• Published 10th Oct 2013
  • 10,641 Views, 816 Comments

On My Honor - Honored Service



Honored Service, the human that saved Equestria from any evil you can name. A warrior at heart, who's special talent is killing and maiming anything that seeks to cause harm to those he cares for, is sentenced to a normal life in Ponyville.

  • ...
51
 816
 10,641

The Final Honors

Honor Above All Else

Chapter 28

The Final Honors

By Honored Service

“Tell another one Twilight!” Pip shouted over the murmuring of the crowd. Many of Ponyville’s foals and even some adults had come to attend Twilight’s weekly storytelling club. A round of agreement ran through the gathered ponies as Twilight smiled. She was positively elated that the new club was doing so well, even if ever week’s stories revolved around the same subject matter.

“Are you sure you wouldn’t rather hear about Starswirl the Bearded’s theory of trans-dimensional magical transverse?” Twilight asked the library filled with listeners, but even the crickets remained silent for this awkward pause. “Fine. Another Honored story it is then.” Twilight turned around and looked towards the wall behind her which contained hundreds of rolled scrolls and freshly printed books and worn journals. Above the shelved wall was a gold plaque that was etched with the title of the section. The Honored Collection. It was the newest section of the library and Twilight did notice that it drew in the most patrons much to her slight disappointment.

“Well have you heard the one about his proposal?” Twilight asked while bringing down a large dark red tome and flipped it open to the halfway point of the book. She looked over the edge of the book at Pip who quickly shook his head.

“No Princess Twilight. Is it a good one?” Pip asked in his slightly less squeaky voice.

“I’d say it's one of his best stories.” Twilight said with a smile and gave a quick throat clearing cough and began to read the story aloud to the mass of eager visitors.


Honored strode through the glistening halls of Canterlot Castle with one purpose in mind, to ask Princess Luna if she would do the him the honor of being his bride. He chuckled to himself as he ran the pun through his head again. “Oh man that is going to kill her!” He smiled again at his impossibly sharp wit as he neared the dark purple door leading into her chambers. He stopped before the door and raised his hand in a fist about to knock when the faraway sound of galloping stopped him.

The human looked over his shoulder to see the rushing from Princess Celestia closing in fast towards his position. “What?”He asked before she vanished in a white flash of teleportation. “Hmmm. Oh well.” Honored went back to knock on the door when a bright light erupted at his side and tackled him over. Pain exploded from the Demon King’s side as he was bowled over by a solar princess. Celestia reared her head back and launched the human onto her back and continuing with her gallop, racing back down the hallway, the human turned demon flopping around on her back like a sack of potatoes. She threw doors open with her magic as she passed through the halls of the Canterlot Castle, carrying her cargo with her. She moved with impossible speed and skidded around corners weaving through the maze like castle hallways and corridors.

Two Royal Guards on their daily patrol of the East Wing stared lazily as the Princess of the Sun raced by them as if all Tartarus had broken loose. They stopped and stared before turning to look at one another.

“Princess just ran by.”

“Yea.”

“With the human on her back.”

“Appeared so.”

“Should we do anything?”

“Nah.”

The two guards nodded in agreement and went back to roaming the neverending halls of the castle.

“CELESTIA!” Honored screamed as Celestia rounded another sharp curve, nearly sending the human flying into a bust of said princess. “What in the world are you doing?!” Honored yelled out as she spun around and hugged onto Princess Celestia’s neck. Suddenly in that brief moment of riding a large pony princess bareback, the invention of saddles hit him square in the… head. Honored gripped tighter in pain as each step of Celestia’s hooves caused tears to form.

Celestia hit another sharp near ninety degree turn and entered the empty throne room and came to a complete stop right before her throne and kicked her hind legs up and bucked the human from her back like a screaming missile as he soared through the air and smashed, upside down, into her throne. Honored slumped down before sliding to the ground and curled up into the feetle position, slowly rocking back and forth while sobbing to himself.

“I can not believe you!” Celestia said while pacing around in front of the still recovering human.”After everything she has done for you and all that you have been through together, you were just going to do that right there in her bedroom?!” She turned to face the human and walked over to him. “If you're going to propose to my baby sister, you are damn sure going to propose to my baby sister. And I’m going to help you plan the best damn proposal the world has ever seen or so help me I will travel all the way to Tartarus myself and donkey kick you so hard, you'll travel all nine layers of Hell and right into my dungeon.”

“Got it.” Honored said groaning while finally sitting up.

“And Honored,” Celestia said while leaning forward so her muzzle was nearly touching Honored’s face, “If you tell anyone or anything that you just rode me, I will use your freshly peeled skin and plucked feathers to make a body pillow. You hear me?”

“Loud and clear.” Honored said while quickly scooting back from Celestia. His back hit the throne and he yelped, jumping into the air and hiding behind the the throne. He stayed like that while Celestia breathed heavily, he noticed a slight pink shading to her cheeks and gave sly smile. “You liked that didn’t you?” He asked with a mischievous grin.

WHAM

“Worth it!” Honored yelled while flying across the large throne room and into the opposite stone wall.

Celestia snorted once and quickly cantered out of the room to cool herself off. She would leave Honored for the time being and send a servant to help him prepare for the rest of the day.


“Are you sure Celestia?” Honored asked as he straightened his tie as he looked in the mirror. He was wearing a black suit that was made of pure silk and shined nicely in the evening light. The all black suit was complimented by the deep blue tie he wore, that would match Luna’s mane perfectly. His shiny black dress shoes reflected the fireplace that warmed Celestia’s study. His hair was parted perfectly after being fussed and messed with by three royal stylist. Not a single black feather in his wings was out of place as he extended them to check them over one more time. Finally, Honored reached up and placed the gold, fire ruby studded crown on top his head. The black flickering flame of immortality danced above the crown symbolizing Honored’s title and power of the underworld.

“Yes Honored, my dear friend, there is nothing more to do. You look great and everything is in place. The rest is up to you.” Celestia said with a smile. She looked at Honored with a pure happy smile and engulfed the human in hug. She wrapped her wings around him and pulled him tightly against her barrel while drapping her head and neck against his back. “You’ve done so much for us, but this, this will be the greatest thing you've ever done.”

“Even greater than when I punched Blueblood?” Honored asked pulling away with a smile.

“Okay, a close second.” Celestia said, smiling even more. “Go get her Honored.”

"Thanks C.” The Demon King tuned and walked confidently out of the office and towards the castle gardens just as the sun began to lower itself from the sky and the great beautiful moon began to begin its rise into the sky. As the moon rose, so did Honored’s heart. And the tiny black box in his pocket felt as if it weighed a thousand tons.


“Hello there moon sugar.” Honored said as Luna slowly descended from the sky where she had risen above the ground.

“Honored!” Luna exclaimed and wrapped the human in a hug. She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and smiled deeply towards the human as he did the same. “I'm so glad to see you. I hope work was well today for you.” She said as the two began to stroll around the moonlit gardens. The gentle breeze blew through the rose bushes and moon lilies that covered the surrounding area.

“Work was hell.” Honored said with a slight grin that caused Luna to give a light laugh and a playful shove with her wing. “But yes it was a good day, nothing to exciting, just incarcerating the damned and what not. Everything seems to be going well with the newly released so far, so the boss is happy at least.”

“Any deals made lately?” Luna asked with a questioning look.

“No your sister has not sacrificed anyone.” Honored said with a deadpan look.

“Okay just making sure love.” Luna stopped and then looked the human companion up and down. “You win, I’ll bite, what is with the fancy frufru get up?”

“Oh these old’ things?” Honored gave a shrug and spun around, “just thought they were good change of pace from the combat armor or the Demon King attire and cape.” He said looking around. Luna looked around as well and gasped. She found that she had been lead in front of a small table surrounded by floating enchanted candles and a full meal laid out across the table. “After you my love.” Honored gestured for Luna to take a seat at the dinner table. She stared at the delicious meal and then up at the human who took a seat across from her. “And yes before you ask, all prepared and cooked my moi, no magic or demon help. I know I'm great and all that. Please enjoy!”

