• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 941 Views, 25 Comments

Flame of a Different World - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



Applejack finds an unconscious red Pegasus in her orchard

  • ...
9
 25
 941

Blazing streak makes a good radiator

Blazing streak was frozen in fear, in front of her stood a black Unicorn with purple, glowing eyes. She couldn't move, her legs and wings felt like they were tied down. In the corners of her eyes she could see the remains of her mother and fathers' bodies, drenched in blood, their eyes staring at nothing. She focused on the eyes in front of her, rippling with insanity. the Unicorn they belonged to slowly started to raise a hoof, clutching a bloody cleaver. "I'm going to enjoy this..." it said, in a slightly demonic sounding voice. Blazing tried to scramble backwards, only to bump into a wall. "Tell your parents I said hi!"
It swung the cleaver towards her face.


"AAH!" Blazing streak shot up from her disturbed sleep in a medium sized room with a single window, looking out of it she could see it was still around midnight. She looked at a clock on the bed-side table, it was in fact, 11:58 pm.

"Blazin'? you alright?" The door opened gently to reveal Applejack walking in.

"I'm fine, had a nightmare, that's all." She replied, voice still a tiny bit shaky.

"Wanna talk about it, sugar cube?" Applejack softly asked.

"N-no... I'm sorry, I cant." She replied. These nightmares were just too traumatizing for Blazing streak for her to talk about what happened that night, even to Applejack, who seemed to have a way of comforting Blazing streak by just being in the same room.

"Alright then sugar cube. Now ya'll should get back ta sleep or you'll be tired in the mornin'"

Blazing streak just nodded before laying back down on her bed as Applejack left the room, saying "g'night Blazin'".

No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't sleep, all she could think about was her nightmare, her parents and what happened that night. A lone tear escaped her closed eyelids. If only she could have done something to save them. Sighing, she gave up on sleep. A thought entered her mind. Flying always made her forget about her troubles, it was a way to escape her sorrow and anger. She got up, opened the window and flew out, slowly at first so she didn't wake anyone up, and then took off into the night.

..-...---...-..

A fiery aura surrounded her in a cone formation, although she wasn't flying fast enough to break the sound barrier, this often happened when she flew fast enough, she rocketed through the air at high speeds, sorrow forgotten, replaced by adrenaline and speed. Flying closer to the ground, she could see the flames illuminating the ground below in an orange glow. From the ground, it would have looked like a meteorite was about to crash.
She then noticed a rainbow trail appear next to her. Looking round, she saw Rainbow dash Flying beside her.

"Blazing? that's you? I thought A meteorite was inbound! This is awesome!"

Blazing streak only smiled while glancing at her, She picked up speed, leaving Rainbow dash in a cloud of smoke.

"Oh it's like that is it? IT'S ON!" Rainbow dash caught up with her. She sped up, almost at sonic speeds, and so did Rainbow dash, who was right beside her. A cone started to form around both of their hooves, glowing in rainbow coloured embers. Blazing pushed harder, she felt the strain of the barrier pushing back on her, but kept going, faster. With one burst of speed, the cone exploded into a multi-coloured flaming disc, spreading outwards in every direction. Blazing streak felt the strain ebb away, her efforts now unrestricted. a Jet like trail on her, and a rainbow trail on Rainbow dash

"YEAH!!" Blazing streak managed to hear Rainbow dash cry out.

She slowed down until she could land on a low floating cloud. She found that she couldn't say anything, she was speechless at what had just happened. During their race, they had both broken the sound barrier at the same time, close enough that they had mixed.

"That was so AWESOME!" Rainbow dash's voice came out in a squeak. She raised a hoof towards Blazing streak, signalling for a hoof bump, which Blazing streak gladly returned

There was a moment of silence before Rainbow spoke up again;

"So... ya like Applejack hu-"
"WHAT?!" Blazing streak blushed furiously, how did Rainbow dash know? was she Really that obvious?

Rainbow dash's eyes teared up, a heartbeat later, she was on her back laughing hysterically.

"The look on your face! AHaaahaha.. cant breath!"

