• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 9,911 Views, 338 Comments

My Little Luna - Alcatraz



During a freak thunderstorm, a lightning bolt somehow brings a filly princess to Earth.

  • ...
35
 338
 9,911

Chapter 9: The Dreamscape

Why do I have that familiar sensation of floating again? Last time it happened I... Oh, shit.

"It happened again daddy! Are you here?"

"Luna!?" I spin around in place inexplicably, like a ball rolling in every possible dimension on water. I feel something bump into me and I grab it.

"You found me!" It is Luna, but for some reason even though I know I'm holding her, I cant see her. What in the hell is going on?

"I told you I'd protect you! Why can't we see anything? I wish there was some light."

"Hold on, I think I can..." I hear Luna grunting and straining, followed by an increasingly bright light from her horn. "There!"

All I can see is whisps of multi-coloured cloud dotted with what looks like... stars? "Luna, do you know what this place is?" This has something to do with her, maybe she knows.

"No, I thought you did. Is this the same place as last time?"

"It would seem so, but I don't know how we get here or leave."

Now that I think about it, this place looks like the Astral Plane from the end of Season 3. But what are Luna and I doing here?

Vworp.

"Did you hear that, Luna?"

Vworp.

"No, but I hear it now!"

Vworp.

We both look at each other, mixed expressions on our faces, turning our heads in all directions to find the source of the noise. I don't know weather to be excited or terrified.

Vworp, vworp, vworp.

Inexplicably, a blue police box appears in front of us. "It can't be..." The door makes that familiar creaking as it opens, and then a muzzle pokes out. Wait, a muzzle? But I thought...

A tan earth pony with brown hair and an hourglass cutie mark steps out of the box and speaks. "There, or rather, here you are! I've been looking for the the two of you for, well, I don't know how long. I would guess it's about a week, but it's all so relative these days. Anyway, I've come to give you this." He gives me a plain white envelope from his mouth. Turning it over, It's completely blank.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Me? Oh, I'm The Doctor!"

"Doctor Whooves?!"

"No, just the Doctor. I don't know why everypony keeps adding Whooves when my name is just Doctor."

Luna and I are having a hard time picking up our jaws at this point.

"But I saw you on the screen as a man!" exclaimed Luna.

"Well, you see... Somehow the TARDIS malfunctioned and somehow bought me to the Equestrian Universe, and I'm stuck there. In the multiple universes there are, there have been cases of TT Capsules inexplicably vanishing from existence only to appear in another universe, and that usually happens when a TARDIS "collides" with a, lets call it a scar, or a door. No, forget about the scar or a door, it's neither, then gets transported to this other universe."

Ok, so that all makes sense. Similar to Rise of the Cybermen in Season 2. "So... How are you here? What is this place?"

The Doctor clears his throat and continues. "The alabaster mare whom tasked me with giving you the envelope calls it the Astral Plane, but some call it the Dreamscape."

"Woah woah woah, if Luna and I are dreaming then how can you be in our dreams?"

"I'm not, technically speaking. Whatever you want to call this place, is a place of its own that exists as a junction between that connects universes. Imagine a small bubble with two bigger bubbles attached to either side and we're in the middle, and only someone with sufficiently advanced technology can enter or leave, but not cross into the opposite bubble, so to speak."

A voice pipes up from inside the blue police box. "Sweetie, how long are you going to be?"

"But that's enough from me, you should be waking up any minute now, so I must be going."

"Wait! I just need to-" and with that, Luna and I sit bolt-upright in bed, gasping heavily.

"Envelope envelope envelope, where is it?!" What am I doing, how could I even bring... back... My hand slides under the pillow and I pull out a white envelope, but this time it has writing on the front. I'm dumbfounded, how is it possible to bring something back from a dream? I still have so many questions I wanted to ask. If you can only enter the Dreamscape with sufficiently advanced technology, then how did Luna and I get there in the first place?

Open when you need to, for the sake of my sister. - C

Regardless of what it says, I try to open it anyway, but I can't. It's sealed shut! Not even tearing it open is working! It must be enchanted to open during a specific time or event. But, something happens to the writing; it fades and newer writing appears.

Open only in the most dire of circumstances. - C

Looks like this "C" character is toying with me. Anyway, it's 8:30 in the morning on the Sunday so I get up and put the envelope in my safe.

"Uhm..." begins Luna. "Dad, what does alabaster mean? And who is "C"?"

