• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 941 Views, 25 Comments

Flame of a Different World - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



Applejack finds an unconscious red Pegasus in her orchard

  • ...
9
 25
 941

Epilogue - revisited

Luna's moon shone it's gloomy light over Equestria. Under a tree on the north hills of Ponyville lay two ponies, one, a red Pegasus with an orange main, the other, an orange farm pony with a blonde mane, tied up with red bands and wearing a stetson. They watched over the sleeping town of Ponyville, ponies sleeping quietly and peacefully. It was hard to believe that just three weeks ago, the town had been almost completely destroyed by an army of what Twilight now called 'shades' - based from their dark appearance- led by Night Whisper, which turned out to be Dusk shadow, Blazing Streak's brother.

Beyond Ponyville stood an enormous mountain, with the city of Canterlot hanging on it's side. To the left, lay the gloomy Everfree forest, which Blazing Streak had heard many stories about. Wild carnivores and monsters roaming the foggy cover of trees.

"I can't believe that it was ever destroyed." Blazing Streak mused. Applejack, who was laying her head on Blazing's chest, nodded in agreement

"Time flies when yer workin' hard." The two had helped in any way they could throughout the time. Blazing Streak, not so much, due to her exhaustion from the fight which had lasted for an entire week. She had regained her strength now, though. A long scratch along her pelt reminded her of the 'shades' and the battle, from when they were first attacked on the way home from one of Pinkie's parties. She sighed.

"Somethin' up, Firefly?"

"No matter what I do, I can't forget that battle, I killed my own brother." She replied solemnly.

"Sugar cube... He was a danger ta all of us, ya had no choice." Applejack reassured her. "Also, ya saved Equestria, Firefly, n' Princess Celestia even gave ya a stained glass window in her palace."

"I know, but that doesn't mean he wasn't my brother."

"No, Firefly, that monster that attacked us wasn't yer brother, he was something else. Remember him fer what he used ta be, the good side ta him." Blazing Streak nodded slowly, eyes closed. Neither of them said anything for a while after that. During that while, Applejack noticed that Blazing was a bit tense, her wings were twitching occasionally, her breaths were shorter and her heartbeat was faster.

"There's somethin' else botherin' ya, Firefly. Ya'll are so tense."

Blazing Streak shuffled a bit before replying.
"Applejack, I gotta ask you something." Curiosity piqued, Applejack looked around to face her marefriend, who was reaching behind her, looking for something. What she pulled out made Applejack's heart skip.

A velvet box, lined with gold around the edges.

"Applejack, I know it's only been six months since we've known each other, but during those six months, it was you who gave me shelter in your barn when I was unconscious. You were the one that welcomed me into your home when I had no where else to go. You were the one who introduced me to the other five of the best friends - the only friends I've ever had. You were the one that was always there for me when I was in doubt. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be the pony I am today, I would most likely be isolated from this place. But I'm not, I have the six best friends any pony could ever ask for and I have you to thank for that. A million years of hard labor won't cover the debt I have in you. When Night Whisper attacked with his army and you were knocked out, it made me realize just how much you mean to me, it flipped my priorities from world safety to making sure you were safe."

Applejack's heartbeat was going a thousand miles a minute. She didn't know Blazing Streak could make such a heart - felt, romantic speech.

"Applejack, you've given me so much, and it's time I gave something in return, something that could mean the world and more to me and hopefully you too." She smiled a nervous smile before continuing.

"Applejack, Will you marry me?" She opened the box, revealing a diamond encrusted golden ring which gleamed in the moonlight. Applejack gasped, her heart lurched at the question, she stared at the ring for a minute before tears came to her eyes. A lifetime with Blazing Streak? She couldn't believe it. When she had found Blazing in her orchard six months previously, she had realized how lonely she was. Granted, she had her brother, sister and Granny Smith, but she never had somepony to call her own. All that had changed when she invited Blazing to stay at her house. And now her mare-friend was proposing to her, sealing their relationship, meaning she would always have someone she loved right beside her to keep her warm. Her heart warmed up with unrelenting joy.

"Oh Celestia, yes, Firefly!" She lunged forward and pulled the now overjoyed Blazing Streak into a long, passionate kiss. She licked her soon to be wife's lips, which opened, allowing her tongue to enter. She felt warm tears from Blazing Streak's eyes as she messaged her mane. Eventually, they separated for breath. Blazing Streak gently took the ring from the box and slipped it onto Applejack's hoof. The diamond started to glow a red-orange colour.

"It's beautiful!" Applejack exclaimed, as she went to kiss Blazing Streak once more.

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

Two years later, Blazing Streak was walking through the orchard, a big smile permanently plastered on her face. To her left, Applejack, her wife, kicked a tree with her two back hooves, causing all the apples to fall into baskets.

"Morning AJ." She called, trotting over.

"Mornin' sleepy head." Applejack replied, making Blazing Streak blush.

"How's work? need help?" Blazing asked.

"Ah'm doin' alright, would ya mind takin' these baskets over to the barn?" Blazing Streak nodded before taking all four of them with her hooves and carefully flying them back, preventing any falling out. When she got the the barn, she noticed Twilight and Spike trotting over with serious expressions on their faces. Confused, She set down the baskets and landed next to them.

"What's up, Twilight?"

"I need to talk to you and Applejack, where is she?"

"She's out in the orchard, I'll go get her" A few moments later she had led Applejack over.

"What's all this about twi?" Applejack asked. "Ah need ta get back ta work."

"This is important, girls." She grabbed a scroll from her saddlebags with her magic, unrolling it out in front of them.

"Uh, a map?" Twilight nodded, before pointing to a location Blazing Streak had never heard from before.

"Ponybor? wait, mah family comes from there! Ya know, Ah've never told anypony else this before, but mah family weren't jus' travellin', they were runnin' away. Refugees, they used ta own an orchard like this one. Ah kept it a secret ta defend the family name, so don't go tellin' everypony about it."

Twilight looked taken aback. "Oh... I wont Applejack, don't worry. Anyway, we're going on a little adventure there. A dragon called Teine sealgaire, or "Fire Hunter" lives there, and is guarding a massive treasure.

"Ah'll go, ah need ta visit mah ancestor's homeland, ta see what its like."

"Well then I'm in too." Blazing Streak agreed with Applejack.

Author's Note:

Okay, so the last bit is continued by atomicbrony45's 'Derpy hooves: An unexpected journey'

You should check it out here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/141638/derpy-hooves-an-unexpected-journey

Anyway, so that's all, I hope you enjoyed the story and I will be writing again soon.

KTHXBAI