Blazing streak growled. If this hadn't been one of her friends, she would have bucked her into oblivion. Rainbow dash saw the look she was getting, her mood dropped as she backed away.

"U-uh... sorry?"

Blazing streak stopped the glare she was giving Rainbow dash. Her frown gave way to a light chuckle. Revenge was needed.
Without warning, she stomped on the cloud as hard as she could, destroying it.

"wh-AAAAAH!" Rainbow dash was caught off gaurd. Extending her wings, she slowed herself just above the ground.

It was Blazing streak's turn to burst out laughing.

"HEY! not cool!" Rainbow dash said, pouting.

"That was the most girlish scream I've ever heard!" Blazing said between laughs. first real laugh in years...

"I'll get you back for this!" Rainbow replied, smirking a little. She was about to turn and fly off when she said; "Don't tell anyone about this!". She turned and flew off.
Blazing streak hovered there for a few moments before going back to the farm.

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

Blazing streak woke to Applejack poking her side with her hoof.
"Up n' at em Blazin'! Ah got ya breakfast in bed."

"Applejack, you didn't have to-"

"Maybe not but I did sugar cube, now eat up." Applejack interrupted her.

"Thank's AJ." she said with a smile.

"No problem sugar cube, now Ah have ta get mah chores done, so come to me if ye need anythin'" She said, walking out the door.

I owe her, badly. She thought, eating the delicious apple pie in front of her. Once she finished it, she stretched her forelegs, making a clicking sound before walking out the door. She soon spotted Applejack bucking some apple trees while Big Mac pulled a cart full of red delicious to the barn.

"Well howdy there sugar cube!" Applejack greeted, slamming her back hooves into the tree, causing all of its apples to fall into baskets.

"Hey AJ. Need some help?" Blazing streak decided to make herself useful.

"Naw, its okay Blazin', Ah got this." She replied.

"Hey, I owe you, big time though. I insist." Blazing pressed.

"Sugar cube, its fine. ah don't need help." Applejack persisted.

Blazing streak sighed. "Okay then." She said, pouting slightly.

She looked up, seeing rain clouds being moved in by pegasi.

"Looks like it's gonna rain." she warned Applejack, before seeing storm clouds drifting in. "Okay, a storm is coming."

"Aw ponyfeathers... Looks like Ah'll have ta catch up with mah chores later." Applejack replied, frustrated. A few raindrops found their way onto Blazing streak's pelt.

"Yep, it's starting now." The rain then started to pick up, a soft drizzle turned into a torrential downpour, soaking both Blazing streak and Applejack to the bones.

"daing it!" Applejack exclaimed, turning to gallop back to the house. Blazing streak hovered over her, keeping her safe from the bombardment of water from above. Applejack noticed this, she looked up and gave a smile that melted Blazing streak's heart, but she kept going. By the time they reached the house, lightning had started to erupt from the skies. Blazing streak felt like a soaked sponge, her coat was heavy, she was cold and dripping.

"Well that sucks." Blazing streak commented

"Eeyup, thanks fer keepin' me dry....ish." Applejack said, still soaked from the start of the downpour.

"Not a problem. Uh.. I should probably dry myself off before dripping all over your home, this will only take a sec." She lifted herself slightly into the air, and heated herself up, drops of water evaporated from her coat. In a few seconds, she was dry and landed again.

"now that's cheatin'!" Applejack said with a chuckle, with was returned by Blazing streak.

"Gosh, it ain't much warmer in here than it is out there, is the heatin' on?"

"Naw, It's broken, Big Mac's tryin' ta fix it." Applebloom said, shivering slightly.

"Consarn it, we need ta get a new heater one a these days." Applejack said, motioning Blazing streak to come inside.

An idea formed in Blazing's head. Walking into the living room, where Applebloom and Granny Smith were on the sofa with blankets on, shivering, she heated herself up again, creating a red aura around her.

"Did ya'll fix that heater Big Mac? It's gettin warmer!" Applejack said, trotting into the room.

"Nah, you got a new one!" Blazing streak said.

