• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 5,163 Views, 507 Comments

My Little Pony: Isk is Magic - keyan88



A capsuleer exploring wormhole space finds himself trapped in an unknown system. After discovering the only other sentient species, other than humans, are ponies, adventures ensue. He soon learns there are more important things in the galaxy than Isk

  • ...
19
 507
 5,163

Chapter 12

3 days after the failed invasion Keyan stood in front of the body-length mirror in his quarters. He nervously fiddled with the tight color of his dress uniform. The outfit was expensive, the material it is made out of comes out of a single planet in the Minmatar Empire. The method behind it was a closely guarded secret.

He looked at himself again and shot a cocky smirk to the mirror.

“Damn, I look good,” he said as he adjusted his sleeves.

The outfit he was wearing was primarily a silky black. The high collar and long sleeves provided an air of authority, and the gold trim on the outfit bespoke of class. The creased pants and highly polished black shoes completed the image.

“You think I’m ready Aura? Can’t say I've gone to a wedding before,” he asked the A.I.

After a moment the ship’s speakers turned on to deliver the A.I's reply,

“Yes sir. I do believe you are ready.”

“Damn straight I am Aura. Lets go!” he said as he started to make his way to the shuttle bay.

“Whats the status on the repairs to the city Aura?” he asked the A.I as he turned a corner.

“With the help of your 2 repair drones and the ponies’ magic repairs are progressing at an astounding rate. I predict all repairs will be completed in 2-3 weeks sir.”

“Good. And did you get the casualty reports from Celestia yet?”

“Yes sir. The final count is 376 dead, and 1800 injured. From a population of 126,857 ponies these figures are astounding.”

Keyan smiled,

“Lets just count our blessings Aura.”

“Very well sir”

Keyan turned another corner and didn’t slow down as the door in front of him hissed open. Stepping into the shuttle bay Keyan’s pace didn’t falter as he made his way into a shuttle.

He sat down with a grunt on one of the seats.

“Alright Aura, take me down.”

“Very well sir”

******

Celestia watched as the familiar contrail of Keyan’s shuttle descended from the heavens. Looking to her side she saw Luna standing stiffly. She nudged her slightly,

“Relax sister.”

“We… I am calm sister. I am merely worried for our subjects reaction.”

Celestia nodded slightly. The appearance of Keyan’s ship certainly caused a ripple through the nation. At first ponies in Canterlot were grateful for Keyan’s timely arrival, but soon it started to dissolve into hysteria. Thankfully a quick intervention by the two sisters was able to calm the populace down and the spirit of “love and tolerance” were quickly being applied to the helpful alien.

On her other side were Twilight and friends. The former could barely contain herself, she was literally shaking in anticipation. When she heard Keyan was meeting them in person she immediately went to the library to research proper diplomatic greetings. It had taken the combined effort of Applejack and Rainbow Dash to drag her out of there.

The others were in similar states. Rainbow’s wings kept twitching, slightly bumping Twilight every now and then. Applejack was nervously spit polishing her hat and smoothing the ruffles out of her dress. Rarity was checking her appearance in a much more refined manner. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie rounded off the group, the former was eyeing the descending shuttle with a calm lookr, and Pinkie’s was bouncing in place and muffled whispers of “Welcome to Equestria party!” floated from her direction.

Celestia turned back to the shuttle that was making its final approach now.

****

“15 seconds sir.”

Keyan stood up and faced the door, nervously performing a final check on the state of his outfit.

“Alright,” he said to himself, “Calming down in, 3….2...1.”

As he finished his countdown all traces of anxiety disappeared from his face, this was a useful trick he picked up through many firefights in space. Fighting without a clear head was a surefire way to find yourself short one ship.

Keyan felt the shuttle touchdown.

“Lets do this”

The door opened with a hiss.

****

Twilight could barely contain herself as she watched the door open, far far too slowly for her tastes.

And then Bam, there Keyan was.

The first thing Twilight noticed was the lack of a coat of fur, completely bare except for some on his face. Speaking about his face, there was no muzzle, the nose was small, as were the eyes. His mane was short too, but that wasn't different than most stallions. Then she realized he was tall, at least as tall as Celestia. His clothes looked extremely expensive, Rarity would be impressed. His arms were clasped behind his back giving an air of authority.

He took a step forward, making a metallic clank as his shoe hit the ramp. A second step followed and then another. Soon he was standing in the Castle Courtyard, the first alien to do so.