“So humble.” Laun said with a laugh and the two immediately began to eat happily of the delicious meal. Fruit medleys and salads with a unique and different eggplant pasta dish for Luna, and a large rare porterhouse steak for Honored, the two ate happily together recalling the last few days events to each other. Honored would visit every other day from Tartarus, meaning that three days had gone by for Luna when he visited. She would catch him up on all that he missed, and he would describe, in graphic detail, the types of debauchery and craziness that his demons would get into.

“And yes they are evil, but still, I’m telling you that they do it half the time purely for show!” Honored said while pouring Luna a second glass of wine into the levitating wine glass she was holding.

“Well I’ll admit that when I heard of the whole ‘become a Demon King plan’ I was a little skeptical.”

“A little?” Honored said with a smirk.

“Okay a lot of skeptical, now hush. I am glad to know that this is turning out for the best. The immortality. We can be together forever!” Luna said with a smile and looked over to the human. He looked back at her with an uneasy smile. “Honored, what is that look for?” Luna said quietly as he stood up and walked in front of her.

“Well here’s the thing Luna-”

“Oh don’t sugar coat it my lovely little human.” Celestia said while dropping in from above the gardens rapidly. “My sweet Luna, can’t you see? Honored has fallen madly in love with me. He got the flame of immortality for me!” Celestia threw her head back and laughed maniacally at the moon as Luna stood there staring at her sister.

“Good try you two.” Luna said with a cocky sneer at the two before her.

“What?” Celestia stopped laughing and looked at Luna in surprise, “I mean, whatever do you mean?”

“Yes Luna, what are you going on about? Can't you see that I’m now head over heels for your older and much more experienced sister?” Honored said while a few droplets of nervous sweat began to form on his forehead.

“I really doubt it, but let’s say this isn't a pitiful attempt at revenge for when I summoned you to my night court by accident when you were in shower, and that you really do love my sister, then I’m sure you won’t mind giving her a big old sloppy kiss?” Luna stared at the two fidgeting before her. “Hmmmmm well? We’re waiting.”

“Ugh fine whatever. Thanks for trying Celestia.” Honored said in defeat before he sat back down in his chair and crossed his arms and began to sulk.

“We’ll get her some other time.” Celestia said with a hidden wink towards Honored who winked back.

“Really Honored, that was it? I expected so much more… from… you…?” Luna’s words died in her throat as she looked over towards the human to see him kneeling before her, his arms extended and a small black box held out to her. He slowly lifted the lid and Luna’s heart melted in her chest as she looked at the ring resting inside of the velvet lined box.

A ring on a rose gold band glowed back at her. The diamond resting in the center of the ring, surrounded by dozens of smaller precious red and blue diamonds, was glowing with a swirling vortex of magic. Within the ring, void magic kept a tiny amount of glowing lava hot and forever swirling around a mix of pure black void magic. The two contrasting colors flowed perfectly together, forever swirling around and around each other.

“Honored?” Luna asked, tears brimming in her eyes.

“Luna, we have fought through thick and thin together, from the beginning when I stepped foot onto this world, to fighting though the very gates of hell. Our love will forever burn with the intensity of lava and we can conquer all of it together. So long as I know that I have you at my back, I know I’ll never ever be beaten, because I have something to always fight for. So Princess Luna, the mistress of the Night, the ruler of the moon, the deity of the darkness, will you marry me?”

“Say yes.” Celestia whispered from behind a tree near the couple’s dinner table.

“Get out of here Celestia! Scat Alicorn! Scat!” Honored hissed at Celestia who let out and ‘eep’ and darted into the castle.

“Yes!” Luna exclaimed and threw herself forward and latched onto the human. She wrapped him in a hug and began to openly cry against him. “Oh Honored, how could I not? Yes I’ll marry you!”

“Thank goodness.” Honored chuckled and slipped the ring on her horn and slid it down towards the base. “Is that right? I don't know it looks weird, like are rings supposed to go there or should I have put it on a chain or something?” Honored stepped back and looked at his future wife. “I guess, I mean I guess that’s right.” Luna snorted and tackled the human to the ground and showered him with kisses as she continued to laugh at him.


“Awwwww.” All the gathered fillies and adults in the crowd cooed at the story as Twilight closed the book. A few couples looked to each other remembering their own engagement and how they went through something similar as the princess and the invincible human did.

“Did you enjoy that one Pip?” Twilight asked while placing the tome back onto its designated spot on the shelf.

“No wonder why ah’ve never heard of that one.” Pip said with a snort. “It’s a boring ol’ love story. Where’s the action? The bravery, the witty one liners and what not?” Pip added, standing up and raising his front hooves as if to begin engaging in hoof to hoof fighting. Twilight rolled her eyes at the young colt’s actions. Regardless of how the child was acting, she brought forward another large book before her and held it out with her magic. The book flipped open as the princess began skimming through the rough pages in search of a story to satisfy the demanding colt.

“Okay here we go,” Twilight said stopping her browsing of the book at a the selected story, “how about the one where Honored helped save the Saddle Arabians from the Fire Ant kingdom?” Pip quickly sat down and stared at the princess intensely waiting for the story to begin.

“It was a cold and dark night…”


The lone figure cast a small, almost indistinguishable silhouette against the full moon as it snaked its way over the crest of another rolling sand dune. The creature stood up on its two legs as a chilling desert breeze whipped around, sending swirls of sand all over the creature. The lone being took to a kneeling position and reached into a small pouch attached to one of his legs and removed a small cylindrical device and pointed it towards the horizon.

“Stupid full moon. Fucking with my damn night vision scope.” Honored grumbled as he looked in disgust at the advanced scope in his hand. It worked well of ambient night light, similar to that of a cat’s eye, but the stupid giant stupid Equestrian moon was so large and bright that it caused a massive light wash on his delicate figgle scope. “No Honored sweetie, I just can't make it a half moon or a quarter moon. That would ruin the cycle.” Honored groaned aloud and dropped the scope back into its pouch. “Bahhhh.” He rubbed his hands across his face and had to stop himself from jumping out when they brushed against the hard horns protruding from his head. His demon horns had finally grew in. They were… slightly aggravating for the human who now couldn't wear his hats or helmets without cutting holes in them to stick his new curved horns through. The two brown horns stuck off the sides of his head and then curved inward over his head.

Honored stood up and slid down the dune on the heels of his boots, travelling down the sand in a rapid manner. At the base of the hill he pulled his black and red cape tightly around his closed wings and trudged on through the sand. For the simple mission he was wearing his old Equestrian Honor Guard golden armor along his arms and legs with his old standard body armor plate carrier with an assortment of pouches for ammo and weapons. At his side, the Demon King had a long rifle slung and a sword strapped to his hip. That would all he would need for the recon and eliminate mission.

The Equestrian friendly nation of Saddle Arabia, had called out for help in a territorial dispute with some internal hostile force that had simply referred to themselves as the, ‘fire nation’. Honored had received many curious looks as to why he had burst out laughing in the briefing room. “Nothing, just an Earth thing.” He said, dismissing the stares.

The Demon King human soldier was tasked to find out what the 'fire nation' was and what it wanted by stirring up trouble in the peaceful nation, and then stop it to the best of his abilities. To Honored Service, that meant one simple thing.

Find the rank structure of this 'fire nation’ and eliminate all the ranking members, effectively stopping any orders and ending the movement easily. Sure the Saddle Arabians hadn't said use deadly force, eliminate, stalk and kill, hunt, or destroy, butttttt in Honored’s defense, they had asked for help from a Demon King. Honored smirked his ever present cocky smile and climbed another never ending dune in the sea of sand. As he reached the apex, he stopped and slammed a hand to his face and groaned.

“Well this will be just fantastic.”

Honored stared at hundreds of ant hills surrounding an oasis in the middle of the desert. Thousands, if not tens of thousands, of large car sized ants crawled all over the skyscraper sized ant mounds. The massive ants moved around in a organized chaos, rushing everywhere around the colony.

