• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 962 Views, 37 Comments

Mind Twist: The First of The Insane - TwistedSkittles



"Get out while you still can. Nopony can escape the screams and the memories." A quote by Mind Twist as we learn of her parents, her voices, and who she really was. A prequel to The Mentally Unstable Wing of Ponyville Hospital

  • ...
1
 37
 962

To Leave a Letter By the Scar

After the trying to help the blue and purple ponies, who Mind Twist had learned that they were named Screw Loose and Screwball, the pegasus was on severe probation. About a half hour after the event, a guard had come in with a whip.

MInd Twist was given four new ghastly scars on her back.

One for herself.

One for Screw Loose.

One for Screwball.

And the last one for the escape.

It wasn’t the first time she had been injured by one of the staff. When she was a filly, the guards would trip or kick her, and laughed as she would land on the hard floor.

Once when she was a filly, a few guards, when nopony was watching, had once snuck into Mind Twist’s room while she was sleeping. One grabbed her by the throat and started shaking her. Little filly Mind tried to scream but the guard covered her mouth.

“If you ever tell anypony about us, we will beat you and leave for the Timberwolves just like your parents.” He sneered. The words themselves seemed to pierce her skin.

Mind Twist was ready to kick him right in the face. She was searching for the feeling of anger and strength that always seemed to pop out of nowhere, yet all came up was a cry for mercy.

The guards laughed and started kicking and punching her. After what seemed like forever, they finally left. The filly could barely move, for they had broken several bones.

It seemed the older she got, the more injuries and beatings came. Whenever she was punished, she had rolled into a little ball just took it. She learned not to scream, for the guards would often smile and laugh whenever she did, making it more amusing. Mind Twist had also learned how to stop bleeding with napkins and to ignore the feeling of somepony brushing against her scars and injuries, which had once scared her to know that they could feel her pain.

A few of the bruises remained, and the scars they had given her would never go away. The other patients also had a few, but nowhere near as many as Mind Twist had. They would watch her as she would walk past, whispering to each other and then looking at their own injuries.

Today, MInd Twist was not allowed to leave her room. She had attempted her fifth escape. Everytime she would go on probation, never allowed outside her room for a week, then two weeks, then it was a month. The punishment would last longer after every escape.

This time it had been a month, and her it was just a few days until her punishment was to be lifted.

Mind Twist was now looking through the notes that Screwball had slipped underneath her door. Ever since she had stuck the post-it note to the tennis ball she had given her, the two ponies would occasionally slip notes to each other.

Glad to meet you Mind Twist. The blue pony is Screw Loose. I am Screwball. Thank you for attempting to save us.

The first had said.

Screw Loose is in here because she thinks she is a dog. I am here because ever since the Mane Six defeated Discord, they say I have been “disrupted.” I do not understand what they mean. The only thing that has changed is my appearance, thanks to Discord.

Said another. Mind Twist pulled out the latest one.

Will we ever get out?

Mind Twist pulled a pen and a napkin she had kept in her tail, which was now thick and gnarled, and wrote her response.

I don’t know. I was the very first of the Insane. And I’m still here.