• Published 10th Oct 2013
  • 10,643 Views, 816 Comments

On My Honor - Honored Service



Honored Service, the human that saved Equestria from any evil you can name. A warrior at heart, who's special talent is killing and maiming anything that seeks to cause harm to those he cares for, is sentenced to a normal life in Ponyville.

  • ...
51
 816
 10,643

Immortality Please, Hold the Rebirth

Chapter 26

On My Honor

By Honored Service

Immortality Please, Hold the Rebirth


I stared at the demon still clutching the bloody dagger in his hand as he gave it a fancy swirling motion around his fingers. Guide or rather Treachery, was still staring at me with a surprised look on his face.

“Well I’ll be honest with you human, I did not see you doing that.” Treachery quipped floating around the area in front of me. He grinned madly again before flipping upside down and vanishing from sight. I scanned the area using the suit’s spell matrix and waited for him to show his hand.

“Yeah, I’m just chalk full of surprises. Just like you.” I said, venom dripping from my words as I spoke to thin air, knowing that Treachery had to be listening.

“Now don’t get upset human. I’m a demon, and I’m afraid that you lost. But I’ll give you credit, you made it so far! So very close, but close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades.” Treachery’s slick, evil voice rolled out from nearly every way around me. I grinned and reached down towards my waist line.

“That’s not a bad idea.” I dropped the silver cylinder to the ground with a small ‘tink’ that echoed through the whole plane around me.

CRACKKKKKK FIZZZZZZ

The suit around me locked up, shutting down form the magic cancellation grenade that I had Twilight cook up. It overloaded any and all magical sources within a small radius and would need at least a few minutes to get them back up and functioning. In magic wielding creatures, like unicorns, the magic grenade acted like a flash-bang grenade. It disoriented and caused the magic caster to lose their ability to cast spells for a few short minutes. But that was all I needed.

Treachery dropped to the ground with a ‘thud’ across from me, a crossbow with a wicked tipped arrow skitted away from him as he hit the rocky earth. “Nice trick.” He grumbled, standing up and clapping his hands, waiting for something to happen. Thanks to the grenade magic, nothing did. “But I can still move and your magic powered suit is now going to be your tomb.” Treachery laughed while stepping towards me while unclasping the dagger still coated in Night Rose’s blood.

My smile was as large as it could possibly be. Too bad the darn helmet hid it from the cocky demon.

CLICK- HISSSSSS

I activated the manual suit override and swung the back open along with the legs and arms. The appendages opened allowing me to move back out of the suit. Stepping around the cold, powered down armor, I meet Treachery’s startled eyes. To top off my dramatic exit, I activated my void magic, showing Treachery that while the suit would be useless for another few minutes, it had shielded my body from the grenade's effects. Treachery looked beyond dumbfounded as I reached up over my head and drew the sword of Protection from my back.

“You just got pranked.” I said stepping towards the short little demon who dropped the dagger and began to backpedal while extending his wings and flapped them madly, trying to take off. His magic gone, if only for a couple minutes, meant that he could do nothing but try and fight me one on one.

Except I had magic.

And guns.

And explosives.

And super strength.

And an Element of Sanctuary.

Who said I would play fair? I was the king of demons after all.

Treachery stopped trying to run and looked at me with anger burning in his eyes. “I will not be beaten by some worthless mortal!” He charged towards me, scooping up his dagger as he ran towards me, his goat hooves clicking loudly against the stones making up our battle ground. “You will taste the bite of my blade and feel the pain of my tricks!” He shouted as loudy as he could closing the distance between us.

SHINK

I swung the sword forward, igniting Void magic along the deep red blade. The intricate designs carved into the blade began to glow a bright green matching the void magic that now coursed through the blade. The five pointed star resting in the middle of the hilt and crossguard began to ignite with a mix of swirling green and purple void magic, powering the powerful enchantments held within the blade. I took my stance as Treachery’s assault slowed. He began to rethink his strategy while staring at the magical blade. He still stood against me though, I tossed my smoky black wings open, the large wings that extended off my back dwarfed the demon as he took another step backwards. I held them open angrily and flared them, giving them a good flap to insure he would get the point. Treachery still glared at me.

