• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 1,268 Views, 25 Comments

Fire and Earth, Bats and Hearth - lionaxel



Side Fic to Five Score, Divided by Four. Two people are going some changes. They've only got each other, or so they think. Another person and his pet crow are other going through some changes.

  • ...
7
 25
 1,268

Farther more a change takes place, Conquering all with a messed up grace

"Mira, what is wrong with my eyes?" My heart skips a beat. I look straight into Mira's light blue-green eyes. Wait, no... that's not right. Mira's eyes are gray, not blue! None of this makes sense! How could someone change someone else's eye color? That's just plain impossible.

"Er... new color." Mira mutters under her breath.

"I'm gonna pretend I heard you." I say. "Mira... What color are my eyes?"

Mira takes a long breath. "Green. A really, really bright green."

No, no, no, no! My eyes are blue not green! What is wrong with me!? "I... I think I'm gonna be sick!"

"Well, stay away from me! I swear I'll beat you up if you stain my clothes with vomit!" Mira growls. Then her voice took on a softer tone. "But... what color are my eyes?"

"Oh. A light blue-green, almost cyan-y." I reply, proud of myself for making up a word. Then my head begins to swim with the thoughts of what might be going on.

"Iris... who is Sunset Shimmer?" Mira stands up.

"She's a unicorn who used to be Princess Celestia's star student-"

"That's Twilight now, right?"

"Yeah. Sunset got annoyed because she didn't achieve her goal right away so she escaped to the MLP version of Earth. There she became the bully of the school and got whatever she wanted. When Twilight came- you know what? I have the movie. We can watch it." I say, motioning toward the drawer where the movies were kept.

"That's sounds good. Go make popcorn." Mira commands.

Of course Mira would tell me that. I head into the kitchen to make some popcorn. Most of the time I don't feel like arguing with Mira. That doesn't help our relationship at all, besides, I like helping. I can hear the movie starting and the popcorn is almost done. Ding! I open the microwave and take out the popcorn, putting it into a bowl. Then I sit down next to Mira. As we get into the movie, I can tell Mira is absorbed int it completely. She isn't even taking any popcorn, which is terribly unlike her. I decide to break the silence after about an hour. "I'll be right back."

Mira barely mutters "Yeah, okay. Whatever."

I head to the bathroom and as I look into the mirror, I feel my blood turn to ice again. My hair is even longer than before and an even darker brown. Then I realize that my balance felt different, almost better than before. I check my body and when I get to my feet I realize why. I am walking with my heels raised. My body is basically balancing on the balls of my feet and my toes. I lower my heels and try to take a step, but nearly fall over. "Woah there!" I feel really off-balanced for some reason and my ankles really want to be raised again for some reason, so I let them. Man, I'm gonna be taking orders from my butt next. Well, I guess ponies do that. 'Cause it's what my cutie mark is telling me. Although, what is my cutie mark telling me? To become a gardener? Meh, whatever. This entire idea of ponies and hair changing colors is giving me a headache. I take some Advil and walk back out. Mira is still watching Equestria Girls with a strange passion. Her hair is nearly the same as Sunset Shimmer, with more curls and brighter color.

"Mira?" I call.

She doesn't turn to look at me and is glued to the screen. "Yeah?"

"Hair is a bit brighter and walking is a bit different." I tell her.

She turns with a wild expression "We have hooves!?"

"No. but I seem to be walking a bit differently." I reply, unsure as to why she didn't just check herself.

"Pfft, meh, whatever." She returns to the movie.

I'm starting to feel a bit sleepy, probably from the Advil. There is no way that Mira is going to go back to her house, I just know it, so I tell her that I am going to take a nap and head off. It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep and of course I have the same dream as always. This time from father along.

------

"Discord!" I spit at the Draconequus. "What have you done to Apple Bloom!?"

"Me? I've done nothing! Poor little Princess, can't find your little sissy?" The chimera thing mocks.

"Wh-what!? Oh my Celestia... You've actually snapped!" I hoof at the ground.

"Snapped? Oh I'd hardly say that. I was biding my time, waiting for the right moment to strike. Now enough about that! Your time is up, Ms. Harmony! Twilight's gone"

"No, wait!" I can feel something reacting in my body, my eyes start glowing white.

