• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 941 Views, 25 Comments

Flame of a Different World - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



Applejack finds an unconscious red Pegasus in her orchard

  • ...
9
 25
 941

A great way to start a camping trip...

Blazing streak, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow dash and Twilight Sparkle walked across a vast stretch of mountain ranges, Looking over Equestria from a birds eye view, Ponyville was long behind them, and they were getting close to their destination.

"Ugh, how far is it?" Rainbow dash complained.

"It's not far now, just down there, see?" Twilight reassured her.

Looking over, Blazing streak could see a vast expanse of meadow, surrounded by trees with a large lake in the middle.

"OOH I cant wait to get there! I brought my party cannon so we can have a HUUUUUUUGE party with cakes and chocolate and...." Blazing streak blocked Pinkie's rambling , and concentrated on the scenery around them. Back in Helvada, she would often go on long flights or walks like this, and just take in the sights, block out the bad things happening, for a short time at least. But it never got old, especially at a new place, these sights were beautiful.

"'s beautiful ain't it sugar cube." her thoughts were said aloud by Applejack.

"Yeah. I used to go on walks like this all the time, never gets old." She replied.

The path they followed started to dip into a gentle slope, which, alarmingly, grew steeper and steeper the further it went.
Looking around, Blazing noticed there was no other way down.

"Girls? I think we're going to have trouble getting down there..."

Behind her, her six friends all joined her and looked over them selves, right on the edge of the steep slope.

"But I could have sworn I read the map EXACTLY!" Twilight fretted.

"Oh my, it's so steep" Fluttershy gasped, barely audible.

"Oh dear, how ever shall we get down?" Rarity started to think.

Blazing streak heard a slight cracking sound. Before she could warn the others, the ground slipped away from underneath her. She heard screams around her, Rarity and Applejack were falling. Panic and horror surged through Blazing streak's chest as she watched them fall, frozen in place. In what felt like minutes, she managed to make herself move.

"Rainbow! Get Rarity!" Blazing streak thought fast. She also flew fast, downwards towards Applejack, along with Rainbow dash flying towards Rarity, who was screaming wildly. C'mon... C'mon! They got closer to the ground, Blazing streak still meters away from catching Applejack. Then, with a wild burst of speed, She heard an explosion behind her, the pressure of a cone that had formed dissipating. She lunged forward and grabbed Applejack with her hooves, who let out a gasp.

"I gotcha AJ" she said, panting slightly. She had come so close to losing her. Setting Applejack on the ground at the foot of the mountain, she landed.
She was immediately pulled into a tight hug.

"Ya'll saved mah life! Thank ya Blazin'! Thank ya so much." Applejack managed to say, still recovering from the shock.

"I-it's what friends are for." Blazing streak was still shocked more than Applejack about what happened. So close to losing her.

The hug lasted a bit longer than normal, and when they pulled away, Blazing streak could swear she saw something flicker in Applejack's eyes. Looking to the side, she saw that Rainbow dash had also put Rarity down and being thanked over and over by the drama queen.

"Is everypony okay down there?!" She heard Twilight's voice.

"Y-yeah! Everyone's fine!... just..." She added quietly to herself. Just then there was a flash of purple and Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy appeared before them. Blazing streak was pulled into yet another hug, this time it was a group hug.

"I'm so glad you're both okay!" Fluttershy said, relieved.

"Ya'll have Blazin' ta thank fer that!" Applejack replied, making the red Pegasus' face turn two shades darker.

"Hey! don't forget me! That's the second time I've saved Rarity from plummeting to her death!" Rainbow Dash said, causing everyone to laugh, including herself.

"I'm so happy you're not dead! If you were I would be saddy waddy Pie and then I wouldn't be able to party any more because I would be too sad and OOHweshouldhaveapartytocelebrate!!!!" Pinkie Pie bounced up and down excitedly while listing off things that could go in a party, all in one breath... again.

"I'll never understand that one." Blazing streak murmured, half to herself. Applejack and a few others chuckled.

"Neither do we!" Rarity said, relief weakening her voice.

There was a moment of silence before Applejack broke it.

"So, are we gonna get movin' or what?" Six nods answered her as they retrieved the saddle bags that had dropped from Applejack when she fell.