I rolled my eyes and reached down to my thigh and unclasped the military issued Beretta with ‘Spike’ etched along the barrel. I aimed it at the demon who now looked like he was shitting his fur.

“I don’t fight fair.” I said while lining up the shot and firing.

Treachery jumped back, the round grazing against his leg, and sent him stumbling backwards. Blood began to leak from his wounded leg, staining the rocks he moved across. He stood back up and leaned away from his now injured leg. “You can’t kill me!” He shouted violently at me, leaning back and hurling the dagger at me. The blade flew directly at my neck, but the sword, fully covered in void magic, sliced the punny blade in two. “I am the God of this layer! You are in my world!” Treachery screamed at me desperately.

“Silly demon,” I said chuckling lightly to myself while approaching him, “Gods don’t bleed.” I drove the blade forward, stabbing Treachery through the gut, right above his fur covered bottom, and drove up to the hilt. Treachery stared at me the entire time, a look of pure disgust and pain forever etched onto his face. “That was for Night Rose.” I said angrily. I aimed the pistol directly between his eyes, “and this is for my pleasure.” I squeezed the trigger and relished in the quick snapping of his head backwards as the round quickly ended his life. I jerked the blade back, sliding the dead demon onto the ground. I looked down and noticed that he had no clothing on that I could take as the final piece to my shoulder cape.

I quickly looked around, insuring that I was alone and sliced off a thin layer of Treachery’s fur. Using the heat of the void magic on the edge of the sword I sealed the bottom of the fur and walked over to the dormant suit of power armor. I reached up and magically attached the hide from the final demon onto the mismatched patterned shoulder cape. I nodded in approval at it and sheathed the Sword of Protection. I tapped the cold armor and waited for it to reactivate. Maybe Twilight added a little too much juice in that grenade.


Luna stared in shock straight ahead of her. She simply watched as Celestia and Discord worked together to try and patch up Night Rose. Tune had been sent to the Ponyville hospital for assistance. Honored. That. That. That no good, heartbreaking, bastard! Luna was so furious. So angry that she wanted to get back on the rune beside her and run her horn through his throat. He had sent them back, all of them back to the surface and left himself in the Underworld alone.

She looked at the dormant rune beside her knowing that it would be impossible to go back without all the original casters there to power it up again. And Honored was still down there. Luna thought back to the very instant she knew it was over for her human. Night Rose had been stabbed. She was brutally rendered helpless by that demon guide. She knew they were not supposed to trust him but they did. And he had been the final demon ruler all along. He knew their plans, the way they fought, the way they thought. And Honored was with him all by himself. He was going to di-

“Luna please! We need your help!” Celestia shouted from across the yard. She had her two forehooves pressed against Night Rose, while Discord held a blood soaked bandage against her back, trying to slow the bleeding. Celestia pleaded with her eyes at Luna who finally shook her head and stood up on shaky legs. Luna walked over and began to cast her healing spell on the injured mare.

The demon’s blade had struck deep and true, just barely nicking Rose’s spine. She was most likely in shock still, and if the blade had touched a nerve, she would be experiencing agonizing pain. Luna reached out with her magic and placed Night Rose in a deep, painless sleep. At once the bat pony stopped struggling and went limp. Luna finished her healing spell that closed the wound and mended the damaged flesh below the surface. She would still need medical care and observation for a few days, but they had acted quickly so the chances of her surviving were looking pretty good.

“Did he tell you not to tell me?” Luna asked softly, looking up to her sister who stood closer to her. Celestia gave a sad smile, trying to brush the blood off her front. The stark red blood against the near snow white coat was so contrasting that Luna felt so strange looking at it.

“Yes. He… Luna he knew you would never leave otherwise.” Celestia paused and gave up trying to wipe away the blood. She sat beside Luna and looked at the rune before them. “He told me that if anyone of us was to get hurt, to activate the spell and get out of there.” Celestia sighed and removed the old modified human helmet from her head and sat it beside her while also removing the flak jacket and web waist belt that held her pistols and storage pouches. “He wasn’t willing to complete this mission if one of us got hurt. He knew that.”

