• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 955 Views, 37 Comments

Mind Twist: The First of The Insane - TwistedSkittles



"Get out while you still can. Nopony can escape the screams and the memories." A quote by Mind Twist as we learn of her parents, her voices, and who she really was. A prequel to The Mentally Unstable Wing of Ponyville Hospital

  • ...
1
 37
 955

Time and Rebellion

A few years had passed.

Mind Twist was now a no longer a filly. She had spent all of her time in the Wing. She had gotten stronger, a bit more violent, along with her inner demons.

The other patients had learned to avoid her, even if some of them were worse.

A few had a physical disorder, most were mentally ill. There were a few serial killers, a drug dealer, a stallion obsessed with blood, and a few others.

Over the years, the Wing and it's staff grew worse. There was beating, horrible slop for meals, and so many blood curdling screams echoing the hall.

Nurse Redheart grew apart from Mind Twist after the incident. She would sometimes catch Mind's eye, then quickly look away. Other days she would look straight at her, as if she wasn't there. But that was okay with Mind Twist. She became used to the feeling of loneliness, after all nopony wanted anything to do with her.

There about nine patients in the Wing, including Mind Twist herself. They had all been imprisoned for one of two things; they were a bit different or off, or they were suspected to know too much.

Now, a very bored Mind Twist was slumped against a wall, bouncing a tennis ball on the wall so that it would come back to her. She heard a noise outside in the hallway. She caught the tennis ball and stood up to look out her tiny window.

Outside she saw Nurse Redheart struggling with a blue pony on a leash. The blue pony was growling like an angry dog as the nurse tried to drag her into a padded room. Another pony, purple with a curly mane and purple dizzy eyes, had ropes tied to her as she tried to fly away from another nurse, who was determined to let her escape.

More? They've taken so many already!!

Do something you idiot! Make your parents proud!!

Maybe, if I set them free, they'll realize I'm a good girl and let me go home.

That's it! Now go save them!!!

Mind Twist flew towards the back wall, so that she was facing the door. She suddenly flew towards the door with her front hooves reached out. She collided with cold metal, yet made a large dent in the door. She repeated this again and again.

The four ponies outside of the door froze as they heard the pony inside, as if they were in a horror movie.

Then suddenly door came off, hinges and all, and went flying violently into the wall. Mind Twist buzzed in the hallway so fast that she was a black blur. She swept down and scooped the two new patients into her arms and onto her back.

"Hang on! I have to get you out. I have to!" Mind Twist felt the strong feeling again, but it was determination instead of anger. She zipped throught the hallway, searching for a way to escape.

Suddenly she felt something tug on her, slowing her down, she looked and saw that the blue pony was ready to fall off, hanging on with Mind's tail in her mouth. The blue pony began to fall, she howled as she fell, for the group had been very high above the ground. Mind Twist dived, her hooves reached out to catch the pony. She was so close to the pony, when suddenly a yellow glow came from her. The blue pony was being levitated by magic and something was holding Mind Twist any the purple pony she had been carrying.

Mind Twist looked and saw that the magic was from Misses, her yellow magic matching her blonde hair. She looked angrily at the three patients as she lowered them to the ground. She still held them firmly in a line with her yellow magic.

"MIND TWIST!!!" Misses yelled sharply. "How dare you try to escape!!" She marched up to the pegasus.

Mind Twist frowned angrily at Misses. "You know what they do to us here. I'm surprised I haven't tried it before." She hissed.

Misses looked ready to scream. She began to march back and forth in front of the three ponies.

Mind Twist gently rolled the tennis ball to the purple pony, who was beside her.

For the dog. Mind Twist mouthed to her.

Purple nodded and carefully hid it behind her front leg, mouthing a thank you in the process.

"Stupid, lazy, shitty little FREAKS!!! Misses screeched as she came back around, not noticing the tennis ball. "GET TO YOUR ROOMS!!" She yelled. She used her magic to make another new steel door magically appear, and opened it to Mind Twist's room and quickly levitated her, slamming her violently into the wall.

The heavy door closed with a bang.

Mind Twist got up and dusted herself off. Although she was very sore, she couldn't help smiling at what she had did.

Her first major act of rebellion.

Author's Note:

Buck yeah! Rebels!
Just kidding....personally I'm proud of Mind Twist. :pinkiesad2:
So do you guys like the story so far? Or are you too busy reading about the Wing? I noticed it was getting more views :yay:!
Anyways enjoy!