• Published 10th Oct 2013
  • 1,562 Views, 78 Comments

Spike and Scootaloo's Small Adventure - TheLoveless



Scootaloo and Spike do something terrible in Ponyville, and they have to get out of town and fast. Time for an adventure right?

  • ...
13
 78
 1,562

Chapter 4, Welcome to Town

Spike hauled the bag out of the train’s single door, getting slight encouragement from his traveling companion, a “you can do it Spike”, or an easily said, “you got this.” Scootaloo didn’t really enjoy large bags, just the sight of them would hurt her eyes. She hardly wanted to use her saddle bag. “Spike, where are we going to take that stuff? It’s really big and probably heavy.”

Spike stared at the orange filly, watching her as she tried once more to approach each and every pony she could find, “realy? Again with that?” Scootaloo turned head and glared at Spike, “no one is really going to talk with you.” Just as he said that, a stallion stopped, set his bags down, and welcomed Scootaloo to Shady Hollows.

“Thank you, mister!” Scootaloo waved viciously at the stallion as he was on his way. “See Spike, i told you someone would say hello.” She admired her victory over the stubborn dragon, she had captivated over her trip. “So spiky. Where we headed to?”

Spike laughed at her enthusiasm, “well first the bank, i’m not fit to carry this around. Then, i guess we find a place to stay, it’s early.” Looking around the too small station, he found a map of the town, plain in color, but as helpful as Scootaloo. “It should be across the street,” as he expected, it wasn’t.

“So where is it?” Scootaloo tried snatching the map from Spike, getting denied by a swift motion. Falling over Spike, and grounding Spike, she got a glimpse of the map. School was never something of interest, nighter did maps. “You’re holding the map upside down. And here i thought you were smart.” Taking the bag in her mouth, she dragged it inside, “you gonna help me or not Spike?”

Reluctant to provide his help he did it anyways. Pushing the bag as if it was a block of ice on a sheet of sandpaper, inch by inch, the duo made their way inside and across the hall. Getting help from some kindly mares and stallions who pass by. “You really shouldn’t have this much bits in a bag. It could rip.” Shocked at the stallion who decided to carry it the rest of the way, everypony realized who it was. Only one person would consider dressing like that. Cold colored sweater, dark green eyes, and a smile that was unreal. None other than a member of the new society.

A changeling, and a long lost friend.

“I didn’t know changelings lived in Equestria! When did you get here?” Scootaloo bothered the changling who had been jenerous enough to do a favor for two strangers. “I thought celestia sent them to the moon!” She threw two hooves into the air over exaggerating the sun.

Spike once again had to set Scootaloo strait, by that, she got hit with the rolled up map and shunned, “they’ve been allowed here for some time. We just never noticed them.” Pressing on for the banks widespread doors, “they just tried to take over the nation for some reason.” He dropped his head, “Twilight never told me why they did it.”

Entering the banks quiet atmosphere, he took a deep breath, and headed to a coin counter, setting the bag atop the machine. "Well if you want to know why we did it, you could just ask. Nothing to be ashamed of.” He smiled as he untied the bag, and dragged a stool over, hoisting Scootaloo up on top of it and placing Spike on his back, “this is about the only fun part at the bank, so enjoy it while it last.” Standing against the machines cold surface Spike read the instructions of use.

1. Select currency.

2. Select amount.

3. Pour currency into side slot.

4. Take reccit to accounttent.

“Seems easy enough.” Looking at the glass window with 2 bottons he didn’t realy have a choice, his only oprion was Equestria Bits, or to abort. Only one choice that would seem right, he pressed the botton that lead to a new screen. “Amount?” The only options left were 100 Bits, and 250 Bits. Seeming fair enough he pushed the 100 Bits icon, opening a hole on one end of the table while the screen asked to have the money inserted.