“This may be a little harder than I thought.” Honored said looking down at the two weapons at his side. “Should have brought more gun.”

Honored continued to move towards the large colony of giant ants. He was positively sure this was going to backfire in the most spectacular way, but it was worth a shot. Even if it was slim. Honored crested the final dune surrounding the oasis colony and cracked his neck. He took a deep breath and with a confident stride, began marching his way directly towards the swarming mass of giant ants. As he got closer, Honored noticed some ant's antenna swivel in his direction. “That's right, look here.”

The ground shook and erupted as two ants exploded out in a rain of sand. Honored stood calm as the ants charged towards him, mandibles snapping open and close with a horrific cracking noise that filled the air. The human stood calmly still and then raised a hand. The ants stopped dead in their charge and looked at the raised appendage, long shiny antenna swiveling constantly.

“I seek council with your leadership in regards to the territory dispute with the Saddle Arabians.” Honored Service said loudly before lowering his hand. “I am Honored Service, Demon King of Tartarus and emissary of the Equestrian Government.”

Tense seconds grew into what felt like minutes as the human stayed squared off against the two ants that towered over him. Suddenly the ants spun around and began moving quickly towards the colony. Honored shrugged and plodded through the sand after the ants.

The trio marched along as row after row of other towering ants that parted before them like a giant sea of black shiny chitin. And the clicking. Dear God the clicking. Honored was grinding his teeth and clenching his fists as the sound of clacking pincers intensified the further into the colony he walked. Honored dared a quick peak behind him and saw the ants closed the gap and he was surrounded by thousands of these creatures. In their lifeless looking eyes he saw the Changeling invasion of Canterlot from so long ago. He'd love to have Saddle Company with him for this mission. Far too many years had passed since he had spoken to his friends. They needed to hear from the Demon King. Maybe a random interrupting encounter was due soon.

“Clack clack chip chip clack.” The two ants stopped in front of Honored and he looked around. He was standing before the large body of water in the center of the colony. And there, residing on a mammoth golden throne was the largest ant Honored had ever seen. The ant had to be at least fifty yards long and taller than three story building.

“What foolishness to wander into the Oasis Colony, Demon King.” The voice of the large ant was like a million rusty nails dragging along a chalkboard. It took all of Honored's willpower to not visibly cringe at the racket coming from ant's mouth. “You are now addressing Queen Ra’shey. Speak creature.”

Oh you're going to sooooo die. Honored thought while taking a step forward. “Your Majesty, I come to you seeking answers and hopefully a peaceful solution. The Saddle Arabians have reached out and wish to know why you have attacked their trading caravans through the desert without cause. They wish to resolve whatever issues you may have as to have a time of peace and prosperity in this land.” Honored said sweeping his arms around the area. The sudden silence was beyond deafening. Honored was now regretting his choice for this mission. This was an unknown enemy with unknown abilities.

“We can.” The large Queen scoffed.

“Excuse me?” Honored said looking up to the Queen. The large ant cocked her head and looked down. She shifted in her throne of gold and leaned forward so her massive body lowered and her head, with its large mandibles were scant inches from Honored's face.

“We can. We have the numbers. The strength. The desire to push out and expand. So we will. It is our destiny to conquer this land for Oasis Colony.” Thousands of ear shattering snapping of mandibles sounded through the air as the Queen leaned back into her seat.

“So,” Honored said smiling and slowly lowering his right hand to the hilt of the sword on his hip, “there is no hope of peace between nations?”

The sound of laughing came from the Queen as she slammed a leg against her throne. “Of course not!”

“Perfect.” Honored said and crouched down, the cape around his shoulders vanished and the two glossy black wings exploded outwards, causing the surrounding ants to flinch away. “Maximum effort.” Honored spun around in a circle while drawing the Element of Protection from its sheath and the flame of immortality ignited on the hilt as it shifted into its longsword form. As he spun, the human ignited his gauntlet and blasted a column of fire around him, the sound of snapping mandibles was quickly replaced with the sound of crackling and popping exoskeletons. Honored pumped his wings and jumped into the air as an ant leapt over its burning comrades and was met with a devastating downward slash that sent the headless body crashing back to the ground.

Honored flapped his wings as he began just to fire the high powered rifle downward into the mass of ants. Aiming not needed as he was almost certainly guaranteed a hit. The shell casings rained down as he fired as fast as he could reload the M21 enhanced battle rifle. He knew he had nowhere close to enough ammo to shoot every ant. Honored would have to get creative. Honored spiraled down towards the Queen's throne where she was still watching the fighting.

“Might as well start on that chain of command list.” Honored grinned as he landed on top of ant, slamming his sword down through its head and riding the skidding body forward before leaping off and slashing through another ant's legs, while blasting a fireball into a leaping ant's open mouth. The smoking carcase hit the ground as more ants poured towards the intruder that was moving towards the Queen.

Honored spun the sword in his hand and triggered the shape shifting as it formed in his hands into the sinister swordsaw form. The spinning blade began to easily work its way through ant after ant as black shell and chunks of gore rained around the spinning ball of rage and violence that was the Demon King. Honored flipped into the air, the swordsaw hanging underneath him, dragging along the backs of ants as he landed on the ground, ripping the blade upwards into another ant that clacked loudly at Honored before being sent flying backwards by a blast of void magic. The human jumped into the air and slammed his gauntlet against the ground, a fire storm raced out in every direction scorching the hard packed sand black, as ants all around him toppled down, cooked from the inside out. Honored spun on his heel and pulled his arm back and took aim. In that moment the word went still as Honored's heightened demon senses and strength went to work. The charging ants all around him went still and the smell of charred shell and burning insides became non existent. The sound of rushing limbs and clacking jaws of death faded to nothing. The only thing aware to Honored was the rapidly spinning blade of the swordsaw in his hand and the taught muscles in his arm pulled back and ready to throw. He took careful aim, the only shot he would need to make a stand against the colony of ants.

Honored hurled the rapidly spinning swordsaw through the air, over the ants and the body covered ground. As he watched the blade sail, he was knocked to the ground by all the surrounding ants as they tried to slice him to pieces with their razor sharp mandibles or gore him on their long legs. The Demon King of Tartarus flared his demon power enhanced void magic and held his arms up, blocking the raining blows being driven towards him as the void shield covered his body. Honored smiled as he turned his head and watched the thrown weapon nail its target perfectly.

The Queen had been watching the fight in disgust from atop her throne as the strange creature that had so foolishly entered her nation, tore through her ranks of soldier ants. He was a fierce fighter, but she was counting on her numbers as she always had done. What they lacked in skill, her soldiers made up for in savagery and numbers. The Queen gave a happy cheer as she watched her soldiers surround and cover the ignorant savage. Her reign would continue, and now that those Equestrians had sent a troop into her land, they had given her the freedom to march on-

GWARRRRR

The Queen ant toppled backwards in her golden throne as the swordsaw chewed away at her skull, punching clear all the way to the hilt as black ichor and brain matter spilled out of the massive open hole in the front of her head. The royal soldiers turned just in time to see the Queen slmae forward from her throne onto the blood soaked ground, sending the still spinning swordsaw shooting out of the back of her skull and into the air. The ants around the body watched the bloody sword arch into the air and landed right into the raised hand of the creature that had been swinging it seconds earlier. He was covered head to toe in black ant blood and chunks of squishy flesh and shiny bits of exoskeleton.

The royal soldiers had never prepared for any type of situation where the queen had been killed. The human stared at the ants as they looked on in shock and fear as the creature before them silenced the wicked weapon that had downed their Queen and placed it back into the scabbard at his side. He adjusted the other loud weapon at his side and walked towards the large oasis for which the colony was named.