“I hate him.” Luna said, tears streaming down her cheeks as she hurled the machine gun across the yard. She ripped the battle pack from her back and threw it too. Shredding the armored neck pieces and body armor she tossed everything into a pile before yelling into the air and falling down to the ground. Luna began to sob heavily while slamming a forehoof to the ground. “Damn him. I loved him and now? Now he is gone.”

“Shhh. Shhh.” Celestia cooed, stroking Luna’s slightly dirty mane. “He is still alive. He is still fighting. He will make it back, imortal as you and me.” Celestia didn’t believe the words coming from her mouth even as she spoke them. Even with all them against Hades himself, Celestia believed that the emergency teleportation crystal would have been used anyway. She had money on it being Honored that had gotten hurt first, then Luna, and then herself. Night Rose was pretty far down the list because of how sneaky she could be.

“He had better be freaking immortal.” Luna said bitterly. “Because I’m going to kill him if he makes it”

“Hush now Lulu. Just hang in there. Have faith.” Celestia looked down the road form Honored’s house as Tune appeared over the horizon with a few medical ponies from the hospital riding atop him. The ponies arrived and immediately got to work on Night Rose and preparing her for transfer back to the hospital.

“Well C. It was a fun run wasn’t it?” Discord said slowly sliding up beside the Princesses. “He sure was a champion, I’ll give him that.”

“NO!” Luna shouted back at the Lord of chaos. “He has been brought back from the dead. He as vanished for a year, and then just walked back into the castle. He will come back! I know he will!” Luna said strongly, tears flowing down her matted cheeks. “He has too.” She added softly to herself.


“Finally! Christ almighty if I had known it would take this long for the magic to restart I would have fucked with that little bastard longer.” I said climbing into the armor. I placed my legs into the armored legs and wiggled them into place. My chest fitted perfectly, even with the gear on my chest rig, into the armor’s main section. My arms reached into the armor and gripped the manual controls and released the armor. The magic flickered to life as the pandora crystal bursted into light, the magic pouring forth like a rushing river. The suit closed around me, enclosing my body into the hardened magic infused metal armor. The heads up display flickered to life and displayed a few warnings and ammunition count. The leg talisman was damaged, so I would have to repair those manually if they got any more damaged. I looked passed the dead demon's body and towards the bright lighted doorway that had appeared not long after Treachery had been killed, but for the last fifteen minutes I had simply stared at it.

What was I going to do?

I was going to fight a God on my own now. I had rehearsed it with Discord, but actually fighting him? What was I thinking sending all my friends back. I swallowed my fears and stood up straighter, the armor moving with me. I shouldered my rifle and walked towards the doorway. This was it. There was no going back. Only to keep going.

Knock Knock Tartarus, Honored’s here.

I gave a final nod and charged towards the doorway, rfile brought to bear and ready to fire. I passed through the doorway and was blinded by the sudden light as I entered Tartarus.

“Ggggrrrrrrrrr.” I looked around as my vision slowly returned to normal. I found myself staring up at a massive three headed dog. It had its teeth bared and long trails of saliva dripped from its lips as it continued to to give off a deep growl.

“Of course. How could I have forgotten about Cerberus.” I groaned loud as the beast dove towards me. I jumped to the side and activated the magical thrusters launching myself into the air. From above I was able to get a much better look at the new challenge before me. Cerberus stood before a massive gate the opened into another plane beyond it. Cerberus was nearly as long as an eighteen wheeler and was almost twenty feet tall. “Thats a big dog.” I said looking at the beast. I had no clue on how to beat this thing. It was far too big for my firearms to actually hurt it. My void blade would be able to do something to it, but I really didn't want to get that close to the dog. Those three jaws were looking mighty sharp and full of teeth.

‘Who’s a good boy?” I shouted down at the dog. “You want a treat?” Cerberus cocked his head and looked at me. He did stop growling though. That was a good thing. Maybe there was a dog beneath those massive jaws and gnashing teeth. I slowly began to descend down towards the dog. If he wasn’t destructive, like when Twilight sent him back, then maybe I could too. It would be easy.