“Well, that’s creepy,” Scootaloo placed a coin on the metal slab and watched as it slide down the tray until dropping. After witch a loud noise erroupted from the machine, and a zero on the machine became a one. "Okay, that needs to be about 1% cooler.” She scolded the magnificent machine that had nearly rivaled Rainbow Dash in coolness.

Placing 2 more bits in, they watched as they tumbled down curious of why they didn't dump the whole bag in. Scootaloo began pushing the bag over the edge with her mane. getting stopped by a flaming horn. "Don’t do that, you’ll break the machine.” Realizing what he had said, and who he said it to, he tipped the bag over, sending 97 bits down the mettal shelf into thier respective hole.

“So you can tip it, but i can’t?” The filly was slightly angered, but amazed at the stampede of coins, as they tumbled into the dark abyss. Angered at the coins comming to a stop, she took an extra coin and added it to the line of coins. "Now it’s 101 bits!” She laughed evilly at her actions, enjoying her devious plot against the machine and the bank.

Everyone stared at her, shocked at what she had done, “its okay, the machine will switch to 250 coin count mode. We can add more!” To happy for his health, he got Scootaloo to unload half the bag unto the metal sheet, watching as the changeling removed any items that weren't meant to be inserted. Mostly small bits of hair, and a few indifrent gems, not catching Spike’s eye.

“So, do you work here?” Spike asked curios of their newly founded friend, relieving something they had forgotten to ask about. "What’s your name?”

He let out a slight chuckle, finally remembering some ponies and dragons still asked about changelings names, “well i didn’t have a name at birth, but i go by Fire Brush. Even though i’m a banker,” he grinned widly, glad the youth of the world knew how to ask politly.

After another 250 coins got dumped and 2 bank slips had been collected from the machine, they waited to get an account made, shocked as of why they hadn’t made one earlier. "Oh, could you give us some of the money from this?” Spike placed the check he got a while back onto the table, sliding it to Fire Brush. Whom added it to thier account and gave enough to make it by for a week or two.

Greatful of their happy and cheerful changeling banker, they set off in search of an area to sleep the night away. "Bye Mr. Brush!” Scootaloo called as she left the pair of duoble doors dragging Spike along, who was entrusted with the bits.

“Hey Scootaloo, why do you always trust me with important stuff?” Spike shuffled through his bag looking for his little special item, and next to it was Scootaloo’s glass heart engraved with R.D. in the middle.

She paused and turned to face her dream dragon, “i trusted you with it because i know you won't break it. Is that okay?” Spike srugged and replaced it in the bags soft cove, catching up to Scootaloo.

“Good enough for me.”


Hours had passed and the sun had reached a little past mid day. Lunch, however, was not a main priority. Not having groceries or a place to stay conributed to this. "Okay. According to this,” he pointed at the map, allowing Scootaloo to see, “there is an apartment complex around here.” Both happy and sad, they left in search of the mysterios biulding that wasn’t where the map said it would be.

“Did you read the map correctly this time?” Scootaloo glaired into Spikes eyes, hoping to get a result faster.

Spike hit Scootaloo’s head with the map once more, “its right thier,” his claws drifted to the rigth, where, unshockingly, lied the complex. "It said it’s only 120 bits a week,” depending on the size of the room. "You ready to go Scootaloo?”

She was already ahead of him, dragging him through the dirt toward the housings, “i’ve been ready! Come on lazy, lets get a move on!” Scootaloo stopped dragging her friend and walking to the main room of the buildings. She began the sign-up for a room.

“Scootaloo.” A pair of keys hit him on the nose, dropping to the floor before him. "Whats this?” He picked up the keys. On the ring was a tag marked with a number, B2.

“I got us a cheap room!” The excitement in her voice could shader the thickest of hearts with mear dust. "Only 95 a week!”

Spike was overjoyed, “okay thats good. I’m going to get some groceries.” Spike felt an award was due for her great attempt to get a apartment room. "What would you like from the store? For dinner, i guess.”