Honored ignored the remaining thousands of ants at his backside and walked to the water's edge. He stretched his arms in front of him and interlocked his blood soaked fingers before giving them a sharp crack. Shaking out his arms, he aimed both arms in front of him and closed his eyes as the spell began to form in mind and then reached out to his gauntlet and other hand. The purple void magic now laced with sinister demon magic raced into the sky over the oasis. Honored scrunched his eyes and his brow furrowed as he concentrated on the massive amount of magic he was controlling. The ants stared on in fascinated horror as a swirling vortex of purple, red, black, and neon green magic formed over large body of crystal clear water. Sweat began to break out across Honored’s forehead as from within the vortex, several massive black tentacles snaked out and shot towards the ground, anchoring themselves around the oasis as the vortex began to spin faster and faster. The sound of thousands of souls screaming began to echo from the whirlpool over the life giving body of water in the large desert. Honored slammed down to one knee and dropped his arms to the ground, palms down, as the spell fired and the portal over the oasis ripped open, dumping a waterfall of lava out into the water. The explosion of steam whipped across the entire ant colony as Honored stood up and flapped his wings, shooting into the air.

From above the new hell he created, he watched the ants running around madly as the steam and boiling water rose as the hardening lava forced the super heated water up faster and faster, drowning the colony out. Ants raced up the side of their mammoth mounds of packed sand, but the water ate away at the very foundation and caused the skyscraper sized ant mounds to crumble and collapse into the sea of boiling water and hissing lava. Honored stared down with unforgiving eyes as he flapped his wings and watched the doomed colony fall. They would all be wiped out or at least be left in the middle of the desert with no source of water and nowhere to flee too. It would be a horrible death if the racing lava still emptying form the portal in the sky didn't kill them first.

Honored sighed and slowly flew back towards the Saddle Arabian capital. He would give his report. They Oasis Colony had decided they would no longer bother the Saddle Arabian nation anymore.


“See now that’s more like it!” Pip shouted out as Twilight finished reading. She had read all of Honored’s stories enough times to know which parts to leave out. Mainly the insane amounts of gore and mass levels of death and destruction that he brought along with him whenever he went to solve problems.

Twilight and the rest of her friends had taken to heart many lessons from the egocentric and slightly annoying human warrior. How to live life to the fullest. How love conquered all boundaries. How said love could beat his ass if he didn’t do what she said. How to maintain, fire, and use almost all of his deadly arsenal of alien weapons.

But there was one lesson that Twilight and the rest of the Elements of Harmony remembered. It was the one lesson that seemed to haunt Honored all the time. Twilight’s thoughts drifted away as she was lost in the memory.


“Okay girls, you go set up the picnic, and I’ll go get Honored and Princess Luna.” Twilight said while trotting away from the edge of the park. She waved goodbye to her friends while Applejack and Rainbow set up a large blanket and Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie set the food up around the spread. Rarity sat nearby on her fainting couch and poured drinks of honeyed tea around for everyone.

Twilight headed around the long worn path that lead to the human’s Equestrian home tucked away at the edge of the Everfree Forest. Honored and Princess Luna took turns staying at the humble house and the Canterlot Castle since their wedding. “To escape the douchebaggery,” Honored said while receiving a sharp slap across the back of his head from Luna, who only gave a slight nod in agreement. Twilight rounded a bend in the path and smiled at the patched together home and old crater covered yard. That place had been blown up, attacked, and damaged more times than she could count, and yes she may have helped in the accidental destruction on more than one occasion, but even Princess Celestia had blown a few holes in the house and yard, so it was sort of a right of passage as a Princess to damage Honored’s property.

BAM

CRASH

BOOM

“I can’t take much more of this Luna!” Twilight ducked down behind a short bush in Honored’s front yard as the human came rushing around the corner, magic flared in his hands and his wicked shape shifting sword clenched tightly in his right hand. He stopped and spun, lashing out with the golden sword and sliced into a tree multiple times with speed that was hard to keep track of. The tree toppled over in several different sections as Honored stood there panting. He dropped to his knees and the sword fell beside him. He placed his face in his hands and Twilight had to stop herself from gasping as the demon king began to openly weep into his hands. His shiny black wings layed sprayed out on the ground behind him and the black flame of immortality that normally flickered with life and light was just a small spark in between his two horns on his head.

“My love please talk to me.” Luna came around the house with a sympathetic look to her face. “Please Honored listen to me. You know that out of everyone you know, your wife and sister in law are the two beings that you now share this burden with, who can understand your pain.” Luna sat down beside the teary eyed human. He sniffed once and looked up at her.

“You don't think we haven't felt this? To live forever doing what? Raising the sun and the moon? We each have reached this climax before. Celestia vanished for weeks and when I found her, she had created her own islands, The non-Virgin Islands now known as the Horseshoe Isles. She created a paradise full of stallions to just leave everything behind.” Honored snorted and gave a low chuckle.

“And you know of what happened when I had my little break down. I was consumed by anger. If all I would do for the rest of my life was raise the moon and not even receive gratitude for it, then why have it go down at all. And Nightmare helped to push me over the edge.” Luna placed a hoof under Honored’s chin and raised his head. “You’re not the first and you won't be the last.”

Honored sniffed again and looked up. “But Luna, I'm freaking demon. And on top of that I’m nothing more than a weapon that happens to breath!” Honored stood up and turned to face his wife. “I will have to spend forever killing, being a mass killer and problem solver.” Honored jumped into the air and spread his black wings and flapped them lazily as he hovered over Luna.

“I’m the freaking Angel of Death and you know what the worst part of it is Luna my love,” Honored grinned wickedly before crashing down to the ground in a splash of void magic and dark flames, “I love it!” Honored summoned his sword into his hand and spun around, laughing madly. “All I do is kill and destroy! I'm a demon now and I love it!” Luna looked at her husband and rolled her eyes. He could be such a drama queen when he wanted to be. Luna calmly walked over the cackling human and tapped him on the chest. He looked at her and then recoiled sharply as Princess Luna smacked him across the face.

“No sir.” She said while patting him lightly on the head. “No sir you may not break down like this. Come along dear and tighten up.” Honored just stared at her and shook his head. He gave a goofy smile back at Luna and hugged her.

“What would I do without you my love.” He kissed her lightly before both heads turned towards the bush that Twilight was hiding behind. Twilight quickly clamped a hoof over her face when she realized that she had made an ‘awwwww’ sound at the private affectionate display.

“Whoops.” She said with a nervous giggle as Honored walked over towards the smaller alicorn.

“Saw all of that?”

“Yes.”

“Even the crying?”

“Yes?”

“Thought so.” Honored sighed and sat next to the younger immortal creature. “So how about instead of you writing this down as it actually happened, I give you the most important lesson I've ever learned and you leave out the mental instability.” Honored held out his hand in front of Twilight, who looked at it before smiling and accepting his hand and giving it hard shake.

“Sure thing Honored!” A scroll and quill ‘poofed’ into existence in a cloud of purple smoke and Twilight took her normal pose to copy.

“In all my years Twilight, every adventure, every problem, every possible outcome that has ever happened to me I can tell you one very important thing that you can never forget. I learned this along time ago and it goes hand in hand… er… hoof in hoof with other lessons, but this one is the base of a lot of them.” Honored stopped and looked off into the distance, lost in a memory long gone.

“Sometimes you have to fight.”

“Uhhh?” Twilight looked up from her scroll and stared at the human who stared over the sleepy little town of Ponyville in the distance.

“You can think happy thoughts and be filled with nothing but positive energy. You can write the most famous and heartfelt speech in the history of war. You can have nothing but good intentions in you heart, but no matter what, sometimes you just have to fight. Someone or something somewhere will say no to your kindness and goodness. You will then have to defend your actions.You. Will. Fight.”

Honored stopped talking and looked down to Twilight as a tear fell down his cheek. “We all must decide when we have to fight. You yourself have figured it long ago when you stood up for your friends and Equestria. Not all problems can be solved peacefully. And when they can’t,” Honored clenched his fist and took a deep breathe. He exhaled and released his balled fisits, “you come out fighting like never before.”

Honored stood up and began to walk away. As he did so, Twilight caught a saying that must have been a human thing, because it made little to no sense to her, but regardless she wrote it down.

If you’re going to fight, fight like you’re the third monkey on the ramp to Noah’s Arc. And it’s starting to rain.


Twilight shook her head to snap herself out of the memory and smiled at Pip, “Well you got to pick the last story, how about somepony else pick now.”

A chorus of shouting and suggestions rang out and Twilight waited for one that sounded good enough to counter the violence of the Oasis Colony one.

“Princess Luna’s wedding!”

“Ah!” Twilight exclaimed and pulled the large tome form the collection. “That’s a perfect one, the wedding of Princess Luna and Honored Service.”


“Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.” Honored mumbled faster and faster as he paced around the closed doors of the Canterlot castle throne room. On the other side of the massive closed doors, half of Equestria had gathered to see the wedding of Princess Luna and Equestrian Honor Guard Demon King Honored Service. Honored was an absolute mess as he continued to pace back and forth. With him stood his groomsmen. Discord, Spike, Hammer Strike, Battle Plan, Quick Flurry, Stand Bold, and Covert were all watching the human suffer another slight panic attack.

“Anypony going to fix him?” Stand Bold asked as he ruffled his feathers and stared at the human. “No? Okay I will.” The pegasus stepped forward and slapped the human across the face. Honored gave a loud ‘yelp’ and went quiet.

“Thank you.” He said while bringing both hands up to his forehead and then began to stroke the developing demon horns on his head. “Okay. I got this. Just the biggest single event of my life. No worries.”

“Oh you positively silly human. I swear you are the most delightfully chaotic creature that I have had the pleasure of meeting.” Discord smiled and adjusted his mismatched checkered suit. “But you can do this. You are a good creature, and Luna made the right choice. Now buck up and smile, you’ve got vows to make.” Honored looked up to the Lord of Chaos and smiled. Discord was right, he could do this. He was Honored Fuckin’ Service. He was marrying the woman of his dreams.

“Let's do this.” Honored strode through the doors and towards the altar set up at the front of the throne room to take his place. He stood under an archway of bright red fire lilies and moon bloom flowers that seemed to glow in the early afternoon light that poured in from the stained glass windows that covered the room. The gathered crowd of ponies watched in awe as the bridlemaids and groomsmen walked down the aisle in pairs. Discord and Twilight. Quick Flurry and Rainbow Dash. Battle Plan and Applejack. Fluttershy and Covert. Rarity and Spike. Pinkie Pie and Stand Bold. Hammer Strike and Night Rose brought up the last of the group and they all took their spots along the wedding alter. Princess Celestia gracefully sailed in from behind the altar and took her place as the head of ceremony for the wedding.

Honored gave a look of confirmation to Celestia who gave her gentle smile to the human who let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. She could calm any savage beast with that smile, Honored thought now that his nerves were a little calmer. He tugged on his jacket one more time to insure that the solid black tux was aligned straight. The two lumps tucked away at his side were hardly noticeable, and if Luna saw them, he would be a dead man, but it never hurt to have protection close at hand. Especially given the history of Equestrian weddings.

The organ began to play the bridal march and Honored’s heart leapt into his throat as the large doors slowly swung open and the crowd all took in a deep breath with with the dumbstruck groom.

Luna seemed to glide into the throne room as the crowd followed her every movement. Every single being in the room suddenly found themselves hypnotized and madly in love with the Princess of the Night. Wives forgot about husbands and husbands forgot about wives as they were all lost in the infinite beauty that was Princess Luna. The wedding dress she wore was that of which had never been seen before. It was white as freshly fallen snow and yet whenever Luna moved or swayed, the fabric shimmered and became dark as the night sky she represented. The mesmerizing clothing wasn't the only thing that captured the attention of every pair of eyes. Moving up from the perfectly fitting dress that showed off just the right amount of curves, Luna’s mane was done into a long braid that cascaded down her neck. But throughout the braid, small bright gleaming balls of light twinkled brighter than her normal mane. It was almost as if Luna had sliced a portion of the night’s sky from the heavens and wove it into her mane. Honored’s mouth open and closed as the princess stood beside him at the alter.

“Close your mouth dear, or a griffon will fly into it.” Luna whispered with a giggle as Honored blushed brighter than the lava of Tartarus. “You look nice too dear.”

“Humana humana.” Was all Honored was able to say. He was still dumbfounded at the epic beauty that was before him.

“We are gathered here today to join Princess Luna and Honored Service in holy matrimony,” Celestia began the ceremony as the two lovers stared at each other, lost forever in each other’s eyes. Time seemed to fly by as Celestia said her part of the wedding ceremony. Soon came her favorite part. “The two have wrote each their own vows, they will present them now.” She smiled and nodded to Honored who coughed and turned to face Luna.

“My Luna. My moon sugar. I know of so many couples that have said they would walk through hell and back for each other. I am proud to say that we have actually done that.” A small laughter ran through the crowd. “We did this for us.” Honored said brushing a hand through the flickering black flame of immortality resting in between the two nubs of horns growing on his head.

“But I will say to you Luna, that I would easily go through hell again and again, for you. No matter what. You have given me something to fight for no matter the cost, no matter the enemy, no matter what. I would do it all for you. You are my best friend and the best companion I could have ever asked for. There is no better fighter I would want to have my back in battle. Sorry Tune.” The robot butler in question lowered his bomb defusing claw and sighed from his spot in the front row of the crowd. “Luna, we could make it through anything.”

THEN LET'S SEE YOU TRY!”

The ceremony screeched to a halt as the throne room doors exploded open in a shower of splinters that hurtled towards those in the back of the gathered crowd. Honored, Luna, Celestia, and Twilight quickly threw a shield up that covered the back guests as the shrapnel rained around them.

“Quickly everypony out!” Celestia roared as the doors along the throne room were tossed open and the crowd of panicking ponies rushed out. Into the throne room two massive dragons entered. The group at the altar didn’t so much as flinch as the dragons rose to their true height, all the way to the ceiling of the massive room. They did react when the stain glass windows exploded inwards, showering the room in a rain of colors as the room was filled with griffons, harpies, a couple basilisks, and even a few manticores. Through the massed group of hostiles, a lone figure strutted forward.

“I’m so terribly sorry, did I happen to have come at a bad time?” The lone figure asked as it stepped to the front of the army of vicious creatures. The creature stopped and stared at the group. “I guess introductions are in order. My name is Masha.” The lone figure stepped into the light streaming in through the shattered window. The Elements of Harmony gasped as they looked at the disfigured griffon before them. He was missing a wing and a rear leg. The leg was replaced with a wickedly sharp looking prosthetic that resembled a sword on hydraulics. He was draped in chain mail that glistened in the light and ontop of it was dark black plate armor and boiled leather. A large sword was resting where the missing wing would have been. What caught Honored’s attention was the mini ballista mounted to his back. It looked like it could pack a massive punch. Honored was very aware now at the lack of weapons on his side of the throne room.

“Sorry to be rude,” Honored said, taking a step forward towards the grotesque griffon, “but who the fuck are you?”

The griffon in armor grimaced as anger washed across his face. “Of course you wouldn’t know.” He spun around and walked towards the large group of gathered creatures that were all breathing heavily and gnashing their teeth. “I was there when you rushed our forces at Canterlot with Day Terror. I was there when you destroyed the King’s castle and killed thousands while releasing murderers and criminals back into the city. I was there when you and your airship destroyed a town and killed an entire garrison of loyal troops. I heard you entered our own city and joined a mercenary group as if you didn't know what destruction you had wrought on our race. Honored Service, I am here to kill you and all you love for you did the same to me!”

Masha drew the sword from his side and leveled it at the human wearing his wedding tux. “You killed thousands in the name of justice and peace. You are a demon and an evil on this world sent by the gods to bring about our world’s death. I was shown the truth through your actions and now I will put you down like the demon you are.” Honored tensed up and slowly began to bring his hands to his waist. “You and your friends are dead. Except for your wife to be. You will watch her die last as i strip everything form you, just as you did to me.”