“GROWL!” Cerberus jumped into the air at me, his jaws opening wide intending to snatch me out of the air. I quickly dumped magic into the thrusters and launched myself back into the air, making sure to shoot extra flames down. The magical flames scorched against the dog’s mouths causing him to recoil. I smiled as the dog whimpered at the burned skin around his face. Then he looked up and growled again, this time even deeper and louder than before.

“Oh crap.” I groaned as the dog leapt into the air, trying to rip me from the air. I was still a good ways up from him, but he was trying his hardest to get enough air to reach me, but to no avail. “I’m just going to have to fight this damn thing.” I groaned to myself and quickly dropped towards the ground, aiming directly at the demon three headed dog. At the last second I flew to the side as the dog clamped his mouths at me. Cerberus was pissed as he growled and began chasing after me while the suit tore through the air.

WHAM

I dropped to the ground, the suit’s display letting me know one of the thrusters was down. I spiraled down to the ground and skidded along the ground. The flashing lights and warning alarms were screaming at me as I sat up in the suit and pulled my rifle up to me. I stood up and faced down the charging devil dog. I aimed the weapon, ready to fire, when the dog suddenly stopped.

“What are you waiting for?!” I screamed at the dog. Anger flooded my body as I glared at the dog, flicking the safety off on the rifle and began to squeeze the trigger.

“He waits on commands from his master.” A calm voice said to my side. I slowly turned my head and gazed towards the voice. A towering mass of pure muscle and demon stood across the plane from me. Draped in a toga of sorts, with random bits of gold armor on his legs and arms, the towering demon stood with a wicked long black bow in his hand before turning it up and it morphed from a bow to a massive solid black staff.

“Hades.” I said quietly as the demon of the Underworld took a ground shaking step towards me.

“You come here to what? I ask mortal to know of what you want to achieve. Why would you try something you are so destined to fail?” Hades asked while stopping beside his guard dog. Cerberus arched his back as Hades reached down and scratched the dog behind his ears. “You have amused me, but I am afraid that you have overstayed your welcome here. But for your daringness against a God, you will have to be reaped and added to the prisoners of Tartarus. In fact, you may know a few of your would be cellmates.” Hades added with a smile that was made of pure sinful evil.

“I…” I started to say but Hades held his hand up, silencing me.

“I care not. Cerberus, attack.”

The dog moved faster than anything I had ever seen. One second he was beside his evil master, the next he was in front of me, jaws snapping at my armor. I slammed a fist forward, nailing one jaw shut around its own tongue, a spray of blood raining around and splashing across the armor. The other two jaws latched around each of my arms and pulled. I was lifted from the ground and the armor once again began to flash warnings at me as the armor was put to the test of yet another demon.

I flared the void magic in my gauntlet and fired a massive blast of magic out into the dog’s left mouth that forced it to let me go. As the dog whimpered, I continued the stream of magic and swung around the dog’s right head before slamming my boots on the top of its head that still gripped my arm in its mouth. The vents activated as soon as they made contact and the blast of magical flames washed over the dog’s ears and eyes, scorching them raw. The jaws released my arm and I toppled to the ground, spinning until I hit the ground. I stood up and crouched down as Cerberus recovered, even with his bloodied mouth and burned face, he still looked menacing. I ran to the side, the armor providing me a good bit of extra speed as Cerberus lunged at me and missed.

I swung around the dog, the air around me rippling as I began channeling raw void magic into my armor. The suit suddenly burst into flames as the void magic caught and i stopped, spinning around and releasing the built up flames. Cerberus's side was open and exposed as I kept the fire pounding into his side. The dog howled loudly as he was cooked from the outside, the fire scorching his flesh and burning the hair, filling the air with a pungent smell.

“ENOUGH!” Hades yelled, slamming his staff to the ground which sent a shock wave rippling through the ground towards me. I toppled backwards as the ground shaking waves bounced me along the ground. “Cerberus, stop playing with your food.” Hades commanded and before I could recover, Cerberus was on me.

I was picked up and flung into the air by one of the snapping jaws of Cerberus. The suit’s systems began to fail one by one as the jaws ripped and chewed their way through the magical crafted armor. “NO!” I shouted as the demon dog crushed through my right arm. White hot pain flashed across my arm as blood began to flow freely down my arm. “God. Damn. Dog!” I shouted while keying up a series of commands to the armor. “Sorry armor. It’s been fun.” I said while activating the command.

