• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 3,405 Views, 155 Comments

Chaos and Sunshine: the Discord x Celestia Group Collab - The Princess Rarity



Prompt collabration with the Discord / Celestia shipping group. Little stories about your favorite Sun Princess & Spirit of Chaos!

  • ...
8
 155
 3,405

Salt - The Princess Rarity

"Happy birthday, Celestia."

Celestia slowly opened an eye and released out a very unladylike groan as she buried her face into one of the ridiculously plush pillows on her bed. "Good morning to you too, Discord," she muttered.

"Funny," the draconequus smirked as he floated over to lay beside her. "I had always taken you to be the morning type."

The Sun Princess let a sigh escape her lips and she flickered her gaze up to Discord, who was smiling his usual mischevious smile. "What do you want?" she inquired, brushing voluminous locks of mane from her vision. "I would like to at least try and enjoy my birthday."

"Exactly!" the Spirit of Chaos declared, sitting up and giving a quick flourish with his talon and lion paw. "Which is why I decided to treat you, my lovely wife, to breakfast in bed!"

And with a quick flash of light, there was a tray placed next to Celestia - complete with French toast drenched in syrup, hay bacon, coffee that was as black as the night, and a small, but very decadent-looking cake, decorated with dark chocolate frosting, and if she guessed right, she was assuming it'd be red velvet underneath...

Her favorite.

"And, before you ask, yes, I made it myself." Discord boasted, with a grin that almost didn't have a slight twinge of question behind it. "Don't worry - your Royal kitchen is in tip top shape."

With a raised eyebrow in curiosity, Celestia slowly sat herself up and took a cautious sip of her coffee, only to be surprised that it tasted perfect - just as if she were to brew some of it on her own...

"What, do you doubt my cooking skills?" the draconequus questioned, with a tone of mock disappointment to his voice as he placed a talon over his heart in false pain. "Why, Celestia..."

Shaking her head playfully, the alicorn didn't bother with table manners as she munched away on a slice of the bacon, and was taken aback that it was also made to just how she liked it - not too crispy, but neither was it disgustingly slimy. And she wasn't doubting the fact that her husband could cook, however...

"You really made all of this by yourself?" Celestia questioned as she dug into the French toast, noticing that it was fluffy and thick, not thin and burnt.

Now she knew Discord had to have tried something...

"I might have referred to one or two cookbooks," he admitted. "and failed several attempts."

With a sly smile at knowing she was (mostly) correct on the matter, Celestia shook her head playfully and headed straight for the cake. After all, while the rest of her meal was delicious and seemed like something out of a five-star restaurant, she was a very firm believer in desserts first...

...Although, despite it was her favorite - rich dark chocolate, the kind straight from Marescow, with a silky red velvet cake base, something about it seemed ... odd.

Magically levitating over the napkin from the tray, Celestia spit out the chunk of cake she had bitten off and wrinkled her nose.

"Discord..."

"Even on your birthday you manage to get mad at me," the draconequus sighed. "what did I do now?"

"I'm not mad, so to speak, but..." Celestia hesitated. "Did you bother to double check when mixing the ingredients in this cake?"

His expression said it all.

A big, fat no.

"Taste this icing for me," the Sun Princess said simply, scraping off a bit of the delicious-looking chocolate from the rest of her cake and levitating the fork over to her husband, who breezily snatched it and licked off the frosting, only to be surprised as well.

... it wasn't sweet, or even the slightest bit bitter - due to the chocolate.

Instead, it was...

Salty.

"Oops?" Discord said, with a nervous chuckle, only before clearing his throat. "But, look at it this way, Celestia, at least I didn't give you food poisoning!"

Shaking her head and rolling her eyes playfully, the Sun Princess let out a sigh and slightly pushed her meal away.

"Well, since you ruined my cake, I suppose that I'll just have to settle for something... sweeter."

And with that look, Discord could tell all.

A mishap with salt was nothing, it was time for things to get spicy.