• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 942 Views, 25 Comments

Flame of a Different World - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



Applejack finds an unconscious red Pegasus in her orchard

  • ...
9
 25
 942

'Am I dead?'

Blazing Streak took three steps towards Night Whisper, who in turn backed away with fear and shock in his face. His horn suddenly lit up and he shot a bolt of energy towards Blazing. It struck, but barely left a mark.

Blazing Streak growled once more before attacking. She lashed out with a hoof, empowered with dark blue flame, catapulting Night Whisper into the air. She kicked off as fast as she could. a trail of Dark flame following. She caught up to Night Whisper in half a second, she thrusted a hoof into his face and blasted him with the other, he coursed through the air at high speeds, on fire. Blazing once more shot towards him, once she caught him, she span around him like a black blur, dealing blows rapidly from all directions, he tried to fight back, but it was futile, the strength in his arms escaped with every hit Blazing landed on him.

She then smashed her two front hooves into him and sent him shooting towards the ground. He let out a cry of agony.
Out of the corner of her eye, she notice her friends still fighting the army of darkness, they were doing better this time, which encouraged Blazing. Turning her furious attention back to the dazed Unicorn below her, she raised her two front hooves.

A ball of dark flame surrounded her hooves, she built it up further and further, until she could not release any more energy into it. She then cast millions of smaller bolts out from this one big mass of death, cascading down onto where the Unicorn was staring in disbelief. He screamed at the top of his lungs as the volley of flames hit him, dark flame erupted from around him, growing bigger and more intense with every bolt sent his way. The creatures around were starting to flicker, like Night Whisper's dark magic was failing.

She stopped her volley and charged up her hooves once more, this time upon release, an intense beam burst from them and struck Night Whisper's flaming body. A scream of intense agony and hatred shot through the air as his army disappeared along with the rift. Suddenly, Blazing's anger faltered, her features returned to normal as she fell to the ground. The world around her faded to black.

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

Applejack, half distracted by the intense battle going on above them, struggled with the endless waves of dark creatures. She and her friends were all together, back to back killing dozens upon dozens of enemies.

"How are ya'll doin'?" She asked the group, pounding a hoof into one of the creature's face.

"Fluttershy has a scratch wound on her shoulder and Rainbow Dash has been scratched in her face." Twilight reported.

Suddenly, the whole sky lit up as explosions sounded ahead. Looking up, she saw Blazing Streak's furious form pelting volleys of dark blue flame upon a section of the town. The creatures around them flickered.

"I think she's doing it!" Twilight shouted, followed by shouts of triumph from Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

Then, a painfully agonizing scream echoed from ahead, where Applejack saw a beam of dark blue emanating from Blazing Streak. The creatures they were fighting all evaporated, and the rift they were coming from closed.

"WE DID IT!" Rainbow Dash shouted, they all let out cheers of immense joy, before Applejack spotted something that made her heart try to jump out of her chest.

Blazing Streak was falling.

She wasn't stopping.

"Oh no.." She sprinted as fast as her legs could carry her towards the scene. Turning a corner, she saw Blazing Streak lying on her side.

"Firefly!" She skidded to a halt beside Blazing's motionless body.

"Firefly?" She tried to wake her up. She put an ear to Blazing's chest. To her horror, her heart wasn't beating, and she wasn't breathing.

"No... NO! Firefly!" She fell to her knees beside Blazing Streak's motionless body and lifted her up with her hooves. Tears fell from her eyes as she buried her scratched face into her marefriend's chest.

"Wake up.. please wake up!" She sobbed "Ah love you, please, Firefly." Her pleading cut into uncontrollable sobs.

"Appleja-" Behind her, Rainbow Dash and her friends had caught up with her. Fluttershy immediately started to cry, almost as badly as Applejack.

Pinkie Pie's mane deflated into a dull, straight position as she started to cry.

Rainbow Dash was also crying. She smashed her hoof against the wall, causing it to crack.

Rarity was staring in horror, her eyes forming tears.

Twilight put her head in her hooves.

"Come back.. Firefly, come back." Applejack whimpered.

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

Cyan, eerie mist surrounded Blazing Streak, her legs felt week, and her head felt like it had been run over by a train.

What? Where am I?

Memories of the battle flooded her mind, her eyes widened to their full size.

Am I dead?

"No, your time has not come yet, my daughter." A low voice echoed.

"Dad? What's happening? Where are you?" She was answered by a flash of bright light before her, revealing her dad.

"You exhausted yourself too much out there. Your rage controlled you, it was the only thing keeping you going. Your body was over used, past it's limit. That's why you are here now." He said, as she hugged him.

"D-did I..." She swallowed before continuing. "Did I kill him?" Her dad didn't answer, she could have sworn she saw something flicker in his eyes for a brief moment.

"You must return now, your friends are frantic, like I said, this isn't your time. Stay safe, daughter." Her dad said as he faded.

She felt a tugging sensation on her body, like she was being pulled down. Her vision faded to black once more.

.-...---...-.-...---...-.

Crying.

Her senses flooded back to her, hearing, smell, sight and touch. Most vividly, exhaustion. She felt numb all over and she was out of breath.

"Wha?" was all she could say. Shocked gasps filled her ears as she opened her eyes, she was in Applejack's arms. Around her, she could see destroyed houses and shops, but it was mostly intact.

"Firefly!" Applejack exclaimed.

"Wh... Applejack! Did we win? Is Ponyville safe now?" Applejack answered her questions with a passionate kiss, which she wearily returned. They stayed like that for a couple of moments, when they separated, Applejack had tears in her eyes, as well has all her friends, who were now crowding around her.

"Ya did it, Blazin'!" Applejack stated, joyfully.

"I... killed him?" She realized. "I need to see him." She managed to lift herself to her hooves, still needing support from Applejack. They scrambled towards a scorched crater, in the middle, lay a bleeding, yellow Unicorn with red hair. Blazing Streak stiffened, her pupils shrank and her legs trembled.

"Dusk Shadow?! B-brother?!" She exclaimed. She scrambled towards the body, which was twitching every now and then, indicating that there was still life in him.

He coughed up blood and looked at Blazing, his red eyes dull and almost lifeless.

"Why? Why would you do this? You killed our parents! You might have wiped out Equestria!" Blazing Streak growled. Some of her anger was returning to her.

"Wait, this is yer brother?" Applejack asked, astonished. Blazing Streak stiffly nodded in return.

Dusk Shadow didn't answer her question, instead, she said; "Finish me, go on, do it. You know you always hated me, and now's your chance to get rid of me."

Blazing Streak stared at him for a moment. She started to limp away.

"Coward!" her brother rasped. "I should have expected that from a fillyfooler." Blazing Streak stopped dead. She growled once more.

"Uh oh..." Rainbow Dash commented.

Using what little strength she had, Blazing Streak flung a bolt of fire into Dusk Shadow's dying body, no scream was heard as her brother ceased existence.

Author's Note:

Okay, so I have two things planned;

1. A prequel to this story, explaining Blazing Streak's past

2. Another mini story about how Dusk Shadow became Night Whisper etc.

Both of those will come, but for now, I'm thinking of veering away from Blazing Streak related stories.

Anyway, Its getting close to the end of the story, just an epilogue to go, might change but that's the most likely.

Sorry that this chapter is shorter than the rest, there is only so much I can come up with, and now it seems unnecessary to write anything more in this chapter.

Good day