• Published 10th Oct 2013
  • 1,562 Views, 78 Comments

Spike and Scootaloo's Small Adventure - TheLoveless



Scootaloo and Spike do something terrible in Ponyville, and they have to get out of town and fast. Time for an adventure right?

  • ...
13
 78
 1,562

Through the flowers

Some time had passed on the train ride, the sun was overhead and on the other side of the sky. Light from the nearby window shown onto Spike’s eyelids, stirring the small dragon. Luna, unaware of Spike, had watched the filly who rested on her leg. Anypony who had a dream like his would be in a perfect mood. Spike crept up to Luna with no stealth at all. He made it two yards away before she noticed him, “Good morning, Princess Luna!” the look on his face resembled a silly gray mare, with golden hair.

“Good evening, Spike,” the smile upon her face was as happy as it could have been since she came back from the moon. ‘Should i tell him what i did? Or just let him have his way with her, like she did him?’ Luna’s heart and soul had conflicting ideas, and neither would end would help them out. “How was your night, uh, day?”

Spike was off edge and unaware of what he was asked, “It was okay.” Pressing his face against the cushions, he muttered something inaudible. Realizing his actions and their stupidity, he took a seat and waited for Luna to do something, or just start the conversation.

For a minute or so, the stared at the orange filly, making sure neither one saw the other doing it. Luna had made the first move, and sadly the winning move, “Spike i know what you want with her.” A flush of red came over his cheeks, making them a light purple-pink. Luna let out a laugh, “It worked!!! knew it would work. Okay Spike, would you like anything?” Luna looked at Scootaloo making sure she was out, “She’s asleep… There's a lot of possibilities.” A dark and playfully devious smile crept onto her face.

Spike only had one idea, and his only idea was all he could hope for. An asleep filly about is age, a pony who rules the night and could mess with dreams, and one curious young dragon. “Um, this may sound creepy and perverted-ish, but could you find out what she’s dreaming about?” Luna already promised him one thing, but who wants to do something they get told to do? “Just for a minute or so.” He was just as intent as she was the first time she got asked.

“Okay Sweetie, i‘ll take a look. But if i’m not back in 5 minutes or so, just assume i’m having fun. Don’t wake me up.” With that said and done she proceeded to the filly’s subconscious and began her search for Spike.


Scootaloo’s dream was as colorful as Spikes, but instead of trees, there was a meadow filled with Daisies, Jasmines, and Zinnia. They stretched across the field for miles on end, taking in the beauty and exotic flowers would kill all peace of mind and replace it with the amazement of the natural world. Luna picked a Zinnia just to watch it wither in her hoof. The same with the Jasmine and Daisy. Even touching them with the slights movement destroyed their beauty. Watching her step, not wanting the Zinnia to fade, she killed countless Daisies and Jasmine.

After about 200 Daisies, and 500 Jasmine faded to dust. She saw what seemed to be Scootaloo and Spike. Both of the children seemed happy, but Scootaloo had tears in her eyes. Why would she be sad? She’s with Spike. Nothing happened, but the two hugging for a while, and flowers fading as the clouds floated over. Spike, like most things in the world faded to ashes, and got blown away from the world, like a paper in the wind. Scootaloo was left alone, crying even more that before.

“Why?”

The first words spoken in the dream for a whole 5 minutes. Luna held back her tears, and her will to help her get her beloved back. ‘No, Luna, you can’t help her. We can’t do anything here,’ she turned around and started to destroy flowers with her hooves, clearing a place to cry in solitude before returning to Spike.

Once more the orange filly spoke, “Why couldn’t you just have stayed and loved me?” She buried her face into the ground to hide her face from the flowers. Pressing onward, the clouds engulfed the world in a sea of darkness, enveloping the flowers in its everlasting night in the day. The world had become barren, and dull once more. The Zinnia Luna had saved from her wrath, eaten away in the dark. It was time to go.


Spike was waiting patiently for Luna’s return and response, sitting on the edge of his seat. “Welcome back, Ms. Luna!” His voice was as happy as could be. “ Um, Luna did you find anything interesting?” Spike was just like Scootaloo, eager for answers.

Luna, once more, had been shot from her sky, and brought down to earth. The sadness of Scootaloo had taken over, “Spike, i’d rather not share what i saw in there,” She pointed to the purple hair of the filly on her lap. “What i have seen is of no ones concern, not even mind.” Her decision was final, but that wasn’t what she wanted to do. “To make up for that, i’ll let you,” She took a deep breath, surprised she’d let Spike take advantage of a sleeping girl, “Hug her.”

Spike had lost it, “Are you sure?” The thought of him getting to hug her, was none the less unbearable. Luna gave a reassuring shake of her head, and Spike was up and at it. he approached the filly who was now in the air thanks to the magic of a very sweet and generous mare. Luna placed her into Spike’s small arms, helping him keep her from falling as he hugged her, reaching his arms around her, hesitating to go further, “Thank you Princess Luna. Thank you for the Gift of the world.”

With her magic she moved the unconscious filly back to her lap and started to correct the ground rules once more, “This didn’t happen, i didn’t see anything and i’ll wake her up.”

Spike nodded and took a seat, while Luna poked Scootaloo's bottom nose, along with shaking her head. The filly woke up with tears in her eyes, “Is Spike up?”

Author's Note:

this chapter was deleted accedently. some grammar may be off. i apologize fro my inconviniance.

the update is anoying me, so sorry if i screew up