• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 955 Views, 37 Comments

Mind Twist: The First of The Insane - TwistedSkittles



"Get out while you still can. Nopony can escape the screams and the memories." A quote by Mind Twist as we learn of her parents, her voices, and who she really was. A prequel to The Mentally Unstable Wing of Ponyville Hospital

  • ...
1
 37
 955

A Nurse's Call

Nurse Redheart walked out of the cafeteria quietly. Her mind began to fill with memories of the other ponies who had once been trapped down here. The beating, the threats, the screams that filled the air.

They were all gone. They secretly buried in the graveyard. Many were suicide, others were beaten, some were scared to death.

Redheart shivered at the memories.

Now the little filly had to go through the same thing as the others had. Hopefully she would last longer.

The nurse shook her head at the thoughts.

You’re going soft again. It’s bad enough you’re on probation. Redheart told herself.

It’s not that she wanted to torture any of the ponies, it’s the fact she had to. It was her job. Without his job, she was nothing, and her boss knew it. That’s why she was offered excellent pay. To work, and to keep her mouth shut.

The entire staff knew of the Wing and what they did to the Insane. The staff also knew that they could easily end up in a padded room if they ever spoke a word of any of this. Those who had were locked up along with the pony they had told. After a few months of torture, slop to eat, and padded rooms, they fit in right with the other ponies of the Insane. Fighting their own minds and inner voices.

As Redheart pulled out her phone, she looked to see if anypony was watching. She held the phone to her ear and heard a voice answer.

“Hey boss. I have news." She told the voice on the other end. "The experiment went as planned, she has no memory of her parents’ death.” She paused to hear what voice said.

The nurse sighed and ran her hoof through her mane. “Got it, same treatment as the rest.....oh....thank you.” She hung up and went back to the cafeteria, where Mind Twist was to be waiting for her.

Author's Note:

So, we have a few more questions raised....
Will they be answered soon? Keep reading to find out :rainbowderp: :pinkiesmile: