• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 959 Views, 37 Comments

Mind Twist: The First of The Insane - TwistedSkittles



"Get out while you still can. Nopony can escape the screams and the memories." A quote by Mind Twist as we learn of her parents, her voices, and who she really was. A prequel to The Mentally Unstable Wing of Ponyville Hospital

  • ...
1
 37
 959

Another Soul Plucked

It had been month since Derpy had arrived. Mind Twist had locked herself in her room, as a punish to herself for becoming the monster she thought she was. She hadn't heard much about the others of the Insane. Only a few of them were still alive.

Luna still spoke to nopony. Screwball had stopped slipping notes long ago. Derpy only knew Mind Twist as a raging lunatic, as did the others, and Screw Loose has escaped. Twice.

One was about a while ago when she had slipped past the staff. They were too busy panicing about 'stolen slippers' and 'Daring Do book.' Mind Twist thought she had heard the name of the pegasus who had taken the book. Rainbow Dash. It was in her newspaper clipping, but because she made no sense of anything to the article, it left her very confused and she would merely shrug the name off.

The second time Loose had escaped was a few days ago, early morning. The tired staff had just begun their duties when Screw Loose suddenly bit a doctor's leg and ran off. While the staff went his aid, only Nurse Redheart noticed that the pony had slipped away. The nurse had run off and came back about three hours later with Loose in leash.

Now, Mind Twist was sleeping when she heard a noise. She lifted her head and then flew to the window. The hallway was empty except for a pink pony.

She's here for you!! She's here because of you're parents!

Really? She could help us get home! To see Mommy and Daddy!

But only if you be good!

Shut up! I will be good!

You better be....

Shut up!

Be a good girl.

"SOMEPONY HELP ME! PLEASE! SOMEPONY! ANYPONY! PLEASE! I WANT TO GO HOME!! I'LL BE GOOD!!! I PROMISE!" Mind Twist screamed. She began pounding on the door violently, trying to get the pink pony's attention.

The pink pony crept over hesitantly. Mind Twist backed away, ready for her to open the door. She could see the pink pony stretch her neck. Then there was Misses creeping up behind her with a rag in hoof.

Mind Twist darted for the window, her red eyes only showing through the glass.

"Behind you!" She shouted. But her warning could not be heard as the pink pony screamed in fright. Misses cut the scream short as she suddenly held the rag to the pink pony's muzzle. Soon the visitor went limp, and Misses began dragging the body away.

"No! What did you do to her?!" Mind Twist yelled to Misses. But the unicorn was too busy as she placed the body into an empty padded room.

A few minutes later Misses came out again with only a rag, a bottle of liquid, and a sharp needle.

"That'll keep her out for a few days." Misses muttered to herself.

Screw Loose's door opened and Redheart stepped outside with a whip. She shut the door and then walked over to Misses.

"Another one??" Redheart gasped as Misses shut the new pony's door. "She saw me catch Screw Loose away!"

"Don't worry. We won't have to deal with her for a while." Misses chuckled. "It's amazing what medicine and a few spells can do."

Redheart nodded, and the two ponies walked away.

What medicine and a few spells can do.

Misses's words echoed through Mind Twist head.

Medicine and a few spells.