"I don't know, Luna." I lied. I know what alabaster mean, and I know who "C" is too. But I don't think now is the right time to tell her. Of all the questions she had, why ask those particular two? Great, now my head is going to be buzzing with questions and it's looking like it'll be on my mind all day. Instead of watching tv, I manage to convince Luna to accompany me on a walk into the forest, at the far end of the road where our house is. Our. Why did I just say that?

We try not to go too deep to lose the way home, then we eventually stumble upon what used to be my favourite tree when I was a kid. This tree was massive, you'd need five people holding hands to wrap around the tree trunk. The tree itself was growing on the edge of a bank, on one side of a gorge, and at some point the weight of the tree combined with the loosely compacted dirt of the bank caused it to simply fall getting completely uprooted in the process and bridging the gap to the other side of the gorge. We called it the climbing tree.

"Oohhh, what a big tree! How did this happen to it?"

"It fell over. I wasn't around when it fell, my it would have been amazing to see it happen! But I do remember one time when I was at my cousins house at a river they had running next to their house. It was after a huge storm and flooding, and we were playing in the river. There was a cracking sound, so we look behind us and this great big huge tree fell across the river!"

"Maybe I can put it back?" asked Luna.

"How would you even do that?" I asked

"Let me just..." Closing her eyes like a vice, Luna tried focusing all the energy she has into her horn. It sparks and fades several times, as does the dim blue aura around the tree, but to no avail. "Awww, It didn't work, I'm not strong enough." she whines, pouting and digging at the dirt with her hoof. "I'm no good at anything."

"Never say that ever again!" Luna is startled by my outburst, so I calmly sit down in front of her and explain. " You can do anything you want, and it's always going to look nice. 'Cause you did it, and you're wonderful, and you have to believe that." We hug. "Thanks dad."

It's about one o'clock at this stage, we spend most of the time wandering around the tree and the surrounding area looking for new and interesting things. Other than a few bullet shells and clay pidgeon targets, nothing out of the ordinary. Some things are hard to explain, like bullets for example. Luna would have a breakdown if I told her what they were and their purpose, so i explained that the orange discs got thrown into the air and you would try to hit them with smaller bits of metal for fun. Luckily she bought it. Yet another bullet dodged, no pun intended.

Lunch is very overdue at this point, as we both can tell by the rumbling of our stomachs. I clear my throat to gain Luna's attention *AHEM* "Princess, doest though care to accompany us into thy kitchen for a luncheon?" I tried my best at speaking Old English like Luna does from time to time, she hasn't been exposed to it on Earth so it mus be something that just comes naturally to her.

"We would be most grateful to accept thine invitation!"

Oh yeah, nailed it!

Lunch is nothing special, just some tomato sandwiches and juice while watching the beginning of season three of Doctor Who like I promised Luna yesterday, then settling down to watch the first half of the season for the rest of the afternoon. It puzzles me, she doesn't get scared by a lot of the things I assumed someone else her age would. Speaking of age, how old is Luna? How old would she have been when I found her? That's something I'm going to have to figure out, if at all, seeing is I have no idea at what pace Luna is going to age or mature.

After a troubling night and running around for most of the day, it's time to go to bed early and for once, Luna is in agreement. As much as I love having Luna sleep in the bed with me mainly because of how cute she is with the safety and comfort it gives her, eventually I'm going to have to give her, her own bed. For now I get in, pull the covers over us and sleep.

Author's Note:

The explanation of the Dreamscape and it's literal connection to other universes is something I made up completely off the top of my head as I went, to give my best possibe explanation. It's not my headcanon or anything, but what is, as far as Doctor Whooves goes, is. Somehow the TARDIS "jumped" from one universe to the other like in season two as I mentioned.

For those who are wandering, "TT Capsules" are what is used to refer to more than one TARDIS. I was struggling to find the plural for more than one TARDIS so I google searched it and wrote in the first explanation I found.

Also, alabaster is another word for white.

If I wrote this chapter right, I left some points in explaning the whole Astral Plane thing open-ended so please, feel free to make up your own headcanon about it.

I'm struggling to think of good plot to continue telling the story from point of view of Luna being a filly, so I might have to start accelerating the plot a bit.

One more thing. Shout out to "darkponyD" (http://www.fimfiction.net/user/darkponyD) for giving me the idea to write The Doctor into the story. I hope you enjoy it, please don't be disappointed if it's not to your liking, I did my best.