As one two ranks of guards stepped forward and formed two ranks, slamming their spears on the ground as they did so. They formed two sides of a path leading to group of ponies waiting for him. The crowd that positively filled the courtyard was dead silent.

Keyan took a step, the sound reverberating through the air. The second quickly followed suit.

A few later, roughly a quarter of the way towards them Keyan’s path was cut off by a gray mare suddenly appearing from the crowd in front of him. Everypony present took a collective gasp, not knowing what the alien was going to do.

*****

Keyan almost took a step back as the gray pegasus appeared in front of him. She gave him a goofy grin as her eyes slowly drifted apart from one another.

“Hello?” Keyan said softly.

The mare jumped, as if suddenly realizing what was in front of her. Keyan’s brow furrowed in confusion as the mare turned away from him. Even more so when Keyan realized she was searching around in her saddlebags for something.

After a few seconds She turned back to him with two things in hand(hoof?): a letter and a muffin. She gave him another smile as she held them out to him, urging him to take them.

Keyan slowly reached out his hand, he took the letter first. Opening it up carefully he pulled out the letter contained within,

Hi Mr. Alien!

Thank you for saving my friend!!

Derpy

Keyan looked back up towards the mare, whose face had split into an even wider smile. She was still holding the offered muffin. It was pretty small, sized for a normal pony Keyan supposed, but for him it was a little more than a bite.

He took it and after looking it over for a few seconds popped it into his mouth. He let chewed it for a few seconds before his face broke out into a huge grin as the taste rolled over his mouth.

“Its really good,” he said, although the message was distorted by the muffin still in his mouth.

“I made it myself!” the mare suddenly said, “its my secret recipe!”

Keyan smiled,

“Well, I’ll have to have more sometime.”

Derpy eagerly nodded,

“Do you want to meet my filly?” she suddenly asked, a hopeful expression on her face.

Keyan couldn’t say no to those eyes.

“I would love to.”

Derpy sped off with a grin on her face, disappearing into crowd easily. Before Keyan could take a look around the courtyard she reappeared in front of him, this time cradling a purple filly in her arms.

The filly looked at Keyan with wide eyes before burying her face into her mom.

“Say hello Dinky,” Derpy said softly.

The filly mumbled an incomprehensible response into her moms shoudler.

Apparently Derpy could understand her though,,

“I know hes scary Dinky, but don’t be rude.”

*mumble*

“Yes you can have extra desert.”

Keyan chuckled as the filly began twisting in her mother’s arms. After a few moments of struggling the filly was once again staring at him with wide eyes.

“Hey mister alien, I’m Dinky.” She said in a frightened voice.

Keyan tried putting on a comforting face, it wasn’t exactly something he had practiced before.

“Good to meet you Dinky, I’m Keyan.,” he replied as he held out his hand in front of her.

Dinky stared at it for a few seconds before slowly extending her own. Keyan smiled as he gripped her tiny hoof in his hand, and was elated to see her finally smile back. Keyan looked back up at Derpy,

“Nice meeting you too, but would you mind letting me through to the princess?” he asked her.

Derpy nodded and flew off wherever, calling out over shoulder, “Nice meeting you!” as she did so.

Keyan cleared his throat and replaced his hands behind his back, politician mode was now on again.

He resumed his pace towards the princesses, eyeing the guards as he did so. They were obviously well trained, but a few pairs of eyes followed him as he made his way down the aisle.

He stopped a few steps away from the princesses. He locked eyes with Celestia and Luna and gave them a deep bow.

“Your Majesties, it is an honor to finally meet you.” Keyan said loudly. Projecting his voice so the assembled mass could hear him. “And may I say, you both look positively ravishing.” He added in a much lower volume with an accompanying wink.

Celestia didn’t allow the remark to phase her, although her lips curved slightly upwards. Luna on the other hand glared at him, but couldn’t stop the slight blush from rising to her cheeks.

“Captain” Celestia spoke, “It is an honor to welcome you to Equestria Captain. I hope your stay here is pleasant.”

“I certainly hope so too your majesty.”

Keyan gave Celestia another, shorter, bow and then stepped in front of Luna.

“Princess Luna, It is a pleasure to meet you, and I must compliment you on your night. I am a huge fan.”

Luna straightened her neck, trying to match the height of the slightly taller human,

“Thank you Captain, It is always good to hear praise for our night.” Luna’s voice hitched slightly at the end of her sentence but quickly continued, “And welcome to Equestria.”

