• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 9,924 Views, 338 Comments

My Little Luna - Alcatraz



During a freak thunderstorm, a lightning bolt somehow brings a filly princess to Earth.

  • ...
35
 338
 9,924

Chapter 11: Company

How long is soon?

After Luna remembered where she is from which saw me show her the first two episodes of Season 1: Mare in the Moon Part 1 & 2, she then elected to watch the rest of the season on her own while I was at work and seemed rather happy when I got home.

"I saw the Doctor in episode 12!" Now, I can't say if I've known weather or not the show writers gave Doctor Whooves the name and made the Doctor a canon character, OR, it's just another generic background character with an hourglass cutie mark that the fans noticed had a eerily-close resemblance to David Tennant's incarnation of the Doctor.

"Did you see the TARDIS?" I quizzed.

"No," Luna said disappointingly "but in the last episode, episode 26, there were alot of earth ponies with hourglass cutie marks. Does that mean they're all time lords? Or rather, time colts?" she said with a giggle.

I had noticed that there were a lot of ponies with hourglass cutie marks in that episode, and one of them stuck out in particular. This particular colt looked like the 5th Doctor; blonde hair, a blue coat with a grey-ish hue, and white collar with a red bow-tie on it.

"Maybe. Or maybe they're not. It's possible though. A few of the animators could be Doctor Who fans, and got some ideas from each incarnation of the doctor?"

"'Tis possible. May we watch the next season?"

"Of course, but just be careful of the fourth episode, that one has you in it." I look over the top of my glasses to affirm with the 'be careful' look. After all, one season doesn't seem to have affected her. By Friday Luna had watched all three seasons and pointed out the place that Twilight got sent to looked like that strange place that her and I got sent to and had the visit with the Doctor.

She seemed to be rather happy with being able to get some answers and closure after what happened last Sunday, which is good for the both of us; I no longer had to lie and Luna didn't have to be confused as to why I kept dodging her questions. In a way the metaphorical bullet did hit me, but I didn't let it knock me over, I stood my ground and prepared for the worst and came out better off. In a way I did what Celestia couldn't; stopped Luna from becoming Nightmare Moon. Of course it was different circumstances but I like to think I did good by both of them, and apparently Celestia thought so by what was written in the letter.

I'll never forget that night when Luna basically made night eternal. Luckily it had only been for about an hour, and I find it to be funny how it could've messed up peoples sleeping patterns and made them late for work, but I digress. Those dragon-slitted eyes were the beginning of it, had I not consoled Luna, I might have lost her to The Shadows forever. Not to mention there was also potentially saving the whole world from the evil wrath of a magical, evil, cartoon horse.

A few days later Luna had finished all three seasons and that had seemed to sate her curiosity about her home. Her real home, in Equestria. My thought drew me back to the letter Celestia had the Doctor give me. How had the letters appear then fade, was she writing it down in real-time? Or selected a few randomly generated answers to appear in different situations? Only one way to find out ultimately; and I'm both dreading and eagerly awaiting that moment. What will become of Luna, myself? How many other other fanfiction stories with ponies landing on earth really happened?

Gah, this is too many questions! I need some rest. By now Luna had got too big for my bed, but the basket-bed and blanket I got for her six months ago still fit with a bit of room to spare. Whenever I looked down at her sleeping, holding the sonic screwdriver like a vice, my heart just melted. It warms me to see her safe and sound, and knowing I've done everything right by Luna. Well, most things. Apart from the lying to her bit.

One month down the track and Luna had grown quite a bit more; standing as high as my waist and her head was just high enough for me to rest my arm on. She didn't like it, but always knew I did it to tease. On a clear night, not a whisp of cloud in the sky, I made the decision to take her outside to see if she could manipulate the stars like in the show.

"Ok, now here's what I want you to try. You see the stars up there? Do you think you could make them move? Try to write or draw something in them."

Luna closes her eyes to concentrate, then effortlessly moves the stars around in the sky to form a simple heart then leaning into my hand for a nuzzle. I put my arm over her and use my thumb to stroke the side of her neck.

"That was beautiful, but how did you do that?"

The stars inexplicably rearranged themselves back to their original positions.

"I don't really move the stars themselves," She explains "but rather their paths of light." Ok, now this makes more sense; I'm thinking. "Because the stars themselves are balls of gas so far away, trying to reach them to move with my magic would prove utterly exhausting, physically and mentally. What I so is bend the flow of light on an angle like a mirror does and make it move to a new spot."

"A lot less strenuous for you then by the sounds of it." I remark.

"Yes it is. Moving the stars how I described could be compared to going for a hard run up the end of the long road and back in terms of physical exhaustion. But at the moment I think I just want to go to be-" Suddenly Luna gets cut off the the sounds of cracking lightning, which also makes the both of us turn around. In the middle of the driveway there's a ball of lightning shooting out bolts of crackling lightning, scorching the concrete underneath.

The ball pulsed and grew larger in size over about a minute. Finally it shrinked to a singularity leaving behind one very familiar, and one not-so-familiar pony.

Author's Note:

I broke the 4th wall for writing!

I included a picture of the 5th Doctors potential character, and a lineup of pony versions of all 11 doctors thus far. Personally, I love the Matt Smith 11th Doctor pony, it's just so cool :D

Sorry I was a day late in getting this out, work had caught up with me accompanied with an inherant lack of ideas. I should be able to get out another chapter tomorrow.

Also, if anyone wants to pitch me an idea or two to help get out the next chapter(s) feel free to drop me an inbox PM or drop a message in the comments below.