She hadn’t expected something like this from Spike, especially after the past few hours. "What do you want?” Scootaloo smiled as she looked around for anypony who might have seen.

“Well i wanted to know what you wanted, you’ve earned something special.” He returned the happy smile, and returning the same question once again.

“Why not something… Noddle. Like spaghetti?” She placed her hooves together, hoping her choice was a good one. "Is that okay?”

Spike turned and headed in the opposite direction, “ya, that would be fine. I’ll be back soon.” Spike slightly regreated her choice. Nooddles never settled easy with him. Hard foods were better, but you’d do anything for the one you love. Most anything.


“So.” Spike placed a miniature pot on the table and tossed in a box of noodles. "Do you know how to make spaghetti?” Scootaloo returned a blank look of surprize. She had made it once with Applebloom, but it got burned.

She laughed slightly, “I’ve made it once, but it didn’t turn out right.” Looking at the box she decided to take thinks into her own hoofs. "I could try. But you need to help me.” She poked Spike with the box of noodles, hopping he understood. He did, and took the box from the filly, not wanting to get poked again. Opening the box and pouring some noodles into the pot, and waiting for further instructions.

Through a series of attempts, they managed to get water into their pot, and set it to boil. After 5 minutes of boiling water, and noodles floating in the water, they decided it was done, and served it on the plates that came with the room. Paper plates. "Well there’s the food, and lets hope we live to eat another day!” The over joyed filly launched a hoof into the air with enthusiasum, stardaling Spike.

“So you’re thinking there's a change we could die?” Scootaloo nodded while taking a bite of the semi-soft noodles. Spike, not wanting to witness Scootaloo die before him, ate a good amount of noodles. Enjoying them greatly, with there hard centers, and something to chew. "Well if you die, i’m going with you.”

Scootaloo gave Spike an awkward look, then brought a hoof to her face. "What?” She let out a sigh, and explained herself, “if we both die, then who will tell Rainbow Dash and Twilight what happened?” She took a deep breath, “who will tell them about the pasta that killed a filly or a dragon?”

“Okay then.” Spike grinned wildly, “then promise me you won't die.” He pushed himself atop the table holding out his claw, “promise me you won't die before me.”

“Fine. I woun’t die before you. Under one condition.”

“And what might that be?” Curious as always of her new plans to ruin his happyness in the fastest way posible. He regretted making his choice.

“We will share the bed,” Spike looked at her in shock.

"What?”

Its about as long as big macintosh, so we can share it.” She smiled widly at her choice. Petting a set of sheets next to her side. Hoping spike would pile in them soon.

Looking at the spot next to the filly, he second guessed her kindness, “if it keeps you from dieing before me, i guess i have too.” Resenting her kindness on the outside, he was overjoyed with the thought of sleeping next to her. "But no weird and strange things in the bed, i don’t like apples in my bed.” Watching scootaloo push an apple over the bedside, she waited for his arrival atop the blankets, and for him to sleep.


Just as she had planned, Spike was in the bed next to her, and the lights were off. As any exhausted creature would act, Spike, like most nights, had passed out, and laid helplessly before his new tormentor. ‘Now you’re all mine,’ reaching a hoove over him, and dragging him closer, she kissed his cheek, and settled in herself, smiling greatly, and dreaming of lively roses, and sparkling waters. ‘I’ll get you one day Spike. Just you wait.’


Waking up as early as ever, the clock read five o’clock. Spike was still out, and only one thing was on her mind. Pancakes. Trying to get the mix off the shelf, Spike stopped her, grabbing her hoof, and lowering it, “I don’t think you should try making those.” Smile on his face, and bags under his eyes, he removed the box, and placed it back, realizing the complexity of it. "Why don’t we try making toast?” Smiling widely and directing the filly to their low grade toaster.

Author's Note:

the town they are in is Shady Hallows. Not sure if it has an episode, but this is the town sofar.

next up, we get more serious, and silly