The seven ponies trekked through a lush forest filled with wild life, much to Fluttershy's delight. Shortly after, they reached a large clearing with an even denser pine forest on the far side of it, a lake positioned in the middle, glimmering in the sunlight, which was slowly fading. Beside Blazing streak, Rarity was gawking at the place as if she was about to faint right there, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Twilight and Fluttershy were looking around in amazement while Rainbow Dash looked like she was doing her best to look cool, even though Blazing streak could see right through her.

Once they reached the edge of the lake, Blazing streak dropped her saddle bags.
"Is here a good place for you?" She asked.

"Mighty fine lookin' place to set up a campfire."

..-...---...-.-...---...-..

"So then Princess Celestia sent us to find the elements of harmony which I told you about earlier, blazing. But on our way there, we were confronted by an army of changelings!" Rainbow Dash said, making Blazing streak's eyes widen.

"Did you beat them?" Blazing streak asked.

"Hay yeah! Those reptiles couldn't lay a hoof an me!" Rainbow Dash said, puffing out her chest.

"Rainbow Dash, that isn't how it happened, we defeated the first wave then got captured by the second one." Twilight corrected, making Rainbow pout.

"Huh, sounds like you put up a pretty good fight! But there were only six of you?" Blazing asked, earning six nods.

"But then Princess Cadence did a magic love thingy and blew them all away and then we had a big party! there was music, cake, punch, dancing, cider..." Pinkie Pie went on and on and on, making Blazing streak sigh in frustration and amusement at the same time.

"Well, I got to say I'm impressed."

The campfire Blazing streak had lit started to calm down, the seven ponies had sat there telling stories to each other, mostly Rainbow Dash over exaggerating achievements that she had gained. They sat there in comfortable silence until Twilight spoke up again;

"So, who's going to sleep with who tonight?" Applejack, who was sitting next to her, looked at Blazing with a warm smile which made Blazing streak's heart feel like it was about to explode.

"Wanna bunk with me, sugar cube?" She asked Blazing, leaning forward, she whispered; "Ah hid some cider in mah saddle bag, don't tell Rainbow; she'll go crazy." Blazing streak laughed a bit and smiled back, nodding as she blushed.

I have to tell her at some point or I'm going to go insane... Ugh, what am I thinking? She'll hate me if I do! Blazing streak's internal conflict caught the attention of Fluttershy.

"Um, are you okay Blazing? you look troubled..." She said, quietly.

"Oh I'll be fine Fluttershy, it's nothing you need to worry about." Blazing streak said, calmly to not make the yellow Pegasus feel bad. Over the week she had been here, she had learned Fluttershy's sensitiveness. She wasn't convinced.

"Blazing? I can see you have something big on your mind and I want to help you." she said, glaring at Blazing, making her flinch.

"U-uhh, I-I'll tell you tommorow, okay?" Blazing streak said, Fluttershy's glare making her tremble a bit. Luckily for her, Fluttershy nodded and stopped staring "Okay, but If you don't I wont stop asking." she said

"Wow, that was much more assertive than she normally is." Twilight said, making Fluttershy blush and hide behind her mane.

"Hey Pinkie, wanna go in my tent? I brought a pranking kit!" Rainbow said, loud enough for everypony to hear. Pinkie Pie bounced up and down, smiling and nodding.

"I do believe that leaves me, Fluttershy and Twilight! don't worry girls, my tent is big enough for three." Rarity said, gleefully.

"Shucks, it's great to have a change of scenery every now n' then. Not that Ah dont like ponyville or anythin'." Applejack said. "'s just that it can be so stressful 'round the farm. Ya know Applebloom managed ta wreck their clubhouse while crusadin'. But me an' Blazin' fixed it lickity split."

"Speaking of the 'crusaders', have any of you noticed Sweetie Belle lately? She's been acting pretty strange." Rarity asked, she was answered by "no I havent" or things along those lines.

"What's she been doing?" Twilight asked.

"Well, for one thing, she seems to be acting like a robot lately. I don't know what's gotten into her. Let alone the voice, it sounds exactly like a robot too." Rarity replied, perplexed.

"Huh, strange." Rainbow Dash said.

Everypony sat in silence, eating the marshmallows they had cooked on the fire. This silence was broken by Fluttershy letting out a big yawn. She blushed and looked down.

"I think I agree with fluttershy, I'm tired too. Twilight said. Tired agreements came from all around the fire and they all went to sleep. Blazing streak and Applejack pitched a tent nearby, and by the time they were done, only Rarity's pop-up castle tent was finished. They called "'Night girls" and went inside. Blazing streak was about to go to sleep when Applejack poked her.