“But I didn’t take everything from you.” Honored said while taking a tentative step forward towards the ranting griffon.

Masha cocked his head to the side as the sword dipped a little.

“You still have four more limbs I can tear from your body.” Honored grinned wickedly and was suddenly engulfed in swirling vortex of demon and void magic. The wedding tux was engulfed in the swirling flames and quickly replaced with the dented and battle hardened golden Equestrian Honor Guard armor on top of the normal white shirt and black slacks Honored now normally wore. The black cape with the red inside swirled around Honored as he squared off against the wedding crasher and his gang of ferocious creatures. “Sorry Luna, looks like I did bring a weapon-” A poliet cough caught Honored’s attention. He looked back and saw Luna’s beautiful mesmerizing wedding dress was replaced with her dark royal blue combat armor and her mane was done up into a tight bun beneath her helmet that had a large sharpened crescent moon blade attached on it above her horn. Beside her floated a loaded machine gun with a glistening belt of 7.62mm rounds snaked around the air.

“Oh my God I love you so much.” Honored said while reaching behind his back and pulling out the two concealed pistols he brought to the wedding. The two Glock 21s were gripped in his hands as he turned back to Masha. “Oh and you’ll have to fight them too.” Honored gestured to the members of Saddle company, whom all had equipped themselves with various weapons and armor. Covert slipped from the shadows, wielding his light machine gun and grinning his sinister blood red smile. Discord laughed deeply while adjusting the woodland camouflage boonie hat on his head and spinning the rotating drum on his grenade launcher. Celestia was wearing the flack jacket from the trip to Hell many months ago with her rifle and pistol both ready for action beside her. Tune shifted next to the group, every gun system along his chassis readied and took aim at the enemies.

“You made a grave mistake Masha. You interrupted the most important day of our lives. And then you threaten not only myself, but the love of my life and my friends?” Honored chuckled deeply that sent shivers down every being’s spine in the throne room. Suddenly the sky outside of the castle turned blood red as the clouds became black and the sun faded into the blood ocean sky. Honored’s black wings extended out from under his cape and the crown he wore on his head exploded as the flame of immortality came to life. “You woke the Demon King Masha.”

Every since entering the throne room, Masha felt fear. He did not know the amount of power his enemy wielded until now, but for Masha he realized that it was too late to back out now. He was here and he had spent months collecting his army and gaining his allies. It was now or never. Masha quickly took advantage of the lull in the room by jumping forward and slamming his broad sword down at the human while he was still distracted by making his speech.

CLASH

The sword was halted mid strike by a revolving purple, green, black, and red swirling pool of demon void magic. Honored grinned at the griffon while wisps of green smoke trickled out from the corners of his eyes. “Tune if you will please.”

“Of course sir.”

Tune slipped the music on and the battle began full fledged.

The music cut into the air as Honored sidestepped around another swift strike from the sword and leveled one of his deadly handguns at Masha’s side. The pistol fired a quick succession of shots that slammed into the armored side of the griffon’s body. Masha quickly backpedaled away while angling down and pressing a lever on the side of his armor. The ballista on his back released a steel bolt at Honored who grinned at the incoming projectile.

BOOM

A 40mm grenade from a draconequus’ grenade launcher caught the deadly bolt mid flight and turned it into a long balloon animal. Honored smiled and nodded to Discord who turned his attention back to one of the incoming manticores. Discord flipped into the air and let fly two more random explosions that slammed into the beast's chest. Clouds of soapy bubbles and confetti exploded out from the manticore’s chest causing it to fall to the side as confetti and bubbles leaked out onto the ground as it gave a final shudder.

Honored dodged around another ballista shot and a sword swing while dropping down to a knee and firing his pistols at Masha who was simply relying on his armor to stop the rounds rather than try and avoid them. Both slides locked back on the pistols as they ran empty. Honored swung them forward while hitting the magazine release buttons and sent the two empty magazines flying straight into a low flying griffon’s face. The griffon slammed into the ground next to Masha and knocked the leader to the ground. Honored tossed two fresh magazines into the ai with his magic and spun the pistols around, catching the falling magazines in the weapons before leveling them across the room at the two recovering griffons. Honored walked forward while firing the weapons simultaneously as Masha quickly dove behind the other griffon who quickly found himself being used as a human shield. The lower griffon jerked side to side as the .45 calibre slugs shredded his body to bloody ribbons. The weapons went dry and Honored dropped the pistols to the floor of the throne room as a large golden weapon slowly began to materialize in his out stretched gauntleted hand. The Element of Protection twirled around his body as he walked towards Masha who dumped his dead meat shield to the ground.

“Enemies at three, five, seven, and eleven sectors. Firing on mark. Mark.” Tune’s robotic polite voice said around to anyone in his proximity as the .50 caliber Ma Deuce heavy machine gun took aim at its first target. Faster than any eye could keep track of, the robot controlled weapon swiveled left, right, right, left in rapid succession, letting a perfect five round burst onto each enemy. Two griffons wielding crossbows, and two ragged looking harpies fell to the ground missing massive amounts of their bodies form where the large rounds had torn through them.

“TUNE HELP!” A loud shout called out across the throne room. Tune’s perfect sense sighted in on the plea and saw the mane six of Ponyville trapped behind a large magical barrier Twilight was holding up. Applejack had Honored’s magical shotgun caster in her hooves and was firing the seeking green shells at any enemy that came around behind the group, while Rainbow Dash, wielding a submachine gun in her hooves, covered the area above the group. One of the large dragons, or more accurately to the robotic death dealing butler, a wervyn, was assaulting the group with gouts of fire and raking the shield with its claws.

“Oh this will not due.” Tune said while the rear anti air missile pods on his pack popped open. “One enemy, three hundred twenty-two kilos. Two HE.” Tune said to himself as two explosions rocked the robotic weapon system. The missiles streaked through the air, catching all attention in the raging battle of the throne room. The wervyn looked up from its attack just in time to see the two high explosive rockets slam into its side.

BOOM BOOM

The area around the lesser dragon vanished into the fiery explosion. The mane six coughed and spluttered around Twilight’s now gore soaked sheild as the smoke around them cleared. The wervyn absolutely gone. Tune bobbed his mechanical claw up and down before rolling away on his wheels.

“Enemies two, six, eight, and nine sectors. Free firing.”

Honored weaved around and deflected a strike from Masha. The griffon spun and lashed out with his prosthetic leg, which did indeed have razor sharp sword in it that sprung out when thrusted. Honored’s own sword struck against the broadsword and the two locked themselves in a close grunting match of pure strength as they tried to out muscle on another. “Devil’s trap.” Honored grinned as a pair of black tentacles shot out of the floor from two summoned runes and wrapped themselves around the griffon’s back legs. Honored sliced down, Masha blocking the strike while kicking out his leg and slicing one of the tentacles with his hidden sword. Honored frowned and dipped around a reverse strike from the enraged griffon. The two continued to lash out with swords, dancing around the throne room.

“I’ll say sister, this is the most interesting wedding I’ve ever done.” Celestia said while grinning. She leveled the rifle and fired a trio of rounds into a griffon while simultaneously aiming the pistol she carried at one of the basilisks that snaked its way through the air on its reptilian wings.

“I’m glad you’re enjoying this Celestia.” Luna said with anger. “This was supposed to be my day, my perfect day, and yet here I am,” Luna stopped as her machine gun burst to life and a long stream of hot lead poured forth and ripped and entire line of griffons to shreds. Luna spuna around and tossed her back legs forward and caught another manticore in the face and then slammed the machine gun forward and struck the beast across its muzzle. She then stepped back and fired the weapon again, sweeping its side with bullets that dropped the manticore to the ground where it laid still.

“Admit it. You're having a bit of fun.” Celestia added while slamming the pistol across a griffon’s face rapidly before hurling it like a bowling ball into a group and then tossing a fragmentation grenade after it.

