• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 941 Views, 25 Comments

Flame of a Different World - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



Applejack finds an unconscious red Pegasus in her orchard

  • ...
9
 25
 941

party

Blazing Streak reared and smashed her back legs into an apple tree. A loud splitting sound echoed through the orchard. Confused, she turned around to see that the tree had split where she had kicked it.

"...Horseapples." She muttered. The tree she had just kicked was leaning on it's side, the apples flung backwards.

"Uh, Applejack? I think I might have over done it." Applejack was already on her way over to her. Upon seeing the damage her eyes widened.

"How did ya'll do that?" She asked.

"Uh, I guess I just kicked it too hard. Sorry." Blazing replied, rubbing the back of her head awkwardly.

"Well Ah'll be... Ah aint seen anypony able to split a tree like that with their bear hooves. Not even Big Mac!". Applejack said in semi-awe. Blazing Streak blushed a bit with a sheepish smile.

"Hmm..." She lifted an apple with her hoof. "Lemme see how far ya can kick this apple." Blazing Streak nodded. She got into position and Applejack released the apple into the air. Blazing Streak kicked it as hard as she could. The apple smashed on contact and it's remains flew more than half way across the orchard. Applejack's jaw dropped, seemingly, into a trance.

"Uh, AJ? Hello?" Blazing waved a hoof in front of her face. She blinked as she came out of the trance and her jaw returned to it's natural position.

"Wha?" Applejack was speechless.

"Hey, Applejack, you've already seen me ignite a tree with my bear hooves, it's not like this is anything special." Blazing Streak said.

Just then, she noticed Pinkie Pie bouncing towards them with a basket of invitations on her head.

"HEY GUYS! I'M HOLDING A PARTY FOR YOU TWO! IT'S GOING TO BE SUPER FANTASTERIFFIC! HERE ARE THE INVITATIONS!" She reached into her basket hat and pulled out two pieces of paper, which she handed to Blazing Streak and a semi - recovered Applejack.

"BYE GUYS!" Pinkie Pie bounced back in the direction of Ponyville.

Blazing Streak looked at the paper. "Party at the town center at six pm for the new couple:" Blazing Streak's eyes widened at the next part; "Apple-Streak" She read aloud.

"Apple - Streak? Now why don't they jus' say 'Blazin' Streak n' Applejack'?" Applejack said, recovered fully.

"I don't know... Oh well, as long as they don't start calling us that all the time." Blazing Streak replied with a shrug.

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

The quickly growing sound of party music echoed through the town As Blazing Streak and Applejack approached the town center.

"Excited, Firefly? Pinkie's party's are always the best ones. Plus this is our first night out with each other since that camping trip." Applejack said, excited.

"Yeah, I'm just worried about how everyone will react to us." She admitted.

"Now don't ya'll worry 'bout that, sugar cube. It doesn't matter what others think about us. Also, Ponyville is a very accepting place, so Ah doubt anything bad'll happen about it." Applejack reassured her, giving her neck a comforting nuzzle. Blazing Streak nodded and carried on walking.

They turned a corner to see the town center filled with activity, ponies dancing, drinking and playing games. Pinkie Pie was dancing in the middle, others surrounding her and stomping their hooves. When they got closer, Pinkie immediately halted her dance and seemed to just appear in front of them.

"HEY GUYS! Welcome to the party!" Confetti exploded from somewhere behind her. "We have some drinks over there including Applejack's amazing cider! Also we have games, dancing and later we have a special event coming upbutIwontspoilitbecauseitisasurpriseforyoutwoand OHMYGOSH!" She took in a massive gulp of air before continuing; "EVERYPONY! OUR GUESTS OF HONOR ARE HERE! COME SAY HI!" She shouted. Before either of them could say anything, a massive group of ponies had swarmed over them and were throwing Blazing Streak and Applejack up again and again, cheering loudly.

While Applejack had a happy smile on, Blazing was too confused at what was happening, she had never been to a party where she was the honored guest. Back in Helvada, the parties were boring and only happened around hearth's warming eve or nightmare night.

"CIDEER!" Blazing Streak heard Rainbow Dash's voice in the distance, rapidly getting closer. She started to hover and look her way as she was flung.

Rainbow landed and immediately grabbed some cider from the bar. I'm not surprised. She thought to herself with an amused look on her face.