Keyan noted that for later and gave her a short bow before continuing onto Twilight. She was the first normal sized pony Keyan saw this close. She looked up at Keyan with wide eyes, her neck craning upwards to see him adequately. Keyan winked and kneeled down in front of her. She drew back slightly in surprise when he suddenly became eye level with her. He gave her a grin.

“Twilight Sparkle, It is an honor to meet you in person. I hope my appearance doesn’t alarm you to much.”

Twilight saw the bait to get her to overreact, she had talked to him so much she could easily spot his attempts.

“Not at all Captain, I think our friendship will only grow from here. And please, call me Twilight.”

Keyan nodded at her and moved over to Rainbow Dash.

“How are the wings?” he asked quietly.

She looked over her shoulders and gave them a few flaps.

“They’re perfect,” she said in a small voice.

She suddenly turned back to Keyan and stared at him for a second. Keyan wondered what she was thinking but that question was quickly answered as she threw her legs around him, pulling him into a deep hug. Keyan hesitated for a seconds before returning it.

“Thanks you Key, thank you,” she said softly.

Keyan patted her back comfortingly,

“No problem Rainbow. Friends don’t leave friends hanging right?”

Keyan could feel Rainbow break out into a smile.

“Thats my line.”

They held the hug for another few seconds before Rainbow pulled back from him. Keyan gave her another smile before moving to Applejack.

He immediately held out his hand,

“Raincheck on that handshake?”

Applejack smiled at him and immediately grabbed his hand. Keyan idly wondered how she did that with hooves but quickly stomped that down, it wasn't worth worrying himself over. The thing that was worth worrying over was the crushing amount of pain he was feeling in his hand as Applejack firmly shook his hand.

“Pleasure to met ya partner!” she said jovially.

“Yea, same here,” Keyan choked out through the pain.

Eventually Applejack released him, and to her credit only laughed for a second when she saw his expression. Keyan glared at her as he moved on to Rarity.

Rarity eyed him up and down for a few seconds,

“Well, for such an uncouth gentlecolt you certainly can clean up well.”

Keyan sighed,

“Rarity, I know I didn’t make the best first impression, and I’m sorry. But lets at least try to get along okay?”

Rarity stared at him for a few seconds,

“Well, I suppose I can overlook you previous behavior, But, only if you give me some of that absolutely wonderful fabric your outfit is made of!”

Keyan chuckled,

“I’m not sure what I have, but I’ll look around.”

Rarity flashed him a smile that melted roughly half the stallions in the crowd.

Keyan stepped in front of Fluttershy, who was surprisingly not acting very shy.

“Its good to meet you Keyan,” she said in a tender voice, “I hope you like it here.”

Keyan looked at her,

“Are you okay Fluttershy? I thought you would be more… shy?” He offered hesitantly.

“Well, you’re my friend. And I shouldn’t be shy around my friends,” she said wih a small smile.

Keyan grinned,

“That works for me.”

He let out a yelp of surprise as Pinkie Pie pulled him to her with an iron leg.

“Listen Keyan, I have one question and one question only, “ she was uncharacteristically serious.

“Go ahead” Keyan said as he nodded dumbly.

Pinkie looked around as if checking for eavesdroppers,

“Are you ready to party?”

Keyan looked seriously back at her,

“yea”

“good” came Pinkie’s simple reply.

Keyan waited for an inevitable shenanigan but when none occurred he hesitantly stood up.

Well, he tried to at least. What he didn't expect was the orange and purple blur to try to tackle him. It would have worked if the blurs mass was greater.

Keyan looked down on the bundle now located in his arms,

“Hey Scoots, how you doin?”

The filly smiled sheepishly up at him,

“Hey Key. I thought that would work better.”

Keyan smiled and stood up, placing the filly on his shoulders in the process. He turned back the the Princess, who had a smile on her face. Keyan couldn’t help but make a comment,

“I could do this for you too Princess if you laid off the cake a bit.”

Author's Note:

Alright, so the next chapter and possibly the one are going to be Keyan at the wedding. If you have any ideas of what he should do feel free to comment/message them.

Secondly, Camoes. I have 12 currently, 1 miner, 6 for the first set and 5 for the second. I can fit in one more for the second set, and maybe another miner or two. I do still need a pirate(s). Additional people could have small cameos at the end of the story, especially if you want to be in a capital, super-capital, or titan.

Thirdly, Varsity swimming started for me. Its two and a half hours of swimming per day, which is definitely going into cut into my time and energy reserves for writing. Maybe I'll have a free day every now and then during the week to write, but for the foreseeable future updates will most likely be on the weekend,.

Keyan88 out, pce o7