• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 958 Views, 37 Comments

Mind Twist: The First of The Insane - TwistedSkittles



"Get out while you still can. Nopony can escape the screams and the memories." A quote by Mind Twist as we learn of her parents, her voices, and who she really was. A prequel to The Mentally Unstable Wing of Ponyville Hospital

  • ...
1
 37
 958

A Shot of Strength

Ugh, why is this is so stupid? I bet our parents are happy and talking right now. They just don't want us to see them.

Our parents? Us? What are you talking about?

Duh, I’m your conscience. You know, that little voice in your head that tells you what to do, and gives you advice on decisions and tells you right from wrong. That kind of stuff.

Oh, okay. And yeah this is stupid. Why do I have to get this shot anyway?

Mind Twist was sitting alone in a hospital bed when the door opened. Misses peeked her head inside.

“Hello Mind Twist. I see that the most of the effects haven’t gotten you yet.” She told Mind as she walked in.

Most of the effects? What does that mean?

Mind Twist checked herself over, finding nothing wrong with her.

Misses merely smiled even more at the filly.

“It’s time for the shot now. Please, follow me.” She said as walked out of the room. Mind Twist leapt out of bed and followed her. Surprisingly, Misses was not speed walking. In fact, she looked behind her shoulder often to make sure Mind was coming.

They arrived in front of a black door with four locks. As Misses unlocked the door, Mind Twist shivered, a chill creeping up her spine.

When the door opened, it revealed a dark staircase with a small light bulb on the ceiling.

Misses smiled even more at the sight of it, then began walking down the stairs.

“Come little one, your medicine awaits.” She said happily to Mind.

The filly hesitated for a moment, peering down the stairs. They were very steep and they creaked as Misses walked down them. She followed the pony, who had already begun unlocking another door, much darker in color than the one before.

The heavy door opened, and revealed a eerie hallway. As the ponies walked, Mind Twist saw many doors in the hallway. Some were empty padded rooms, others were full of medicine and needles. One looked to be a cafeteria and another was a break room for the staff.

They came to a nice clean room, similar to the regular hospital rooms. Except for the metal table with leather straps connect to it.

“Now just lay down on the table like a good girl.” Misses instructed her.

Like a good girl.

“I’ll strap you in so your nice and safe.” Misses continued.

This didn’t feel right. if she was only getting a shot, why were they in here?

“But-” She started.

DO IT!” Misses suddenly screamed. She was no longer seemed an innocent blonde pony.

Mind Twist, afraid of what would happen if she didn’t, quickly lifted herself onto the cold metal table and laid down. Misses strapped her wings, her legs, her stomach, and her tail into the table. Mind squirmed, and found she could barely move.

“Now, just hold still.” Misses told her. The pony reached over and pushed a red button on a wall. Suddenly red lights flashed and an alarm sounded throughout the building. About ten nurses came in, and one was holding a long needle with a blue liquid.

Now look what you did! You were bad so now they have to punish you!!

No! I’ll be good!! I want to see my parents!!!

Mind Twist squirmed and shut her eyes tight as the needle was inserted in near her shoulder.

I want to see them!!!

Immediately she felt a sharp sting.

Mommy!

She opened her eyes and started squirming more, finding easier.

Daddy!

Her heart started beating faster, pounding in her ears, sweat beaded on her forehead, she felt a rush of energy and squirmed even more.

THEY LEFT US!!! YOU’VE BEEN A BAD GIRL!!!! Her head was suddenly filled with many voices as they screamed at her.
AND NOW YOU’LL NEVER SEE MOMMY OR DADDY AGAIN!!!

SHUT UP!!!!!” MInd Twist screamed. She used her newfound strength to bust out of the leather straps. She violently pushed the nurses aside as they tried to stop her. She flew towards the door, kicking it open and flying as fast as she could. She flew through the black doors and towards her parents room. She burst into the room, and was just in time to see both heart monitors make two long beeps as the hearts both stopped.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" Mind Twist screamed. She was now in shock, and hardly notice that many nurses dragged her away.