KRACK-PSHHHH

The armor split open, and sent me flying from it. As I flew out, I grabbed the sling of the rifle and aimed my gauntlet at the armor. I used my magic to hit the activation button built into the interior of the helmet, under a small plastic cover. As Cerberus separated the legs form the rest of the suit and swallowed them whole, the back power cell cover opened, allowing the Pandora crystal to shine brightly before vanishing down the dog’s gullet with the rest of the suit. I grinned as I wiped a hand across my brow, feeling a slight flow of blood trickle over my eye. “Snack on that.” I whispered while leaning back and hurling the grenade towards the dog.

The blood soaked hand grenade sore straight and true towards the middle head of Cerberus, that because of its wounded tongue, was open to allow the blood to drip out. The grenade landed perfectly down the dog’s throat.

“CERBERUS!” Hades screamed as I dropped to the ground an summoned a void shield around me as I hugged the ground.

‘Nice throw Mars.’ I thought to the other mind within my head, the one that controlled the vast amount of Void magic that I wielded. The dog stopped its lumbering run towards me and slowly till it came to a halt. Suddenly a bright light began to cover up its entire abdomen and the dog growled once more while lunging towards me.

KABOOM

Cerberus, the massive demon dog of Tartarus, vanished in a flash of pure white light and a fine spray of red mist. The plane was silent except for the humming of my magic as I looked up from the safety of my protected spot beneath my shield. The ground was smoking where the dog had just been standing, but now only black smoke and a fine layer of the red splatter of blood covered the area. Hades was staring at me with anger and rage that made me feel my soul being crushed and snapped in every direction. The God of the Underworld took a menacing step towards me as I picked myself up and shouldered my rifle.

Going up against a God. Fucking stupid.

Going up against a God without friends. Beyond fucking stupid.

Going up against a God without friends and destroying my armor in the process. Absolutely fucking beyond stupid to the point of suicide.

I took a deep breath as the angry God raised his staff and transformed it into his solid black bow. He drew his muscle bound arm across it and three arrows appeared along the notch. I took another breath and began to run forward as the arrows were released.

It ends here.


Honored jumped into the air, his wings on his back opening and launching him into the air where he landed on the first arrow and jumped from the first to the second arrow. He ran along the massive projectile before jumping again and landing on the third arrow and somersaulting into the air and flying forwards towards Hades as he reared back and slammed a fist forward, intending to catch the human midair with a powerful punch. Honored ran down along the arm and jumped into the air at the shoulder and swung his foot around, kicking the large demon across his face.

The human dropped to the ground and rolled away as a fist slammed into the ground, blasting Honored back from the sheer force of the punch. The human looked up at the colossus demon sizing up the challenge that was in store for him. He would have to use void magic to enhance any attack he made to insure that it would have some effect on the demon God. The burning black flame the flickered back and forth between the demon’s long bull horns on his head was Honored’s true prize. The flame of immortality.

Hades leaned up from his punch and smirked at the human who recovered from the blast of the punch. “I will allow you one compliment human,” Honored cocked an eyebrow up at the demon, “you are providing me with valuable entertainment that I normally reserve for the surface world.” Hades laughed as he spun his staff along his palm and then tucked it into the crock of his arm. He flipped it around and around before lashing out and bringing the pitch black staff to the ground just as Honored threw a void shield up.

BAM

Honored felt as if his arm was breaking under the sheer force of the hit. He looked up, tears forming in the corners of his eyes as the staff was caught on the other side of his void magic. Using the magic, Honored willed the shield to wrap up and around the staff, Honored gritted his teeth as he forced the staff up and quickly wiped it around, slamming the black staff back into Hades’ startled face. The God staggered backwards as Honored twirled the staff midair and then lashed out again with the staff clasped in his void magic. Honored smiled, he had the advantage now! Surly he could lay waste to the demon with his own weapon.

SNATCH

Honored felt the magical whiplash as Hades grabbed the staff midair and ripped it up over his head, swinging the magical connection like a wip right back into Honored’s outstretched hand. Honored flew backwards from his own magic cancellation blood flowing freely from around his gauntlet on his left hand.

