• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 955 Views, 37 Comments

Mind Twist: The First of The Insane - TwistedSkittles



"Get out while you still can. Nopony can escape the screams and the memories." A quote by Mind Twist as we learn of her parents, her voices, and who she really was. A prequel to The Mentally Unstable Wing of Ponyville Hospital

  • ...
1
 37
 955

PREVIEW Screw Loose and Screwball: The 2nd and 3rd of the Insane

Shoeshine placed a cold damp washcloth onto her forehead to ease her huge head ache. It was the usual busy day. Running back and forth through a mob of angry ponies from Canterlot demanding horseshoes. Shoeshine was so far behind on her work. Ordering the materials, dealing with the late shipping, and then taking them to the blacksmith. She would help Smithy in his shop, pounding the metals into shiny horseshoes. Then it was then her job to organize them into boxes, fill out orders, and either ship them off or have them become mixed up in her store. She merely had a few hours of sleep, then it was back to her job.

She was a pretty, light blue mare with mauve eyes and curly hair. She had once been happy, spending time with her friends, and stallions would even flirt with her. Now she had no time for anypony.

Shoeshine sighed again and gestured her front hooves in the air.

“Why can’t I be free like the others?” She exclaimed in anger.

She grew farther and farther apart from her friends and family. They no longer asked if they wanted to meet her somewhere. Shoe was always working, she devoting her life to her store.

Shoeshine groaned and rolled onto her side so that she was facing the window. She closed her eyes for a moment, to fall asleep, when she heard a loud barking. She opened her eyes to see a young filly playing with a dog. The filly used his magic to toss the tennis ball towards the puppy, a german shepherd, and he caught it happily. He growled and bit it.

“Good job Max. You’ll do great working with Daddy. We’ll both grow up nice and strong and can work on catching bad guys like Daddy.” The filly said.

Shoeshine recognized him. He was the son of Hemlock Bones, a stallion who solved crime, known mostly for murderers.

Shoeshine’s eyes went back to the german shepherd. The dog seemed so careless and free, spending time playing with his family.

Shoe chuckled to herself.

“Why can’t I be like that?” She mumbled.

She rolled over and and fell asleep, but not before hearing a strange voice in her head.

“You can.”

Author's Note:

In case you are wondering, Shoeshine can be found the MLP wikia. She is very similar to Screw Loose (you can also search for a picture) with eyes, mane color and coat color.
In the upcoming Insane story, both Screw Loose and Nurse Sweetheart are regular ponies. Nopony ever suspected that they would turn a little....off. But by time they realize, it's too late. They snap.

Comments ( 2 )

*zooms in on pic*

Oh, no. They got Rainbow Dash!

Login or register to comment