BOOM

A rain of feathers and blood covered the area.

“Oh shut it sister.” Luna groaned and searched the battlefield for her soon to be husband. She spotted the human locked in combat with the leader of this stupid fight. Some griffon that was angry for the horrible things that Honored had done to the race of easily angered birds. Sure some of it was rather brutal, but they seemed to cause it always. Capturing him, fighting against the Equestrians, and so on. They brought it on themselves. They would learn one day she thought. “Honored get your ass over here!” Luna yelled out to her husband to be. He looked up and over at her before getting punched in the face by said griffon. “Well finish that up first!” She added.

“Aww did you hear that Mashed Potatoes. Playtime is over.” Honored said with a chuckle as the swords slammed together again.

“Its Masha, and yes it is time I killed you.” The griffon grunted while pushing forward, creating room between the two.

“Oh no, that means I have to kick it up to thirty percent.” Honored said with a sinister grin. Masha’s eyes grew wide as Honored’s sword slowly came to life and one side of the blade became serrated and grew in length as it began to spin rapidly. The swordsaw form of Honored’s blade quickly descended again, Masha brought his own sword up and tied to block it, but as soon as the blades touched, Honored’s immediately began to rip through the griffon’s sword. It may have been made of wet paper as the Element of Protection ripped it to pieces. Masha was left with nothing but the hilt of his sword left. He tossed the piece to the side and fired his ballista again at Honored. The human lazily swung his sword and knocked the bolt out of the air.

“Come on Masha. You came in swinging that big ol’ ego around. Where’s that god shit now?” Honored said closing the distance between the two. “You wanted to fight me, here I am! You are here to kill me, then do it. Kill the Demon King of Tartarus. The leader of the Equestrian Honor Guard. The destroyer of nearly an entire race of Changelings. Last human ever on Equestria.” Masha stumbled over the headless corpse of a girffon. “Come on demon killer, end me!” Honored roared while diving forward, slipping through Masha’s pitiful strike with his claws.

Masha looked up to see the smiling face of Honored as a pain erupted in his side. The swordsaw was plunged into his ribcage, the blade slowly slicing its way along his slide. With deliberate slowness, Honored dragged the weapon along the dying griffon’s side. “Don’t worry Masha. I’ll see you again real soon. I have work tomorrow. And I promise you, I’ll have a cell for you in my office.” Honored jerked the swordsaw up and sliced Masha’s head in half.

Luna sighed in relief when Honored appeared beside her, one side soaked in what she hoped was not his blood. “Quickly sister, before something else happens, start that damn thing!” Luna yelled while then aiming at a manticore that jumped at the three. Honored dove down as the body hit the ground. He propped himself up against the freshly slain body as his sword morphed into its long rifle form and he fired a quick shot of void magic at the other remaining dragon to get its attention away from the mane six and Discord.

“Luna will now recite her vows.” Celestia said while turning around and firing a burst of pure sunlight from her horn into a diving basilisk, vaporizing the top half of the flying snake creature.

“Honored for the past few years,” Luna ducked under a flying arrow loosed from a griffon across the throne room who received a burst from the bride’s machine gun, “I have watched you grow and change and do so much for those around you. From the ponies of Ponyville, to the invasion of Canterlot. I have noticed so much about your character that made me fall in love with you.” Luna locked eyes with the love of her life and the two shared a heartfelt moment as the battle around them raged on. Honored lifted his arm and fired a bolt of void magic into a harpie as it raced towards the couple. “But what drove me to love you so much is the way you push yourself to the brink of death for anyone else, no matter what race or anything. You give and give and give with so little in return. My vow is to give you the same dedication that you give in your selfless service.” Luna wiped a tear from the human’s eye as he cupped her face. They both ducked under and incoming battle axe that was tossed at them by a large griffon.

The two stood up at the same time and fired their magic at the same time, the griffon catching the dark purple, green void magic and the dark blue alicorn magic at the same time. “Do you Honored Service, take Princess Luna to be your lawfully wedded wife for now and forever, until death do you part?” Celestia asked as she grabbed a sword of the ground and skillfully parried a frantic slash from a armored covered harpie.

“I do.” Honored said gripping Luna’s hoof in his hand.

“And do you Princess Luna take Honored Service to be your lawfully wedded husband, now and forever, till death do you part?” Celestia repeated the question to Luna who nodded furiously while flicking the deadly looking helmet she wore into the air and launching it with her magic at the large remaining red dragon that was turning its attention to the group of ponies that were still fighting strong against the few stragglers.

“I do.” Luna said looking at Honored.

“Then by the power of the sun and Harmony, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” Celestia said with a large smile and tears freely running down her cheeks. The two quickly leaned in and planted a perfect kiss that slowed all the fighting around them. Time seemed to lose its meaning as the two were lost in each other’s bliss. They pulled out of the kiss and looked once more at each other.

“Want to kill the dragon together my wife dearest?” Honored asked, holding up the hilt of an old golden sword that sparked with ancient magic. Ol’ Zappy the sword found itself once more levitated in Luna’s magic as she levitated her machine gun to Honored.

“We shall make the greatest warrior couple in history!” Luna declared. Honored gave a hearty chuckle as he gripped the 240 in his hands and racked the charging handle back. He flipped the remaining linked rounds over his shoulder and faced the dragon. The couple rushed forward, smiles locked on their faces as they leapt off a flipped over bench right into the dragon’s face.


“YAY!” Screamed the collected crowd as Twilight slowly shut the cover of the large tome. She used her magic to slide the book back onto its appropriate spot on the shelf behind her.

“And they lived happily ever after.” Twilight added to the much delight of everypony gathered. She remembered like it was yesterday when the second Canterlot wedding had been crashed. Granted this time it had been much more damaging to the castle. The clean up had taken months for everything to be put back into order. Twilight smiled as she looked up to the clock over the door to the story club section of the library. “Well it seems we ran a little late today. Storytime is over everypony, same time next week!”

The crowd slowly began to exit the room while everypony talked to one another about their favorite part of the stories they had heard. Twilight watched everypony leave before sighing to herself and began to rearrange the room and put away all the seat cushions and chairs that had been brought into the room for the stories. As she worked she noticed a lone shadow waiting in the back by a few old large shelves of books.

“Excuse me? Do you need help?” She asked the lone figure. The figure turned to face her and stepped forward.

“That was quite the story. Seemed a bit far fetched don't you think?” Honored asked as he stepped from the shadows. His demon horns had reached their full maturity and curved up and over his head while the flame of immortality flickered lively in between the two. He wore a white shirt and black pants and the old tattered demon cape rested on his right shoulder. The left shoulder had a simple piece of golden armor on it with a faded painted on symbol of a rearing filly in a cape. Around his waist was a black belt that held a few pouches and a large golden sheath with a wicked looking sword stowed in it. Black shiny feathered wings twitched on his back as he opened his arms and engulfed Twilight in a friendly hug. “Hows my favorite author doing?”

“It’s so good to see you Honored.” Twilight pulled back from the hug and looked at her old friend. “I’m doing quite well. The storytime idea was a huge hit. And my lessons to the new batch of unicorns is going extremely well.”

“I can see they love yours truly.” Honored said while wiggling his eyebrows. “You did an amazing job Sparkle at capturing everything. I know why you took notes about everything now.” Honored waltzed over to the shelves dedicated to his story and a gauntleted covered hand over the tomes. “Good to know others can hopefully learn from my ways.”

“I certainly hope they don't!” Twilight groaned. “Equestria could barely handle one human!” They both broke out into laughter. “I don’t mean to sound rude, but what are you doing here Honored? Isn’t Tartarus busy containing the new influx?”

“Oh my dear Twilight I could tell you some heartwarming or dangerous story as to why I’m skulking aound your library, but I’ll tell it to you straight.” Honored leaned down and gestured for Twilight to come closer. She slowly slid next to him as he leaned over and whispered into her ear.

“I’m on a world wide hide and go seek championship with Luna, Celestia, and Discord.” He stood up and smiled.