“You have much to learn mortal.” Hades scoffed at the wounded human. But something about the demon gave Honored hope. Hope that was like a small burning candle against the infinite black plane of space that was Hades in this version of never ending Hell.

A near pinprick amount of blood could be seen on Hades’ bottom lip from the staff hit.

Honored gave a small pencil thin smile while sitting up and cracking his neck. Just as he had told Treachery, Gods don't bleed.


Hades was beyond angry. How was the human, the mortal, still alive. His attacks were perfect, the God of Tartarus had practiced for eons and yet this… this disgusting ill trained and sloppy mortal being was dodging them to some degree. Not only that but he was able to land a few hits, as minor as they were, on the God’s body. Hades was having fun at first being entertained by the human’s desperate battle for survival, but now minutes into this fight he was growing increasingly tired of the ‘spunk’ the mortal carried.

Honored once again dove to the ground as Hades pitched a chunk of rock from the dried earth of Tartarus and swung his staff as if it were a baseball bat, knocking the car sized piece of ground towards the human. Honored scrambled farther away as the rock shredded into the ground and blew more chunks of shrapnel everywhere. Honored hissed in pain as another pain raced up his right arm. More blood dripped to the ground as Honored ignored the pain and stood up leveling the rifle at the God. The bullets from the rifle didn’t seem to harm him, but when striking his eyes, it did blind him to a sense. And this gave Honored precious seconds of peace from the relentless attacks from the God.

Honored rolled to the ground as Hades clasped a massive hand to his eyes, shielding them from the barrage of rounds. He slowly lowered his hand and looked down at the human, his mammoth staff crashed into the ground and ripped the hardened fire scorched earth of Tartarus into the air. Honored panted heavily as blood dripped down the side of his face and his arm gave another sharp jab of white hot pain. The mortal human glared up at the tower of a God that glared right back at him, giving him the look one would give a cockroach that was caught when the lights came on.

“Look at yourself! You're not a God! You’re a weak mortal that thinks it has the ability to decide the fate of a world! I have lived for eons and you are not but a speck of dirt floating through this world. And your decision to come here will be in vain!” Hades, lord and ruler of the Underworld, roared at the human as his own sinister demon magic flared to life, coursing through the veins that covered his muscle bound arms.

“You're right Hades,” Honored yelled back while reaching into his pocket and pulled a small glowing purple bullet out before dropping it into the open chamber of the readied M16A2 rifle, “But damn am I going to go down fighting!”

The purple explosion that flew from the barrel of the rifle crashed into a stream of pure black magic that was streaming from Hades’ extended arm that didn’t hold his staff. Both creatures clenched their jaws as the raw magic continuously slammed together, random bolts of magic flying in either direction. Honored knew the bullet had already left the barrel, but he still continued to pour his void magic into the weapon, drawing magic from everywhere around him. The void reaching out to him, and he staring back into it, asking, pleading for more strength.

For Mars, within the human’s mind, was one with the void allowing him look deep into the void, to understand it, to know it, to be it and not become lost. Honored was in control of the void and it answered his call. The deep purple magic continuously poured forth from the rifle's barrel, meeting Hades’ magic with an equal amount of force that slowly, inch by inch, forced the demon’s black stream back towards his outstretched hand.

“WHAT? NO!” Hades hollered as the purple magic made contact with his open palm. The Underworld went white.


Celestia and Luna looked out at the horizon from atop Honored’s house, both lost in thought of the outcome of the human. Hours had passed since they had returned from the hospital, insuring Night Roses’ safety. She was still fast asleep, but the doctors thought that she would pull through the near fatal wound. One or two centimeters to the left and she could have been paralyzed and dead within minutes. Discord had volunteered to stay at her bedside while the two sisters left, each lost in their own minds.

Celestia was preparing how she would tell the Elements of Harmony and Sanctuary about the loss of their friend and comrade. He had bravely fought a God… He had stupidly fought alone against a God that was the ruler of the Underworld because he couldn’t be happy just living a normal life with friends and family. He only had to stop chasing the end of all violence and just settled fighting whenever evil dared show its twisted face. Nope. The human had to go directly to the source of evil because of his unquenchable desire for fighting and adventure. Celestia sighed she would have to give the Tartarus damned human a second eulogy. ‘He probably planned this so he could try and get a second holiday’. Celestia thought giving a small sad smile.

