology, "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable earlier. I was testing to see if my heat was really gone. I had found your touch and smell particularly intoxicating when my estrus was in full swing. I am glad to say that it has passed, however! I hope you can see my actions were in no way an attempt to take advantage of you."

"Wat?"

"Now you no longer have reason to fear me. I am perfectly normal and in control of my libido!"

Kenny was slowly regaining control over his mouth. "So... Now what?"

Luna paused. Kenny was right, how do they move on from there? Now that her heat was over, what were here feelings toward him.

"I'm not sure, I mean..." Luna looked him in the eyes. She noticed for the first time their bright chocolate color. She felt herself melt in those watery pools filled with a genuine concern for their relationship. She was glad to see her comment to Celestia several days prior wasn't just her heat-addled mind.

"Luna?"

"We keep doing what we're doing. Like I said, I wanted us to be friends. We are, me being in heat only did one thing, guarantee we met. And make things hard for me, but that's beside the point. We're friends now, and now we'll continue being friends. Nothing changes." Luna gave him her warmest smile.

"Kay." Luna's smile slipped.

"Excuse me?" She said in veiled anger. Anger Kenny failed to notice.

"Okay. Cool. What more do you want?"

"Oooh, I don't know." Luna said, her voice like poisoned honey. Fury oozed out at a greater concentration with every word she spoke. "I just happen to think that my heartfelt splurge deserves a better response than, 'Kay!'"

"So?"

Luna shoved him away, "So give me a heartfelt answer you ingrate!"

"What? Why?!"

"Because you owe me one after that I practically spilled my heart for you!"

"All I wanted to know is if we were still friends! A simple yes or no would suffice!"

"Hmph, stallions..." Luna muttered.

"Excuse me, but I am one-hundred percent man. No part of me is stallion." He joked in an attempt to diffuse the situation.

"FINE! MALE! HAPPY NOW!!!"

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING!!!"

"BECAUSE YOU IRRITATE ME!!!!"

Luna left the room and slammed the door closed.

"Uggh, why are all females so emotional?" Kenny grumbled.

"Why are all males such thick-headed dunces?" Luna huffed.

Author's Note:

DO NOT GET USED TO THIS! I HAVE HAD LOTS OF FREE TIME RECENTLY! THIS WILL NOT CONTINUE FOR LONG! THAT IS ALL!