Applejack noticed the red aura around her and how it seemed to get warmer as she got closer.
"Well Ah'll be..."

"yep, there's more than one advantage of having my abilities." Blazing streak said with a proud grin.

"Well thank ya'll fer keepn' us warm." Applejack said, followed by murmurs of agreement from her family.

"Hey sis, we're gonna need a new hea-" Big Mac strode into the room, seeing Blazing streak in the room, he stopped talking, and just said; "Eeyup."

Glancing out the window, Blazing streak managed to make out a figure within the orchard. It looked like some sort of pony, but with a cape. It looked familiar to Blazing streak, like she had seen it before. Then it looked her way. Her heart stopped for a moment as she made out those purple, glowing eyes of her old enemy. Hey eyes went wide and she let out a gasp. The figure outside then disappeared in a glowed of darkness.

"What's wrong sugar cube?" Applejack asked.

"Its.. nothing..." Blazing streak lied, it must of just been her imagination. Applejack didn't look convinced, but didn't say anything. She walked up to a stereo and started to play some folk music. Blazing streak didn't mind music like this, but she was more of a rock type. However, this music wasn't bad, she enjoyed it.

"Who's this?" She broke the silence between the ponies.

"Bucky Cash. Our favorite singer!" Applebloom replied enthusiastically. Blazing streak nodded, before noticing Applejack still drenched and shivering. She moved closer, still heating up the room. She sat right next to Applejack, and she stopped shivering. The aura surrounding Blazing was now illuminating Applejack's pelt, giving her a warm glow. Blazing streak thought this was beautiful, unknowingly, she was staring at Applejack.

"Blazin' ya'll okay?" Applejack woke her from her day dream

"Wha? Oh, sorry, kinda spaced out there." Blazing streak blushed heavily, she had just been caught staring at Applejack.

"Uh, did yer face jus' get redder?" Applejack said, smirking.

"Uh... no?" Blazing streak struggled not to sound embarrassed.

"Ah'm only teasin'. Thanks sugar cube."

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

Blazing streak could be seen flying through ponyville's skies at high speed. She looked like a meteorite about to crash. Another nightmare had woken her up in the middle of the night, the same one as before. She had nightmares often, but usually they were about falling or losing her abilities, she had only had nightmares like this shortly after her parents died and she narrowly escaped with her life. But that wasn't all that was bugging Blazing streak, all she could think about was Applejack. She started to think that this crush of hers had turned into something more. Something meaningful, it had turned into full blown love over the past week she was in Equestria. She had no idea what to do, confessing to Applejack could ruin the first and most cherished friendship she had ever had, and that would break her. She didn't even know if Applejack liked mares too, let alone if she was interested.

Although, with all the troubles, came the silver lining. She was beginning to fit in around the town, ponies didn't shy away from her as much and some even greeted her with a simple "Hello" or "how're ya doing?". Her friendships with Applejack, Rainbow dash, Rarity, Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy had grown massively, they spent more and more time together like picnics, parties and generally hanging out. They even had a camping trip planned for the next day, which Blazing streak was looking forward to. A whole weekend with her friends, who all had free time then. Things were definitely getting better for Blazing.

But there was one thing that bothered her the most. Every now and then throughout the week, she kept on seeing that black Unicorn staring at her, once she had tried to approach it, but like always, it disappeared before she could do anything. She had no idea what was going on, but it couldn't be good.

Blazing streak gradually came to a halt on a cloud high up in the sky and laid there on it, looking up at the sky into the array of stars that looked like tiny light bulbs hanging on a black ceiling, with one big bulb as the moon, shining its dim light all over Equestria. She hadn't realized how beautiful it was a night, she had never been in one place long enough to stare at the night sky's wonders. One specific thing that caught her eye, however, was an arrangement of stars that, if she looked close enough, looked like an apple. She continued to gaze up at the stars for a long time, before eventually losing consciousness and falling asleep on the cloud.

Author's Note:

Aaaaand another one's finished.

Okay, that felt a lot better than the first one, I dont know, tell me what you think and/or leave a rating. If you want to that is

Kbai