Luna was silently staring at the setting sun. She wanted to take back everything she had said when Honored sent them back to the surface. She didn’t hate him, she loved him and somewhere deep down inside she knew that this was going to happen. The fact that they had made it as far as they did with nopony getting hurt still surprised her. She knew that he would have a backup plan, but she just didn’t want to believe it. And yet here she was, wondering about her lost love. Was he even alive? Had he died right away or lasted a few rounds with a God? That was the worse part. Luna choked back another wave of tears, she wouldn't even have a body to bury. She would only have that damn statue to look to and remember her beloved human. She was once again alone in this world save for her sister.

Both sister looked up as the world around them began to quake as if the ground below them would open up at any second. On the horizon, both alicorns stared in disbelief as purple and black flames licked up at the skyline far in the distance. The rumbling stopped and the world around them went silent. Every creature, every motion, everything was stopped as if waiting for the next beat of the world to restart.

Luna’s heart was beating faster than it ever had. Those purple flames. Those blessed dark purple flames that had kissed the sky line. They were Honored’s signature void magic flames. He was still alive!

‘Or,’ Luna thought as her stomach was replaced with a bottomless pit of despair, ‘that was his death totem at the hands of a God.’

She looked to her older sister to find Celestia staring intently off at the distance, holding her breath in fear and hope.


Honored charged forward as the God of the Underworld sailed backwards through the air, his arm smoking from the magic battle that the mortal human had won. Honored jumped into the air and reaching out with his void magic, rolled around and slammed down into the demon, the void magic colliding with the his face. Hades released a fine spray of blood the flew into the air and covered the ground and the human that was now standing atop the demon’s blooded and burnt chest. Honored was panting madly as he raised his gauntlet, summoning the void again, and slammed the void enhanced fist into the demon’s chin repeatedly.

WHAM

WHAM

WHAM

WHAM

SMACK

Hades reared his hand back and backhanded Honored off his chest, and sent the human flying across the ground. Honored bounced across the brimstone ground and came to a stop coughing up blood while desperately trying to force air back into his lungs. Hades rose back to his full height and outstretched his undamaged hand where his staff flew into the awaiting palm. He glared pure evil and hatred at the stumbling human who was slowly standing back up, hunched over from so obvious wound in his abdomen.

Hades gave a grin around his swollen lips. He then frowned and reach up with his good arm and traced one finger along the swollen flesh. He pulled the hand up and looked at the blood covering his finger. He looked up to glare at the human before ending his life when he noticed the far way human was now directly in his face, flying through the air propelled by a blast of purple void flames. Hades tried to dodge the flying mortal, but it was too late. He was to close. The last thing Hades’ right eye saw was the purple void flame covered Sword of Protection.

The demon slammed into the ground screaming in agony as Honored stood over his eye socket, jerking his Sword of Protection around the eye, gore and blood flying out as he fired more and more void magic into the soft flesh of the collapsed God. Hades quickly swung his left arm towards his face, dropping the staff as he went, attempting to swat the human off his face before he moved onto the next eye. Honored smoothly leapt over the incoming hand and while flying into the air with a powerful thrust from his wings, reached out with his magic and yanked the black staff into the air.

Using the void, he had Mars change the staff into its sinister bow form and drawing void across it, created a large void arrow along its notch. Honored smiled while releasing the magic and sending the purple flaming arrow down at his next target, the demon’s unprotected left eye.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Hades threw himself into the air and began to swing wildly around him, his massive arms swinging great gusts of air in every direction as he launched wave after wave of black magic randomly trying to hit the flying human. Honored dodged left and right, tucking his wings against his back and dropping like an arrow flew low to the ground, the demon’s stomping feet failing to land a hit on the tiny flying human. Honored drew his sword once more and spun to the side, sliding between Hades’ feet and wicked the sword across his Achilles tendon on his massive foot. The demon roared into the air, shattering the plane around them with a scream that echoed all the way to Honored’s soul.