"Uh oh, that can't be good. Heh heh heh!" Discord feigns a worried emotion. Then my vision fades white.

"...For five score divided by four!"

------

I wake up, it's dark, but not that dark. I check my clock that's by my beside table, 8:32 PM. I was asleep for four and a half hours! I sit up and get out of bed, where I'm greeted by a strange sensation, almost as if a weight or something is tied onto my spine. My breath quickens as I realize what it could possibly be. I creep forward trying to ignore the 'thing' hitting me and I flip on the light switch. Then I turn to the body mirror, looking at one spot in particular. Gulp! "Well, I don't think that's normal!"

My vision starts to blur, black spots dancing around.

I have a tail.

I shift my eyes upward as I realize that something else is wrong as well. On top of my head, I see a dark blue. My ears are at the top of my head. Not where they should be. Ears. No. Get down from there! My ears are equine in appearance. No, no, no, no, No, No, NO! "Gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!" I promptly faint right then and there.

------

Okay, okay. I swear that in, how many hours has it been? Five? Eight? I lost track. I swear I've become a bigger, ugh, what's it called? Brony? A bigger brony than Iris, and that's saying something. Speaking of Iris, where did she go? Meh, no matter. Though she did mention walking differently. I stand up and see that I am walking differently. Well, say goodbye to being a plantigrade and say hello to being a digitigrade. I brush my hair out of my eyes, but something else seems a bit off about how I'm walking though, almost as if my backside is heavier. I turn to look.

"Crap, I have a tail! I HAVE A TAIL" This SUCKS! What the hell am I supposed to do know. Call my mom, 'Hey mom, I grew a tail today. Guess what? My hair also changed colors and I magically got tramp stamps. All in a days work, y'know?' Yeah, so not happening. I look at the clock. It's what... nine? I guess I'd better go wake up Iris. Gotta talk to her about this tail and beat her up for it. I move my hair out of my face again. Jeez, it keeps coming back! I walk into Iris's room and fall on my face. "Ow! What the fuck did I just trip- oh."

I just tripped on Iris who is out cold on the floor. I get up onto my hands and knees and examine her unconscious body. She too has a tail matching her really dark brown, really long hair. And she has pony ears. What the- oh shit. I feel the sides of my head, but my ears are missing. "Ohhhhhh Sweet Celestia! Where the fuck are my ears!?" Of course I already know the answer to that. I feel the top of my head, where I find pony ears. I lift my head up to look in Iris's mirror and see that they are pale orange. My hair is also really bright now, and even longer. It also seems to travel down my neck, farther than it did before. My hairline has moved lower. Like a mane.

Welp, time to wake her up. I get back up on my feet. "Synth! Wake up! NOW!" She's not moving. I roll my eyes and kick her.

Her eyes flutter open. "Wh-what!? Ow... My side. Sunset... Did you... kick me? You have boots on!"

"Well, yeah. So wha..." I pause. Did Iris just call me Sunset? Really? REALLY? "Seriously, getting my name wrong now? What is going on in your simple little head?"

"My simple little head!? Argh, really!? Well fine, take your pretty mane and tail and ears and horn and get out of here then!"

"Hey! I didn't mean it like that!" I stammer. Horn? I don't have a horn. Not yet at least!

"Good, or else I'll buck you into the wall." Iris glares.

"I- wait, repeat that." Buck me into a wall? What? Like Apple-Bucking?

"I'll buck you..." She face palmed. "I'm getting really confused now!!"

"So am I."

------

I drive home, being sure to keep Sun inside the car this time. "You'd better stay there. Can't have a crash, now can we?"

She squawked as if in response. I'll never get over that. I safely make it home and as I start to pick up Sun, I instantly drop her. The crow's bodily temperature has gone up by a tremendous amount. "Sun, are you okay?" I ask.

She nods. What the hell? You know what? Not even gonna question it anymore.

"I think I'm gonna take you to a vet."

She shakes her head.

"Well, screw you too!" I sigh and walk to my room. You know what? Screw this entire day. I'm going to sleep!

Author's Note:

Next chapter will probably focus more on Ace.