"Hey, AJ. I'm gonna get some cider, be right back." She said, darting towards the stand where a keg of cider was placed with mugs surrounding it. Rainbow Dash was gulping down the alcoholic liquid like her life depended on it.

"Um, Rainbow? I think you're over doing it.." She warned the cyan Pegasus, who stopped what she was doing and looked up at Blazing.

"'s that a- hic- challenge?" She said with a determined looking grin.

Blazing Streak face-hoofed. "Oh no..." she muttered to herself.

"I coud - hic- drink wwwaaaaaaay more thn you, Blashen Shteak!" Rainbow slurred.

Blazing Streak deadpanned before stating; "You're drunk, go home."

"Hey, I'm fiiine I don't- hic- need to go home!" Rainbow Dash was completely wasted.

Applejack trotted over "Hey Blazi-" she saw Rainbow and face-hoofed. "rainbow, ya'll are drunk, go home."

"That's what I said, she didn't listen." Blazing said.

"Ya know what?" Rainbow slurred. "I think yo should tooootally make out riight na-hic" Blazing Streak's eyes narrowed and she couldn't stop her cheeks heating up.

"Uh..." She didn't know how to respond.

"Yeah, anyway, Ah think we should get outta here before she starts forcin' us." Applejack turned away from the scene, closely followed by an embarrassed Blazing.

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

A few drinks, games and laugh's later, Blazing Streak, Applejack and all their friends (apart from Rainbow Dash, who had passed out and needed to go home) were sitting on a table, watching everypony else celebrate.

"So, um, Blazing? How are you liking the party? I-if you don't mind me asking..." Fluttershy said in her quiet voice.

"I love, it, thanks girls. All of this means a lot to me." She replied, smiling wholeheartedly.

She then noticed the music quiet down and stop, followed by a voice.

"Alright everypony! Now we have something special planned for tonight. A couples' dance!" Blazing Streak's ear twitched. couple's dance?. She looked up to see a white unicorn with crazy blue hair and purple glasses on at the mixer. The unicorn walked off stage, replaced with a grey cellist, a pianist and a violinist. They started to play a slow, steady, ballroom like song.

"Hey, Firefly, care ta dance?" Applejack whispered in her ear. She turned round.

"Uh... I don't really know how to..." She admitted, looking down.

"Don't worry, jus' follow mah lead." Applejack stood up on her hind legs and offered Blazing Streak her hoof. She Looked around nervously before taking a deep breath and taking it.

Applejack lead her to the middle of the clearing. They both reared on their hind legs and got into position, one hoof on each others waist and the others intertwined. Applejack then took the lead, swaying them back and forth in time to the music. They stayed like this for what felt like ages, Blazing Streak looking at Applejack with a sheepish smile. They stumbled a couple of times, but they mostly did okay. The song then started to finish, the other ponies cheering them on and watching with ridiculous smiles. Apart from a few, who looked uncertain about the whole situation, but Blazing Streak ignored them. When the song ended on it's final note, they shared a mutual, passionate kiss. The whole audience erupted in applause and cheering. Unfortunately, they had to break the kiss eventually. Applejack had a warm smile on her face, her eyes half-open.

"Ah reckon ah got a surprise fer ya when we get back." She said in what sounded like a... seductive voice? Blazing Streak's eyes opened fully and she barely managed to stop her wings from shooting outwards. Her cheeks started to heat up.

"Did yer face jus' get redder?" Applejack chuckled.

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

The moon hung high in the sky as Blazing Streak and Applejack walked back from the party. Blazing leaned her head on Applejack's, a wing draped over her, holding her close.

"What a night" She sighed, she was exhausted from the night's events.

"Eyup." Applejack agreed.

Some distant murmuring caught Blazing Streak's attention;
"Hey, did you see the new couple in town?" One voice said, as they turned the street in front of them but payed no attention.

"Pff, disgusting. And here I was thinking that the farm pony was normal." Another said. Something ticked inside Blazing Streak, her hooves started to tremble, and she let out a low growl. The bigots ahead of them turned round.

"Ha, speak of the devil. What are you two fillyfoolers doing here?" That was the last straw. Blazing Streak shot towards them and slammed a hoof into the pony's face, sending him flying into the wall of a building. The other pony, a mare with a cream coat and red hair, squealed in fright.

"Blazin'! What do ya think yer doin?!" Applejack ran towards the scene, where Blazing Streak's anger was getting the better of her. Her eyes were glowing white, and her hooves were flaming.