Hades swung one last time, falling towards the ground, firing blasts of magic out in every direction desperately trying to hit the human. In his desperate panic to kill Honored he failed to feel the human latch onto the front of his toga and ride the demon to the ground. Hades hit the ground with a massive thud that caused even the caged demons on the other side of the plane to jerk and go silent in their internal prisons. The demon God slowly began to stop struggling and went still. He was blind and was immobile on one leg. Hades had not felt this feeling in hundreds of eons. The feeling of helplessness. The feeling of defeat.

“You damn human!” He roared out ripping and tearing at his own empty eye sockets. Despair and grief causing him to lash out at himself and anything around him. “You think you will be any different?! I never wanted to be this creature! After eons you will grow weary of this! You will slip just as I did and those that came before me!” Hades shouted out at nothing. He listened for anything that would tell him where the human was. His magic could eventually repair his wounded appendages and eyesight, but first he had to kill that human. He would make sure that his soul would not escape the Underworld. He would keep it and torture the human beyond anything he had ever done before.

“I was good just like you! I wanted to help stop the evil! Don't you get it mortal, you will eventually grow bored, you will want acknowledgement for your heroic duties as you work in the shadows. You will release one or two evil spirits and then capture them, the creatures above thanking you, but soon you’ll want more!” Hades screamed out, for once Honored smirked from where he was standing on Hades’ chest unknown to the God of the Underworld. “You. Will. Become. Me.”

“Not likely.” Honored said while Hades swung his arm at the sound of the human’s voice. Honored extended his wings and quickly rose above the strike and hovered above the God before diving down, arm extended, and slammed a void punch into the God’s neck. Hades gasped and sputtered while leaning forward, but in his blinded state he failed to see the his own staff trailing behind the human in a magically propelled vortex of pure void magic. Hades didn't register the staff impaling his destroyed right eye socket and blowing through this skull and out the back of his head. The world stood still all around Honored as he stood behind the dying demon. Hades was frozen in time, his head still leaning forward, propped up by the black staff lodged through his skull, thick red blood oozing from the open wound in the back of his head.

Honored turned back and walked towards Hades. He stood at the base of the staff and kicked it, sending Hades’ head sliding backwards along the staff towards the ground, a disgusting ‘squelching’ sound filling the air as it did so. As Hades stopped moving Honored focused on the one thing before him that was seeming to call to the human in whispers piercing his very soul. Honored walked towards the small black flame suspended between the ded God’s bull like horns. The flame had shrunk to nothing but a small flame barely staying lit, as if any tiny amount of wind would cause it to go out. Honored slowly extended his hand towards the flickering black flame. He stopped and hesitated on the God’s words. Would he really become that which he destroyed? No Honored knew better than that demon. He lived his whole life for good and protection. He would insure the protection of Equestria and he could do so where Hades had failed. He would not let his power consume him.

How could he?

He had Luna to control him.

Honored smiled at the thought and reached a hand out towards the flame and wrapped the metal covered fingers of his gauntlet around the black flames of immortality.

Everything went blind for Honored as he threw his smokey wings open and white light poured forth from his open eyes and mouth in a silent scream.

Author's Note:

Well... wow... how was that? Fight-y enough for 'ya? I know you liked that! I mean come on, that final killing move? That was awesome! Come on. More? Really? You are so hard to please! Fine. Fine you win, no need for the puppy dog eyes. Really okay knock it off. Yes, yes dear reader there is more to come. How could I end it like that. I couldn't. More to follow.

"What...What was that?" Johnson said looking around him in his dazed and hazy state. Johnson slammed his hand down on the buzzing alarm clock next to his bed and rubbed his eyes.

"Oh man that was a crazy dream." He said swinging his legs around the bed and standing up. He walked over to his mirror and grinned. "Whelp dreams are dreams I suppose." He said looking into the mirror and at you, the dear reader and winked.

No I'm kidding, that was a prank! Relax, that is not how this will end. More chapters to follow my friends! Now I'm sure there are a lot of errors and junk in there, but I wanted to put this out to 'ya nice and quick like. I'll go back, but I feel that it is readable.

Stay strong brothers and sisters,
Johnson