• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 9,920 Views, 338 Comments

My Little Luna - Alcatraz



During a freak thunderstorm, a lightning bolt somehow brings a filly princess to Earth.

  • ...
35
 338
 9,920

Chapter 6: Work Life and The Doctor

Alarms. Fucking alarms. The bane of any sleepers existence. Just like washing lipstick off of cups at work is for kitchen-hands. Seriously, there's waterproof lipstick! That shit is a bitch to get off. Ladies, when lipstick comes off onto cups, to me, you're wearing too much. But, I digress. As I promised Luna, I made her breakfast and lunch to eat for while I'm gone and lay them on the table, but I try not to wake her so I figured leaving a note saying breakfast and lunch were on the table, and that I'll be home at four.

I love working in kitchens. Even though it gets hot, sticky and stressful the people is what I enjoy the most. Yes, they shout and scream until they're red in the face, but then you've also got the banter, lewd and dirty jokes, and seeing how long two people can last at a back and forth with insults, but it's all in good humor. Plus, free food!

So I get in the car and make the twenty minute drive to work to be there at 10, rather 10 minutes early. I had this teacher in school that always said that "Being on time is being 10 minutes early." Turns out, she was right. It gives me time to put my stuff out the way, have a quick nibble, and use the restroom. Believe me when I say that if you "go" before leaving for work then thirty minutes after you arrive you'll want to go again. But if you go at work, then not so much.

It does get rather busy, and due to me being new at this place things do get slightly backed up and in the end me and the other chef get all the meals cooked and out to the patrons. During clean-down we decide to have a back and forth for kicks and giggles.

"That service was a bigger fail than your mums condom!" Begins Anne, the resident chef and my boss.

"Oh yeah!? Well you're the c*m your mum should've swallowed!" The rest of the workplace let out a collective "OOOHHHHHH!!!" That left Anne speechless, so I pull out another one before she me to it. "You literally made Adolf Hitler get off his dick-throne in the midst of the flames of Hell, walk into the bathroom and sob quietly in the corner of a shower. He held a bottle of cheap whiskey in his shaking hand no longer secure in his position as the worlds least likeable human being." Everyone within earshot, even Anne herself, let loose a fit of laughter. Everyone stopped what they were doing, not by choice, but because they were laughing too hard.

"Alright, alright! I concede, you're the king of banter. Sheesh, I'm surprised I haven't cut myself on your wit already."

Oh yeah, gotta love work life.

After writing my hours down on the time sheet and returning home I'm met with a flying tackle-hug.

"Oh my gosh I missed you so much why didn't you say goodbye?!"

"Well hello sweetie! It's good to see you too. Sorry about that, You looked like an absolute angel when you're asleep that I didn't want to disturb you. Anyway, if you let me get cleaned then I'll get dinner started." Nothing builds up a sweat faster than working in a hot kitchen on a scorching summers day.

"Can I come too? I try to wash myself, but I can't reach my back and wings."

"Of course you can!"

It'll be a good idea if I keep my boxers on for this. Luckily for us the tub is big enough for the both of us with room to spare. Turning it on and putting the rubber mat on the floor of the so Luna doesn't slip on the ceramic tub because of her hooves. A rather generous helping of shampoo onto the now sopping wet filly and I start rubbing it into her mane, coat, and well, everything else that has hair, except her face. Don't want to get shampoo in her eyes, that would be an absolute disaster. I can tell Luna is loving how I'm rubbing the shampoo into her; she's positively ecstatic and when I get to her wings to clean those she melts at the touch. Wow, I never knew wings were so sensitive!

I clean myself and wrap a towel around my waist as Luna and I sit on the porch so I can towel dry her as much as possible when POOF! Her mane and coat explode into a ball of fur, covering everything except her head. I find myself rolling with laughter as she sits, staring at me with those not-happy-half-closed-glaring-dagger-eyes. I run inside to get a brush and put on some shorts and t-shirt, taking her into the lounge to watch some tv while I brush down her fur. I wonder. Since Luna's the princess of the night, would she enjoy a show about stars?

"Hey Luna, want to watch a show about a mad man in a box that travels the stars?"

She looks up at me with a curious look. "How can a man travel the stars in a box?"

"Let me show you." I reach down and pluck a case from my Doctor Who collection and put it in. It's a shame really, after hunting through numerous movie and dvd stores I could never find the classic series. So, Season 1 of the latest series. Episode 1, Rose.

We sit and watch it for the next 45 minutes, and Luna never took her eyes off the screen. She never could when we watched something, it's like she's mesmerized by the moving pictures. At the end of it she turned to me and said one word. "More!"

"More?!"

"Yes please! I want to see what else he does. Plus, I like Rose. She's really pretty"

"Hold on, since when was your name Rose?" It took a few seconds for that to register, and she playfully bats me with her hoof.

"Hey don't say that I'm not pretty!"

Too cute. "Ok ok, you're not." That made her look down but I knew what I am doing. I lift her head up and continue "You are the most beautiful thing this planet has on it, and I would not give it away for anything." Luna throws a hug around my neck.

"I love you, dad."

"I love you too"

Never grow old, I think to myself. Never grow old.

Author's Note:

I'm surprised at how much writing I've been doing in the last week since publishing this.
I did say that I wouldn't be able to put out any more chapters for a few days because of work, but oh well, consider yourselves lucky!
It's odd, I don't know why but it seems I can only write up to 1500 words per chapter in about two hours.
I hope you enjoy this one!