"Hey Blazin', ye fergot about the cider." she said, quietly so no pony could hear. She pulled out two bottles with labels of her holding a mug of cider up. 'Sweet Apple Cider' was written on the front. She picked one up with her hooves. "Cheers" she said. Blazing streak did the same. She then sipped. And then she gulped.

"Wow, this cider is amazing!" She exclaimed, a little too loud. "Oops, hope Rainbow didn't hear that."

"Shucks, it ain't all that special.." Applejack replied, humbly, with a blush.

"You're kidding me, right? 'Ain't that special?' Now that's being WAY too humble AJ, this cider really is amazing." Blazing streak said. Applejack just blushed harder as she swigged her cider.

"Listen, AJ... I need to thank you, for everything you've done for me. If it weren't for you, I don't know where I'd be right now and that means a shit-tone to me." Blazing streak said, suddenly serious. "And before you say that it 'was nothing' it isn't, its the exact opposite. I've never had anypony who cares for me like this, you and the girls have been by my side whenever I'm sad and ask so little in return, if anything. Now I need you to know that I'm here to do the same for you, 'till my last breath. And I mean every word" She really did mean every word.

Applejack was silent, when Blazing looked up, she saw that Applejack was smiling and crying at the same time.
"A-ah dont know what ta say, Blazin'" Was all she managed to say.

"You don't have to say anything, I just wanted you to know that." She replied, drinking more of the cider before realizing that Applejack was still looking at her, wide eyed. She stared right back at those emerald eyes she had come to love. She was lost, all of her worries instantly washed away. Looking away never crossed either of their minds. Her heartbeat was going crazy, and she could swear she could feel it warming up.

And then Applejack kissed her square on the lips.

Her whole world froze as she struggled to take in what was happening.

Applejack is... Kissing me?!

Blazing felt overwhelming joy blaze through her, piercing her rapidly beating heart and circling through her limbs and body. Her eyes closed as she kissed back. A jolt of energy rippled through her spine and she let out a soft, quite moan as her yellow-tipped wings slowly unfolded. The world around them seemed unimportant, insignificant. All that mattered was the two of them, there and then. Blazing wrapped her forelegs around Applejack, stroking her mane affectionately as AJ reciprocated the gesture. She felt moisture in her eyes as they separated after what felt like minutes, but was really a few seconds. They were still in each others' embrace, staring into each others' eyes, seemingly in a trance.

"Ah... Blazin'?" Applejack started.

"Mmhm?"

"Ah l-love you." Applejack sounded nervous as she stuttered. Blazing Streak's heart stopped for a moment. She felt a tear run down her cheek. She leaned her forehead on Applejack's, still not shifting her gaze.

"I love you too, Applejack. I have for a while now..." She whispered. She saw Applejack beam as much as she was. Blazing slowly pressed her lips against Applejack's once more, the same spark igniting somewhere within her. They separated reluctantly, Applejack leaning forward a bit to try and catch Blazing's lips before they escaped.

"...Heh... Ah could say like this for the whole night, Firefly." Applejack whispered. Blazing tilted her head.

"Firefly?" She asked, puzzled.

"Eyup, you with yer fire and the fact that you can fly mighty fast: Firefly."

"Oh... I like it, it fits" Blazing replied.

"And the fact that ya light up mah dark skies at night." She finished, making Blazing streak blush.

"Hey, AJ?"

"Yeah sugar cube?"

"You could stay like this for the whole night, can I, er... cuddle with you tonight?" Blazing asked, blush deepening more and more.

Applejack gave a small giggle. "Wouldn't have it any other way, Firefly." She laid down, inviting Blazing to do the same, which she did. They wrapped their hooves around each other and gave content sighs.

"Yer warm." Applejack said, causing Blazing to giggle a bit.

"A great way to start a camping trip." was the last thing that was heard from Blazing streak as they drifted into sleep.

Author's Note:

Yay... Another chapter.

Okay, I finally got some interesting stuff happening in a chapter, the first two seemed to be a bit event-less to me. I hope to have more interesting stuff in the future.

By the way, there is a lot more to come with this story, and its no where near over, Blazing (or, "Firefly") and AJ's relationship isn't the main focus of the story, which will be developed in up-coming chapters.

Also, the story seems to be completely changing from the one I have planned... that one sucked about 20% more than this one does

G'day



Note: I have edited part of this chapter - the confession part.