“Honored is that why nopony has seen you for the last four months.” Twilight said with her head cocked in utter confusion.

“You got it. We’re playing for all the marbles. Whoever wins, gets five days off from their job. All of us God tier power wielders can do each other’s job for a short time and I’ll be damned if I have to move around a fucking sun or a big ass rock.”

“Wait. Why wasn’t I invited to join?” Twilight asked with a hurt look.

“Oh Twilight.” Honored said while ruffling the purple alicorn’s mane. “One day you can, butttt today is not that day.” He gave her a sincere smile and then suddenly looked panicked. “Oh shit, my ‘the sisters just joined forces’ powers are tingling. Bye Twilight! And remember, if you don't want to spend an eternity in the pain pit, I was never here.” Honored yelled while dropping to knee and vanishing form sight as a pentagram appeared in fire on the library floor.

“Honored!” Twilight yelled at the ceiling. “That is actually burned into the floor!” The door to the storytime room burst opened and Celestia and Luna stood there panting while looking around. Celestia grabbed Twilight in her magical golden aurora and lifted her to her face.

“Twilight my faithful friend,” Her eyes darted around quickly and the veins around her face were popping out, “have you seen that damned slippery human demon Honored?”

“Please Twilight.” Luna asked much calmer. “I haven't seen my husband, save for cheeky little notes and pictures he has left, in four months.” She then narrowed her eyes in a threatening manner, “And I will not lose to that beast.”

Twilight quickly looked around. Confirming that the human wasn't around, she nodded rapidly. “He was just here.” She pointed a hoof at the still smoldering pentagram on the ground, “he teleported out using that.”

“Damn it all.” Celestia said. “He went back to hell. I hate it there. IT gets my mane all frizzy.” Celestia stopped a hoof to the ground and flashed away.

“Thank you Twilight. Your help was much appreciated.” Luna followed after her sister and vanished a burst of light.

Twilight looked around and sighed. “They have the powers of Gods. They are playing hide and go seek.” The bookish alicorn hung her head. “And I get to be God of Friendship.”

It took all over Honored’s willpower and resolve to not burst out laughing from his hiding place in the rafters over the sulking alicorn. He was sure Luna would have smelt him or even felt his presence only feet above her. He smiled and opened his wings and silently flipped down form the support beams and landed on his feet while moving undetected out of the castle and towards the small cottage tucked away at the edge of the Everfree forest.

Smiling up at the setting sun and rising moon, Honored gently touched the band of gold welded onto the ring finger of his gauntlet. Tomorrow he would have to touch up on the maximum security cells in his office and then bring more release paperwork up to the big boss. Honored reached down into his pocket and felt the small metal ring and pulled it out. He examined the small olive drab green circular ring in his hand and smiled. He had spent the better part of two days deep in the Everfree forest searching. The small safety pin ring twirled around his finger.

A pin that would have perfectly fit into a flashbang grenade.

Honored pocketed the simple memento and opened the door to his home and gently closed the door. It was good to be home.

Author's Note:

To the greatest fans in the world, you the reader,

To every single one of you that have read this story, you each have made an impact on my life.
Every single view that I see on my story. Every single positive (and negative) rating. Every single comment. Each one of you have touched me and encouraged me to write. This has been one of the best uses of my time I'll ever have. The life of a military brony is a strange and exotic one stretched far and few, but thank you all for your support. You each are whom I'm out here for. So read on. You do you. You are all motivation someone, somewhere on the fringes of the world. I hope the long awaited chapter finds each of you in good spirits.

Thanks for the best audience anyone could have.

This is Johnson signing out. It has been a real... honor.

Comments ( 35 )

This was a totally original idea, and I didn't steal it from the guy that posted it on my own story after it took me ages to get the next chapter out...

See you here mate. :raritywink:

Bravo. Well done sir.

Damn. Just... damn. I can't believe it's over.
Just saw that it's not labeled as complete. So new question. Is it over?

This was a fantastic story chain! Thanks for writing!

Oh man! When i saw that this chapter was out, it took everything i had not to skip class just to read it! What an incredible, blood-soaked journey we have been on over the last couple years. I have followed the honored service stories from when they began, and I was never disappointing for a single time. Mountainous highs, and truly heartbreaking lows, all along a journey so epic and endearingly obnoxious that I am guaranteed to never read a treat like this again in my life. This story truly is one of a kind, and will always be in my heart. A very special, twisted and silly place, right next to the romantic part :P
Thank you for YOUR service, both for our country, and in creating this masterpiece. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but i could never get enough, and will forever cherish the crazy adventure you took us on.
I don't know if we are going to get any more chapters on this, as the incomplete tag is still there, but if this is the end, man, what a way to go! That wedding was perfect in soooo many ways, and of course it would all end with a game of God-tier world encompassing hide and seek XD
Ah jeeze, i just don't want to go! I don't want to leave this comment here unless it fully expresses how much i love this story, but the words just might not be mine to have. You'll have to take my word for it.
All the best to you! Glad to have you in the herd, it certainly is better with you here!

I know i already commented, but can I also say how beautiful that ending was? Honored service holding the pin to the flash bang which started the whole journey... what a moment.

Thas a beute right thar mate. A truly emotional time, so AMERICAN. Loved the chapter and hope to hear from you again sometime soon!

Im actually trying not to shed a tear up from this story possibly being over and trying to keep from laughing from the ending with the pin.

I hope you decide to keep writing and entertaining us all, i know i speak for us all when we say thankyou Honored Service. From one patriot to another you brought a smile to all our faces. Hooah!

7935727 yeah, i have the same question!

(reads the "wedding" part) You know, I had a feeling you'd find some way to make that reference.

(reads the ending) Wooow, now that takes me back. You've brought things full circle HS, and it is glorious. *nods approvingly while slow-clapping*

7936536
I'm truly happy to hear that you loved it. I'm proud to have written for you and everyone like you.

This has been a great story, what ever you may do next, my it be as good as this.

May the force be with you, thru thick and thin, and may your victory's bring harmony to those in need.

S.W.B.

Good ending to a good story! :pinkiehappy:

Is it ended? It still says incomplete.

7938044
did you forget to hit the "complete" button? The story is still incomplete...
Also, epic story. 11 / 10... Kinda sad to see it end of though...

The Honoured trilogy is my all time favorite series on this site, I thank you for your contribution to my happiness Sir, I do hope to hear from you again.

Damn you and your puns!

Comment posted by The rainbow explosion deleted Mar 5th, 2017
Comment posted by The rainbow explosion deleted Mar 5th, 2017

The honour is all mine :')

Since I was on Mobile I couldn't use the YouTube link, so I put good Russian Hardbass.

pssst hey guys, it's not over.

8395518
in the words of Sweetie Bell
OHH COME ON!!!!
(in a good way)

It's been nearly a year. There has to come an end at some point, right?

To everyone, fairly certain that was the final chapter. Might be an epilogue though. As for you, my good author, while grammar is not your forte, you sure as hell know how to mke a compelling story! Bravo! Bravisimo! Good, so very good! I cpuld not stop reading the Honored Service chronicles. But I do have onnnnne question. What the heck happened to Gilda?

Could you please either put it on hiatus or completed?

Wow what a run. It has been months since I read a story that kept me this entertained. Even though the character became super op he needed it for the enemies he was fighting, and the fact that he had a deal going for him so he could never lose explains how he managed to achieve all that power. It was such a good series of books and I would love to read more, but I think this is a very good stopping point for the story. I have a feeling that even though it is listed as incomplete, the story is over. Also thank you for being one of the few writers i'v found who managed to include romance in the story without turning it into a clop fic. This one ill most certainly be going in my favorites. Hope you are successful in your future endeavors and that I can have the privilege to read another one of your stories some day. :twilightsmile:

honored service story was so amazing i could not stop reading everything till the end.

tho one question burns in the back of my thoughts "what about Fast sky's":fluttercry:

10942162
Exactly. Not knowing how to establish his own.

Login or register to comment