The unicorn that she had just hit recovered from his spot in the wall and cast a scared glance towards Blazing, who started to walk in his direction, before an orange hoof touched her shoulder. Her anger started to fade and her eyes returned to their normal state. Applejack then took her hoof off her shoulder and walked to the distressed unicorn.

"Ya do realize ya brought that on yerself." She said, simply. Blazing Streak was still glaring at the Unicorn, who was now bleeding from his mouth, no doubt a few of his teeth gone. His grey fur was matted with fluff and his blue mane shriveled from the impact with the wall. He was lucky Blazing Streak hadn't hit him with her full strength.

"I-I..." Was all he said. Meanwhile, the pony that was with him was frozen in shock and confusion. Applejack turned away and motioned Blazing Streak, who was starting to calm down.

"Now why did ya'll have ta go n' do that, sugar cube? Ya could've done some serious damage to him." She questioned.

"Well, he insulted us, he insulted you. Besides, I didn't hit him nearly as hard as I could have done." Blazing Streak answered.

"But that ain't how ya resolve a situation like that, ya should've just ignored him."

Blazing Streak sighed before answering; "I'm sorry Applejack, it's just that I don't like it when my friends are in any sort of trouble, especially you, so when he started to say bad things behind your back, I got angry, I might have been able to hold it off, but then he started to openly mock us. I snapped, I shouldn't have and it wont happen again."

"It's okay, Firefly, Ah was struggling to stop myself too, but next time, try to keep it together." Applejack said. Blazing nodded in return.

Suddenly, Blazing Streak got a strange feeling, the one you get when you're being watched. She turned around. What she saw startled her. A Dark, pony figure with darkness emitting from it. It just stood there, watching.

"A-Applejack?" She managed to squeal out.

"Whats wrong, sugar cube?" She asked, before also looking at the figure. She stumbled back in fright. The creature then made a hissing sound and lunged at Blazing, pinning her and raking its.... claws? across her pelt. She let out a screech of agony, before knocking it back with her front hooves, sending it flying off her. She got up and reared on her hind legs, balancing with her wings.

"Blazin'!" Applejack started to move towards her, but a red hoof stopped her.

The Creature lunged again, but this time, Blazing Streak was ready. She grabbed it's outstretched arms, turned and smashed it into the floor, creating a deafening crack. The creature exploded into darkness, which flowed into the cracked ground like water seeping through fabric.

Blazing Streak stared at where the creature had just been, confused and dazed from the event.

Firefly? Ya'll are bleedin'!" Applejack rushed over and inspected the long scratch down Blazing's side, which oozed blood.

"I... I'm fine..." Blazing Streak managed to say. She looked round and saw Twilight galloping towards them, occasionally using her magic to teleport.

"Girls! Are you okay? What happened? What was that thing? You're bleeding!" Twilight continued to bombard them with questions.

"Twi! " Applejack broke her from her trance. "If ya wanna know, ya should give us some time to reply."

Twilight blushed.

"We were attacked. By one of the creatures I told you about, I think." Blazing replied to her questions. A pool of dread forming in her heart. Was this it? The prophecy's meaning?

"Oh no... We should get you to a doctor and see if it's infected, or worse..." Twilight reasoned.

"I'm fine, I don't need a doctor." Blazing Streak refused.

"Yes, ya do, Firefly. We need ta know, just incase it's dangerous." Applejack said, sternly. Of everyone, she seemed to be the least shaken and confused.

Blazing Streak once again sighed and followed them to the hospital.

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

"You'll be glad to know that there is not any infection or poison, it's just a scratch. We'll have you bandaged up and ready to go in no time." Nurse Red heart reassured her. There were audible sighs of relief from Applejack and Twilight.

"Told you I'd be fine." Blazing Streak said with a smug grin.

"Aw shush you. 'S a good thing we did this anyway, or we wouldn't know if ya'll were okay." Blazing shrugged her agreement.

As the nurse finished bandaging her wounds up, she stood up and walked over to her friends.

"Thanks, nurse." She said, earning a nod. They started to walk out of the hospital. "I might be fine, but the creature I saw is still a problem. What if its coming? The warning, it's coming true."

"Ah don't know, Ah jus' dont know."

Author's Note:

There, another chapter. By the way, thanks everyone for the ratings and comments etc. I know it isn't much, but for a new writer like me, it means a lot.

Hope you enjoyed!